[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICIAL GIANTS VS. RAYS GAMETHREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: [email protected] (415 KB, 1368x570) Image search: [Google]
06-17_SF@TB.jpg
415 KB, 1368x570
San Francisco Giants @ Tampa Bay Rays

Tropicana Field
7:10 PM ET | 4:10 PM PT

TV: CSN-BA | Fox Sports Sun

Jeff Samardzija (RHP #29) (7-4 | 3.36 ERA | 71 K)
vs.
Chris Archer (RHP #22) (4-8 | 4.61 ERA | 96 K)

SF
1. CF Denard Span
2. 2B Joe Panik
3. 1B Brandon Belt
4. C Buster Posey
5. SS Brandon Crawford
6. 3B Matt Duffy
7. LF Angel Pagan
8. DH Jarrett Parker
9. RF Gregor Blanco

Trevor Brown
Conor Gillaspie
Ramiro Pena

TB
1. 2B Logan Forsythe
2. SS Brad Miller
3. 3B Evan Longoria
4. 1B Logan Morrison
5. DH Steve Pearce
6. LF Corey Dickerson
7. CF Desmond Jennings
8. RF Jaff Decker
9. C Curt Casali

Tim Beckham
Hank Conger
Mikie Mahtook
Taylor Motter

3-game interleague series (AL rules).
DH time!!!

Santiago Casilla is on paternity leave (new baby!!!). Congrats Santiago!

Steven Okert (#48, LHP) called up from Sac to fill the bullpen.

Closer role will more likely be by committee (Cory is first choice, but will be used in earlier innings if/as necessary).

OTHER: Jake Peavy's neck soreness is still an issue and his start is pushed back 1 day (Matt's spot). Albert Suarez will start in Jake's spot tomorrow. Here's hoping that Jake is well enough to make the Sunday start.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 225x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 225x240
do sharks eat ray?
>>
>>68598736
I don't know, but I wore my Sharks hat to the game on Monday and the Giants won a laugher.
>>
>>68598651
Who the fuck names their kid Jaff?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 330x319
>pride night
>vs san fracisco
>>
Who /goingtothea'sgametomorrow/ to watch Timmy's first start back?

I was going to go, if not for a family event.
>>
File: LAA_ Tim Lincecum .jpg (88 KB, 525x330) Image search: [Google]
LAA_ Tim Lincecum .jpg
88 KB, 525x330
>>
>>68599242
Yep.

There *will* be black and orange at Oakland Coliseum tomorrow. Just watch.
>>
I'm so fucking tired of how far gay acceptance has advanced. This Orlando shit is the most agenda pushing bullshit ever set up

Now let's watch and try to enjoy this tainted game
>>
CRAW'D
>>
>>68599824
edge
>>
>>68599930
Nah, just my personal beliefs mang. Nothing more or nothing less. Edgy would be me saying something like I'm glad Orlando happened if it did. I wouldn't be. I'm just tired of the SJW agenda and the fact that this is still being milked
>>
>>68599824
"Gay" is no problem. Annoyingly flamboyant neon pink feather bullshit is the problem.

>>68600007
Any massacre is going to draw attention to serve some political agenda or another.
>>
>>68600007
>happened less than a week ago
>still being milked
yea fuck doing something nice to honor 49 dead people lol dumb sjw's
>>
>>68600071
>Any massacre is going to draw attention to serve some political agenda or another

I know, and I hate all of it. This one just a bit more so
>>
>Parker

I literally cannot stand this guy. I can't wait until we trade for Braun so this bitch will be back to AAA where he belongs
>>
>>68600114
Yeah, it's been talked about for days in a row now. They've got to pound it into your heads that the gays are victims and if you don't accept homosexuality then you're no better than the shooter, being the current year and all. Obviously loss of life is sad. Doesn't mean you need to fly gay flags everywhere. I don't see how you don't think this is being used to push agenda

Anyway man, I was just giving my opinion and would've been happy to move on, so that's all I was saying
>>
>>68600257
He /base hit/ though

