[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best Euros ever? fifafags who want every game to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: platini.jpg (25 KB, 360x466) Image search: [Google]
platini.jpg
25 KB, 360x466
Is this the best Euros ever? fifafags who want every game to be 4-3 pls go

Every single game has been close. Teams that won by 2 goals only scored their second in the dying minutes.
Great atmospheres
Big rivalry games
last minute winners
red cards
penalties
blooters
underdogs doing well
no dead rubber games
refereeing has been above average and games have been fair
good honest football

The last Euros that was this good was 96

Now we just need to see some higher quality stuff which I'm sure will come in the knockout stages. wind your neck in Negative Nigel
>>
Poland won a game for the first time in Euro history so yes
>>
Is everyone here over 30, I'm 26 and I barely remember '96.

Also yes I have enjoyed this year so far, blowouts are boring.
>>
The first round of the group stage is barely over and people are complaining.
>>
>>68546747
I'm loving it, also like 30% of goals came in the 75+ minute range so im loving these buzzerbeater anyone can win it at the last moment tier games
>>
I love the fact that the weak teams on paper are strong enough to win it against bigger teams on paper.

Every game could go either way, so many 89-90+3 minute goals deciding the games, it's great.
>>
agree with all
but I saw too many wasted chances, I think that's the only flaw
>>
So far the Euro has been great, I expect it to get even better in the elimination rounds.
Memes will be born there.
>>
The euros is usually a good tournament but yeah so far it's really good. I've been pleasantly surprised by smaller teams playing well.

Also I agree, 96 was amazing.
>>
euro 2000 was the GOAT
>>
it's just bitter old big nations angry because they cant beat the small nations

this tournament is perfect for wales, hungary, iceland, scotland etc who have 0 chance of ever qualifying for a world cup due to the horribly unfair qualifying
>>
No, awful tournament, your 4-3 argument is lacking because the average is usually 2.5 so way under.
There's been one comeback so far.
I don't think any EURO will come lose to 2008 anytime soon, the first big tournament on /sp/
>>
Euro 2000 > Euro 2008 > Euro 2004 > Euro 2012 > Euro 2016 so far
>>
>>68547866
>>68547877
Checked
>>
>>68547866
>I don't think any EURO will come lose to 2008 anytime soon, the first big tournament on /sp/
Turkey 2008 would break /sp/ today
>>
>>68547853
lel
>>
>>68546747
It's a good Euro, but far from being the best, it has to potential to be great for sure.
>>
File: portugalkek.png (349 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
portugalkek.png
349 KB, 625x350
>>68547877
>>
it's been decent. a lot of talk was made about the new 24 team format, but the smaller times have justified their place in the competition so far.
>>
If Poland had won today, it'd be better.

Not that I care about either teams but Germany is sooo boring. Only next to Spain .
>>
I agree.
It's interesting if you're not a retard,
>>
>>68546747
>Is this the best Euros ever?
No. It's quite shit.

Too many shit teams who shouldn't have made it to the Euros. Too many shit teams who can only park the bus.

Increasing the Euros to 24 teams was a mistake.
>>
File: Mark-KNOPFLER-001.jpg (66 KB, 460x691) Image search: [Google]
Mark-KNOPFLER-001.jpg
66 KB, 460x691
1996 were great, then again 1992 when Denmark (brought to the game instead of dying Yougoslavia) pulled it off were fantastic as well

I will never get over 24 extension, no fuckin way, decline as fuck
>>
File: mark_knopfler.jpg (703 KB, 2718x2034) Image search: [Google]
mark_knopfler.jpg
703 KB, 2718x2034
>>68548438
>Posting picture of GOAT guitarist
You're all right, m8.
>>
>>68546747
There hasn't been 1 (one) game of the 18 so far where more than 3 goals have been scored. Not a single team has scored 3 goals in a game yet.

I challenge ANYONE to find a World Cup or Euros where this has ever happened before.

>18 games in, no more than 3 goals in any game
>>
>>68548536
2010 world cup where they were moaning about the ball?
>>
>>68548536
Do what? Id rather watch competitive games than spankings
>>
File: yeah_baby.jpg (13 KB, 420x200) Image search: [Google]
yeah_baby.jpg
13 KB, 420x200
>>68548604
2010 was when Schweinstyler was born.
>>
>>68548678
The only reason you say that is because England are always at the receiving end of spankings at big tournaments.
>>
>>68548536

meanwhile in the copa america

4-0
4-0
7-1
3-0
3-0
5-0

only filthy casuals want to see that shit
>>
File: Maldini.jpg (24 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Maldini.jpg
24 KB, 630x420
>>68546747

