[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus christ man...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 13
File: LeGod.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
LeGod.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
Jesus christ man...
>>
SORRY LEGOD
>>
>>68562712
And yet he's still about to lose kek.
>people think this clown is better than Jordan STILL
>>
And people will still hate
>>
ledecline
>>
Can they still give him finals mvp if they lose?

No one on the dubs deserves it.
>>
File: 1464298448143.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1464298448143.png
814 KB, 604x717
>People seriously think stephanie curry is better than leebron james
>>
>>68562882
of course. wouldn't be surprised if Lebron drops another 40 in game 7.

3 straight 40 point games? I don't see how he doesn't get it
>>
>>68562799
Nobody is better than Jordan, it's a stupid bail out phrase used whenever anyone discusses LeBron. He was never going to be better than Jordan, that was apparent very early on. I feel bad though for people who can't just enjoy watching a great player in his own right.
>>
>>68562712
I'm sorry
>>
>>68563095
This.
>>
>>68563095
Jordan has to be the most overrated person in all of sports history

Medicore defender and ballhog that ruled a period of shitty expansion teams from his throne of stacked teams
>>
LeGod
>>
>>68563095
this.
>>
>>68562712
im sorry i doubted you
>>
Why do you fags always compare LeBron to Jordan? You miss out on his greatness and the unbelievable shit he does by always comparing
>>
>>68562712
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>68563182
This senpai. Like Pele in soccer.
>>
>>68563182
>Mediocre defender
Stopped reading there.
Jordan is a top 10 all time defender in the nba. If you never watched Jordan play, just say so. Only someone who hasn't would say something that fucking stupid.
>>
>>68563182
>expansion team excuse

Who were better then the Lakers, 76ers and Knicks in this era. So what is your point? There are far more bad teams now. Too many teams tanking on purpose.
>>
>>68563320
He had zero presence on the inside. He was all about taking high chances to nab steals on the perimeter

The guy coasted through teams that were lacking talent or injured his entire career
>>
>>68563182
yeah no Jordan was a fucking terrific defender

its part of the reason why he's GOAT, he was unstoppable on both ends of the court
>>
>>68562712

Imagine if LeBron had someone even remotely similar to PJax

Dude still is going to go down as a top 5 player of all time but he could have been the GOAT of GOATs if he didn't try to manage personal and have as much control as he wants
>>
>He should have been Finals MVP last year, and he should be Finals MVP this year

Too bad he won't get it unless they win. And if they give Finals MVP to Steph should the Warriors win..
>>
>>68562712
he's dominating in unprecedented ways because he's not clutch
>>
>>68563398
You're an fucking idiot
>>
>>68563320
I agree but I actually think LeBron is not that far off of a defensive player from Jordan; the big separation for me is Jordan had a disgusting jumper and killer instinct, also played in a marginally tougher era.
>>
>>68563458
I will 100% personally guarantee that LeBron is winning this year no matter what. He was closer than anyone else has gotten. Even though writers, not the NBA, award this, there is no way they will let anyone besides LeBron win.

Silver may even personally overturn any other decision they make
>>
>>68563461
What the hell does that even mean? Clutch isn't just hitting the game since. He averages the most points ever facing eliminations
>>
>>68563465
Keep dickriding this myth that Jordan was some kind of god at everything

>get replaced by Peter Myers who averaged less than 10 PPG
>only lose two more games that season
>get robbed in the playoffs, otherwise they would have won a title being lead by Pippen
>>
>half of his championships are due to a miracle 3 that someone else made
TRULY THE GOATEST
>>
>>68563398
Jordan was a goddamn guard. Why would he dominate inside on defense? You aren't making any sense. Jordan was a lock down defender on and off the ball. He also has more career blocks then Lebron while being 2 inches shorter. Dude just stop. Also you do know he was unstoppable in the post on offense.
>>
>>68562882

I thought last year was the definitive answer of that question but if LeBron drops like even 25 on Sunday and they lose it would still be a fucking travesty if he didn't

LeBron played all but 3 minutes tonight

3 fucking minutes
>>
>>68563095
>Nobody is better than Jordan
True.His career was too perfect,he never chocked in the playoffs, had insane stats and highlight games.Also things like retiring while being in your prime,to get semi good in another sport,only to come back and win 3 more added to his legend.Jordan also never had to make "the decision" and could stay with the bulls,so he didn't "make a super team".In the end his solo accomplishments and career were to dominant and not enough mistakes to not be called goat.

