[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Arsenal Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: don't forget him.jpg (1 MB, 2136x1523) Image search: [Google]
don't forget him.jpg
1 MB, 2136x1523
>>
File: no nit not.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
no nit not.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>vardy
>>
WONGA IN
>>
SPRAY IT
>>
File: ######uii.jpg (83 KB, 540x669) Image search: [Google]
######uii.jpg
83 KB, 540x669
who/WengerOUT/here
>>
5th for being an ABA is a bliss
>>
Xhaka is the signing that will win the league for us
>>
>>68695341
>TFW Casemiro was your GOAT before Zidane made him mainstream
Never going to be able to afford him next game ffs.
>>
>>68695482
I thought that was Cech?
>>
File: angry arsenal man.jpg (43 KB, 619x387) Image search: [Google]
angry arsenal man.jpg
43 KB, 619x387
"Chips" OUT
Stan OUT
Ivan OUT
Wenger OUT
Bould OUT
Primorac OUT
Welbeck OUT
Walcott OUT
Ramsey OUT
Oxlade-Chamberlain OUT
Debuchy OUT
Gabriel OUT
Mertesacker OUT
Ospina OUT
>>
>>68695512
Cech was a great signing but now we actually have midfielders that aren't shit which will only help
>>
>>68695450
More /Caraneedscreampiedbyanafricanwarrior/ tbqh with you
>>
>>68695558
>Cech was a great signing
>we actually have midfielders that aren't shit
I want AKB scum to leave.
>>
>>68695695
Who the hell did you want as keeper then?
>>
>arsecucks
>thought
>they
>had
>a
>chance
>>
>>68695750
Butland desu.

What difference has Cech actually made though? Playing him instead of Szczesny or Ospina has literally made no difference to the team. Defenders have still been shit, the goalkeeper has still made multiple errors, and there were still matches like the 4-0 loss to Southampton.
Cech is past his best and you fell for it.
>>
>6-0
>>
>>68695942
>9th place
>>
>>68695903
I honestly think that Ospina is great but he can't communicate with the back line at all. Cech gave us way more consistency than both of them though. And I honestly think he'll be even better this season because he's had time to get used to everything. Defenders being shit can't really be blamed on anyone because they have no one to blame but themselves. I mean Mertesacker has way too much experience to be as shit as he is and I'm not really a huge fan of Gabriel at all. But I do think Cech gives us more consistency and confidence, which is helpful. If our defenders got better, Cech would be noticeably better than both Ospina and Sczcesny
>>
WENGER IN
>>
File: Bobby_groan.jpg (74 KB, 801x553) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_groan.jpg
74 KB, 801x553
>people actually don't rate Cech
>>
That gif of Giroud and Xhaka hugging was pretty cute 2bh.
>>
j
w
>>
>>68696193
>Cech gave us way more consistency than both of them though
How? He was literally the same as Szczesny and Ospina. Made some good saves but also made a fair amount of mistakes. It's not like Szczesny has never won a Golden Glove either.

>But I do think Cech gives us more consistency and confidence
I feel like you're just saying stuff you heard someone else say. What has happened since Cech signed that makes you think the team has more confidence?

>If our defenders got better, Cech would be noticeably better
Don't you realise that this sounds stupid? Every keeper would look better with better defenders in front of him. Ospina and Szczensy too.
The reason people fell for the "Cech is world-class" meme was because he played behind what was the most solid back line in the league. Now that he doesn't have Terry to block every shot for him we've seen his true ability and he's not as great as people made him out to be when his signing was announced.

>>68696289
Feel like I should clarify that I'm not saying Cech is shit. I'm just saying he is not that great and is not world-class. Hardly an improvement over the keepers we already had.
>>
>>68696366
what gif
>>
>>68696399
JACK
WILSHERE
>>
File: 1453143095040.gif (386 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
1453143095040.gif
386 KB, 260x300
WILSHIT OUT IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS CUNT NICKING A LIVING AND CONTRIBUTING FUCK ALL TO THE CLUB
>>
>>68696651
>CONTRIBUTING FUCK ALL TO THE CLUB
>implying he didn't score the GOAT Arsenal goal
>>
>>68695750
Begovic would have been better and cheaper than cech.
>>
File: #####t#t#t#t##t#t#tt#t#t#t#.webm (2 MB, 442x800) Image search: [Google]
#####t#t#t#t##t#t#tt#t#t#t#.webm
2 MB, 442x800
https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/744648241703174144

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
>>
https://streamable.com/6qa3

