[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's settle this once and for all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: lebron-james-vs-michael-jordan.jpg (80 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
lebron-james-vs-michael-jordan.jpg
80 KB, 620x350
let's settle this once and for all
>>
MJ was a better scorer and defender, but by a very slim margin. LeGod is a better rebounder and playmaker.

Tough call desu.
>>
>>68713925
apples and oranges. Jordan accomplished more, at least so far
>>
>>68713832
6-0 > 3-4
>>
i grew up watching lebron, not jordan

so i don't know

i'm 21, i never got to experience jordan
>>
Modern NBA>"Old-school" NBA

LeBron is better in every aspect.
>>
Charles Barkley was better than both.
>>
lebron sits too many games out the god played all of them
>>
File: MJLaughs.jpg (50 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
MJLaughs.jpg
50 KB, 400x600
>6-0

>3-4
>>
>>68713832
Jordan right now but if LeBron can get to 4 or 5 rings he gets the edge for finally bringing a title to the shitty of Cleveland
>>
>>68713832
Jordan
>>
Lebron beat literally the best team in NBA history.
>>
Jordan has the threepeats and the game winning shots

Lebron might be a better player in a vacuum, but Jordan will always be seen as the better player by the public
>>
how many 70 win teams did jordan beat?
>>
>>68713966
>accomplished more
Has little to do with player ability, more to do with the help he got and the era he played in. If we're talking about player ability James is clearly better overall
>>
>>68713925
Jordan was a car superior scorer to Lebron. The fact that Lebron is such a streaky shooter kills this argument.

Also Lebron has a career average of 7 assists a game. Jordan has 6 per game. That is marginal. Also while being 2 inches taller and 30+ lbs heavier, Lebron only averages 1 more rebound then Jordan.
Anyone who actually saw Jordan knows he is better then Lebron. Like people have said, Lebron is a more athletic Magic Johnson. His game isn't really much like Jordan's.
>>
>>68715268
>implying LeGod hasn't just started a 3peat
Winning won for da land was such a huge weight on his back; he could just go off without that pressure
>>
>Once and for all
>Every time Jordan comes up on top
>A few days later
>OKAY GUYS NOOOOW LET'S SETTLE IT
>>
>>68715241
>best team in history
>meme chucking team whose unsustainably high 3-PT shooting regressed to the meme at the end

Lol
>>
>>68715180
agreed desu, james basically coasted to the finals
>>
File: IMG_3082.png (148 KB, 487x487) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3082.png
148 KB, 487x487
Jordan is a legit killer (see his hall of fame speech).

He hated EVERYONE. and that transcended his sport. He wanted to kill you on and off the court. Kill your whole family.

And yes, his attitude and gambling habits probly DID get his dad KILLED.

but Jordan was another species. glad i grew up in chicago watching him.
>>
>>68713832
Easily LeBron

in the 90's zone defense was illegal. so it was 1v1 all the time which allowed Jordan to score 36 ppg. Except if LeBron had a 1v1 matchup every time he would score 40 ppg.

The only person in the NBA who can even come close to stopping LeBron in a 1v1 matchup is Kawhi

Draymond is too fat to keep up with LeBron
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>68713832
6 > 3
>>
>>68713832
Lebron hasn't stopped other greats getting rings. MJ did.
>>
>>68713832

6-0 > 3-4

Also, in MJ's era, you could check defensively.

The league gave in to faggotry, and now if you breathe on the league star players, you can look forward to insta foul calls, fines and techs.

MJs era was tougher, and it was just as athletic as it is nowadays, perhaps even more so because you had to be able to take it as well as you give it out.

Props to Lebron, but we wouldn't be allowed to operate the way he does in MJs era. He'd get checked the fuck out, maybe even getting career-ending injuries if he kept driving through the paint.

MJ was a playoffs god, and an unstoppable force. MJ remains
>GOAT
>>
>>68713832
Still left to be played....
Lelbron is 31 and still has plenty of gas, by the time he's done the all time list will be as follows

1.MJ
2. Lelbron.
3.Wilt
4.Bird
5.Kareem
>>
>>68715149
>numbers all around worst
>Jordan played in an Era where teams were actually allowed to play defense
Try again.

>>68715241
>Warriors
>Not the poster boys for this weak era of basketball

No one that knows basketball called them the best team ever. They had a great regular season. Every all time great team basically said they would shit on the Warriors.

>Magic said it
>Shaq said it
>Pippen said it
And most critics and analysis.
>>
>>68715444
magic is better than bird
>>
>>68715442

Also, MJ retired for two years at the peak of his career. Something to consider.
>>
Hey guys, you're going to think I'm shitting you, I'm not.

Prior to tonight, I thought Lebron had won 5 NBA championships, I do not know where I got this information from, or why I never bothered to look it up.

Anyway, I was rooting for the Warriors, extremely reluctantly, not really, solely because I didn't want Lebron to win a 6th and be considered as great as MJ, I just couldn't handle it.

That being said, I was happy for him when he won and just sort of resigned myself to the fact that perhaps he is just as good if not better, hell at least he seems like a decent dude anyway.

I would say about 45 minutes ago was when I googled it to see when exactly he won all his trophies, and that's when I discovered this was only his 3rd.

His 3rd

His 3rd.

Anyway, I'm in a much better mood now and wished I had known this a lot sooner or I would have been rooting for them the whole series!

