[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated XI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: Overrated XI.png (414 KB, 479x649) Image search: [Google]
Overrated XI.png
414 KB, 479x649
Now that the poll is over... do you agree ?
>>
Switch bekenbauer with maldini, and throw pele in there too
>>
>no Pele
>>
Cristiano is only overrated by 15 year old Halal bandwagoners

Dani Alves is much better than Roberto Carlos and he's underrated when it comes to historical comparisons

Including Maldini has to be some bad joke (although there are people acting like he was some defensive god who never made a mistake in his life which is obviously bullshit)
>>
>>68683153
>Marcherano
>Maldini

How's Lehmann overrated? He was quite good, but nobody actually rates him
>>
Ahh yes, Michael Owen the winger and Beckham the CM. Very impressive.
>>
Whenever Beckham comes up in conversation everyone starts tripping over themselves to go on about how shit he was. He's underrated if anything these days.
>>
>>68683153
>>68683290
>Roberto Carlos here
>Dani alves is much better than Roberto Carlos

No coments
>>
>>68683335
He's overrated by non-football fans, underrated by football fans tbqhwyf
>>
>>68683153
Ramos singlehandedly won 2 fucking CL
>>
>>68683381
this
He's clutch
>>
>>68683355
Obviously, no one would be talking about Roberto Carlos right now if he hadn't scored a few meme goals.
>>
>>68683381
This. Ramos is what CR7 is supposed to be
>>
>Have to play 4-meme-meme even though 4-4-2 with Owen striker and Beckham winger wuld be far better
>>
>>68683290
>overrating le pass to Messi man

proving OP's point
>>
>>68683597
Except that half of his peak came at Sevilla
>>
>>68683153
>Maldini
>CB

South American """intellectuals"""
>>
>>68683153
>Maldini
>Roberto Carlos

How can Lehmann be overrated? I dont know anybody who actually rates him in the first place. Me and my buddies thought he's a joke even when he had his clean-shit record in 05/06 CL.

Gerrard was a great player that made some hilarious mistakes once every few years. He was actually better than Lampard though apart from that.

Beckham was actually UNDERRATED. So many people disliked him because of his fame and image, he was pretty much CR7 of that era. Because of that they didn't appreciate how good a player he was. He was was very, very good, he made a mistake leaving England for Spain though.
If you think he's overrated then you're wrong. Just because he was famous for selling thongs doesn't mean he was overrated as a player, I don't recall any fans or experts claiming he was a better player than he actually was.

Heres my XI

Peruzzi
Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Abidal
Emerson
Ballack
Cristiano Ronaldo
Rooney
Owen
Ibra
>>
>>68683650

Fucking hell m8, your having a nightmare
>>
>>68683153
Whoever made that team knows fuck all about football.
>>
>Mascherano
>Maldini

You having a fucking laugh mate

Also, as much as I hate to admit it, Alves is brilliant

Beckham is underrated too because people think he was a meme and don't rate him at all
>>
>>68683684

Why so many United players? Surely they proved their worth
>>
>>68683701
>your

British """intellectuals"""
>>
>>68683829
Ferdinand was a very good defender but I personally know some Utd fans who claimed he was as good as Nesta, and well, he wasn't.

Rooney is overrated because a lot of casual fans think he's some superstar legendary footballer. I don't think he fulfilled his potential, remember his debut againt Fenerbahce? In general during his early years he seemed like he'll develop into a monster striker, but he turned into a hard working support player. Good, but nothing more.

Ronaldo is overrated because he's almost completely useless apart from scoring and some people unironically consider him one of best players ever. He can't even lead his team againt Iceland and Austria when they need him. He doesn't work for the team, the team has to work for him.

Neville had strong personality, but in terms of skills he was mediocre.
>>
File: 1457442791297.jpg (11 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1457442791297.jpg
11 KB, 219x230
>>68683153
Where's Zidane?
>>
>>68683153
Absolutely appalling.
>>
>>68684053
>Ronaldo is overrated because he's almost completely useless apart from scoring
Did you even watch him in 2006-2011?
>>
>>68684122
I did, he was very good. But we cannot pretend that last 5 years didn't happen right? Again, he's overrated not because he's bad, but because some people consider him second-best player of all time which is an insult to this entire sport.

Also I forgot to mention van Basten. I was too young to watch him when he played but I've been watching a lot of old games for last 5-6 years and I don't see what's the big deal about that guy.
>>
agreed except for ibra essentially, not sure how a striker with so much impact at so many clubs for such a long time can be considered overrated.
maldini is also suspect here
>>
>>68683153
Mascherano, Maldini, Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Owen, Ibra and Ronaldo are not overrated. Many people here probably never even heard of Lehman.
>>
>>68684214
>so much impact
Yeah, ZERO impact in Champions League games.
>>
>>68684201
He was an incredible (and complete winger) in 06-11 an then one of the best goalscorers ever. He's obviously not the 2nd best player ever but I have never heard anyone consider him as such apart from young Real Madrid fans.

I'd say his career easily makes him top 15 of all time. If he had some better NT tournament performances he'd be a top 10 lock.

