[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Olympic fiasco inc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: gettyimages-500971344[1].jpg (68 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-500971344[1].jpg
68 KB, 1000x600
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-36565901

What are your feelings for the upcoming olympics? Rio state is in critical situation, as they have zika virus, some kind of super resistance bacteria, whole water pollution problem, riots AND bankruptcy. Are these olympics going to be fiasco? Do you even expect anything good from it?
>>
>Do you even expect anything good from it?

I expect to laugh as hundreds of athletes and tourists get mugged and contract zika while I'm safely in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>68616020
this
Olympics? More like Ebolympics
>>
File: she loves you.png (425 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
she loves you.png
425 KB, 1200x788
i expect memes
>>
In the end nothing will happen.
>>
>>68615952
Its gonna be a mess, we gotta do something like take a vote to keep the olympics (summer and winter) in first world countries.
>>
>hosting an international event outside of Europe, east Asia, North America, or Australia
>>
>>68616020
>while I'm safely in the middle of nowhere
Yeah, it's not like those Zika-infected tourists will ever come back to Australia.
>>
>>68615952
How bout they stop planning these major sporting events in shit countries?

I bet tokyo 2020 is gonna be cool though
>>
Why do they not just have one site that is used every time?

Just put it in Greece
Have every country contribute money to build it and for upkeep

problem solved
>>
>>68618688
he doesn't have to worry b/c zika is only passed sexually from person to person.
>>
This is what they were banking on. Can invest in Brazil's debt and bank on this failure. It's corruption 101 really.

If it went to a developed country with the infrastructure already in place, these corrupt IOC officials wouldn't get rich.
>>
Giving the hosting of such an event to Brazil was extremely wrong, especially so soon after the had hosted the world cup only 2 years ago.
>>
>everyone gets the virus
>all the best genes of our generation aren't passed on
>Russia wins every sporting event until 2100
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.