[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soccer Refs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
How would a game turn out, if some soccer ref decided to red card at least 50% of a team on the field?
>>
>>68568985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtPOtFi58g

This is the closest we ever got but there must be games with more cards
>>
>>68568985
A team is not allowed to have but 6 players, so 5 red cards for a team equal a forfeit.
>>
>>68568985
Can't play with fewer than 7 players

If the game got so out of hand that 5 players from one team were sent off, I think the game would be called off before it even got that far

But I'm not sure what would happen if they were sent off in a reasonably orderly manner (i.e. no brawling and other shit fest)

FIFA (the game) used to allow this to happen, and you had to forfeit the match
>>
What would happen if, suppose two teams would both benefit from a draw, the teams agreed before the game not to touch the ball but instead just sit around on the pitch doing nothing?

Does the referee have any power to call that sort of game off?
>>
>>68569087
This has happened before.
>>
>>68569087
No but FIFA would investigate match fixing and there'd be a huge scandal, fines, imprisonments, etc.
>>
What if literally every player of the team just sits in the goal and it becomes impossible for the other team to score that way?
>>
>>68569087
>What would happen if, suppose two teams would both benefit from a draw, the teams agreed before the game not to touch the ball but instead just sit around on the pitch doing nothing?
They would just sit around on the pitch doing nothing
>Does the referee have any power to call that sort of game off?
No.
>>
>>68569056
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIFA_World_Cup_knockout_stage#Portugal_vs_Netherlands

Holy fuck

>red card at 90+5

Is that guy Flowre?
>>
File: 1337248770051.gif (203 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1337248770051.gif
203 KB, 480x270
>>68569087
>mfw, two teams decided to do 90 minutes of pilates
>>
>>68569106
When?
>>
>>68568985
Look up battle of bramall lane on YouTube.

3 players sent off, 2 injuries, no subs left, team down to 6 men so they abandoned the match with 10 minutes left. The result stood though.

There's a proper knee high tackle in there with a wonderful backstory of revenge.
>>
>>68569139
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n
>>
>>68569162
German master race
>>
>>68569162

>El Comercio, the local newspaper, printed the match report in its crime section.[10]

Top kek
>>
>>68569109

players should actively play the game. the ref can take disciplinary measures.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.