>I feel bad though for people who can't just enjoy watching a great player in his own right.
That's true Lebron is probably the best player after the jordan era with Duncan/Kobe.
>>
>>68563398
>6"6 guard
>Presence on the inside

Do you even basketball? Jordan was an excellent perimeter defender and that's what a SG guards; the fuckin perimeter.
>>
>>68563561
i was being sarcastic
>>
>>68563576
>he hit that 3 before to cut 5 pt lead to 2
>he won the game in ot
>single handedly dominated game 7
>>
>>68563581
No, all he did was fish for high risk steals and count on the rest of his team to bail him out when that failed. Watching him get crossed-over and shit on by a young Iverson is still my favorite NBA clip.

Don't forget he was an awful team player. I dare you to count how many times he threw some half-assed passed to avoid getting blocked on a shot, only to have his team forced to take a low percent shot with 3-4 seconds left on the clock.
>>
>>68563576

wasn't even the final game in the series bruh and the jordan pass to kerr beat the jazz
>>
>>68563182
Don't you have to be 19 to post here?
>>
>>68563682
>the Iverson cross over

Find me another time that happen in his 14 year career? Lebron got crossed over by fucking Nate Robinson. Shit happens.
>>
File: jshig.jpg (42 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
jshig.jpg
42 KB, 382x346
>>68563599
>Kobe
>>
>>68562882
>he actually believes that they will give the Finals MVP to the guy from the losing team
>>
>>68563599
You get it German bruder.
>>
>>68563398
>aggressive shitposting
>>
>>68563746
Adurr Jordan is the greatest!
Look at him fishing for those steals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMi5lvQqq8
>>
>>68562712
I apologize
>>
>>68563682
>I'm just making shit up now

Saw Jordan in his prime...hell old fag that saw Bird and Magic near the end. You have zero clue as of what you are talking about.
>>
>>68563835
Dementia is a hell of a thing, grandpa
>>
>>68563599
nigger are you serious? jordan has waaaaay more fuck ups than Lebron. All lebron has is "the decision".
Jordan had a massive gambling problem that he couldnt cotrol, and this addiction some have said, has led to his father being shot and killed. Also the rumors of secret love children all over the States and abroad cant be ignored., yea he was a good ball player, but lebron had had a way better social life
>>
>>68563814

And Lebron getting shook by fucking John Lucas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chwpcK1Rom8
I think Iverson is a little better then Lucas. Shit happens.
>>
He is the greatest of all time.

>Back to back 41 point games (wins) against the winningnest team ever in the NBA
>>
>>68562882
LeBron didn't win FMVP last year, so no.
>>
>>68563869
At least I have an excuse kid. You just sound stupid.
>>
>>68563182
Absolutely this. The NBA is in its golden age of talent. Jordan just had the advertisement and commercialization going for him. League was so watered down then jeez. Athletes are bigger faster and stronger and better at the game of basketball now.
>>
>>68563591
lebron played 46 minutes a game last finals
>>
>>68563182
>Jordan has to be the most overrated
Yeah yeah and the Beatles sucked and Rembrandt wasn't all that. Go play with your action figures.
>>
>>68563903
>all the non-basketball related things you just posted.
>>
>>68563974
>b-but i watched Jordan drop 40 on a shitty expansion team! h-he's the greatest!
lul
>>
>>68563517
>muh killer instinct
Keep listening to Skip Bayless fuck boy. Nothing you say is valid
>>
>>68563770
Jerry west in NBA
Howley in NFL
Messi and Zidane in WC finals
>>
>>68563934
>Warriors
>Not the ultimate era baby team

They are clearly proving they aren't the best tram ever. They hardly got pass the Thunder, and have looked pretty shit in the finals. They are the best "shooting " team ever. Too bad their defense is meh, rebounding is shit and they are soft.
>>
>>68563095
Take off your nostalgia glasses, Jordan wouldn't be putting the statlines LeBron is putting on a nightly basis against teams of the current era, LeBron is undeniably a better, more complete athlete and arguably a better player too
>>
>>68564008
The Beatles did suck though.. Just a boy band no better than NSYNC or One Direction.

ONE MORE WIN, KING!
>>
>>68563915
That's barely anything. You have me thinking LeBron had his ankles broken.
>>
>>68563398
I'm Malaysian and what is this
>>
>>68564074
His passing game is mad underrated. Can guard 1-4/5 too.
>>
>>68564039
Bobby Richardson for the World Series MVP too

So every sport allows one loser to get it
>>
>>68564019
>40 per game in the finals against the Suns
>dropped 50 points more then any player in playoff history
>dropped 6e (still an nba record)in the playoffs against one of the greatest teams ever in the Celtics
Sure thing buddy. How many wins does Lebron have on the 76ers the past 4 years?....Pretty sure they are worst then any team Jordan ever faced.
>>
>>68564074
This is just elementally untrue. Jordan was a demonstrably better isolation defender and at 6'6 capable of posting he'd be one of the most valuable players in the NBA currently as well.

