[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest thoughts on this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: Wayne-Rooney-009.jpg (592 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
Wayne-Rooney-009.jpg
592 KB, 2060x1236
Honest thoughts on this man?
>>
>>68518300
Gets too much shit. He might have lost his explosiveness by getting older, but he absolutely bossed in midfield against Russia.
>>
>>68518300
has-been, needs dropped and a shite captain
>>
>>68518300
The fire crackles as the children gasp in awe. Snow begins to fall outside the window the your tale comes to an end, but the youngsters are still thirsty for more. 'Tell us about the two he scored against Andorra again Grandpapa' one child begs. 'No, no! The legendary brace vs Kazakhstan!' implores another. The oldest boy pipes up. 'Be quiet you two, Grandad tells those ones all the time. Go on, tell us the one you promised us last time - the penalty vs Slovenia...Grandad..G-Grandad?'
The rocking chair creaks to a halt. A serene expression is on your face and all of Rooney's goals flash before your eyes in your final moments as the children embrace you. His one World Cup goal, The legendary double in Minsk. That tap in against Liechenstien. they know whats happening and are scared, but calm.
The last thing you hear as you slide into the black warmth of death is the youngest boy - old beyond his years, a football fanatic who spends every free moment outside kicking his battered leather ball against the wall 'Dont be sad, he lived a hell of a life...in the age of Rooney.'
>>
C H A D
H
A
D
>>
people hate him becus he looks like shrek and cant speak
>>
>>68518300
slightly overrated but still a great player
>>
>>68518300
gypsy cunt
>>
>>68518300
Would've been a terrific player if he'd gone to italy or spain in his prime. But he can't even speak one language let alone 2 so never you mind that.
>>
I see several parallelisms between Rooney's and Raul González's professional careers. It is kind of sad the amount of hatred he gets on this board.
>>
Most of his goals are against the likes of San Marino.
>>
>>68518300
Never lived up to his early hype and expectation, but still, when people look back, he'll be remembered as a very good player.

I think Ferguson coached his explosive nature out of him, which whilst making him more of a more rounded player, stifled him a bit in all honesty.
>>
>>68518300
he was better when he was angry
>>
>>68518300

The English Kobe Bryant

Plays for marquee club team
Decent player, but not worthy of the media hype

Often makes the teams around him worse because managers are pressured by the media to go through him
>>
>>68518431
ok boss, but what about his goals for united & everton?
>>
Great all around player, he's at least 3 seasons late in converting to a midfielder though.
>>
>>68518590
against norwich and leeds
>>
He's a good quality footballer. One of very few in both his club and his national team - that the supporters of both United and England whine about him makes me think neither deserve him. He is very underrated at the moment, but he never had the potential some thought he had when he came through either. Classical british behaviour, we can see the same with Alli, Rashford and so on right now.
>>
>>68518300
Well shit
>>
>>68518300
9/10
>>
>>68518378
Gonzalez's downfall wasn't as bad, but you're right about their early potential then never peeking right. I blame Real supplying too many other attackers.
>>
Top drawer quality player. Unselfish team player who can play anywhere.
Should have gone to Real when he had the chance to become a truly world class forward and polish off the rough edges.
>>
>>68519035
Barca*
>>
>>68519065
Real or Barca would have been equally as good for him.
>>
>>68518300
Ugly bastard.
>>
>>68518300
Best Irish player in England.
>>
i think he is really good
>>
>>68519035
>to become a truly world class forward
WTF? He should have joined Liverpool to do that.

Liverpool is the club to join to become the best you can be as a striker.
>>
>>68518300
Takes a lot of flak, sometimes too much, as if he was the biggest part of the problem while he clearly isn't.
>>
>>68518300

let ronaldo complete overshadow him when he was in his prime and didnt even mind.. classic team player and good guy
i think these days people forget how good rooney was a few years ago and its a shame that he seemingly quickly lost his better attributes.. 30 isnt old but being forced to play a deeper position just to get to play is pretty shitty for that age
>>
They say he is a legend
>>
>>68518300
SOMEBODY
>>
>>68519373
WAKE
>>
Has anyone got the 'Age of Rooney' copypasta by based Nippon
>>
>>68519405

it's already been posted numbnuts
>>
A good player around 12 years ago when he was a teenager, developed early and looked like he could become a world class player.
Struggled to progress from a wonderkid to a top tier player and stagnated as an reasonably good premier league player. He generally made his name as a bully boy player in the premier league who excelled against weaker teams and struggled in the bigger games. He notoriously failed to deliver in the champions league and international tournaments throughout his career which showed his limitations at the highest level.
Because of his early development he seemed to peak in his mid twenties and has been in decline for a few seasons now.
His demotion to the less demanding role of a central midfielder in a midfield 3 which already covers the requirements of abrasive defensive tackler and creative playmaker is symptomatic of the problems in European soccer and England especially as it's most likely a retention position to fulfill sponsorship obligations rather than on merit.

I'd suspect he'll wind up in an emerging league looking for a marquee name within the next 2 years.
>>
very decent player, that could have been a Klose, but everyone wanted him to be a Pelé, so he became neither
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.