[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sound of champagne cork popping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
>sound of champagne cork popping
>>
>glug glug glug glug glug AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Squarespace!
>>
File: pepe anime.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
pepe anime.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
He's looking awfully smug there.
>>
File: 190758_heroa.jpg (16 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
190758_heroa.jpg
16 KB, 620x430
>>68670282
And why wouldn't he be?
>>
Have they done a daily pod? fuck i've missed it
>>
>>68671945
It's still going and it's all there
>>
Guardian Football Podcast Power Rankings

Undisputed King: Jimbo
2. Barry
3. Phillippe Auclair
4. Jonathan Wilson
5. Rafa Honigsteain
6. Barney Ronay
7. Sid Lowe

99. Smug Zonal Marking guy
999. Football Manager reference guy
99999. Jacob "Miserable Voice" Steinberg
>>
>>68672042
agree with this desu, phillippe is definitely top 3. Paolo bandini also definitely deserves a mention
>>
Is Jimbo known in Italy?
>>
>>68672042
True
>>
>>68672042
>that first time you heard Sid when he wasn't on the phone and he sounded completely different
>>
>>68672042
im okay with this
>>
>>68672042
Bandini's up there imho.
>>
>>68672203

>it's a Sid's phone is engaged episode
>>
File: kenearly.jpg (16 KB, 274x250) Image search: [Google]
kenearly.jpg
16 KB, 274x250
Best podcaster coming through
>>
>>68674680
>its a literally who episode again
>>
>>68674680

Just listened to his fantasy match report of Ireland Belgium. Top quality stuff : (
>>
>>68672042
>based autistic wilson not second at least
>iain macintosh not dead last
>bazza bants top 3
>>
>>68672042
Jacob Steinberg is a fucking know-nothing West Ham supporting idiot. Did anyone else hear him preview England-Wales? Talking complete bollocks about "passion" and how Wales would win because "they want it more". Plank.

Bandini is #1 (after Jimbo of course). Sid #2 only because he just talks about Spain. Both of them are always on point with their analysis. Rafa is good when he can be bothered (just seems to be going through the motions lately?). Jonathan Wilson is guaranteed to say something nonsensical and probably wrong every pod, but he's such an interesting journalist that he more than makes up for it.

Phillipe Auclair is an idiot who is only on the pod because he's French. Barry has degenerated into a parody of himself by now (zero analysis, just cringeworthy off-topic "banter"). Most of the rest of the English journalists are just boring conventional wisdom platitude speakers.
>>
I also hate how they *all* support Arsenal. Cunts.

At least Jimbo has a soft spot for Spurs
>>
File: 0496 - Mj6jAY3.jpg (728 KB, 1479x1006) Image search: [Google]
0496 - Mj6jAY3.jpg
728 KB, 1479x1006
>its a sids dog wont stfu episode
>>
>>68675820
Jimbo is a definite closet Chelsea fan
>>68672042
James Horncastle is also quite good, he should also be there somewhere
>>
File: btp.png (157 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
btp.png
157 KB, 400x400
>It's an Anto shits all over Arsenal episode

every single time. Is he a yid or what?
>>
GOAT Football podcasts

1. World Football Phone In
2. The Football Ramble
99. Football Weekly
9999999999. Anything else
>>
>>68676668
Friendly reminder for WFPI

>God Tier
Tim Vickery
Mark Gleeson

>High Tier
Andy Brassell
Sean Wheelock

>OK Tier
Jon Arnold
John Duerden
Mina Rzouki

>Low Tier
Durosimi Thomas

>Why the fuck are you even here tier
Paul Sarahs
>>
>>68675093
if iain macintosh was as funny as he thought he was, he'd be really funny
>>
>>68676668

Ramble is pure shit and WFPI is ruined by Dotun

1. Beyond the Pitch
2. Second Captains
>power gap
FW and 606

Vickery is wasted on WFPI
>>
>>68676911

>not liking based dotun
>>
>>68676911
>I can only handle the same boring opinions spouted by the media and /sp/ again and again in my podcasts: The Post

