[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Some group winners in Euro 2016 will play a 3rd-placed team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Euro2016.jpg (314 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Euro2016.jpg
314 KB, 1500x1000
>Some group winners in Euro 2016 will play a 3rd-placed team in the Round of 16
>Other group winners in Euro 2016 will play a runner-up in the Round of 16 for no reason other than because UEFA said so

How in the fuck is this possibly fair?
>>
Platini was a mistake
>>
>>68671800
eurocucks
>>
>>68671831
everyone expect Germany and England
they voted against
>>
>>68671800
Euros do not know how to properly seed a bracket, because they don't use a playoff system.
>>
round of 16 was a mistake
>>
>>68671866
>american "intellectuals"
>>
>>68671800
The expansion to 24 teams was a mistake.
>>
>>68671800

there won't be much of a difference between facing a 2nd or 3rd placed team from the looks of it desu.
>>
I seriously want a 32 team Euro. Same format as the World Cup, but only European teams. I get we're gonna get a whole bunch of Faroe-tier shitters and all that, but it's the best possible option and it might be interesting.

The problem with 16 teams is this: the host qualifies automatically which leaves 15 spots left for qualifying. Roughly 13-14 European teams qualify for the World Cup. There's really no difference. The Euros should be easier to qualify for than the World Cup.
>>
>>68671942
>The Euros should be easier to qualify for than the World Cup.
Why?
>>
>>68671956

Is it not just basic common sense that a continental competition should be more inclusive to teams from that continent than a worldwide one?
>>
>>68671934
>France get northern Ireland (best 3'rd)
>Italy get croatia or Spain (2nd place)
>>
>>68671985
COmmon sense is not a reason to make the competitive less competitive and less entertaining.
>>
>>68671934

I can't find it now, but someone ran a simulator showing just how much of a difference it can make. Italy, for instance, could get Spain or Croatia, while some other team is going to get some Romania-tier shit.
>>
>Keep tournament at 24 teams
>8 groups of 3 instead
>Top 2 advance, 3rd is eliminated

There, I fixed it.
>>
>>68671991
Really makes you think huh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.