If Jordan ever put time into his 3 he'd have been a 50% from outside guaranteed
>>
>>68564084
Why are you replying to yourself?
>>
>>68564084
this is true, queen the real #1 boy band
>>
>>68564092
Lucas isn't even in the damn league now. The guy was a fucking bum and abused Lebron on that. Iverson is an all time great pg.
>>
>>68564211
>Broken clock
>>
>>68564074
>Jordan playing in an Era that you can't hand check

He would put up 40 a night in this era. He is a better scorer then fucking Harden who feasts in this era. Also better then Melo who also scores a lot.
>>
>>68563915
>Implying that's an ankle breaker and not just making a contested shot
>implying anyone remember that compared to that other play involving Lebron and Lucas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AevYl_tMI
>>
>>68564266
>played in an era where zone defences were illegal
> thinks handchecking makes the game that much tougher
He'd be 30 ppg but not 40.
>>
>>68562882
>its an unwritten american sports rule that you need to win to get the fmvp. If gsw wins, it's klay's or draymond award I think. Unless curry drops 50
>>
>>68564286
>He jumped over a guy that is 5'10
So impressive!
I think Vince Carter dunking over that 7'2 French guy was amazing.
>>
>>68563095
it'll be the year 2076 before another player like Jordan comes around
>>
>>68564323
>Jordan at 40 played against zone
>averaged 22 a game

Sure thing.
>>
>>68563713
and paxson for the suns desu
>>
>>68564266
Why do people keep bringing up MUH HANDCHECKING when the biggest rules difference between now and then was the illegal defense rule.

Have you seen the kind of crazy effective defensive schemes coaches have come up with nowadays that would never ever fly in Jordan's NBA?
>>
>>68564161
>guarded by flat footed Larry bird
> lost the game
> never won anything in the 80's, constantly destroyed by Isaiah's pistons and Bird's Celtics
>does well when Bird/Magic/Isiah retire and they get an all time defender in Pippen
>Dominates expansion league
"But LeBron plays the 76ers "
>>
Lebron is not better than Jordan but at least you can have the argument. But the people who were arguing that Curry was the next Jordan are fucking retarded.
>>
>>68563903
Yes,I know that rumors occur that he "killed" his father which is fucked up.

> but lebron had had a way better social life
I totally agree with you,Lebron has made no mistakes.Look he is the son of a single mother which is/was an ex junkie and was born into poornes and he made it big time.And considering his background he could have that "thug" behaviour and chimp out like many black athletes,instead he is a family man and an actual inspiration for many people.He came out of nothing.

BUT his social life or behaviour outside the Nba has nothing to do with his legacy.Jordan was addicted to winning,a notorious dickhead,who would probably sell his mother for winning,he never made the mistake of "the decision".

The "decision" is one of the major reasons Lebron probably will never be goat.I am not a Jordan/Kobe or any fan at all I just like to watch some good games,so I am not biased towards anyone or a team.The problem is what all plebs will say for the rest of theier lifes because of the decision:" jordan never left to bulls to make a super team"

I feel sorry for Lebron,Cleaveland is a horrible organisation and he had to leave that shit franchise.Jordan and Kobe had the luxury to get the Goat Coach and a super stacked team with another top 20 player.Lebron only got Wade and his knees exploded.From a neutral point of view I still don't understand why so many people blame him on the decision,Cleaveland was shit and is shit.
>>
>tfw id let lebron fuck my GF

if i had one
>>
>>68564361
>never made the playoffs
>chucked a ridiculous amount on a shitty team that didn't make the playoffs
>destroyed team chemistry in locker room and kwame brown's confidence
This is like saying Kevin Love is a 26/15 player because of his Minny days. Not saying he isn't a great scorer, he just won't average 40.
>>
>>68563576
>be LeBron, possibly the greatest non-ball hog player of all time
>super important moment
>do I take the shot, or pass the ball to the wide open, phenomenal 3 point shooter
>dipshits like you think he should have taken it
>>
>>68564375
Hand checking was a big deal. Why the hell do you think the nba got rid of it. Players hated it because stronger players were allowed to basically manhandle other players. Also zone helps hide shit defenders now. If you sucked at defense back ten, you couldn't play much. Guys like Nash and even Curry make a career out of hiding on defense. Cavs figured this out and are targeting Curry. In the 80's-90's Curry would have been fucked since hiding was much harder.
>>
>>68563746
Iverson crossed over everyone, bruh
>>
>>68564512
Hiding against who? The guard position wasn't as deep as it is now, curry would be fine. They even had a shorter three point line for a season in the 90s. Curry would dominate.
>>
>>68564008
>he ranks the beatles
>>
File: yz8FH5x.jpg (404 KB, 1200x1026) Image search: [Google]
yz8FH5x.jpg
404 KB, 1200x1026
>>68564418
>Thomas
>retired

