[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any of you burgers explain to a eurofag why everyone on /sp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Can any of you burgers explain to a eurofag why everyone on /sp/ hates GSW? Besides it just being a bandwaggon everyone seems to be hopping on. Same goes towards Steph Curry. I don't follow basketball so I have no clue
>>
File: 1465181604695.jpg (48 KB, 386x481) Image search: [Google]
1465181604695.jpg
48 KB, 386x481
>>68675030
>>
File: 1455944917843.jpg (152 KB, 892x501) Image search: [Google]
1455944917843.jpg
152 KB, 892x501
>>68675030
>>
In basketball, there's a line drawn far away from the rim. If you make a shot from behind that line, you get three points instead of just the two you would get from shooting inside of it.

Golden State figured out that it makes absolutely no sense to take long shots (field goals) from inside of that line. If they can't take it directly to the rim for an easy lay-up, they shoot a three instead. They do this a lot, and are historically good at making three point shots, to the point where they've dominated the NBA for the last two years.

This makes some people feel as though they're not actually quality basketball players and are just exploiting a dumb rule that was added as a marketing gimmick in the '70s. It also makes for extremely boring basketball as teams go up on each other by huge margins depending on whether Golden State is shooting well or not.
>>
Cuz curry is a trying too hard to be cool
>>
Its a team who is prematurely dubbed as the greatest team ever by the dickrislding media and that rubs people the wrong way.
>>
>>68675616
That's it? (Thanks for the rules, I kinda knew those was just wondering about why they hate them). Seems really nitpicky if that's the reason. Shooting a three pointer requires pretty good aim. Sure it might not be as exiting as passing through the other team's defense and dunking, but still that's not really their fault Steph is a good shooter. I thought it was some other reason why everyone hated them
>>
>>68675030
It's the most popular team right now so /sp/ hates it.
>>
>>68675030
Dirty players
Cocky attitude and demeanor.
Sports media over exposes, pushes, publicizes, etc. the team as a whole especially Steph Curry and his family in a manner that's too much or unnecessary.
>>
Because San Francisco is a metaphorical and literal shithole. Look it up, most instances of human shit in public places outside of India.
>>
>>68675798
Most of them are assholes, too. And people are already saying Steph is a top 10 all time player because he's had 2 good seasons. It's 50% the media's fault that everyone hates them.
>>
>>68675798
they're all good shooters not just steph. they've created an offensive strategy that is hard to defend because you can only hand-check in the paint now, you used to be able to do it anywhere on the court. they wouldn't be as accurate as they are if their opponents could play more physically.
>>
Because they're successful. That's literally it.
>>
>>68675030
Everyone hates success on this shitty board.

GS plays an exciting brand of basketball and has done wonders for the league's growth. Steph Curry is really the only globally relevant American athlete and is much more interesting(not saying better) than LeBron. Now that Kobe has retired, the NBA now has a new poster child for the league. /sp/ always hates the popular kid.

As far as their style of play, I'm not saying GS isn't without weaknesses. The game is constantly evolving and I'm sure someone will figure them out soon enough. At least it's a nice change from the iso-ball that's plagued the league since Jordan+.

Let's face it, LeBron may be a freak of nature but his game is boring as shit. He has one move: Bulldoze his way into the paint, while probably traveling and pushing off, and dunk. He's got nothing else.

Thank god for the Warriors bringing back shooting the basketball.

/sp/ is just mad.
>>
>>68675798
Pretty much. That anon nailed it.

Also, it's a question of hard work versus reward. Stephen can stand behind the line and make three shots, earning nine pts for his team. The opponent team must score at least five baskets in the paint to make 10 pts, beating Stephen's nine points. Four baskets isn't enough; that's just eight points. In the paint, it's also arguably harder to score since you're in the "belly of the beast" so to speak where your shot can be deflected or blocked. In addition, the ball can be stolen if you dribble incorrectly, don't pass efficiently or fuck up your layup and don't rebound. Finally, it's a more physical game in the paint. You're pushed/shoved, grabbed at, pulled, must pull off extraordinary physical feats, twist/turn layups, etc.