Anyway, enjoy whatever else it is you guys think is worth debating, I'm going to bed a happy man :)
>>
>>68715409
His own team mates and coaches hated Jordan. The guy was a true to life psychopath. All he cared about was winning.
>>
LeBron is objectively better. Jordan is a meme.
>>
>>68713832
After tonight, their level in my eyes. Jordan was great, but he never took a piece shit city who is known for losing to a championship.
>>
>>68715528
mandela effect. Lebron won his 5 before tonight in my universe
>>
Could Lebron stop Malone and Stockton? Reggie Miller? Patrick Ewing and John Starks? The answer is no.
>>
LeGod's team was the only one to ever beat the Spurs in the finals. 2 of his finals losses were to said Spurs.

Tim/Tony/Manu Spurs>any of the Western conference teams the Bulls faced
>>
>>68715286
How many 70 win teams has Lebron been apart of?
>>
>>68715521
Bulls team was also broken up by management while winning titles. Jordan and the Bulls probably had 2 more title runs left in them. But the GM Krause hated Jackson and vise versa. And that tore the Bulls apart.
>>
>>68715609

Yes, easily.
>>
>>68713832

Jordan.
>>
>>68715594
You atheists and your logic, always something up your sleeve!
>>
>>68715565

No, he just had loyalty and a belief he could build a championship team around him.

After assembling the pieces, he three peated. Then he retired.

Then he came back again, and three peat again.

Lebron?
>I haven't got the pieces
>The decision
>Wait, I changed my mind, the pieces aren't here no more
>Da land

Nigga is crazy gifted, but if the criteria for greatness includes heart, MJ automatically wins because James has none.

>He sold it for lucre
>>
>>68715609
>John Starks

Has there ever been a bigger meme player in the history of the game?
>>
>>68715476
Physicality is great and all, but let's not put it in the same logic as actual defense. This is where the "muh old school ball" memers look retarded.

Handchecking was cancer and was one of the reason why the NBA seemed dull, excluding those few explosive players like Jordan.
>>
>>68715652
>Malone
He was a deadbeat and loser who got exposed along with his teammate shaq by Big Ben Wallace and Sheed
>>
>>68715340
>more athletic magic

or...*gasp* he's LEBRON?
>>
>>68713832
I still think Steph Curry is and will be better when it's all said and done.
Right now Jordan for sure though.
>>
No question
Lebron
>>
someone explain to me why we seem to gloss over the fact that MJ never won until he a) got Pippen and b) Bird/Magic/Kareem were either retired or definitely past their prime
>>
>>68715707
>Heart

After these last 3 games, how could you say Lebron has no heart? He pulled everything he had in him to win these games. 40+ points in back to back was only done by a very small pool of players.
>>
>>68715898
Because he won it 6 times against a pretty talented players and some are all time great like shaq and Ewing
>>
>>68713832
Jordan hands down he was and absolute savage on the court. He would have never taken his foot off the gas and let Irving or Wade take over he always took games over and put the outcome in HIS hands and came out EVERYTIME on top.
>>
People are really desperate for someone better than Jordan huh
>>
>>68715899

South Beach fans might think differently.

There is the heart of a champion - the will to win. Many people have it.

Then there's a heart of a fighter - the will to tough it out. Jordan's Bulls got fucked by the Celtics and the Pistons prior to the 3-peat.

Jordan never considered leaving, afaik. He stayed, because he was loyal and had the belief.

LeBron wanted to protect his historical "legacy", and the second he felt it was going to be threatened staying with the shitty Cavs, he went to South Beach. Then he came back again, when he (again) though history would judge him harshly for losing *another* NBA Finals.

If Irving bricked that shot, it could easily have been 2-5 for LeBron.

No, LeBron has the heart of a champion, but not the heart of a fighter. Learn the difference.
>>
Jordan had much better teams around him

Pippen>Wade
>>
its really close at this point. 93 finals Jordan averaged 41 fucking ppg along with his defense. Lebron almost averaged a triple double in this series which is incredible too. Still gotta give the edge to Jordan but Lebron ain't done. Another similar finals performance to this and I don't think they'll be any question.
>>
>>68715072
I agree Jordan is better

but at the same time 3-4 means 7 finals appearances, 1 more than jordan.

I think we can all assume LeBron has a decent chance to at least compete for another 2-3 titles in his career so if he ends up 5-5 that's arguable in this debate

the 6 finals mvp awards are what cement Jordan for me
>>
>>68715775
This is bait or a retarded poster
>>
>>68713832
Michael, because he's a midrange god and better all around scorer. slightly better defender. Lebron is the better passer. everything else is probably equal.
>>
>>68716362
this.

What did Jordan do before Pippen and Rodman? Lose in the first round of the playoffs for five straight years.

Lebron just beat the greatest regular season team of all time, leading all players in AST, REB, PTS, BLK, and STL.
>>
>quitting cause muh dad died and he wanted me to play baseball

Wew. LeBron will surpass Jordan. He's not there yet, but he will be.
>>
>>68716506

Averaging a triple double is way more impressive than averaging 40ppg, not to mention he lead everyone, on his own team and everyone on the greatest regular season team ever, in the 5 (five) main statistical categories of his sport.

This is the GOAT finals performance. No question.
>>
GOAT Official Rankings:

1) Wilt
2) MJ
3) Kareem
4) LeBron
>>
File: 1446742789914.jpg (277 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446742789914.jpg
277 KB, 1480x1080
>>68716506

And yet, Jordan never left the Windy City.

If LeBron lost, it was 50/50 whether he would stay.