Wenger says Arsenal will "try" sign "one or two" players
>>
>>68696826
When are we gonna get a striker
>>
>>68696826
Wenger says a lot of stuff
>>
>>68696817
Based Giroud. Xhaka only wanted a handshake but Brolivier gave him the hug straight away. You can see the exact moment when Xhaka fell in love.
>>
You now remember that Jack Wilshere has the number 10 jersey
>>
>>68696817
Here come the Giroud/Xhaka fanfictions
>>
>>68696938
You now remember William Gallas having it
>>
File: hue.jpg (41 KB, 478x258) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
41 KB, 478x258
>>68696967
>>
File: 1464447871382.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1464447871382.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>68696763
He also fucked up the Vardy deal and couldn't convince him to sign up
>>68696817
>mfw
>>
>>68696968
Have we seriously not had a good number 10 since Bergkamp?
>>
>>68696424
I guess you're right in the end. I just do think he was an improvement. And the reason I say he gives the team confidence is because instead of having an annoying little shit who smokes in the shower or a keeper that can barely speak to the players, we have a seasoned veteran that can actually be in a leadership position. That's why I think Cech was a good choice for now. But obviously we need someone who will be good for Arsenal long-term

I'm still kind of disappointed that we lost Fabianski desu. I liked him
>>
lel.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-new-boy-granit-xhaka-8233773
>>
you guys think Giroud made sweet and tender love to Xhaka after the match?

Poor Rodriguez was probably cucked by Giroud and now won't join
>>
>>68697041
Nope. Gallas took it so the next attacking player that would have wouldnt have to bear the weight that Bergkamp left
>>
>>68697041
Van Persie?
>>
>>68697140
If they end up being roommates or sit next to each other when they travel you know what happened
>>
>>68697171
RVP had like one good season at Arsenal and spent the rest of the time recovering from injury
>>
>>68697041
Jack Wilshere.
>>
>>68697132
Would be accurate if Xhaka scored a few bloots desu
>>
>>68697113
Fair enough. Still not sure about the confidence thing but things like that can be hard to gauge.
>>
>>68697330
The confidence thing partially comes from personal experience. I used to play as a defender and I remember feeling a lot less pressure when we had our keeper that I felt was more capable as opposed to the other keeper. Obviously I'm not a professional by any means but I do think that things like that do make a difference in morale no matter who you are
>>
>>68698207
That's why I'm not sure about it. It was supposed to be the way you say, but when Cech is making mistakes or getting caught out the same way on multiple occasions it's hardly confidence-inspiring.
If you think you have a top keeper behind you but then realise he's just as liable to make mistakes as the keepers before it could have the reverse effect,
>>
>>68698562
Yeah I get what you're saying. And it is hard to gauge what he adds in confidence. But I do think that the whole team was playing pretty poor for a while there and not just Cech, so I think there were a number of factors in play. But Cech definitely has more leadership ability than Ospina or Sczcesny

At the end of the day, though, I don't think a keeper is what Arsene was really searching for nor was it the most pressing issue. I think he saw a very successful keeper that wanted to leave his team, so he decided that it would be better if he was on our side as opposed to someone else's. And hopefully he's helping out Ospina and Martinez while he's at Arsenal
>>
who /lebron/ here?
>>
File: Young Curry.jpg (472 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Young Curry.jpg
472 KB, 2560x1920
>>68700281
fuck outta here Curry & Coquelin lightskin broship
>>
>>68700844
what a fuccboi
>>
>>68701002
he's the ultimate qt goat though
>>
>>68700281
Fuck off bitch. Dubs all the way.
>>
>>68700844
Coq would get along with Draymond Green better, a tough nig that plays great defense.
>>
>>68703662
>tfw Coq starts scoring bloots next season like how Green has been scoring 3s tonight
>>
>>68696826

>vardy counts as a try
>try to jew someone else

At least he tried.
>>
What ever happened to Crowley
>>
brace yourselves for the shitposting
>>
so fucking nervous, i hope i didnt waste my time staying up for this bullshit
>>
Keep /arse/ alive
>>
>>68706905
you better not be supporting GSW m8
>>
>>68707093
FUCK NO

I suck Lebron's dick everywhere he goes, Cleveland deserves this too
>>
>>68707297
Good lad.
>>
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
LEBRON IN
>>
>>68706523
He was on loan for the first half of last season but he's back with the U21s right now. He's still looking great at that level and he says he wants another loan, but fuck knows what's going to happen.
Wenger will probably leave him to rot while playing Ramsey every game.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.