He was 30 when the bull swept his Pistons....younger then Lebron right now. Also best Magic for his first title. Magic was 32, a year older then Lebron. Bird just had his career cut short because of that bad back of his.
>meanwhile Lebron has beaten like 8 teams in his 13 year career with more then 50 wins in the playoffs

Who played in the weaker era again?
>>
>>68564616
He has 10 now
>>
>>68562712

> Leading in "Everything"
> List does not include game wins or chip wins

Holy shit you can't make this up.
>>
>>68564555
>Thomas
>Magic
>Stockton
>Kevin Johnson
>Gary Payton
>Mark Jackson

All would have a field day against Steph.
>>
>>68564673
>american reading comprehension
>>
>>68564616
Magic was ending his prime and had gotten sicker, but still ate Jordan alive. IIRC it wasn't until Scottie switched on him that the series took a swing. It's not Brons fault he plays in the east lol. He just beat a 73 win team, for the third time in a row. Gary Payton nearly shut this guy down. LeBron is by far he better all around player, Jordan is a better pure scorer. Would rather have the guy who doesn't punch teammates in the face.
>>
>>68564650
Oh shit!

You know he has played more career playoff games then Jordan, and has beaten twice as few teams as he did with 50 wins. Jordan played in a far tougher east. This is fucking fact. Lebron is playing in one of the weakest eastern conference since decades.
>>
>>68564729
But you want the guy who will up and leave if he's not happy?
>>
>>68564707
I disagree. I think he'd hold his own. Curry gets hate but he's quicker and his handles are far superior than any of those guys, look at how Stockton dribbled ffs. Also one of the greatest shooters ever. I think GP would do well against curry though.
>>
>>68564765

The stats say east was weaker in Jordan's era

sorry chap
>>
>>68564802
Spent 7 years in a shitty organization that gave him no talent and took them to the finals in his 4th year in the league. Name one other guy on that 07 cavs team. Jordan was still getting booted out the first round
>>
>>68564815
Care to show these stats to back up your claim?

>s.....source?
>muh ass
>>
>>68564852
Weaker east as well.
Tell me a team Jordan had more talent then Lebron first year with the Heat? And he fucking lost to the damn Mavs for the title...the Mavs!
>>
If the Cavs lose but Lebron wins FMVP will it still be considered a choke?
>>
>>68564802
It happened once, and he was so guilty about it that he came back. MJ literally tried to quit the sport for good and only came back because he realized it was the only thing he was good at
>>
>>68564911
>Tell me a team Jordan had more talent then Lebron first year with the Heat?
Are you fucking retarded? How about the team that won 6 rings and had multiple GOAT role players?
>>
>>68564911
>Jordan
>Pippen
>Rodman
>Kukoc
>Kerr
>Harper
>Longley
That heat team had to start Joel Anthony a 6'9 fivehead as a center. Bron had to play 5 for quite a few long stretches. I mean Mario Chalmers was a starting point guard lol
>>
>>68564911
someone already said it, but jordan had pippen, who was at least as good as wade at that point. And the best rebounder in the league/one of the best defenders, and the greatest 3pt shooter of all time until this year, and the 6th man of the year winner
>>
>>68563182
>Stacked teams
He had Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman, and a bunch of mediocre role players.
Almost all of Lebron's teams have been more "stacked" than Jordan's.
>>
>>68565097
Pippen is nowhere near as good as Wade. People who say that are stupid.
>>
>>68565040
He didn't have Rodman for the 2nd 3 peat
>>
File: 1390485-9192-team-nba-photos.jpg (229 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
1390485-9192-team-nba-photos.jpg
229 KB, 640x390
>>68565040
>>68565097
>Jordan's first 3peat Bulls
>stacked
>>
>>68562712
Don't forget losses
>>
jordan couldnt even make the playoffs without pippen
>>
>>68565242
>made it his first 3 years
>Pippen didn't join the Bulls until 3 years after Jordan was drafted
>>
Lebron is the most complete player of all time. He can literally do everything. He can play 1-5, defend 1-5, he can drive, he can post, he can hit some jumpers, he can pass, he can rebound, he can just do everything.