Golden State is predicated on 1 premise: we can shoot from anywhere and hit with high percentage - guard us if you can.

The second the blowtorch was applied, they got burned, putting up pitiful numbers.

I take nothing away from the incredible comeback by James and his Cavs - coming back 3-1 down has never been done before, and it'll probably be a *long* time before it gets done again.

But Jordan is better than LeBron. Statistically too, if yo uwant to take it to the extreme.
>>
>>68716638
>wilt
>blows the fuck out of poor lil white bois
>cant do it to another black man, bill rusell
>>
Jordan became the best in a time in which he has to face players like Magic, Bird, Isiah Thomas, Drexler, Barkley, Wilkins, Ewing, David Robinson, Hakeem, Mutombo, Reggie Miller, etc etc.

Has Lebron towered over that same caliber of talent?
>>
>>68716638
this ranking gave me AIDS

Speaking of AIDS, Magic should be in the top 5 no excuses
>>
>>68716858

Duncan, Dirk, Kobe, Garnett, Pierce, Wade, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Kawhi, etc. etc.

Yes.
>>
>>68716858
>Kobe, Shaw, Curry, Duncan, Durant, Dirk, etc etc.

Yes
>>
>>68716858
Wade, Curry, Westbrook, Durant, DUNCAN, Howard, Paul, Kobe, Garnett? All of those guys are HoF
>>
>>68716985

Lebron is 1-2 with a 5-11 record against Duncan in the finals so he didnt really tower over him.
>>
>>68716858
No, he just beat the most over rated mvp in league history.
>>
>>68717040
>howard
otherwise I agree
>>
>>68716985
>>68717028
>>68717040
but Lebron has not sweeped in the finals against the talent he faced
>>
>>68717028
>cross board trip fagging
Fucking Mexicans
>>
lerbron is basically jordan and pippen rolled into one player
>>
>>68716858
>KD and Westbrook
>Celtics Big Three
>Steph, Klay, Draymond
>Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Leonard
>Melo
>the rest (Harden, CP3, Davis, etc.)

I'd say its even in regards to different high caliber players Jordan and Lebron played against
>>
>>68717086
Howard is at least comparable to fucking Patrick Ewing.
>>
>>68717092
MULTI BOARD DRIFTING
>>
>>68715437
Last time I checked, Durant still doesn't have a ring.
>>
>>68717112
>Dwight Howard
>even in the same sentence as Patrick Ewing

Dude!....
>>
>>68717112
Like most younger people who didn't watch him play regularly, you're underrating Ewing.
>>
>>68717112
no he isn't what the fuck
>>
>>68716985
>>68717028
>>68717040

Duncan made Lebron his bitch in the finals. It's one of the reasons people hype Duncan > Kobe.
>>
>>68716985
>>68717028
>>68717040
>>68717099
But Lebron didn't got 70+ wins against that talent.
The fact that literally light skin niggas shooting from afar got 70 wins shows the talent isn't really that good
>>
>>68717112
Howard is a bitch nigga
>>
Did Jordan ever beat the team with the record for most regular season wins of all time in the Finals? Because LeBron just did.
>>
>>68717215
Jordan also had much better talent around him than LeBron
>>
>>68717112

Just because Hakeem outplayed Ewing in the finals doesnt give you good reason to even put Dwight Howard in the same sentence as Ewing.
>>
>>68715072
pretty sure jordan was 0-7 in the eastern conference playoffs in his first 7 seasons.
>>
>>68717279
This is factually false
>>
>>68717356
he also had the greatest coach of all time.
>>
Lebron is great but MJ is the greatest sportsman of all time. No contest
>>
>>68715318
lbj got more help and plays in a weaker league
>>
>>68717356

Perspective, IMO.

>LeBron / Irving / Love
vs
>Jordan / Pippen / Grant
>Jordan / Pippen / Rodman

Jordan's team is better simply because Rodman & Grant were role players - intimidators and rebounders.

Kevin Love is a scorer and a rebounder, but mostly offensively minded. The Cavs don't need Kevin Love - he doesn't make them a strong team; he just gives them another offensive option.

If they get a different player, who is more of a pure role player, Cavs suddenly become a very well rounded team. ATM, they can be exposed if you apply hard defense.

James / Irving < Jordan / Pippen

Both pairs are good, but no way would you say Irving can hang with Pippen. Ignoring the fact that we shouldn't compare players who play different positions. People forget what an absolute monster Pippen was.
>>
>>68715613
>lebron is undefeated in playoffs against 70+ win team. Jordan went 0-7 against <70 eastern scrubs in the playoffs

Checkmate.
>>
>>68717434
>aussie flag

>not saying don bradman is the greatest sportsman of all time
>>
>>68716858
>i started to watch nba in the 90's to this is the best NBA era : ))))))
>>
>>68715511
Magic admitted Bird was better on Letterman and in his book. There's about 3 whole chapters about why Bird was the better player and how 5 champs vs 3 champs didn't take anything away from Larry Joe.
>>
>>68717158
That's due to the basedgods curse, not lebron
>>
>>68717524
funny how jordan fans seem to forget jordan LOST in the eastern conference playoffs 7 times. If he had won some of those he would've lost to those laker teams and have a finals record like lebron.
>>
>>68717497
>see flag
>non American participating in an American sport discussion.

:>bbut muh Delly
>>
>>68713832
Jordan but Lebron is a close second
>>
>>68717579

Magic was being magnanimous. Watch both play on YouTube, and make up your own mind.

