[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which team was more embarrassing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3
File: Regular season GOATs.png (129 KB, 747x447) Image search: [Google]
Regular season GOATs.png
129 KB, 747x447
Which team was more embarrassing?
>>
>>68711511
patriots are still the worst
>>
>>68711511
Pats forever.
>>
>>68711616
I don't remember the Patriots losing 2 of the final 3 games at home. They also have a championship since their "collapse"
>>
All of them
>>
73-9

That record doesn't even mean much. It's the fact that they went up THREE GAMES TO ONE and then LOST THE SERIES

IN THE FINALS

LOL
>>
>>68711841
and they lost at HOME COURT
>>
73-9 and losing while ahead 3-1
>>
Patriots were undefeated and lost to a 6th seed so I say them.

No one cares about basebore and warriors lost to the GOAT
>>
>>68711792
Pats was GOAT and undefeated and lost to Eli and literally who
Warriors still lost to a good team

Mariners never lead the Yankees in the ALCS so they didn't choke
>>
>18-1 ever not being the most embarrasing
>>
The Mariners team wasn't even that embarrassing, the Yankees had that bullshit post-9/11 jew magic
>>
Patriots were literally undefeated and had the best offense of all time. Some still say it was.
Randy Moss caught 23 TDS which won't be broken in the next 25 years.
Brady threw 50 TDs

They put up 14 against a fucking wildcard team after a season of winning by a margin of 20 points or more.

And their fans still try to blame it on the defense lmao
>>
>>68711511
seattle never won a ring ever
so seattle
>>
>>68711918
TWICE
>>
>>68712154
Their offense played like trash but they did put them in a position to win.
>>
>>68711792
they didn't collapse, that's the best part of the whole thing. they were supposed to win that game because they've been the best team in the league for the better part of a quarter century.

biggest. choke. ever.
>>
>>68711947
Warriors were GOAT (73-9) in a stacked conference, lost to lebron, kyrie, and nine other players who ranged from good at times to meh

They led 3-1. The lost THREE games in week when they lost NINE over six months. Two of those were at home.
>>
Did Curry ever pull something like Brady laughing at the "only 17 points" thing?
>>
>>68711792
Just like how no one remembers 19-0 cause brady choked to an autistic QB
>>
Nobody gives or gave a shit about the Mariners.
Warriors are pretty close especially with the fact that they were up 3-1 but..
The Patriots went against a shit team and a meh QB. That team was dominant on both sides plus they were probably cheating like the faggots that they are. Eli literally lucked himself into both superbowls. At least this cavs team has actual good players and one player who will be considered as the greatest to ever play.
>>
Seattle didn't even make the Championship game (thanks Yankees)
>>
>>68712325
Pretty much this. Brady and the rest of the offence gave them the lead with like 4 min to go
>>
>>68712325
Yeah man, I forgot NFL games is a first to 14 wins. Wow, Brady GOAT.

An insurmountable lead, 14 points!
>>
>>68711511
Seattle. They didn't even make the WS.
>>
>>68711511
Seattle didn't make it to the playoffs-- even if they did, the Diamondbacks still would have thrashed them. They had the best pitching combo baseball had seen for decades that year.
>>
>>68711511
Seattle wasn't even the only team to win 116 games and not win the series. The cusb lost to the who's in 1906
>>
>>68712480
>average points scored in the NFL that season was 21
>Pats defense gives up 17
>Record breaking offense that won by an average margin of 20 points
>puts up 14 points

And numale retarded shit for brains Pats fans blame it on the defense because God forbid Tom Brady didn't shit his pants in the biggest NFL game of all time
>>
>>68712593
>>68712577
>>68712731

Seattle's team wasn't even that crazy. They just magically carried career bests for an entire year which was completely unsustainable.
>>
>>68711511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg

18-0
Undefeated
Chance at immortality
Best team of all times
Best offense of all times
Best QB of all times
Best O-Line of all times
Best coach of all times

Playing against

Eli lol he's a bust
Strahan lol he's old
Coughlin lol he almost got fired
A bunch of bums and Plax
No Shock at TE
Some RBs who aren't Tiki

Going for it on 4th and 10 even though you didn't convert on more than 4th and 2 all season.

