[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amateur tennis /feels/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: TennisRacquet-person_1024x1024.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
TennisRacquet-person_1024x1024.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>when your opponent had like 5 top quality rackets and a tennis bag as big as himself but he was shit anyway
>>
>when your opponent had like 5 top quality rackets and a tennis bag as big as himself but he was shit anyway
>>
File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>when you threw all the balls over the fence and none of the bystanders would go get them so you had to go get them
>>
>you will never EVER be a professional player
>>
>when you play saturday mornings and your opponent arrives still clearly drunk and wearing jeans but beats you anyway
>>
>when you were too poor to afford top quality tennis gear while your opponent was getting out of his dad's brand new mercedes
>>
>when you had to play tennis in P.E. but you don't like tennis.
>>
>when you couldn't hide your boner when you saw that cute girl in grade school and she laughed at you
>>
>when you try to play at a park but there are some girls in tiny shorts bouncing around at the court right next to you and you can't focus
>>
>>68517308
that feels really bad.
>>
>when the ball is obviously out but your opponent says it was in and insists on retaking the point
>>
>>68517440
>when you hide your boner under a towel and press against that cute girl in grade school and tell her it's ok because she's the towel girl.
>>
>when you're Novak Djokovic and you win every grand slam in a row
>>
>That guy that keeps the balls in his pockets
>>
>>68517503
>but you're still a disgusting slav so you kill yourself anyway
>>
>Be me, amateur tennis shit at the junior tennis league at the country club
>the Club Pro has a cell phone which is big shit for back in the day
>he keeps it in the ball hopper
>take cell phone
>call hulk hogan hotline at 4.95 a minute
>hide phone in the office
>do this a few times
>next month our entire junior group gets chewed out
>Club accountant got a $1300 cell phone bill from the Hulk Hogan Hotline
>nobody rats you out
>now everyone makes hulk hogan jokes on the court

>go back 10 years later
>Club Pro asks how my game is going
>Tell him it is like suplexing the ultimate warrior off the top rope, brotha
>>
>>68517532
lmao
>>
File: 1437453842903.jpg (48 KB, 600x632) Image search: [Google]
1437453842903.jpg
48 KB, 600x632
>>68517532
im dying
>>
>>68517517
You a bit butthurt there emu?
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
I was thinking about starting tennis at on of those student clubs? does it take long to become not shit.
>>
>>68519784
If you have a good coach you can get a hold of it pretty fast. Beginners usually suck based on really dumb things that are easily fixed, and if your coach points that out to you asap you can learn really quickly because tennis doesn't require as much dexterity and athleticism as most sports on a casual level (i.e. to be good at basketball even casually it'll take you a while to not be an embarrassment, but to get competent at tennis you really only have to figure out 3 or 4 things and then be able to run a bit)
>>
>>68520699
>If you have a good coach
That seems to be the biggest difference for me. With basketball for example, you can just play and play and naturally get better at the game. However for tennis you need a lot of lessons/guidance or you're going to develop a bunch of bad habits
>>
>>68517503

>when you have to claim a Djokoslam because you are a choking faggot who can't win on clay
>when you aren't Rod Laver twice
>when you are a choking Croatian faggot
>>
>>68517532

Mid kek
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.