He annoys me too though. I don't really want to trade for Braun because I think we would give up too much. I just want Pence to hurry up and get well
>>
>>68600345
pence wont be back for awhile sempai, we'll have to trade if we want to have an outfield thats just not platoons left and right, im thinking Jay Bruce might be best fit one year left on contract and we wont have to give up near as much
>>
>>68600435
Honestly unless the Jints start tanking real bad I'm fine with platooning it up
If you ask me any money spent on a Pence replacement would be waaaaaaaay better spent on a bullpen arm. The Giants need a good southpaw reliever badly
>>
>>68600435
We have Pagan back though. Now we won't play Parker, Blanco will. Parker is only in to DH. I know Pence won't be back soon, that's why I'm saying he hurries up. Should be like, what, 5-6 weeks? Something like that?
>>
>>68600510
i'm fine with platooning myself if we can get separation from the doyers then i'll feel more comfortable, yeah we really needa bullpen arm badly though, i want off of Wayne Brady's wild ride every ninth
>>
>>68600573
I think he makes it back in August, don't quote me.
>>
>>68600573
*why I'm saying I hope he hurries up
>>
>>68600510
>>68600584
You guys know Parker won't be playing outfield with Pagan back right? Yeah, it'll be Blanco in right, but we won't have left and right being fielded by backups
>>
>>68600719
Yo man him pushing it is why he got hurt in the first place
It's true that he's an important part of the team but nobody benefits if he gets injured again, except maybe the Doys
>>
>>68600815
Parker will still fill in for Pagan and Span sempai, neither of them are what you'd call an iron man and they WILL get rest days
>>
>>68600833
I'm not saying I hope he comes back before he's healed you dummy. I'm saying I hope his recovery goes well and he gets healthy fast
>>
Wish we still had based Aoki
>>
>>68601023
I wish >we still had Adam Duvall
>>
>>68600873
He'll probably play around 5 to 10 most, more games in the outfield barring a major injury before Pence comes back. Not a big deal

I get what you're saying though
>>
>>68601023
I saw him wearing a Giants uni in a documentary about the Mariners earlier today and it made me sad desu.
>>
Why is the Rays pitching staff so awful this year? I'm not a fan of either team but I was just noticing how shitty Archer's stats were this year and realized that the entire starting staff is way below league average now. Is there a reason for it?
>>
>>68601169
I blame murderous anti-gay terrorist sentiment
>>
File: 1372815150666.png (104 KB, 485x255) Image search: [Google]
1372815150666.png
104 KB, 485x255
>fag city winning on fag night
typical
>>
>Casali
>>
Is that fucking mold on the outfield turf?

Yuck
>>
>>68601755
John Miller asked about the look of the turf.
According to the Rays, that turf has always looked like that (from installation to present).
>>
>Archer

I thought he was good?
>>
>>68601023

We already have two injury prone outfielders in pagan and pence.
>>
>>68602243
>rarely makes it to 7th
>Avg is 10.82 strikeouts per 9 IP (second best in majors)
>4.61 ERA (gives up runs)
on opening day he struck out 12 in 5 innings but got yanked because of pitch count and runs yielded.
>>
>>68601999
Yeah I caught that on the radio on my way home hahahah
>>
>>68602470
Sounds like he's regressing into Edwin Jackson
>>
B E L T E D
E
L
T
E
D
>>
Ouch my ears
>>
Hard to really feel good about beating a team like the rays ya know?
>>
>you never get to watch a game from the catwalk

Feels bad man
>>
>>68603550
Winning always feels good muh nig

You guys always say this kind of shit and it's pretty cunty 2bh. They're only a couple of games under .500. It's not like they're completely terrible like the Braves (who we couldn't even win the series against by the way)
>>
>>68603550
Fuck off faggot. JUST WIN BABY! Some of us still remember the shitty years
>>
>>68604272
This

>>68603550
Don't be a stereotypical spoiled Giants fan and disrespectful of a team that isn't even doing bad in the first place
>>
>>68603550
In all honesty I give the rays more props then anybody they always field a solid team in a division with 2 teams that field more pay roll then any other combined division outside the nl west with two other teams jays and os who are consistently streaky and get dangerous out of nowhere while everybody else has 2 teams atleast in their division that are tanking yearly
>>
>>68604206
>>68604272
>>68604419
>>68604574
Holy shit you fags are so easy to troll it's pretty pathetic desu
>>
>>68604675
>le ebin troll XD
>I dindu mean any of it XD

I'm just saying there's no need to be a cunt. I'm a Giants fan, you're not trolling me
>>
File: [email protected] (156 KB, 1368x570) Image search: [Google]
06-18_SF@TB.jpg
156 KB, 1368x570
Next game is tomorrow at 4:10 PM ET | 1:10 PM PT

** Jake Peavy may start tomorrow if he is well enough to.
>>
>>68604675
Don't diss the rays if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have posey
>>
File: Shark.png (97 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
Shark.png
97 KB, 350x254
APOLOGIZE.

>But muh CGSO

APOLOGIZE.
>>
>one strike away from a shutout
>>
>faggot capitol of the US wins on faggot pride night
You can have this win, gnats
>>
>>68598736
Damn i guess sharks do eat rays
>>
>making such a big deal out of a shutout

You fags do realize kershaw does this like 8 times a year right?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 315x160
>>68605454
>>
>>68605454
>8 times a year
>15 in 9 years
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.