Defense celebrating like the game is over after Brady puts up the go ahead TD.

Dropping the game ending interception on the last drive.

The scramble to get away from like 5 guys who are holding him.

The Helmet Catch. Fucking one hand with the dirtiest player in the game jerking with all his might to break up the play.

1 or 2 more 4th down conversions. Including one where we all knew what the play was going to be.

Giving up the final TD

Failing 4 more times to unleash a dragon when it counts most.

Getting sacked on of those times.

Getting sacked and knocked down a shitload of times.

Scoring 14 points.
>>
>>68711511
1999 Jacksonville Jaguars
>>
>>68711511
Mariners, the other two won rings with core members of the team still there. The M's haven't even made the playoffs since the Yankees rekt them in 2001.
>>
File: 1387867043382.png (396 KB, 1594x697) Image search: [Google]
1387867043382.png
396 KB, 1594x697
>>68712885
>losing to the same team 3 times in 1 season

damn, I forgot about that because no one cares about the jasg
>>
18-1 because of the teams and it was one game.

7 game meme playoffs will never have the same impact. I mean Boston won like 4 games straight against the Yankees to comeback because they got hot, but nobody cares anymore.
>>
18-1 was more dramatic in terms of the stakes of the record

73-9 is overshadowed by Lebron and Da Land

No one expected shit out of the Mariners
>>
Pats, now and forever

At least with the Mariners, the Yankees were worthy of beating them. Same with the Warriors and the Cavs. But that Giants team had no business being the Pats, who had much more GOAT talk around them
>>
>>68712767
BTFO
>>
https://www.strawpoll.me/10532139
https://www.strawpoll.me/10532139
>>
>>68711511
it's the mariners

didn't even make it to the World Series
>>
The Warriors' choke is the greatest of all time though. I've compiled a list as to why no choke is bigger:

Best regular season record

statistically the greatest offense of all time

First unanimous MVP

3-1 lead in the Final which has never been blown before

Warriors went all season never losing 3 in a row then lost the most important 3 in a row.

Home court advantage

Greatest shooter of all time

At half they were +27 from three versus Cleveland. How you can have 9 more threes at half and lose is beyond my comprehension but I'm researching into it as we speak

The best back court in the league had to be guarded by one of the weakest defensive back courts in the league in JR and Kyrie
>>
7-1 is still the GOAT
>>
>>68711918
Lebron will get tooken out by a sniper
>>
>>68711511
Pats because they played against a #5 seed.
>>
Warriors

73-9 and up 3-1 with two games left at home and they don't win
>>
>>68711511
Still Boston.
>>
>Steph and Klay combined shot 33.33% and 25%3p 1-1FT 4 assists
what fucking jokes
>>
>>68713385
Its not even close to the same thing. The Cavs have LJ, who when all is said and done will be one of the top 5 players in NBA history, + Kyrie Irving.

Giants had fucking nobody.
>>
Realistically warriors but I think 18-1 still is more embarrassing. Only reason is because LeBron made the series his personal highlight reel after game 2. Shit was unreal.

Mariners aren't in this conversation.
>>
>>68713586
>Giants had fucking nobody.
Their defense was fucking elite with Hall of Famers
>>
>>68713400
this desu, i am so glad i was alive to watch brazil get their heads caved in at home in the semis

73-9 is still good though

>Best regular season all time
>Come back 3-1 against Thunder to win
>Lose 3-1 lead in finals
>Lose Game 7
>AT HOME COURT