So what if Bird won a fuckload of 3-point contests? The Lakers of that era were based as fuck.
>>
File: 1459408255837.jpg (140 KB, 709x747) Image search: [Google]
1459408255837.jpg
140 KB, 709x747
you faggots wan compare eras?

looks wut jordan did at age 40 on a shiity wizards team in a new era
multiple 40+ pt games with around .440 shooting

and never seen lebron pull crazy high iq shit like jordan in his prime
>>
>>68717531
>hitting a ball with a stick
>good
>>
>>68713832
No. lebron copies jordan so hard he can't even come up with his own number.

lebron isn't even better than kobe
>>
>>68716390
>Losing 4 is bigger than winning 6

Holy shit
Jordan's title wins NEVER went 7 games
>>
>>68713832
If MJ never left he legit could have won 8-10 rings legit and shredded just about every record in the book. Nobody in any major sport besides Grtezky dominated like he did. Also when it came time to clutch it he always put the team on his back and made it happen unlike lebron who always went to wade or irving when it really mattered instead of attacking.
>>
>>68717639

Couldn't give a fuck about Dellaroveramadovaloff.

My dead brother loved LeBron, and LeBron impressed me coming back from 3-1 this year.

Every year I laugh at LeBron, but I can't deny that he is the best player on the planet rn.

Also, I don't tend to watch NBA games anymore, but I caught the live stream on YT just before it got pulled by the NBA. Saw James get the block on the glass, and Irving nail the 3 in front of Curry. Immortal moments, feel chuffed I saw it happen live.
>>
File: image.png (311 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
image.png
311 KB, 670x377
>>68717688
Give me Bird.
>>
>>68713832
>lebron is a bigger boi
>bron got trip-dub in nba finals dont think jordan ever did
>bigbron has more 40 point or more games in playoffs
> leboi is best passer
>boibron is better rebounder
>he got one for DA LAND
>everyone is just nostalgic bout jordan
>>
>>68717757
he never beat a 70+ team in the finals either. The team he beat were not even that good.
>>
>>68717757
Jordan lost in the first round of the playoffs like 5 times, how many times has Lebrob?
>>
Honest question from someone who is not a big basketball fan. Where was Curry for like his first 5 years in the league. He wasnt even an all sta. Is he that much of a flash in the pan meme?
>>
>>68717827
There have been 2 70+ teams in NBA history, and Jordan was part of one how is that even an argument
>>
>>68717911
Jordan never had to face a 70+ win team like Lebron did.
>>
Jordan is still #1, but Lebron finally earned the right to be called his heir to the throne.
>>
>>68717953
No because he was the 70+ team
>>
>>68717976
Chile btfo of this guy >>68717953 just like Mexico
>>
Ho wmany Olympic bronze medals does Jordan have?
>>
>>68717957
Wrong leboi is better
>>
>>68713832
Make a strawpoll faggot
>>
This is probably the most impressive thing Lebron has done in the NBA, but MJ was the better overall player. He was a better defender and overall a more consistent scorer plus he was unstoppable in the Finals.

Lebron is probably a better teammate. He just plays more selflessly than MJ, which is why the two aren't really comparable in a lot of ways. Lebron struggled a lot in his first couple Finals appearances and people will always criticize him for having to go to Miami to build a superteam, but MJ had Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, etc..

I'd say this win puts Lelbron right behind MJ, but I don't know that he will ever be able to surpass him. Also, MJ played in a significantly better Conference than James.
>Playing the Raptors, Hawks and that really mediocre Pacers team in the ECF last 3 years
It's not comparable to the teams MJ beat to make it to the Finals.
>>
>>68713832
Not even close.

Jordan.

All of you kids that didn't grow up woul Jordan don't know any better.

Jordan was undefeated in finals. LeBron had 2 stacked teams and is still 3-4 in finals.

LeBron is nothing compared to Jordan.
>>
File: Punished Lebron.png (527 KB, 547x547) Image search: [Google]
Punished Lebron.png
527 KB, 547x547
>Lebron led ALL 5 categories this series
MJ was the better scorer for the most part, I'll concede that. But there has never been a more complete package than Lebron James.
>>
>>68717830
Against Bird Celtics twice. The only other time was against the Bucks I believe his rookie season. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his rookie season....just sayian.
>>
>>68718121
Jordan was NEVER scared to drive to the rim and take physical abuse. NEVER.

LeBron is a bitch and pussy scared to drive to the rim.

Anyone watching this game knows LeBron is a pussy and how many times he passed rather than drive and finish the game. He didn't hit the 3 that gave them the lead, Irving did.

Irving is more alpha than LeBron when taking the last show.

Jordan was God at taking the last shot and driving to the rim carefree or his body.

LeBron will never be close to Jordan.
>>
Lebron:
3-4 in Finals
3 time mvp

Jordan:
6-0 in finals
6 time mvp

Done.
>>
>>68717245
What was that teams record in the playoffs against?
Warriors honestly shouldn't have gotten past the Thunder. They are the definition of regular season babies.
>>
>>68718249
>Jordan only went to the finals 6 times

You're right. That settles it. LeBron is the greatest of all time.
>>
>>68717957
Best post itt.
>>
Teams LeBron has defeated: Legendary Spurs team, Legendary warriors team, and arguably the most talented team of all time in the Thunder (3 top 5 players)

who did Jordan beat? some shitty expansion teams? lol
>>
>>68718121
Lebron has never lost in the first round and Jordan did multiple times.