That being said, Jordan is the GOAT and will probably always be.
>>
>>68565203
they weren't as deep as say the wariors but jordan, grant and pippen is an incredible big 3. probably all top 10 players during the three years. certainly all top 15 players.
>>
>>68565315
legod was hitting 3's, mid range jumpers, fadeaways, dunks, layups this game
>>
>>68565178
you mean the 1st
>>
>>68563591
I love LeBron and I will be ecstatic if he wins Sunday and better yet has a great performance like Game 7 vs Spurs(which a lot of people seem to forget) but LeBron disappeared the last 2 games of the Finals last year. He went from controlling the ball 99% of the time to his old passive non-assertive self. Same thing he did in Game 4. You never know if you're gonna get monster LeBron who knows his greatness or someone who looks like they're scared to shoot.
>>
>>68565315
Lebron can't play center you idiot and his jumper isn't good enough to be shooting guard
>>
>>68563576
>>68564497
not to mention most of the teams he's played against literally sell out and double or triple team him at the basket every play, plus refs are notorious for letting egregious contact go in the final seconds
>>
>>68565423
he had 32 pts in their last game last year

and that was after carrying them literally by himself (no kyrie, love, varejao, and a limited shumpert who is useless anyway) to 2 wins
>>
>>68565266
He also got wrecked well before the Finals, preserving your precious 6-0 meme
>>
>>68565435
He doesn't mean literally bud. Lineups during small ball can have Draymond/Livingston and Love/Bron at the 5. Also >shooting guard has to be a good shooter!
Wing players are positionless these days
>>
>>68562712
APOLOGIZE RIGHT FUCKING NOW
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZEAPOLOGIZE RIGHT FUCKING NOW
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE
APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE
>>
>>68565435
He actually plays center quite a bit, at least as much as PF.

>>68565423
It's easy to get discouraged when the entire other team focuses on you specifically on defense and your own players aren't willing or even able to pull some of the load themselves
>>
File: yes my king.jpg (56 KB, 599x546) Image search: [Google]
yes my king.jpg
56 KB, 599x546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2EcP269K0I

could a photoshop wizard update the pic with curry ?
>>
>>68565447
His stats are always good even in his bad games which is a testament to his greatness but he gave up on that game by half time and was moaning on the sidelines.
>>
>>68565508
he was fatigued from the aforementioned carrying
>>
>>68565203
horace grant criminally underrated. him, pippen and jordan were their big three. and they had goat coach. plus elite shooters.
>>
>>68565494
Fair point. He was on his own the whole series but he didn't play well either. Why he changed his gameplan so much that won them games they had no business winning to passing to these same d-league tier teammates who weren't making SHIT is and was mind boggling.
>>
>>68565538
i know hes built like a greek god and he looks and seems indestructible but he can get worn out
>>
>>68563182
This so much. Grandpas should GTFO.
>>
>>68562712
he better finish it off. i will be upset if not.

he's playing so good, I think he will.

lion is awake
>>
>>68565531
That has to be the reason because I just don't get it. But sorry, he can push himself for two more games.

>>68565555
But this isn't something that only happened in those games. It has been an issue with him his whole career and just happened in Game 4.
>>
File: 081512_Bynum-Sixers_400.jpg (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
081512_Bynum-Sixers_400.jpg
58 KB, 400x300
>>68564485

>canada
>>
>>68563182
>Medicore defender

not a big jordan fan and i agree he was a huge ballhog but his defense was elite
>>
>>68563561
>He averages the most points ever facing eliminations
>min. 5 games
>Had to be on the verge of elimination 5 times to qualify for this stat
>Most of his "elimination games" he faded or was near invisible in the 4th QTR

Its nice that they are changing the narrative on him being a choker, and we haven't hear the good ole "if you gave lebron a dollar and asked for change he'd give you 3 quarters" joke recently.
>>
>>68564815
Anyone care to donate to a gofundme page so I can fly across the pacific and slap this cracker?
>>
>>68565661
in order to not be eligible for that stat (min 5 elimination games) it means that they either win it all literally every year or miss the playoffs 90% of the time
>>
>>68563576
So Jordan shouldn't get credit for championships because Kerr hit some game winning shots?

Fucking end yourself
>>
File: we are all witnessess.jpg (185 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
we are all witnessess.jpg
185 KB, 852x640
>>68564616

At least post the real version you twerp.
>>
>>68563576
Utah pls
>>
>>68562712
I'm so sorry for doubting you LeGod
>>
>>68565435
i'd take lebron at center over probably every center in the league but a handful.
>>
File: 1225826123324.jpg (9 KB, 220x251) Image search: [Google]
1225826123324.jpg
9 KB, 220x251
>>68563182

>Medicore defender

Is wikipedia inaccessible for kids under the age of 18? This nigga averaged 35 ppgs AND got DPOY. The defining play of his career came off a steal he made.
>>
>>68565538
Why don't people understand how defense works?
>to passing to these same d-league tier teammates who weren't making SHIT
Are you even watching the game? Do you ever notice how when LeBron gets the ball anywhere near the basket another player always shades over to double him? The defense is devoting multiple players to stop LeBron, and last year they did it basically every time he touched the ball. He could be a literal combination of Shaq, Kareem, Jordan, whoever you want, but he can't consistently score the ball against multiple defenders draped over him.

