[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Germany play without a real striker? t. clueless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1461881625001.jpg (13 KB, 196x223) Image search: [Google]
1461881625001.jpg
13 KB, 196x223
Why do Germany play without a real striker?

t. clueless
>>
>>68545775
they spend the last few generations obsessed with passing so now they have an endless supply of midfielders but no strikers, classic striker play has been all but forgotten in europe which is why the best strikers are all former poor kids from south america whose creativity wasnt stifled by some asshole forcing them to pass it sideways their entire youth
>>
>who is Thomas Müller
>>
>>68545921
A midfielder
>>
löw has a sexual relationship with götze so he gets to cuck gomez
>>
Gomez is literally the only striker we have. And Gomez ... is Gomez.
>>
>>68546345
>turkish top scorer with a good track record for germany
>gomez is gomez lol ^^ XD
>>
>>68546373
>turkish top scorer
>>
>>68546417
t. country calling up someone playing in mexico
>>
>>68545775
Because noone wants to play like England, and even we only pretend to have a number 9
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 240x144
Germany, how do you plan on getting through the Italian defence when you can't even score against fucking Poland?

Gotze vs Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli and Gigi Buffon with Conte as coach

RIP
>>
>>68546373
>turkish top scorer
great he scored in the retirement league together with van Persie and Eto'o
>>
>>68546490
yes lol let's play a midfielder who has been injuried or on the bench literally the entire year up front instead XDXD
go germany ^^
>>
File: 1418089101157.png (119 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1418089101157.png
119 KB, 359x291
Why did the Germans spend 10 years developing fancy pants midfielders instead of proper strikers? They are turning into Brazil. Literally, where are your strikers?!
>>
Check your striker privilege, you shitlord.
>>
>>68545869
Spot on
>>
>>68546479
We wont. Plain and simple we can't beat italy
>>
Because just like Löw was too clever to play Lahm at RB until literally forced to by injuries, he's too clever to need a real striker.
>>
>>68545775
They have no good strikers so they're playing a midfielder there instead.

I'll have to see a replay but on the first viewing it seemed like the idea was to have Ozil move to the wings (he had almost no touches in the standard #10 areas), Gotze dropping back to fill up the space vacated by Ozil (and hopefully drawing a CB out of position) and then using the extra midfield creativity to pick out inside runs by Muller.

It makes some sense on paper (Spain was doing something remotely similar with Pedro on the wing and Fabregas as a striker in 2012) but Gotze is just pure dogshit
>>
If they insist on using a false 9
a) why the fuck are they using Gotze instead of Muller?
b) why are they playing a 4-2-3-1?

It could work if they played 3 in midfield, Ozil wide right, Draxler/Gotze wide left, Muller centre dropping deep and 3 in midfield in a 4-3-3

--------------------- Neuer ---------------------

Howedes - Boateng - Mustafi - Hector

-------------------- Khedira --------------------
---------- Kroos ------ Schweini/Can ----

Ozil ------------ Muller -------- Drax/Gotze

Am I wrong Deutchbros? The lineup right now is retard tier, I think.
>>
>>68551875
Ozil is largely wasted on the wing, and I don't recall Muller ever playing as a false 9, every time he's up front he looks like a classic striker.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.