I dont understand why jordan losing in the first/2nd round continuously is perceived as better than making it to the finals then losing
>>
>>68715476
What the fuck else are they going to say? Of course they're going to say they were better now that they're retired and don't have to actually prove anything. What a retarded argument.
>>
>>68718289
No, that just shows how shit the eastern conference is
>>
>>68717620
Now run down the list of those teams?
>Bad Boys Piston's 3 times
>Bird Celtics twice
>Shaq Magic after Jordan was retired for 2 years

So two of those teams are like the top 10 of best teams in nba history. Lebron lost to the fucking Howard lead Magic.
>>
>>68718317
Jordan just beat up on stockton and malone which is literally the poor mans version of westbrook and durant.
>>
>>68718249
>losing in the first round is better than losing in the finals
>>
>>68713832
Jordan
>>
>>68718249

I'm from Chicago and certainly think MJ is still quite a bit ahead, but I don't really understand the finals record argument.

Maybe the 4 finals losses were teams that had no business being in the finals in the first place and just getting there was an accomplishment (e.g. his first Cleveland finals team). Jordan had several years in a row getting to the playoffs with a pretty good team then not getting to the finals at all. Maybe the reason he's 6-0 in the finals is because by the time they finally got good enough to even reach the finals, they were already the best team in the league.
>>
>>68718330
Finals loses are worse than 1st rounds loses, sorry. It's always like that. A first round loss means you can be a shitty team. A finals loss means your team was good and the best player failed to seal the deal.

A finals loss is MUCH worse than a first couple seasons early playoff exit.
>>
>>68718330
Probably because it was early in his career and his team was total garbage his first few years in the league outside of him. Granted. Lebron's old Cavs weren't exactly great either.

I think it's a fair point, but I also think Jordan had stiffer competition back then in his conference than Lebron did.

Yeah, Lebron has plowed through the first three rounds of the playoffs for many years now, but look at the mediocre teams he's faced 90% of the time, especially the last 5-6 seasons.
>>
>>68718342
Magic said exactly how they would beat the Warriors, and funny enough the Cavs used the same method he said after they fell down 3-1. Shaq basically said no one on the Warriors could stop him.....which is fucking true.
>>
>>68718393
Is this what Jordan-fags actually believe?
>>
>>68718393
Do you really think the 2007 cavs were good?

It was literally lebron, mo williams, illgauskus and varejao.

Lebron had a godlike performance vs a great pistons team just to get to the finals.

If you think thats worse than jordan getting his shit pushed in the ROUND ONE you have down syndrome.
>>
>>68718362
Let me know when Durant is second all time in scoring and Westbrook is first in assets and steals. And they made it to 2 nba finals.
>>
>>68718402
MJ
Shaq
Kobe
Hakeem

Are all better than LeBron.
>>
>>68718436
Before Pippen got to Chicago, Jordan's second best player was fucking Orlando Woodridge. Yes MO Williams is better then him.
>>
>>68716912
No he shouldnt he is the ultimate meme player. Amazing court vision yes, but no defense at all. To be top5 you have to be amazing on both ends. At least bird wasnt ass on defense. And this is comibg from a negroid
>>
>>68718427
Losing the title is worst then a bad team losing in the playoffs early. Only a retard would think otherwise.
>>
I know this is bait but LeBron can be legit argued out of the top 10.

MJ is literally unanimous #1.

It's not even close.
>>
>>68718476
?
Jordan still didn't even make it to the finals once he got pippen.

They got shit pumped multiple times with jordan/pippen/rodman/grant.

And MJ was like mid 20s by then, not some young buck
>>
>>68718427
If you're a goat tier player a finals loss will always be held against you.

Finals loses make or break how people are thought off after they retire. Everyone remembers Montana because he was undefeated in the super bowl.

If you lose a finals as a goat tier player you're looked at as weak garbage that could not rise to the occasion and carry your tream.

If you make it to the finals that means your team is good enough for the finals.

If you lose at the finals that means you failed your team.

Jordan never failed his team in the finals.

LeBron is a joke in the finals. He got saved by Irving and Ray Allen.

A fucking joke.

He can't make the last shot or drive to the hoop for the go ahead points.

He's a choker that is saved by his teammates.

He'll never be the king.

He's a fraud.
>>
>>68718289
Jordan played 12 seasons.
This is Lebron's 13th season.
Jordan made it to more in less years. Mind you the 2 years Jordan took off after his father death. That was in the prime 9f his career, he was only 29 years old.
>>
>>68718114
jordan didnt play good teams in the finals thats why he was unstoppable.
>>
>>68715340
>streaky shooter
Who needs to shoot when you can FREIGHT TRAIN to the basket?

Shooting is for BITCH NIGGAS
>>
>>68715720

Curry
>>
>>68718550
>They got shit pumped multiple times with jordan/pippen/rodman/grant.

Are we cool with just making stuff up now? Christ, Canada. You're better than this.
>>
LeGOAT is best
>>
>>68718317
2 of his titles had 3 white starters. 1 of his titles was a poor mans LA clippers (seattle lob city) 1 title against a washed up magic johnson and 1 title against barkley and a bunch of role players.
>>
>>68715340
> Expansion League
> Couldnt beat Isiah Bird Magic in their primes
>7 first round exits without pippen
Remove the nostalgia glasses grandpa. Michael is the better scorer but LeBron is the better all around player.
>>
Kareem > All

You cannot dispute this.

