[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Klinsmann
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: klinsmann passion.gif (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
klinsmann passion.gif
3 MB, 500x280
How is he seen in Burgerland? Do people approve of his coaching? Or do people think he's shit?
>>
>>68578231
Shit
>>
Approve. He's done a fine job. People forget how irrelevant we were prior to his entry.
>>
>>68578629
>People forget how irrelevant we were prior to his entry.

you're still irrelevant though
>>
everyone doubts his every move and he usually ends up being right in the end
>>
>>68578231
I like him because he delivers results when he needs too, and infuriates redditors by trashing the MLS.
>>
>>68578231
We love him when he succeeds and hate him when he fails, right now we love him because we're in the Semifinals, we'll hate him when he makes a shitty lineup and we get BTFO by Argentina on Tuesday
>>
>>68578659
More relevant than you turkroach
>>
I like him. I think he's good for US soccer

But all of these fucking soccer hipsters don't like him when he decides to actually test out new formations and players during friendlies and always call for him to get fired because of it.
>>
>4-4-2
Yes he's making sense now.
>>
>>68578659
When was the last time your team made it to semis of euro? because USA just did the equivalent.
>>
He just needs to find fresh players. US team is getting old
>>
>>68578984
we have third place of 2008 euros and 2002 world cup, fatass
>>
>>68578231
He's still shit
The team found a way to win despite him
>>
>>68578231
Pretty good, enjoyed the last World Cup.
>>
Most ppl don't even know who he is desu. To the soccer fans that're here, pretty mixed really.
>>
>>68579138
You know there are others things besides the world cup?
>>
Opinion is very divided among people who give a shit about soccer here.
I'm off the opinion that he has done great with a very sub standard talent pool, even by US standards. You think about all the important players fit the US from the last decade who have retired or just gotten old and you would think this team would be going no where. Jurgen is getting solid results despite the talent level going down
>>
>>68579295
this
is would give him time, a long term project
>>
The word burgerland made me want a burger, thanks Hans.
>>
>>68579075
I know you have that's why I said >WHEN ( I didn't say you haven't)

>2008

WHAT YEAR IS IT MUDSHIT KEBAB?

>2016
Gl getting out of groups, can't wait till your Muslim slime get their shit pushed put by Spain later today.
>>
>>68579295
Overall talent level isn't going down
Plus whatever the level is it should be better than Guatemala and Jamaica
>>
>>68579408
>not rooting for the underdog

i bet you support barcelona/real madrid in euro football like a faggot you are
>>
>>68579505
no I've been a fan of bayern since I was 7 because 2001 champions League (based effenberg and oliver kahn) and being german.
>>
he certainly is a coach
>>
>>68579295
the depth of talent is better than its ever been, though our top players aren't quite as good as in the past. a guy like nagbe or lichaj would be a no-brainer starter in pretty much every previous team
>>
>>68578231
Klinsmann is based. Only MlelSfags hate him.
>>
>>68578231
He is shit but I approve of his coaching because the nature of Americans as a people is that we thrive on chaos

"Americans take so well to war because war is chaos and Americans practice chaos on a daily basis."
>>
>>68579505
>>68579075
>>68578659

Why do you come into every thread and talk shit about every other country? The shit you write is not even banter. It's not witty, it's just lame.

Try to be a little less of an asshole I guess is my point.
>>
People are very binary thinkers. They say, the talent pool is shit so it's not Klinsmans fault. Or they say he's a shit coach.

But it can be both. We have a shallow talent pool. Unless some of the younger players really step up its only going to get shallower.

But.

I still think Klinsmann has made some inexcusable mistakes. We should have made it into the Confederations Cup either by winning the Gold Cup or the CONCACAF Cup but it's like those weren't even taken seriously.

So while we're exceedi realistic expectations in this tournament, choosing this one to make a statement in instead of the Confederations Cup (or both) doesn't make sense, which leads me to conclude he doesn't really know what he's doing and the difference between this summer and last summer has little or nothing to do with him.
>>
>>68579295
unfortunately in the pool of people who care about soccer newbies are now outnumbering the knowledgeable ones

leading posters like this guy make stupid observations about the "sub standard talent pool" when the US has never been better talent-wise.

and therefore this is why it is pointless to discuss this topic these days, because odds are you'll be talking to one of these
>>
>>68580880
Why do you care about the Confederations Cup? It's less relevant than Copa America,
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x370
>>68579505
>>68579075
>>68578659
>>
>>68578629
When will this meme die?

Outside of the Copa right now, JK has not accomplished anything that Bunker Bob Bradley hadn't. In fact, Bob had the 2009 Confederations Cup run where we beat Spain and lost to Brazil 3-2 in the final.

Klinsmann is fine. He's an OK coach that constantly tinkers with his lineup. But he's not accomplishing things that Arena/Bradley haven't, and he's got a deeper player pool to work with.
>>
I could imagine US soccer hipsters shitting on him just because they see europeans doing it all the time on their coaches.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.