Stephen & co. can stand behind a line and spam 3s, earning more pts. One can argue that it is just as hard since you need accuracy, but I havent seen that point argued thoroughly. It's not so simple. Each time the dubs step on the court, basketball philosophies clash intensely.

It's experience versus education, old-but-works way versus new, innovative way, toughness versus softness, etc. It's more than just shooting 3s. Basketball philosophy is at stake. A whole new generation looking up to Curry/warriors could attempt to emulate that style, completely disregarding the fundamentals that make "good" basketball, well, "good." Way deeper than people think.
>>
>>68676820
>Let's face it, LeBron may be a freak of nature but his game is boring as shit. He has one move: Bulldoze his way into the paint, while probably traveling and pushing off, and dunk. He's got nothing else.

Flatout lie. LeBron's style is extremely diverse and he incorporates passing, 3s, layups, regular shots, etc. This is just bullshit. He may prefer getting physical, but it doesn't mean his game isn't diverse.
>>
>>68676949

I love posts like this.
>>
>>68676949
dont bother trying top explain to the yuros, if some divegrass fag was scoring multiple goals every game by blooting it from 40 yards away they would be just as butthurt
>>
>>68677479
A fucking leaf. No if someone was scoring from 40 yards away we would cheer that shit, because it's not everyday you shoot so accurately that you score from 40 yards. That was a pretty stupid comparison you made honestly
>>
>>68677083
>no jumpshot
>extremely basic post game
>weak handles
>extremely diverse style

Ok Brian Windhorst.
>>
>>68676949

Yeah it's so hard for Lebrown Stains to truck over people and dunk the fucking ball. After all, if they try to play any defense they get called for a foul.

Fuck off retards. Thank fucking god for Steph finally making the game be about, you know, putting the ball in the fucking basket, rather than being a giant ape running over people that just get punished for trying to do something about it.
>>
>>68677635
yeah but in this case it would be happening every day, that's why it annoys some people. he would score on your team from 40 yards away and he would do a shimmy right after and your butthole would clench up and you'd wanna punch him in the nose.
>>
>>68677825
It's soccer, so a brush on the shoulder would suffice.
>>
>>68676949
The Warriors do a lot more than just shoot 3s. Their game is basically a copy of the Spurs quick ball movement adapted to the exceptionnal shooters they have.

Besides, Miami was jacking 30 threes a game way before the Warriors were even relevant. They won in 2013 based on Allen, Battier and Mike MIller bailing James on every posession.
>>
>>68677825
Eh I mean I guess I understand what this whole thing is about them. Probably does get pretty boring when they don't change up the game. So is /sp/ all for LeBron or are they cheering just because they want him to bury the Warriors?
>>
Because their brand of basketball is, traditionally, a failure. Basically they are a new thing and new things are typically hated.
>>
>>68677083
He's a decent passer but his ability is overrated. Entire defenses are focused on stopping him and traditionally have been happy with LeBron feeding his supporting cast instead of punishing them himself.

He still hasn't developed a moving j and his outside shot is inconsistent.

He's basically a slightly less explosive but much stronger version of the player he was when he first came into the league.

The true greats all added elements to their game as their careers progressed. LeBron still falls back to his days on the playground blacktop where he was the biggest and most athletic kid on the court.
>>
Meme magic won't fail us tonight, will it?
>>
>>68677981
>being physically superior to your oppnent is a knock on his game

You realize basketball is a sport, dont you?
>>
>>68678317
>The true greats all added elements to their game as their careers progressed
>>
>>68678374
And lebron should be considered immeasurably greater than the greats, because he hasn't had to do that.
>>
>>68678493
Yeah, Shaq never had to refine his post game either.

There's no doubt LeBron is the greatest raw athlete to ever play in the NBA. He'll never be considered a top 5 basketball player though.
>>
>>68678493
none of the other greats left their home team to join up with 2 other top 5 draft picks from their draft class.
>>
>>68675616

This sounds alot like why Barcelona/Spain is hated b/c they "exploited" possesionball Tiki-Taka and dominated with it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.