I used to like some of those other shows but they really get dry after a couple of years. Totally boring. Don't always listen to the ramble and they cover a lot of the same ground on WPFI week to week buy I can guarantee I'll hear something that the rest of shitty football media isn't saying usually
>>
>>68676668

Vickery is great and I respect his patience having to field the same dumb questions from drunk Brits and American nerds while constantly being interrupted by Dotun's ADD
>>
>>68676911
Dotun's cheekyness is hilarious though, I like the running gags they do and the chemistry he has with tim.
>>
>>68676668
I remember when I was NEET and listened to Vickery like 6-7 years ago
So based
>>
>>68677124
Is what makes Mark work so much better than the younger pundits too. He's from the same generation so can join in on their jokes and has a pretty good wit too. Think I prefer him to Tim even.
>>
football ramble has become predictable and boring, same goes for football weekly though you might actually get someone who knows what theyre on about sometimes and jimbo is solid

the times' the game can be decent, marcotti does devils advocate alright

as for worst podcasts, anyone given men in blazers a listen? christ

>>68677204

i dont know the names of the guys they get on, i like the saffer whoever that is
>>
Off the ball is great, next level banter
it's only on once a week though
>>
>>68677272
Yeah the saffer is Mark.

Just realised I've been listening to the World Football Phone In for over 10 years now actually. Fucking mad.
>>
Dotun isn't bad. What ruined WFPI is the recurring callers and Brazilian shirt names.

>the fucking Gent phones in to ask Vickery about some obscure 2nd division Brazilian footballer
>>
>>68677204
The running gag about mentioning dotuns nephew playing for Sligo Rovers cracks me up every time
>>
>>68677308
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4swog74ZgQ
>>
>>68677338
There's usually one amazing question per show which shines light on an area of football you'll never hear anywhere else. That makes it all worth it imo. After that there's a handful of decent questions then around half the show is rehashes or boring.

They've quit with the shirt names thing every show again now though which is good
>>
>>68677338

it was alright when it was a select few and you could tell it was the ones dotun actually liked such as 'the gent'

the guy they need to stop from phoning in is the arsenal guy who tries to have banter with tim but its always cringeworthy as fuck and only asks about things relating to arsenal
>>
>>68677449
The nerdy Americans you can tell have literally zero social life which is why they're not only into a niche sport but a niche British football show within that sport who literally won't ever shut up and let the pundits speak are also awful
>>
holy shit I was crying when Pete on the Ramble talked about his patent for a child's dip cup helmet

also I love Football Weekly but usually when Barry is on, he's my favorite guest
>>
File: tsuj.jpg (23 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
tsuj.jpg
23 KB, 620x372
Who else /Jimbovision/ here?

>yfw you realise Jimbo has a film review show on youtube and it's full of punny goodness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B06G7SDqvA8
>>
>>68677909
seen a couple episodes but he's so harsh. Even when it seems he really loved a movie he'll give it like an 8
>>
File: the_chosen_ones.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_chosen_ones.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1200
>>68677963
Nah, he's firm but fair.

There's very few stellar 10/10 movies released in modern times.

Empire (and other shitty publications) hand out 5* reviews like a paedo dishing out sweets to kids.
>>
>>68677906
Barry's literally the worst podder. He doesn't even bother to do any analysis whatsoever. Just "craic".
>>
>>68678352
I prefer that over the dry analysis some people do. Barry just seems like a great guy to hang out with but he has this undercurrent of suicidal depression mixed with humor I imagine is not uncommon in Ireland
>>
>it's a jimbo is away on a skiing holiday episode
>>
File: 0415 - 8ytbWYt.jpg (48 KB, 322x279) Image search: [Google]
0415 - 8ytbWYt.jpg
48 KB, 322x279
>>68679050
>max fills in
>>
>>68679050
>it's a Jimbo is away to satisfy his fetish for strongmen or cyclists
>>
>>68675951
Wow, cukc material here. They are so shit.
>>
>>68679184

Who are?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.