[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really makes you think...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: GOATS.jpg (324 KB, 2000x640) Image search: [Google]
GOATS.jpg
324 KB, 2000x640
The greatest players of our generation in our sports have been crowned this year.
What a fucking year for sports. Soak it in /sp/, you'll get to tell your grandkids you saw these legends
>>
>peypey
Lmao fuck off
>>
And there were some surprises
>Leicester City
>Man City getting to the semjs
>>
>>68720595
Peyton Manning is number 1 in everything except super bowl wins. Regardless he's already proven himself enough. Just having more rings doesn't make someone better and is a terrible argument
>>
>crosby greatest
>>
>>68720679
Peyton is the Curry of the NFL

Fuck off.
>>
>>68720676
Nobody cares about soccer.
>>
File: 1437711646084.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1437711646084.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>68720548
oh yes i forgot how the NFL rigged a super bowl for their "golden child" Peyton Manning
>>
>>68720679
Throwing lame duck spirals to hall of fame receivers isn't an indication of gud, it's an indication of crutch.
>>
>>68720676
Only thing that could top that is the US winning the copa
>>68720679
I can't even be mad because I fucking hate the warriors and the panthers and thought the sharks were a meme team but I dont agree
>>
>>68720732
Eh.

It wasn't as bad as this years nba finals where they blatantly did it for Lebron. (Billion dollar deal, Space Jam 2, ratings, etc.. Multiple reasons)

All in all the NFL promotes parity and I don't think it's rigged as much. BUT however during the Patriots Broncos game in the regular seasons there were so many terrible fucking calls, missed calls, and a phantom holding on chung in the endzone that gave them the lead. However Denver's D was so dominant during the postseason and regulalr season that it was clear they were going to win regardless. Just that one game was very poorly reffed.
>>
>>68720679

The only thing he was #1 in this year was interceptions, and all anyone will remember of this Super Bowl is how Broken Old Man Manning got carried by an incredibly elite defense to a "courtesy" walk-off ring. Unlike Lebron or Crosby, his involvement had 0 impact on the game at hand
>>
>>68720739

I see you started watching the NFL two seasons ago and have had fun posting in /NFL/ and looking up stats and players. Anyone who denies how good Manning was is just deluding themselves. No one had ever seen a season in history like the one in 2004, and then he comes back as an old man and has an even better one in 2013.
>>
>>68720548
You forgot Keylor Navas
>>
Peyton's team completely carried him the past 2 seasons
>stunk up the place all year
>stunk up the playoffs
>stunk up the Owl
>the defense was just too damn good to lose
B..BUT MUH REGULAR SEASON STATS
>>
>>68720794
Back to r/nfl you fucking idiot. Manning is the most overrated athlete of the past 20 years.

He's like Curry, relies on teammates, puts up godly numbers in regular season, dissappears in playoffs, etc...
>>
>>68720829
That's your opinion, and you're allowed it, however it is completely wrong.
Like I said, anyone who denies Manning's greatness is just deluding themselves because they just don't like him, and it's fine if you don't. Nothing you do or say can change the things he's done and the lasting legacy he's left in the NFL.
>h-he's curry!
You're just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>68720794
No, I've been a redskins fan since 2005. Payton is over rated by virtue of playing his entire career with one coordinator, Marvin "I kill people" Harrison and Reggie "oh ya I'm secretly awesome" Wayne. Of Brady had either of those two for 5 years he'd be the undisputed goat.

>b-but muh gronk
Ya Dallas Clarke wasn't too shabby himself in his prime.
>>
>crosby

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaaahahahaahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>68720915
This is always a shitty argument and I always cringe whenever I see someone using it, it's not just a great receiver, it's a great quarterback as well. What makes you think those guys would have put up those same numbers with another QB? A great example: Greg Jennings, a legit all pro and number 1 wide receiver had tons of great seasons. Once he wasn't with Aaron Rodgers? Trash. This kind of thing happens all too often. A receiver is only as good as the guy who is throwing him the damn ball.

Antonio Brown disappeared last year when Roethlisberger was down. A guy who is considered to be the best and most dominant receiver in football for good reason straight up vanished. Really think about that
>>
>>68720725
this
>>
>>68720980
You're straw manning pretty hard. My point is that Payton succeeded due to favorable circumstances and consistency, then flubbed it consistently in the playoffs because he just wasn't that good. Brady took spare parts and a discount Randy Moss to one of the best seasons on history.

A better question is whether Payton would have had success is he was taken in Leafs spot. My money's on no.
>>
File: sidney crosby pics 1.jpg (33 KB, 350x585) Image search: [Google]
sidney crosby pics 1.jpg
33 KB, 350x585
>>68720955
You know it's true
>>
>>68721033
Sidney Crosby: one of 3 star athletes I could beat in a fight.

The other two are Curry and eli manning.
>>
>>68721032
He flubbed in the playoffs because there were better teams in the AFC. Colts could never really sort out a championship defense in all their years and defense wins championships. The pats early teams completely dominated on the defensive side of the ball come playoff time and the steelers resurgence with the return of Lebeau made them a constant number 1 on defense. Has he legit choked sometimes? You fucking bet, most notably the 2009-10 super bowl. But it's completely unfair and wrong to write off his entire career because of playoff losses. He was just far too good for that to be the case. You can go down the list of losses and look at each situation and see what went wrong.
>>
>>68721065
Good thing they're not UFC fighters or boxers.

Fucking retard.
>>
Excellent bait thread

>>68720702

Who's better than Crosby from this past decade

>Toews
>Kane
>Ovechkin
>Stamkos

No one
>>
>>68721121
Doesn't change the fact he had Bob Sanders and Freeny in their primes and couldn't win. While defense wins championships, which excludes Manning's most recent, if others a life or death situation is pick Brady over Manning. If it was a fantasy season, either way you're in good shape so it's a coin flip. If I was a GM and wanted to pick a class act, I'd pick Manning.
>>
Who's winning in MLB? Kershaw?
>>
>>68721128

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX1r6fQjBq4
he's actually not that bad a fighter shockingly.
>>
>>68720548
i like it cause theyre all small markets
>>
>>68721253
I don't miss pissed off Crosby. The Pens used to fucking lose their shit when a team roughed them up a bit. Thank Lebron that Sullivan snapped them out of that.
>>
>Royals
>Pens
>Cavs

Rust belt cities hammering it recently
>>
ALL 3 TROPHIES WON IN THE BAY AREA BUT NONE FOR THE BAY TEAMS REEEEE
>>
>>68721362
damn I didn't even realize this was true. Kek,
>>
>>68721146
malkin
kessel
doughty
keith
luongo

crosby isn't above any of these 9
>>
>>68720548
how poetic the 2 biggest chokers in american sports both managed to win a title
>>
File: Pronger.jpg (46 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
Pronger.jpg
46 KB, 300x355
>>68721419
Lmao
>>
yes peyton is the best qb bar none
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.