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>68713586
>Strahan Tuck and Eli playing out of his mind are nobodies
>>
>nfl playoffs: 1 and done, you win the game or you go home
>nba you get 4 opportunities to take the series and advance
>warriors won 3 and only needed 1 more to be champs
>lose 3 in a row and give cavs the championship
ebin simply ebin
>>
Warriors by far, losing 3 in a row with 2 at home while up 3-1 is the worst that will ever happen
>>
Warriors just by how they lost

NFL you only get one game for a championship so that's understandable and the Mariners never made the World Series as sad as that season was for me to watch.
>>
Easily Warriors, because they lost to a Cleveland team :^)
>>
>>68713707
Eli was a nobody at that point with very mediocre stats with the only claim to fame being Peyton's brother.
>>
>>68711511

>Warriors
>Patriots
>0 rings
>>
>>68713775
By this logic the 2004 Yankees ALCS loss is bigger than all 3 of OPs posted teams.
>>
>>68711511
Patriots
>>
>>68711511
mariners are worst because they coudlnt even win the fucking pennant

warriors are second because the nba playoffs are supposed to prevent shit like this from happening. up until now being up 3-1 meant you were the better team and the series was over

pats are third because nfl play off teams only play each other once so fluky things can happen
>>
The 2004 ALCS.

But the Warriors being up 3-1 and losing out (NEVER happened before in an NBA finals) including TWO games at home after going 73-9 is a complete choke
>>
Pats seem worse because they were literally undefeated up until that point. 18-1 has a great sound to it and knowing that 1 loss was in the Championship just make it sound hilarious.
>>
Where the fuck is the 04 yankees?

2004 ALCS can't be beat
>>
>>68713707
Only Strahan you could count out of those 3 as actually good that year, and even he had a mediocre 2007.

You just can't compare that with facing the Cavs. Especially since the Pats put up 38 pts against the Gints just a few weeks before that game.
>>
>>68714166
they've won enough rings man nobody cares anymore
>>
>>68713775
so the 2004 yankees had the biggest choke ever, I agree
>>
>>68713972
you could certainly make the argument since that was against the hated rival Red Sox
>>
>>68712844
Yeah, you were basically matching up Garcia, Moyer, Sele vs Clemens, Pettite and Mussina who combined for like 900 career wins.
>>
>>68711511
Had the Warriors not struggled aganist the Thunder, their choke would be the worst
>>
>>68714234
the patriots have won rings too wtf kind of argument is that? Yankees have won 1 the decade plus after that. The Pats won more in that time frame so I dont get your logic

Yankees own the biggest choke in professional sports history, deal with it
>>
>>68714232
Tuck played really well in the Owl, as did the whole Giants DLine

Love was trash outside of this game, Kyrie and Lebron both played out of their minds compared to anyone on GS
>>
>73-9
>it was 3-1

Warriors.
>>
>>68711511
18-1 gave birth to /sp/ due to the unprecedented levels of shitposting on every board
>>
>>68711511
What softens the blow for the Warriors is they won a ring last year.

Obviously, the only way to settle the debate is the inevitable rematch of the rematch next year when its Warriors/Cavs again.

Best of 3 titles.
>>
>comparing a one and done championship to a best of 7

When is this meme going to end.
>>
>>68714234
The Yankees have won only once since then.

No team has ever choked a 3-0 series lead in baseball for good reason. It will never be forgotten.
>>
>>68711511
>No Boston/Philly 2010
>Boston up 3-0 in the series
>Boston up 3-0 in game 7
>lose
>>
Warriors collapse by far

Anybody that says Pats is a casual faggot
>>
>>68714313
red sox fan?

they have 27 rings ya know and won one 5 years later
>>
Toronto Maple Leafs. I don't think anything comes close.
>>
>>68714577
yeah but we are talking about the 21st century, im not bringing up old celtics rings

The yanks had the biggest choke man, 4 games is a lot different than 1 on a neutral field
>>
>>68714665
Which curse will last longer, Cubs or Leafs?
>>
>>68714665
>leaf
>only sport he/she/trans-it knows is ice puck
>>
>>68714485
>shit middle seed team loses to another shit middle seed team
>not the only 3-0 comeback in hockey
>Flyers don't win championship
>>
>People saying 18-1 isn't the biggest choke and greatest sporting moment of all time

