[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sp/ think about disabled sports in general, and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
What does /sp/ think about disabled sports in general, and the Paralympics in particular?
>>
We only cater them because of leftists, no one watches them
>>
embarrassing
>>
It's nice that they exist but I don't watch them
>>
>>68719246
This
And this too >>68719304
>>
How do they work? I mean, not all disabilities are the same. Some dudes are pretty normal besides not having a leg and theres the fucking retards. Do they compete against each other or something?
>inb4 this post ends in 70
>>
>>68719246

It's funny cause other cripples actually whine about them because it makes them look bad for being fat and useless.
>>
File: dutch athletes.jpg (196 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
dutch athletes.jpg
196 KB, 1024x683
>>68719304
You should, the Netherlands absolutely own women's wheelchair tennis, though less so after Esther Vergeer retired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYu6G5QOw4
>>68719328
Different classifications.
https://www.paralympic.org/classification
>>
>>68719246
The special Olympics are even worse desu

I like that Paralympic sport with the blind people and the noisy ball
>>
They're fucking ridiculous and stupid. We don't hold chess tournaments for people with down syndrome, so why we should hold ones for disabled or wheel chaired fellas
>>
>>68719372
who?
seriously who???
>>
File: esther-vergeer.jpg (710 KB, 1440x2164) Image search: [Google]
esther-vergeer.jpg
710 KB, 1440x2164
>>68722417
>>
>>68722437
i would fuck her
>>
File: kelly-cartwright-445191.jpg (26 KB, 300x492) Image search: [Google]
kelly-cartwright-445191.jpg
26 KB, 300x492
QT'S
T
'
S
>>
Wheelchair rugby is the ultimate meme sport

Otherwise who gives a shit lol
>>
>>68719228
most of it is really fascinating, but boring at the same time
>>
I like watching them desu. Though in some of the events it seems like they're determined to make themselves more disabled.
>>
>>68719228
I've like football or basketball I think? In wheelchairs, these heavy ass dudes with arms like tree trunks ramming their wheelchairs into each fighting over the ball

They all looked like ex-marines or some shit, they were huge and the game was violent

Watching those wheelchairs slam into each other was watching that old show with the remote robots fighting each other
>>
>>68719228
Sports are supposed to showcase peak human condition. That's the entire point. Disabled sports are weird when you think about it. Of course no one should stand in their way if they want to take part in sports, but in this country they get a lot of attention and are bestowed with terms like "superhumans" which is silly and condescending. I think it's because, as a society, we have started to treat weakness as strength; a person with a disability is automatically "brave" ect.
>>
>>68719246
>no one watches them
Lots of people watched the 2012 paralympics
>>
Wheelchair basketball is cool
>>
>>68719228
I think they're a fine and pleasant activity.
As long as they're not financed with my tax money, in which case they're decadent and abhorrent.
>>
I think you're weird, Norway
Seek help
>>
>>68723014
Seek help for what?
>>
Some are talented, it's impressive. I don't blame disabled people for playing sports... Sometimes it can be entering just to see the athleticism required. Especially shit like sled hockey, i have never heard of wheelchair tennis but i need to youtube it now to see how the fuck they even get to the ball fast enough.
>>68719417
>the special Olympics are even worse
IDk man, the fifa worldcup is like the most watched sporting event in the world.
>>
>>68723320
>how the fuck they even get to the ball fast enough.
They're allowed two bounces.
>>
>>68719228
>>68719228

I don't actively watch it but from what I've seen they're pretty impressive and inspiring considering their condition.

I can respect that more than any fatass neckbeard on 4chan yelling 6'5 lardass master race.

I'm happy they have they're able to showcase their own talents this way. Just don't shove them down other people's throats adn it's all good.
>>
>>68719228
Why dont these wheelchair sports use motorized wheelchairs? That would be much more fun desu since it would add sort of a racing flair to them
>>
>>68723360
Because then it wouldn't be a sport. It would just be a bizarre twist on turn left.
>>
>>68722457

she wouldn't be able to feel you fuck her even if her legs worked
>>
File: 12435672432.jpg (27 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
12435672432.jpg
27 KB, 500x299
>what do I think
>>
>>68719228
I think they are disabled
>>
>>68719228
>We only cater them because of leftists

>Conservatives don't care about disabled people lol!

Nice meme
>>
File: 1428371692837.png (322 KB, 473x452) Image search: [Google]
1428371692837.png
322 KB, 473x452
>>68722856
>tfw you'll never be an American Speedster

why even bother waking up?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.