[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy literally inspired me to start playing football/soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: adu.jpg (46 KB, 745x565) Image search: [Google]
adu.jpg
46 KB, 745x565
This guy literally inspired me to start playing football/soccer as a kid. What went so wrong? The coaches?
>>
he was about 35 but his contract said he was 12
>>
>>68529400
This.

Pretty sure he's unironically like 43 right now claiming to be late 20's
>>
>>68529146
his idgaf attitude, bad professional... i followed his career since his appearance on cm4
>>
Nike used him to corrupt the minds of young Americans and sell them shit. It worked.
>>
>>68529146
Nothing went wrong. He was just never that good in the first place.

Just like every other American football "wonderkid".

Juan Agudelo, Brek Shea, Julian Green, Gedion Zelalem, the list goes on.

None of them are as good as the American media makes them out to be because the American media has low standards.
>>
>>68530491
How is that different from literally every other Nike shill?
>>
>>68529146
He was overhyped and didn't live up to his promise.

One might say that in reality his career amounted to much Adu about nothing.
>>
>>68531230

5/10 pun
>>
Just your typical black footballer pretending to be younger to get dominate actual youths and get hype.
Usually they don't get away with it but since America was still clueless about football they fell for it.
>>
>>68529146
>soccer
kys
>>
>>68531472
people do that in youth baseball all the time and they always get outed. what was different here?
>>
>>68531578
Maybe he became too big too fast and people just decide to let it slide, for the sake of the US sawker image and ad money? I don't know.
Also didn't he leave the US pretty quickly to go to Europe? They probably didn't bother checking something as trivial as date of birth when you're buying a player form a nation as developed as the US.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.