It's the same thing the Cavs do to Steph Curry. Get the ball out of his hands around his hot spots and force his teammates to make plays.

It really shouldn't be that hard to understand. One man literally cannot carry a team by himself.
>>
>>68565162
we've got an NBA talent assessment virtuoso here.
>>
>>68565698
Quick question, how many of Lebron's elimination games have you personally watched? He can average whatever he wants, but the Narrative about him up until his last year with Miami was that he disappears in the 4th QTR, you know, when it actually matters. That is why that stat is so misleading. I will in no way attempt to discredit what he has done in the Finals the last two years, because he literally put the Cavs on his back, but you never heard people say Jordan, Wilt, Kareem, AI, ect. disappear in the 4th QTR to the point where that becomes a legitimate talking point for a significant part of your career.
>>
>>68562712
>Michelle Jordan
>Stephanie Curry
>>
>>68565203
>someone points out how good the 2nd 3-peat team was
>post the first 3-peat team as an attempt to mock it

you're retarded I guess, m8
>>
>>68565831
all of those players are retired and we only hear about how great they were
>>
>>68565831
people absolutely talked about Wilt like that.
>>
>>68562712
literally the goat. he has the higest per of all time in the finals at 35
>>
>>68565855
This

When some current 5 year old is GOATing up the league in 20 years you guys will piss and moan about never seeing another Lebron
>>
>>68562712
>Points: 181
>18-1
>>
>>68565932
It's like pottery
>>
>>68563682
>I dare you to count how many times he threw some half-assed passed to avoid getting blocked on a shot, only to have his team forced to take a low percent shot with 3-4 seconds left on the clock.

this is the exact same kind of shit LeBron does. Everyone conveniently forgets that Jordan was a ridiculous cry baby. He was always barking and bitching at the refs, crying for calls. He's lucky Sportscenter was nothing yet and social media non existent, he would be hated and reviled in todays world of 24/7 constant coverage.
>>
>>68563599
>semi good at another sport

nigger Jordan was TRASH at baseball, couldn't even come close to getting out of the farm leagues. And the only reason he got in in the first place because his name is Michael Jordan. He puts asses in the seats regardless of whether or not he has talent. Which he didn't.
>>
That's the best he can do? The GSW Minus the first two games couldn't even touch this dude on the shoulder without getting a whistle.

He's a joke. Needs the refs to carry him just so his legacy isn't tarnished. No way in hell this garbage ass team that is actually worse than last year (Kevin love is trash and Delly was a beast last year) is currently 3-3 with the best team (Record wise) in the league without the help of the refs.

I'm a mavs fan by the way. So no, I don't dick ride the GSW.
>>
>>68565819
He literally carried the team by himself in their wins that series.
>>
>>68565831
People always talked about Wilt disappearing in the 4th, where do you think the term "wilting" came from? And Kareem was regularly lambasted for half assing it on defense. Not to mention after he left Milwaukee his Bucks teams got destroyed until Magic showed up.
>>
>>68566058
>couldn't even touch this dude on the shoulder without getting a whistle

LOL LeBron hasn't taken more than 8 FTs in a single game so far in the Finals. Usually when someone is getting carried by the refs they have 15-25 FTs.
>>
>>68563984
Current era has no hand-checking. Jordan did not play in an era when sub-0.500 teams could make the playoffs; he played in an era when the Eastern Conference was the toughest conference.

Jordan is the only player in NBA history, other than Wilt Chamberlain, to score more than 3,000 points in a season. Jordan has the highest scoring average for an NBA Finals.

Being that you've never seen Jordan play in his prime (his first three championships), you should just stop making shit up. You have no point of reference to make any sort of comments about the quality of today's players to players of the past.
>>
>>68566172
That Suns team was trash. LeBron has the 2nd highest scoring average in the Finals.

Don't worry, any retard could tell you that LeBron will never be Jordan. He'll be LeBron instead. Why would anyone want him to be Jordan anyway? How fucking boring and mindless could you be?
>>
>>68564168
Michael Jordan's talent was so great that he (and Tex Winter and Phil Jackson) re-invented the way NBA teams are built.

It used to be that you built a team from the inside out. That is, you have to have a dominant center first and surround him with a supporting cast to vie for a championship.

Jordan's teams were built from the outside in. An outside shooter was the most important person on the team and the supplementary players were the big guys.

