[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the Euros so shit lads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: pepe eye roll.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe eye roll.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>1-0
>2-1
>2-0
>0-0
>1-1
>2-0
>2-1
>2-0
>1-1
>1-0
>1-1
>2-0
>1-0
>2-0
>1-0
>1-0
>2-1
>1-1
>2-1

Jesus fucking christ is everyone scared of scoring? I thought literally everyone was supposed to have a shitty defence and then we get this garbage. Even most of the games with 3 goals or that end 2-0 have had massive stretches of bus parking followed by a last minute goal.

Fucking tripe
>>
>>68582671
We're shit at finishing. I'm not sure what everyone else's excuse is.
>>
File: 1465237934016.png (666 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1465237934016.png
666 KB, 720x540
>>68582671
>>
This the first time you've watched a tournament with a group stage m8? Plus, with several third-place teams getting to advance the objective here is to play defense. Three draws would likely get you to the knock outs.
>>
>Even most of the games with 3 goals or that end 2-0 have had massive stretches of bus parking followed by a last minute goal.

This is the key. 0-0s can be amazing if they're end to end but literally every single game in this euros has been cagey as fuck. I really can't remember one with a decent pace to it. Are all the players tired or something?
>>
WARNING

WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE A TEAM SCORE THREE (3) GOALS IN ONE MATCH
>>
We don't have strikers and Götze ist garbage
>>
>>68582870
Go and look at the group stage results for every major tournament prior to this year. Every single one has had several group stage games have a team score 3 and usually a standout end to end fixuture. It isn't just the lack of goals, it's how fucking boring the games have been in general.
>>
>>68582671
I don't think that the score its a equivalent of quality in football
>>
>>68583044
Not all the time, but it's definitely accurate for this tournament.
>>
>>68582671
You want to see a high scoring game with shite defending? MlelS is for you my friend.
>>
>>68583044
See >>68582873

It isn't just the lack of goals, almost every single game has had almost the entire thing be bus parking by one team, I think because of the expansion of the tournament to include shittier ones. Been pretty awful.
>>
>>68582671
>muh blowouts
Just rewatch Rooney doing hat tricks against San Marino.
>>
only one of the games was a comeback win too, and it involved brave english hearts
>>
>>68582671
>massive stretches of bus parking

Care to explain what that means?
>>
>>68582908
Götze is not a striker you fucking imbecile.

He's a false 9/secondary playmaker.
In the right team he'll be GOAT.

Even if he never achieves anything else in his life he's still the guy that scored a WC winning goal. Every player from Messi to Ronaldo dreams of what Götze has achieved so they can all suck a dick.
>>
>>68583185
One team defending with 10 men behind the ball and the other passing it around the penalty area trying to score. It just isn't fun to watch.
>>
>>68583185
the teams sometimes chose to park their busses close to the stadium so they can get out safely after bad games

if they park the busses far away from the stadium, they risk meeting angry hooligans
>>
>>68583197
kek, Messi will be remembered in decades, Götze will be forgotten in 5 years when he plays at some midtable Bundesliga club
>>
>it's a premier league fan used to ADHD football where nobody knows how to defend has to watch what football is really like most of the time episode

Every time
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-17_19-42-28.png (650 KB, 873x350) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-17_19-42-28.png
650 KB, 873x350
KEK
>>
we are scoring 4 tonight don't worry
>>
>>68582951
It doesn't matter what the past was like, with third place teams getting to advance for the first time ever, good defense is the objective here. It's not fucking rocket science mate.

Pretty sure I've answered your question as to "Why are the Euros such shit lads?"
>>
teams in the copa america are noticeably better than those in the euro.
>>
This has been the best Euro Cup so far, stop being childish

>b-but m-muh goals
american mentality is ruining football
>>
>>68584557
Euro 2012 and 2008 were both incredible, far better than this shite, and England wasn't even in one of them for me to support
>>
>>68584229
Exactly, so that's a flaw in the tournament design, it promotes this shitty play that's putting everyone to sleep.

UEFA just couldn't leave well alone in the search for shekels, the Euros have been the best international tournament in the world for as long as I've been alive and now they've gone and fucked it.
>>
Anyone who unironically thinks that the Euros have been more entertaining this year than Copa America is just an unreasonable homer.

Pretty much every country on /sp/ that doesn't have a team in either tournament has been saying Copa America has been the funner of the two to watch.
>>
Fuck off OP

BEST. EUROS. EVER.
>>
>>68582837
>you're Reddit if you want to see scoring

fuck off
>>
>>68584229
Either quit saying mate or fuck off back to the UK.
>>
>>68585567
Nobody is saying this in any way other than banter, would imagine barely any Europeans have even watched the copa to compare anyway since it's on so late. Literally the only international tournament I can remember being worse than this in my lifetime is 2010.

Having said that the Croatia game that just finished was pretty good, had a bit of everything.
>>
>>68585819
2010 WC was horrible, I think it was the worst cup I've ever watched, even failing miserably in 2014 we hosted one of the best and most exciting tournaments in soccer lately.
>>
File: vuvuzela.jpg (14 KB, 300x189) Image search: [Google]
vuvuzela.jpg
14 KB, 300x189
>>68586234

Remember these fuckers?

Raged so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCIFXqhLzo

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

This ruined the world cup. You guys did 10 times better.
>>
>>68584965
>and England wasn't even in one of them for me to support
I guess it is explained,isn't it ?
>>
>>68582951

the fields are all wet for whatever reason, makes scoring very hard
>>
>>68582671
Honestly at this point the only thing worth watching the Euro for is based Jamie Vardy(which I hope he starts next match)
>>
>>68582671
>The city of OP
>>
>>68586997
At least this shit was memorable
Nothing stands out about Euro 2016 on the other hand
>>
>>68582671
political correctness
don't hurt anyone, play mediocre
>>
>>68586234
US scored arguably it's most famous goal ever in the 2010 World Cup when Donovan punched in a gamewinner against Algeria in the 90th + minute that meant the difference of winning the group outright, or going home.

Other than the US group though, I don't remember anything about that world cup.
>>
>>68583306
The opposite actually.
Messi never won a World Cup. That alone disqualifies him among the Greal GOATS.
Good footballers come and go but only those that win titles are remembered.
Götze is already immortal. Messi will be forgotten by 2030.
>>
>>68593501
>political correctness
Man I have had it up to here with UEFA's bullshit
Everytime I see a commercial about "Respect" makes me wanna puke
>>
>>68582671
the binary code cup
>>
>>68596229
Did Spain just fuck things up today?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.