Stay pleb, /sp/, We all know you're wrong about literally everything.
>>
>>68718550
>mid 20's
Happens when you played 3 years of college ball. He was like 22 years old when he came into the nba.
>Rodman
Jordan never lost once Rodman joined the Bulls....ever.
>didn't make the finals early
Missed when I said he also ran into 2 of the top 10 greatest teams in nba history, at their peaks? Lebron has never ran into anything close to the Bad Boys Piston's or Bird Celtics in the east. Best he had was the big 3 Celtics. Mind you those guys were past their prime when they joined forces. Other then that, exactly who did Lebron ever go through in the east that was worth a damn?
Bulls without Rose?
The Raptors..hahaha.
The Hawks with no real superstar?
>>
>>68718589
You never watched Jordan you piece of trash. Jordan was unstoppable because he was Jordan and he would never let anyone beat him. Period.

He made it the hard way. Every fucking time they needed points he drove to the rim, got hammered by big men (Ewing, Barkley, Oakley, etc) and finished.

Go to YouTube and watch clips of Jordan.

If you need 2 points you knew Jordan would get them.

If he had to drive through 3 big men he would still get them.

That's Jordsn.

LeBron is a physical beat but he never had the mentality of Jordan.

Nobody compares to Jodan.
>>
>>68718566
jordan failed his team 7 times in the east playoffs.
>>
jordan and lebron are two players who can will their teams to titles. jordan did it six times, and lebron did it three times so far
>>
>>68718652
>LeBron is the better all around player.

LeBron has one move. It's barge into the paint and draw a foul. He's a one trick pony that has always relied on hist athleticism.

The true greats actually improved their game over their careers.

He's a stretch top 10 and always will be.
>>
>>68718589
>knicks
>pistons
>heat
>magic
>pacers
are you retarded
>>
>>68718570
>>68718570
> muh lefteded jordaN
He was gonna get felt by Hakeem he was fucking scared of the rockets
>>
>>68718670
Ray Allen saved his ass against the Spurs.

Irving saved his ass tonight.

He's 3-4 in finals.

LeBron is no fucking Jordan and never will be.
>>
>>68718652
Every time some one brings up expansion teams I just say this. Check their records during Jordan years. And check teams like the 76ers,Lakers, Knicks during Lebron's years. Guarantee those expansion teams had better records. Teams tanking hard now these days. So much the league is looking into changing the draft to stop teams from doing it.
>>
>>68718669
Easy there Skip Bayless, your muh mentality arguments have blown me away!! Lmk when he beats a 73 win team and leads every statistical category on both sides. Pippen would guard their best players
>>
>>68718731

Tryharding this much.
>>
>>68718731
Mentality? Jordan has more PPG than LeBron. Jordan has more PPG in the playoffs than regular season.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>68718669
you never watched jordan live so shut the fuck up, go watch your youtubes highlights faggot.
>>
>>68718698
27 7 7 career
If it's one move how come they can't stop him? What about those elite dimes Thompson received and the clutch defense throughout? You can't fault him for his athleticism either.
>>
>>68718670
Lost 1 playoffs series after he won his first title. And that was the year he returned after taking 2 years off.
>>
>>68718708
>knicks
no titles
>pistons
had won 2 already and were on the slide
>heat
no titles
>magic
too young and choked when it mattered
>pacers
no titles
>>
>>68718723
Talent pool was far less deep is what I'm saying. James Harden averaging 29 can't make an all NBA team. League is more athletic and faster now, as are more sports over time.
>>
>>68718771
Yes I did you fucking cunt. I grew up watching Jordan. LeBron is a bitch compared to Jordan.

Jordan PPG playoffs career 33.4
LeBron PPG playoffs career 28
>>
>>68718776
Do you not watch Lebron play?
Lebron plays as they call it "bully ball". He is literally strong and faster then everyone who tries to stop him. Lebron even after 13 years in the nba, still is a below average shooter. He attacks the rim....that's pretty much 90% of his offensive game.
>>
>>68718776
He's boring.

Even a memechucking Steph Curry is more interesting.

Without Steph, the league would be losing viewers to the MLS at this point.
>>
>>68713832

Jordan > Kobe > Lebron
>>
>>68718771
>muh jordunn. You're lucky I'm a phonefag today or I'd type you a new one
>>
>>68718826
Harden is a chucker who can't play defense. A chucker who can't play defense just won 2 straight mvp's.
>>
>>68718767
You didn't say that. You brought up some anecdotal BS about how he'd "Get you there" or "would go through 3 guys if he had to".
>>
>>68718875
Averaged 30 ppg on 50/40/90 with 63% eFg. Just because he throws the ball like that doesn't make him a chucker. Give credit where it's due senpai, and I can't fucking stand the guy.
>>
>>68718846
>>68718846
Kobefagging in 2016 is just sad m8. Give it up its not 2010 anymore, the illusion is over. Anybody with sense knew Lebron has been better than him since like 2006.
>>
>>68718717
Amazing the 2 years Jordan was away from the nba, we're the only years Hakeem won titles. Jordan returns, and amazingly the Rockets can't win anymore. What happened? Bulls won 3 straight titles, besting the team that best the Rockets in the playoffs.
>>
>lebrick
>getting bailed out by kymeme irving
>even mentioned in the top 15

this board is literally terminal cancer
>>
>>68718815
You realize those teams don't have titles because they ran into the Bulls.
The Knicks,Blazers, Pacers,Suns and Jazz were all title caliber teams.
>>
>>68718927
Rockets peaked, they didn't even make the finals anymore, do your research Jordan literally said something like "I don't want to meet that fucking animal down there"
>>
>>68718834
Can't fault him for his athleticism. Getting to the rim is a high percentage shot
>>68718832
>Points are eveything. You came off a michael jordan playlist on youtube
>>
>>68718877
What makes a GOAT is that they deliver when they need to. Are you dumb or something? That's the defining characteristic of a GOAT.
>>
>>68718974
>canadians
>>
Jordan.