This. It's not the fuckfest of goals that Brazil '14 was but it's still very pleasant to watch. I think that we are watching what can trully be called european football. Each team has it's specificities, but they play by the same standards, and that's probably what makes the games so tensed.
Atm I wouldn't be able to predict a clear winner, there's at least 4 countries with good chances, in my book.
>>
>>68548604
Nope. We got a '4 goal' game in the 8th game and plenty after that. And World Cup 2010 is widely accepted as a shit, boring tournament.
>>
>>68548678
I'm not asking for 8-0s. We've not had 3-0, a 3-1 or even a 2-2 yet. I think we can all agree that those are pretty common scores.
>>
>>68546894
>but I saw too many wasted chances, I think that's the only flaw
It's been the common theme (especially on our side), but not much can be done about it considering national teams are red-headed step children compared to clubs these days. They don't get the cohesion they need.
>>
>>68548896

From frog to frog, do you think that the fact that our NT only played on a roofed field during the 4 days between Romania and Albania is why they were so unprecise and overall missed a lot of opportunities?

> Captcha: Select grassfields

My point exactly
>>
>>68548740

Italy, France, Germany, Spain?

It's funny how it always seems like the underdogs and dark horses are going to do something but in the end the big guns usually make the final
>>
>>68548814

>I think we can all agree that those are pretty common scores

you probably shouldn't bet on football
>>
File: Breaks my heart every time.jpg (58 KB, 940x640) Image search: [Google]
Breaks my heart every time.jpg
58 KB, 940x640
>>68549084

Exactly, even if maybe not in that order.

> but in the end the big guns usually make the final

Maybe because the underdogs are parking the bus when they're playing against big teams which gives a false impression of their actual level when they have to play the offensive. Not true for all teams though, Poland displayed a great football tonight.

Once these teams (who play that way only in order to qualify for the knockouts, and that's not an insult, they're doing a great job at it), will be eliminated, big guns will play the "champagne football" we all like, and the shitposting, as always will be glorious.

I just can't wait.
>>
>>68548985
>From frog to frog, do you think that the fact that our NT only played on a roofed field during the 4 days between Romania and Albania is why they were so unprecise and overall missed a lot of opportunities?
I've heard the fields where humid and our players didn't have proper studs. There sure was a lot of sliding. Plus the field of Marseille is notoriously shitty.

But in doubt, I'd rather assume the players have problems coordinating passes. I can't just blame the grass.

>>68549084
>It's funny how it always seems like the underdogs and dark horses are going to do something but in the end the big guns usually make the final
They aren't big guns for nothing. "Smaller" teams just tend to burn faster, because they have a smaller bench, less tactical options, less tournament experience etc. It's not just raw talent and price tags.
>>
File: Absolument interdit.png (2 MB, 968x1298) Image search: [Google]
Absolument interdit.png
2 MB, 968x1298
>>68549300
>I've heard the fields where humid

I did too, the studs thing would explain why the Albanians slided quite less.

Any intel on a possible field reamplacement / healing? I mean we can't play semi-finals on such a shitty grass can we?

> Tfw Lens only had to swap synthetic grass panels
>>
The thing about the Euros is that it is impossible to predict whos gonna win. In 2014 everyone knew that Germany was gonna win it, in 2008 and 2010 it was Spain and in 2012 it was between Spain and Germany.
This year we have no big team playing according to their status ( maybe only Italy) and even outsiders could do a major surprise this year.
A bit more goals would be welcome, though.
>>
>>68549888
What outsider could take the trophy home?

I can't see a winner that isn't Germany/Spain/Italy/France desu
>>
>>68549977
Croatia.
>>
>>68549888
>>68549977
>>68550011

Checked
>>
Aside from the pitches being slippy as fuck and the predominantly defensive football I'm enjoying it, missed my first 2 games today though
>>
No, and not just because my flag.

Because of the possible 3th spot going through, smaller teams can go for a draw, resulting in every match the smaller team parking the bus and against the good ones they concede in the last minutes.

almost every match.
>>
>>68549387
>Any intel on a possible field reamplacement / healing? I mean we can't play semi-finals on such a shitty grass can we?
Just hope we play in Paris.
>>
>>68550197
This, the 3rd spot is killing it, it encourages parking the bus.
>>
>>68546747
I agree with you OP but
>refereeing has been above average
lmao wtf
>>
I found myself getting nervous for France yesterday and then cheering when Griezmann scored.......and I don't even fucking like France
>>
>>68550490
honestly have we had any controversial calls yet?
>>
File: Freedy faux 4L.jpg (26 KB, 657x358) Image search: [Google]
Freedy faux 4L.jpg
26 KB, 657x358
>>68550683

Well arguably the Vardy goal, and a penal to be granted to Russia against England.

Just off the top of my head. But even these are very disputable.

All in all I think that all my fellow frogmates in here will agree that it still is the best refeering these stadiums have ever seen.

Looking at you Freddy "I'm the MVP" Fautrel.
>>
>>68550812
vardy goal was onside i thought
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.