But beyond that, Jordan had a first-class post game. You only need to see his highly against the NY Knicks when he was:

1. Guarded by Starks
2. Doubled with Oakley
3. Dribbled out toward the three point line on the baseline while the two defenders followed him
4. Quickly reverse direction and slipped past both defenders as he accelerated toward the basket
5. Ewing goes to defend but
6. Is too late as Jordan had already leapt and ended up dunking on Ewing.

How people in NBA history could do the above against an elite defense?
>>
>>68562712
to people who hate lebrton, why? seriously?
>>
>>68564323
Jordan averaged over 30 points a game with hand-checking, in an era with lower scoring.

Jordan in his prime would come close to 40 ppg if not exceed it in this era.
>>
>>68566280
it seems to be mostly because he has a big ego

as if they wouldn't if they were in the same situation where he was hyped up as the next GOAT since he was in high school
>>
>>68564418
Canada, please stick to talking about ice fight. You obviously know nothing about basketball.
>>
>>68566304
>Sports Illustrated and ESPN crown him KING JAMES while he is just a sophomore
>everyone bitches for the rest of forever about his ego and calling him dubbing himself King James
>including the sports media

it's like sharks chumming their own frenzy
>>
>>68566326
The game was invented here fool. Feel free to educate me on Gay Clubs though
>>
>>68566304
for someone whos been hyped since 14 he has been in ZERO scandals, loyal family man, nice personality, not selfish like every other nba star. the only thing is the decision but that was espn forcing him so i dont hold it against him.
>>
betas still gonna hate though. best athlete in nba history. best all arounder too. stay mad and stay jelly.

MJ might be best winner but not best all arounder.
>>
>>68566381

>Lebron is a better all arounder than Hakeem
>>
>>68566326
Same thing comes to my mind when I see 'muricans talking about "soccer", like they know what are they talking about.. Especially on Euro2016 games..
>>
>>68566342
No, it was invented by a Canadian emigre in the U.S. I won't guess at the reasons why Naismith left Canada but basketball is an American game.

And no one has ever feared the Canadian national basketball team. Canadian hockey? Sure, you guys are players. But you're not even on th map when it comes to basketball.
>>
>>68566453
That ain't me. I'm like most Americans (and most don't post here) who don't give a damn about soccer. In fact, I might enjoy soccer if the U.S. were total shit (we're just plain shit right now) and was somehow just good enough to play spoiler against the good teams.
>>
>2011
>This board absolutely despises him calling him a fake fraud wannabe jordan traitor cunt

>2016
>BASED LEBRAWN DO IT FOR DA LAND

I wonder if it's the same people, or the old generation of posters left this cesspool and I got left behind.
>>
>>68566430
>Implying Hakeem could even bring the ball up the court or hit a cutting Tristan Thompson after beating his man off the dribble from the three point line.
GTFO Kenny Smith
>>
>>68566563
it doesn't matter if lebron wins or loses tomorrow, /sp/ will shitpost for or against him
it has never mattered to /sp/ if lebron wins or loses, the only thing that matters to /sp/ is shitposting
>>
File: 1337906219495.jpg (32 KB, 600x557) Image search: [Google]
1337906219495.jpg
32 KB, 600x557
>>68566563
It changed in 2012 when he finally won
>>
>>68565831
Have you ever fucking watched Airplane
>>
>>68566563
its called growing up fagboy. lebron is proving why hes the goat and just trying to win one for da land against the cancer of the nba. also hes the underdog this time
>>
>>68566563
Im the same person. he wasnt very likable 5 years ago especially after the not 1 not 2 not 3 shit.
Now you have the meme team of the century full of arrogant assholes its only normal for most people to root against them
>>
>>68566172
Kareem had a 3,000 point season
>>
>>68566268
Larry, Julius, Drexler... Iverson. That's all I've got, senpai.
>>
>>68566630

>Growing up

He was still a great player in 2011, not that much has changed other than the fact that all this proves is that this board's collective hivemind is to always be against the mainstream regardless of whether they're right or not. I bet if I'm here in 2020 you'll all be suckling Curry's nuts.
>>
>>68566563
i was saying he was gonna be the GOAT back then too.

wade getting injured really derailed his path to 6 rings. fuck,
>>
>>68566563
i hated lebron when i was bandwagoning but now that i follow the sport more and actually became knowledgable i learned to appreciate him.

i think this is the case with many people. hating lebron is a way casuals enter the league to get pumped then they slowly respect him and finally have some admiration for him. he's a great player to have in the league
>>
DUDE DRIVE TO THE BASKET GET """"""FOULED"""""" IF ANYONE BREATHES ON YOU MAKING THEM BASICALLY JUST ALLOWING YOU TO TAKE LAY UPS FROM THAT POINT ON CAUSE THEYRE AFRAID TO GET FOULED OUT LMAO

Games where has his jumper, OK, I respect that 100%. But most of the time it's apecharge
>>
>>68566654
he was still very arrogant and cocky and unlikeable at that time. also dirk and the mavs were the perfect loveable underdogs to root for. after that loss he really humbled down and most people have been rooting for him since
>>
>>68566563

4chan has changed.