LeBron is physically strong, but he's got a glass jaw. If he tried driving like he does in the 90's he would have been punched in the face because the defense was far tougher. Prior to the "Malice in the Palace" (which was pretty tame compared to soccer or NHL riots) the NBA was basically the NFL without the pads. Bill Lambier was being far to kind to Lebron. He would raped him on the court.

Jordan had a great team, but only really later on. For the first few championships it was just him and Pipen. In 1991 he single handedly beat the shit out of the Bad Boy Pistons and Magic's Lakers, almost sweeping the later. Kerr, Rodman, and Kukoc didn't show up until much later.

And really, he would have 8 in a row had he not retired for those two years. Hell it would have been 10 had they not broken up the team. Even when the Rockets won those years he retired, everyone knew they weren't real championships, because Jordan wasn't there.

>>68718362
>John Stockton
>ALL TIME ASSIST AND STEALS LEADER
>poor mans Westrook

Face it. The level of talent of today isn't even close to what Jordan faced. LeBron beats stars and champions. Jordan humiliated and towered over legends.
>>
>>68718971
>Peaked
>took 7 games to beat Ewing Knicks
>Same knick team took 7 games to beat the Bulls minus Jordan

Wew,lad.
>>
>>68715143

Doesn't mean you can't go back and watch him.

And NOT just highlights. Full games/series.

I'm a tennis fan and I freaking hate idiots who think Nadal/Djokovic ushered in some new era of tennis. I spend my free time watching past matches on youtube, and I don't confine myself to recent years.

There is plenty of film to watch online, if you avoid just the highlights and objectively watch older stuff.
>>
>>68719004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Wzos4ttc4
>B-but LeBron can't take on contact
Jordan averaged a ton of FTAs buddy let's not compare the NBA to the NFL in terms of physicality, especially with how much star treatment MJ got.
>>
>>68718931
Why terminal?
>>
File: 1461388668534.jpg (150 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
1461388668534.jpg
150 KB, 852x1041
>>68715382

>regressed to the meme
>>
>>68719004
Gary Payton used to rape John Stockton offensively and defensively, Westbrook would drop 35 on him every game
>>
Haha... All these newfags taking the bait.

Kobe literally shits on LeBron and he's 6-7 spots off MJ.

Any knowledgeable basketball fan realized this years ago. LeBron's game plateaued in high school.

He's literally Shaw the guard.
>>
File: 1466365183569.jpg (140 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466365183569.jpg
140 KB, 768x1024
>>68713832
Can LeBron play baseball and golf? no. Jordan GOAT.
>>
i like lebron, but are we forgetting that he had
>wade
>bosh
>irving
>love
on his teams?

>jordan
>pippen
>longley?
>kukoc?
>p. jackson?
>harper?
>>
now that steph and Kobe are btfo we have fags crying "muh jordunn" and digging up his dead body. I bet skip bayless faggot ass made this thread while hugging his Jordan pillow
>>
>>68715241
this
>>
>>68719041
Every moneymaker gets star treatment. LeBron is the only one who is famous for flopping.
>>
>>68719072
Literally bait
>>
>>68719071
This. Westbrook would run circles around Stockton. Watch some of his highlights lol. Face it geezers, the league is more athletic.
>>68719072
lmao not taking the bait
>>
>>68719105
>literally you(You)
>>
>>68718925
>>
>>68719071
After he's chucked 75 shots.
>>
File: 1414064134724.png (609 KB, 720x721) Image search: [Google]
1414064134724.png
609 KB, 720x721
>>68718669

Someone mentioned this in the thread, but LeBron is not clutch, he's like a brain. Jordan is a terminator.

LeBron probably overthinks this shit, which is why he's constantly making up his mind: do I be The Man and take The Shot, or do I look for someone else to take the shot who is in a prime position?

Jordan was just a savage.
>Get me the fucking ball, get on my fucking back!

IIRC, the script only deviated one time: he correctly guessed that he'd be double/triple teamed when the ball came back in with 28 seconds left in Game 6 of the '97 Finals vs the Jazz.

So, Jackson designed the play so that Kerr would take the shot. Jordan would pull Stockton and Kerr would get an easy look.

>Well, easy in terms of the biggest shot you'll ever take in your life

I mean, who the fuck could have predicted Kerr getting the money shot in the death? Huge gamble, huge rewards.

Also, LeBron looks up to Jordan as the GOAT, but I think he models his play far more on Oscar Robertson; pretty sure he even says as much in past interviews.

At this stage of the MJ vs. LeBron debate, I'm finally at a point where I'm not dismissive of LeBron arguments. I still think MJ has the edge.
>>
>>68719121
All while turning the ball over 13 times a game. Players back then actually had this thing called "basketball IQ". Something Westbrook lacks.
>>
>>68719121
>lmao not taking the bait
>gets BTFO for the 182nd time
>"bait"
>canacuckians

stick to your meme icefight, Brayden
>>
>>68719131
>>68719131
>>68719131
Now post Robert Horrys 7 rings
>>
>>68719156
>Muh era
>Everything was better
Tell me more about the great war
>>68719164
The dude said LeBron's game peaked in high school, how is that not bait lol.
>>
>>68719094
LeBron beat a meme 3 point shooing team.