Leave this board right now.
>>
>>68715419
It isn't and it's not. Brazil's loss vs Germany was bigger than 18-1. I know it was a fun meme but it's long over and been surpassed.
>>
>>68715514
Germany was elite. The Giants were 9-7 in the regular season and won on pure magic.
>>
>>68715563
>won in pure magic

That's why it wasn't a big choke compared to this or many other baseball series losses.
>>
>>68712593
uh Seattle lost in the ALCS, which is the playoffs.
>>
>>68715626
Patriots were up with less than 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter and an autistic man that happened to be a mediocre QB at the time led the opposing team to a game winning drive on a top notch defense. Sounds like choking to me.
>>
>>68715766
Most NFL points are scored in the 2 minute drive.
>>
>>68715842
18-1 is the greatest choke of all time and there is nothing you can tell me to change my mind.
>>
>>68715904
>lose 1 (one) semi-competitive game
>greatest choke

stfu
>>
>>68711943
yea but dolphins were undefeated no team had a better record than the warriors and the cheatriots didn't have 2 losses at home and unanimous mvp choking the playoffs away.
>>
>>68715563
Germany is elite but there's no excuse for embarassing yourself on an international stage in the biggest sporting tournament in the world, that you're hosting, when you are one of the nations with the biggest football traditions in history
>>
>>68711943
>No one cares about basebore

No one cares about your opinion PU70
>>
>>68715904
That's because you're a meme machine.
>>
>>68716095
>implying a meme machine isn't the most powerful force on earth
>>
Toronto choking game 7 against the Bruins up 4-1 in the 3rd and losing in OT has to count for something
>>
>>68716095
Or maybe I'm just a New Yorker ignoring the 2004 Yankees.
>>
>>68715959
>Best record in history
>Undefeated and broke multiple records that have little to no chance of getting broken anywhere in the near future
>Most important game of the year that would secure the title of greatest team of all time if won
>Lose game in the final minutes to a wildcard team with a qb that probably won't even be in the hof

lol
>>
>>68716209
>greatest team of all time if won

Except people would still cry about muh spygate, so they'd be discounted anyway. Plus the Ravens would have beat them if their coach didn't call time out on a 4th where the pats were stopped. Romanticizing a meme is pretty pathetic desu, it's time to be real.
>>
>>68711511

The pats desu
>>
>>68716417
>It's not a choke cause muh possibly taped practice
>its not a choke because another team made a mistake once
>It's not a choke unless everything is exactly perfect

lmao
>>
>>68716587
>I can't understand basic arguments

Nobody said it's not a choke just not the biggest
>>
>>68716209
>Undefeated and broke multiple records that have little to no chance of getting broken anywhere in the near future
The TD record was literally broken just a few years later. Offensive records in the NFL will easily be broken with how cuck the game is going now.

>>68716587
Did the Greatest Show on Turf not choke to the 2001 Patriots?
>>
>>68714670
When I remember that series I don't really remember the Yankees falling apart. I remember Schilling striking guys out with his ankle spurting out blood for seven innings. It really just seemed like something shifted and Boston could not be denied. They had all this history behind them. That's the only time in my life I've ever rooted for the Red Sox. I don't consider myself a Yankees fan, but I do have a strong family connection to them because my uncle played for them 11 seasons, almost his whole MLB career. And I have a general sort of dislike for the Red Sox overall. But rooting against them in that 2004 series seemed somehow un-american.

That's how I'll remember this year too; as a historic win not a historic choke. I'm a lifelong Browns fan and I almost cried when Da Land finally got one, although I'm not die-hard for the Cavs like I am with the Browns it still feels really good to see the city get one.

the 2007 Giants had no such historic narrative. Everyone remembers that the Patriots lost, but hardly anyone cares that the Giants won.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.