Remember when the boards actually despised moralfags?
>>
>>68566172
>Jordan did not play in an era when sub-0.500 teams could make the playoffs;

Just like that year Jordan led the bulls into the playoffs with only 30 wins?
>>
>>68566706
That was /b/
>>
>>68566268
Lmao just because you saw a video where Jordan dunked on Ewing doesn't warrant a play by play. LeBron routinely dunks from a step inside the free throw line in game. He's a mutant. Jordan never had the court vision Bron does, huge ball hog.
>>
>>68562882
Jerry West is the only player to do so, but he did it when it was the very first finals MVP trophy given so it's possible, just very very unprobable
>>
>>68564723
Hi Belize
>>
>>68566706

I want to remember a time when I didn't know this place existed.
>>
>>68566563
that's because he won two rings

once you retards could no longer spout
>how he king with no ring
any longer you all commit suicide with the rest scrounging for advanced stat memes to hate on him with such as
>hurrrr 2-5
sorry but you're mental gymnastics and autism doesn't have the same 'ring' to it
>>
>that one faggot that always has to compare James to Jordan and start the 843rd shitposting war in what could've been a decent thread
Look, Jordan was GOAT in his era, like Bird, James and Bryant are in their era's. End of discussion.
>>
I've never understood the anti-boner most people have for Lebron. Amazing basketball talent and he seems like a good person off the court.
>>
>>68566881
>you're mental gymnastics and autism doesn't
>you're
>>
>>68567060
>autism
>>
>>68566563

curry is the new lebron
>>
>>68565469
By some of the greatest teams in nba history. Lebron got beat by the fucking Dwight Howard led Magic!
>>
>>68565537
Grant was a good player, but let's not go crazy here. He was basically a better offensive version of Tristan Thompson. He isn't even a top 200 player in league history. Very good role player, and the type of player most title teams need. But he was hardly what I would call elite.
>>
>>68567532
>He was basically a better offensive version of Tristan Thompson
and a better defender

give TT a better post game and better defense and the cavs have a big 4
>>
>>68566208
>the 93 Suns were trash
>mvp Charles Barkley
>a top 20 nba player
>Kevin Johnson who is basically a smarter version of Westbrook
>Danny Ainge
>Tom chambers

If that team played now, they would be a 65 win team.
>>
>>68566724
>Jordan
>ball hog
>Lebron isn't
>Lebron career average of 7 assist a game
>Jordan career average 6 assist a game
Mind you Jordan was never the Bulls primary ball handler unlike Lebron has been his entire career. Also the 9ne year Jordan did play pg for the bulls, he fell just short of averaging a triple double for an entire season.
>>
jordan was not beating the 07 spurs with the roster the cavs had. don't be delusional. the 14 spurs and 15 warriors are also all time great teams that are better than any team jordan faced. the only knock on lebron is 2011 where he actually did choke
>>
>>68563599
Jordan missed the playoffs many seasons, that's just as bad as losing int he playoffs. He didn't even make it
>>
>>68567623
Barkley would get straight bodied by any center on the sixer's right now

Fuck that nigga
>>
File: 1446368825012.jpg (193 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
1446368825012.jpg
193 KB, 1024x763
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM_eCnTNt1Q

IMO there's no sense in comparing players pre-2001 to post-2001. It's not even the same game.
>>
>>68567873
This just means if anything, Lebron back in the day of 1v1 match ups constantly would just dominate in a way jordan never could?
>>
They changed the rules to try to slow Wilt down.

They changed the rules to make Jordan better.

And people still claim that Jordan is the GOAT.
>>
>>68567739
worse, Jordan took a year off and the Bulls made the playoffs anyway.

LeBron left the Cavs and they won 16 games.

No comparison.
>>
>>68566881
KD's fucking wingspan
If that nigga flapped hard enough he could end up in orbit
>>
>>68567873
>tfw I recently watched a porn with two big women on a small guy and couldn't get this picture out of my mind the entire time

Didn't even fap, fuck you /sp/.
>>
>>68567873
thanks for sharing

this proves it for me, lebron is without a doubt the greatest athlete and nba player of all time
>>
>>68564008
The fact that
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 1152x2048
durant for klove and the next 10 years straight' draft picks

who says no? durant is leaving anyways, so they might as well try and get something for it
>>
>>68567789
Barkley was a PF. A dominant 6'5 inch PF.
Speaks volumes when a short fat PF was as good as he was. Dude was fucking talented.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.