[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some savage boxing brawls. What's the best you seen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: gatti-ward.jpg (77 KB, 666x444) Image search: [Google]
gatti-ward.jpg
77 KB, 666x444
Looking for some savage boxing brawls. What's the best you seen?
>>
Some that come to mind
Ali vs. Frazier 3
Foreman vs. Lyle
Leonard vs. Hearns
>>
Morales Pacquiao I, II
Morales Barerra I, II, III
Gatti Ward I
Ortiz Maidana
>>
Huck vs Głowacki
>>
Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez
Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo
Wilfredo Gomez vs Lupe Pintor
just recently Francisco Vargas vs Orlando Salido

>>68518082
I thought that was a shit fight 2bh
>>
Golota vs. Bowe I and II
>>
>>68518456
Lol Gołota went full retard in that fight.
>>
>>68518687
He was pretty great desu, Bowe was never the same after those fights.
Shame Golota's career never went anywhere. How is life for him now?
>>
>>68517764
If you want savage brawls watch street fights. Boxing is a sophisticated sport you pleb.
>>
>>68518787
There have been some good brawls in the ring my man. Maybe he wants to get into boxing by watching blockbuster bouts.

Mayweather Gatti and Dela Hoya Pacquiao are good to watch.
>>
George Foreman vs. Ron Lyle
Was a great one, no defence just offence
>>
>>68517764
i think this recent PBC fight one might qualify
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOdr22pO-g
>>
>>68518456
Crazy finish!
Bunch of butthurt monkeys
>>
Chris Eubank vs Michael Watson II was brutal. Tragic what happened to Watson that night.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brff5bA4Vi8

Hearns' most savage brawl, better fight than the Hagler one imo.
Just 12 rounds of back and forth action.

Sanders-Rahman
Kalenga-Dorticos and Lebedev
Briedis-Durodola
Afolabi-Ramirez

McClellan-Benn

Bazooka Limon - Bobby Chacon IV is the ultimate brawl of all time.
15 rounds of just punching and punching and some more punching

I'm forgetting a few that haven't been mentioned yet.

Hearns-Leonard and Leonard-Duran 1 should be mentioned too.

Tua-Ibeabuchi too.
>>
Vargas-Salido
Vargas-Miura
Figueroa-Arakawa
>>
Bradley v Provodnikov
Matthysse v Provodnikov
>>
File: 82046660.jpg (763 KB, 1017x1024) Image search: [Google]
82046660.jpg
763 KB, 1017x1024
War of the Davids: Samoa vs Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsP4aSEO4tg
>>
How do I get into boxing?
>>
>>68521724
Follow Golovkin, it's how I did.
>>
File: mfw Tua wins one for da land.jpg (405 KB, 663x1024) Image search: [Google]
mfw Tua wins one for da land.jpg
405 KB, 663x1024
>>68521724
follow the big networks and fight cards first (HBO, Showtime, PBC), post on boxing forums, pick a fighter you like and watch their fights on youtube, watch the nothing fights that get no hype and pick apart and analyze the style and craft of both boxers, beg someone for an account on WBVA, update yourself on the fights every month and watch them with /box/, watch/download training vids.

that's how I did it anyhow
>>
>>68521724
Follow the title fights. Go to espn.com/boxing then look up the schedule.
Or just go to your main streaming site every weekend and see what's on. MamaHD has streams to sports channels from around the world such as Box Nation from England, ESPN etc. Don't forget about YouTube either.
Fights like Vargas Dela Hoya, Mosley Alvarez, Morales Maidana.
>>
>>68521886
>>68522175
>>68522185
Thanks for the replies. How do I pick a fighter I like if I don't know anything about boxing? I feel like I have to watch thousands of fights to be able to pick one
>>
>>68522710
Golovkin and Kovalev are safe bets.
Roman Gonzales if you're fine with smaller guys

Hard punchers with a nice style.
>>
>>68522710
At the moment everyone loves Golovkin, Kovalev, Lomachenko and Gonzalez. Check them out for starters.
>>
>>68521724
BoxRec, FightNews and BoxingScene are good resources for news, schedules, stats, rankings, etc.
>>
>>68517764
Pacquiao margarito is bretty gud
>>
>>68522710
Just follow the ESPN schedule, watch the fights and see who you like the look of. I got into Vasyl Lomachenko and Leo Santa Cruz from the Mayweather Pacquiao undercard, I didn't even see the main event. I became a partial fan of Alvarez late last year, I had never heard of him, I was looking up old Shane Mosley fights and saw that and thought Saul Alvarez was a good sort.

In your case I would say go to ESPN, look at the champions, view their fifhts on YouTube and tu e in every Saturday and Sunday for boxing. In the big scheme of things it's hard to follow. Countless divisions, countless belts, fighters going up and down in weights, fighters ducking fights, no Undisputed Champions.
It's a mess.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.