>>68684214
>not sure how a striker with so much impact at so many clubs for such a long time can be considered overrated.
His biggest impact was stopping Inter and Barcelona from winning the Champions League. The only club that was actually winning because of him was AC Milan, for the rest of his career he was just fortunate to land at the right club at the right time
>>
>No Pele

He is the most overrated player of all time. No other player comes close. Personally I blame baby boomers.
>>
>>68683684
>he was pretty much CR7 of that era.
But way worse an irregular.
>>
>>68684386
I meant in terms of image and how many people disliked him

As for Pele nobody here watched him play so it's funny to hear all those strong opinions
>>
>>68683153
>maldini
kys you fucking monkey.
>>
Mascherano is the best DM in the world

If you think Maldini is anything less than a top 5 defender ever you're clueless
>>
>>68684293
>>68684299
>he hasn't won the champions league so he's shit
he has over 50 goals in europe
>>
>>68683153
Kane, Alli and Rooney on the bench?
>>
>>68684454
it's not that he hasn't won it, Brazilian Ronaldo never won it and it doesn't change a thing

It's that he always disappears in big CL games. He played in some great teams, Capello's Juve, Inter, Barca and he not only did nothing to help them when they needed him, he actually actively sabotaged their play, he was so bad.
>>
>>68684482
Even if you only base them on their euro form, Alli has played very well so far. And if you think Kane is overrated because of 2 games then so are Muller, Ronaldo (but h-he is!), Alaba, Ozil and everyone in Belgium NT.
>>
File: overrated shit.png (226 KB, 359x509) Image search: [Google]
overrated shit.png
226 KB, 359x509
prove me wrong
>>
>>68683153
Mascherano is not highly rated in general so, if anything, he is underrated
>>
>>68684559
>Schmeichel

Shouldn't you be raping underage girls De Gea?
>>
>>68684454
Early stages are a joke and everyone knows it
see: Fāgńåldõ vs Mäłmö
>>
>>68684559
>scholes,terry, alaba overrated
>>
>>68684454
It's not about not winning it, it's about being comically useless in it and masking it by playing on bully teams for his entire career
>>
>>68684559

Overrated knowledge of football

1. Spain
>>
>>68684559
Pretty good, except for Scholes
>>
>>68684559
Why do you guys put Pele on the list when you literally never watched him play? Pretty much any opinion you can have is from few videos and accomplishments that make him look really good.
>>
>>68684528
>>68684618
i accept that he hasn't always been consistent and tends to have a poor mentality when the game isn't going his way
>>68684606
he raped milan while at ajax, arsenal while at milan, and more im probably forgetting
>>
>>68684609
>>68684644
scholes is very overrated thanks to delusional United fans who arre a lot
and Alaba looks like the overrated flavour of the month, they keep him playing roles he can't and he is even not that great at LB

>>68684671
it comes from how pushed he is from FIFA to be the all time best
>>
>>68684681
>2 games
wow
>>
>>68684671
That is exactly why he is overrated. Almost no one watched him play yet he is considered the best ever for all time.
>>
>>68684721
He is considered that because of all the accomplishments and those accomplishments are objective fact. Also what if he really WAS that good, then looking at your and spainbro's post he is actually underrated.
>>
>No Pele or Duncan Edwards

Also Ramos is clearly not overrated. Two Champions League titles in three years says otherwise.
>>
>>68684721
ive seen a lot of top old coaches and players who've watched him play say he was pretty much the messi-tier player of his era
>>
File: stevie cl.jpg (82 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
stevie cl.jpg
82 KB, 780x520
>>
File: Untitled.png (101 KB, 1637x826) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
101 KB, 1637x826
>>68684893
>tfw you look at the starting 11s of the teams in that game

i love memes so much
>>
File: stevie g.jpg (378 KB, 838x1123) Image search: [Google]
stevie g.jpg
378 KB, 838x1123
>>68685006
>>
>>68685006
>Bišćan
>Lovren

Liverpool sure knows how to pick Croatian defenders...
>>
don't forget de bruyne
>>
File: overrated poopoo.png (357 KB, 432x620) Image search: [Google]
overrated poopoo.png
357 KB, 432x620
>Neuer
LE sweeper meme. Can be very good but gets carried by Bayern defence.
>Lahm
Literally not spectacular in anyway. Smart player and is good. Not that great of an attacker or defender.
>Ramos
Defensive lapses constantly. (Turkey first minute lol). Is currently getting carried by fucking Pique. Only big because of his CL headers
>Ferdinand
Man United fans overrate him and they are the majority down here in London. (Pakis)
>Cole
Good, but not as good as people made him out to be
>Gerrard
Not even that great of a passer for a midfielder praised so highly. The slip. Should've moved to a relevant club.
>Scholes
Literal overrated shit this time. Angered me so much when he'd put in a legbreaking challenge, but it'd be brushed away because "scholes is a brave english lad". Good passer desu, but nowhere near the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Laudrup
>Zidane
Really fucking good...In about 1/10 matches. Really clutch player, but a lazy fucker when it came to less important ggames. Doesn't deserve the praise of being the GOAT. Iniesta is literally just a more consistent Zidane (Not recently though. Iniesta has also went down the shitter a bit, but that's due to age)
>Charlton
People never see him play. Baby boomers think everything they did was the best (even though football was horribly atrocious back then tactically and physically). All the old fucks say he was great when he'd probably be Oliver Norwood tier these days. Add Duncan Edwards to this. He died young, but people unironically say he's the best midfielder of all time. Like seriously fuck off.
>Pele
Same as Charlton. Could score against shitters in friendly matches, but was carried by some great teams for their times. Undoubtedly a great player and an all time great but little shits never seen him play but say he's the best. It'd be like me saying Meazza is the best.
>C.Ronaldo
The fact that he is compared with Messi annoys me. Great in 2008, but since his RM move has been cancer. Can't pass or dribble like Messi.
>>
File: NA6qElN.png (257 KB, 357x507) Image search: [Google]
NA6qElN.png
257 KB, 357x507
how about an underrated players lineup
>>
>>68685534
only Bonucci and in some sense Abidal are underrated there
>>
Casillas
>>
>>68684436
It's a sad day when Canada is right.
>>
You stupid hating retards, CR7 is GOD of football.
>>
>>68685534
Milito was fucking goat
>>
>>68684805

No it doesnt. Implying overrated players cant win trophies
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.