What I hate about LeBron is that he is SCARED to take contact and drive to the rim.

Jordan WANTED contact and always wanted to drive to the rim.

LeBron always passes in the last minute.

Jordan always wanted the ball in the last minute.

It's not a coincidence that a defining shot is Jordan's last second shoot against Utah.

It's also not a coincidence that LeBrons defining shot is aRay Allen 3 from the corner.

Jordan is GOAT.

LeBron isn't even top 10.
>>
>>68719219
CHAD eats PIZZA and fucks STACY .
>this is what you sound like
>>
>>68719071
Payton would fucking rape Westbrook. People honestly think the Glove wouldn't turn the already turnover machine Westbrook even more into one?
>>
>>68719217
>The dude said LeBron's game peaked in high school, how is that not bait lol.

he's literally the same player.. just slightly slower and stronger

it's not hard
>>
>>68719240
Then why is LeBron 3-4 in Finals when he's physically the best basketball specimen ever?
>>
>>68719280
Autism, the post
>>
>>68719217
Are you saying Westbrick has an high basketball IQ?
Because he clearly doesn't. Stockton got by because he was smart and crafty. Hell, Chris Paul basically plays like Stockton today. Not super fast or explosive, but smart and crafty. Amazing he fairs pretty well in today's nba.
>>
>>68719244
What does that have to do with Westbrook lighting up Stockton?
>>
>>68719219
Bait
>>
Jordan never beat bird in the playoffs and beat a washed up magic johnson.

Jordan had perfect timing to win those titles when there were no real great players and he was very lucky to ovoid the rockets in the mid 90's. Also timed his second retirement well as the spurs and lakers would've beaten him.
>>
>>68719307
Not really, but just because he doesn't have a particularly high basketball IQ doesn't mean you can go off spouting "back in my day" rhetoric. Makes you sound like a tard.
>>
>>68719131
3 of those are Shaq's
>>
>>68719366
>No great players in the 90's
>beat the shit out of Clyde Drexler
>was lucky to avoid Drexler's Houston team

my fucking sides
>>
>>68719366
>hakeem or Shaw weren't great
>>
>>68719338
Jordan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyL0FxS-F6E&t=20s

LeBron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6XsZVb-ZE&t=10

Enough said,
>>
>>68715609
Easily. If he could chase down Iggy and Steph, Stockton would shit himself if he entered the paint.
>Starks and Ewing
lmao did dis dude just did dis
>>
07 spurs, 14 spurs and 15 warriors were better teams than any jordan faced in the finals
>>
>>68719366
>No great players
>Miller
>Ewing
>Shaq
>Drexler
>Barkley
>Malone and Stockton

Literally all of them in the top 50 of best nba players. Stop being stupid, anon.
>>
>>68719366
This is Grade-A Bait
>>
>>68719449
Tldw; Lebron is better than Jordan at everything except shooting
>>
>>68719460
toppest of jejs there, duncan
>>
>>68719485
DRIVING.

DRIVING TO THE RIM.

LeBron is a CHOKE at driving.

Jordan was GOAT at driving.
>>
You era fags are insufferable. Mih 6 tings muh 6 rings while you conveniently disregard Russell's 11. If we play your numbers game then here hold that 11>6 so stfu. Hell and while you faggots are still arguing throw in Horry's 7 for shits sake. Yes different teams but remember you said it's about rings so 7 is still more than 6
>>
>>68719449
I know this is such shitty bait but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZZasMfEMU
the Allen shot forced an OT which bron clutched, and a game 7 which he hit a dagger. I know you probably thought that it won the series, since you started watching the sport last week and have been on an MJ highlight reel.
>>
>>68719530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEO2-nD5_co
>>
Lebron is a better overall player

jordan was a better scorer.

Lebron was a better rebounder, defender and assists. Jordan was a ball hog while lebron gets others involved.
>>
File: 1451138260332.jpg (244 KB, 1900x1426) Image search: [Google]
1451138260332.jpg
244 KB, 1900x1426
Why do people keep comparing Lebron to MJ? He's more like magic than anyone. Kobe was the MJ knockoff
>>
>>68718353
the cavs second best player in 09 was Mo williams. Let that sink in.
>>
>>68719554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZqOTIbWDg

What are you and Stephen A gonna talk about tomorrow Skip?
>>
>>68719528
Pwned
>>
>>68719485
And defense.
And winning.
And general scoring.
>>
>>68719586
Skip's last show is tomorrow right? I heard he leaves because they didn't want to pay him more but he's gonna do his debate show. I guess he's gonna give credit where it's due then put down GSW saying his Spurs would've killed both teams this year.
>>
>>68719504
>>68719504
Driving in a league that had zone defense banned and only allowed man to man
>>
>>68719569
Nicely memed there.
>>
>>68719644
>Skip Giving credit to LeBron
He's insufferable and he'd rather die. He's been on Jordan's dick for so long it's annoying. The narrative tomorrow will be "Kyrie bailed him out, le frozen one!!1111".
>>
>>68719569
Jordan was a far better defender then Lebron. When has Lebron won defensive player of the year? Jordan also has more steals and even more blocks.

>Jordan was a ball hog
Average of just under 7 assists per game. Lebron averages 7 assists per game. Amazing for a ball hog they almost have the same average for assists.
>>
>>68719586
jordan could never do that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.