[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup with this tournament anyway?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: le cheeky last minute goal.png (3 KB, 212x55) Image search: [Google]
le cheeky last minute goal.png
3 KB, 212x55
Sup with this tournament anyway?
>>
>no 90+10'
is europe even trying?
>>
>>68536498
chilean refball doesn't count
>>
Too many teams trying to see the game out but tiredness gets them in the end
>>
>>68536460
Scripted
>>
didn't payet do it twice

and you forgot girpoo
>>
>>68536460

I see what you mean

I put it down to every team playing cautiously and defensively, which is understandable since it's such a big occasion, a huge opportunity for the new smaller teams that have qualified, and the big teams are trying to avoid embarrassing defeats to minnows

So every game is basically just grinding down the defence for 90 minutes and then bungling in a scrappy one in injury time
>>
small teams parking the bus and failing because only elite teams know how to park the bus properly
>>
File: ghouls.png (16 KB, 618x256) Image search: [Google]
ghouls.png
16 KB, 618x256
>lazy players just waiting for the halftime whistle
>>
Sounds like shit physio
>>
>>68536604
45+ are almost never a thing since there's so little injury time.
>>
>>68536595

This. Un-ironically this.
>>
>>68536595
>>68536661

They just get tired out in the last few minutes mate because they're run ragged
>>
>>68536460
Defensive football has been incentivised with the extension of the tournament and the bullshit 3rd place qualifying system. Why should smaller teams try and win games when drawing will see them through? We're getting late goals because it's only at the end of games when losing teams are forced to show some urgency.
>>
File: WC Goals time graph.jpg (152 KB, 961x596) Image search: [Google]
WC Goals time graph.jpg
152 KB, 961x596
>>68536642

true
>>
>>68536460

17 games played
6 goals scored in 90+
4 minutes+ average
32 goals scored

4/94*100 = 4.25% (% of the match which is the final extra time)

so you'd expect 32*0.0425 = 1.36 goals to be scored in extra time in the 2nd half

we've had 4x as many expected goals scored in extra time so far, spooky, but probably not statistically crazy.
>>
>>68537032

>implying normal distribution of goals
>>
>>68537267

well yes thats the point you mug, the evidence suggests it isnt in this tournament. But i'd say generally in football goals tend to be normally distributed? Ive never heard anything to the contrary
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.