[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5 days until draft day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ingram.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ingram.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
S-SOON
>>
Simmons>whoever that ape is
>>
>>68646465
T. Ben Simmons
>>
File: steve brule unimpressed.png (402 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
steve brule unimpressed.png
402 KB, 864x486
>>68646465
>He fell for the Ben Simmons meme
>mfw
>>
>>68647204
>>68647673
>its a /sp/ is contrarian for the sake of it episode

Sydney Morning Herald
>>
>there are unironically people who pay a lot of money for sixers gear/games when the organization has made it apparent they're selling the promise of "hey we'll be really good soon!" and "we're gonna get the next *insert great player* in this draft!

what team do I bandwagon now lads?
>>
Thankfully EmbiiGOD is healthy
>>
>>68647789
Whetever Hinkie goes, that is if he doesn't go to Wall Street
>>
>>68647875
I give their organization one thing, they know how to market to fans and make money with putting as little in as possible, if you can put butts in the seat and make money thats pretty much all you need to do in American sports
>>
>>68647988
>thats pretty much all you need to do in American sports
American sports is literally communism. It's literally impossible to fail because if you do, the nanny-league will just bail you out.
>>
>Ingram
a player who can shoot off the pass, but not off the dribble
>Simmons
a player who creates plays for others to score
>Okafor
a player who fit really well in the 1980s NBA, but is a man out of time today

It's simple
We trade Okafor and the lakers pick back to the Lakers and get Ingram
>>
>>68648134
I agree, you cant reward teams for continued failure, at some point you have to tell them to actually fucking TRY at least. The way our leagues are run has many upsides but tanking and perpetually being shit BECAUSE its profitable needs to be ended
>>
If the Lakers draft buddy hield i'll never miss a game this season!! seriously!
>>
The more i study Brandon Ingram, the more i like him. You can't teach his length and natural basketball IQ. I didn't think this year would be like last year, but im flip flopping on who id rather have again. Right now, I'd take Brandon based on his upside and his fit with the Lakers. I think both Ben and Brandon will be good players, but i think Ingram might be the better player in the long run. He'll always be the better shooter, better defender (scary potential there being 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan) and doesn't have character issues. We're talking about a potential perennial scoring champ here. Things are finally looking up for those Lakers
>>
>>68648703
I think >our leagues do it better than >yours. Salary caps are good because it keeps a level playing field. Equal distribution of television revenue is also fair.

But your draft system is fundamentally flawed. It essentially rewards teams for failure so in leagues like the NBA you have the phenomenon where teams deliberately tank so they can get a good draft pick. It also gives teams absolutely no incentive to develop their own talent at a youth level.

Personally the best system I have seen is the New Zealand Super Rugby method. What they do is enable each team to retain a certain number of players but force them to put players outside of that quota up for draft. That rewards teams for talent development and enables them to keep their core squad intact, but also prevents excessive hoarding of talent.
>>
>>68648871
The only thing I don't like is his rebounding, with his length even with bad timing you should get more rebounds
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.