[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy is worth more than $400 Million Why is boxing so dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
This guy is worth more than $400 Million

Why is boxing so dead compared to how popular it was during the 1960s through the 1990s?

What went wrong?
>>
>The world "The" is part of the acronym TMT

this triggers me so hard
>>
>>68514829
For the same reason MySpace is dead: Progressively shittier product in the name of a bigger profit.
>>
pay per view. No wants to pay 80 dollars to watch two black guys hug each other for 12 rounds.
>>
>>68515277
Nah, bruh, they spend that money on UFC so it's two white gyys.
>>
>>68514829

Stephen A Smith says hes worth $1billion according to his sources
>>
>>68514829
no american heavyweight talent, and that guy becoming the only relevant american boxer, the most boring boxer in the history of boxing.
>>
>>68514829
>corrupt judging
>too many promotions, organizations and belts
>mayweather != Ali or Sugar or Tyson
>15 round hug fests
>social media
>Larry Merchant
>HBO
>pay per view
>MMA
>>
1. Pay Per View.
2. PPV that costs 50-100$
3. The internet

All those reasons combined and compare that to:
The WWE that used to have $50 6 hour events with multiple blockbuster matches and now is merely a cheap channel additon
MMA with </= $50 matchups
The Super Bowl, World Series, and NBA finals are played on BASIC television.
>>
>>68514829
Nigger will go broke no way he can continue to spend that much money without his career.

>inb4 muh investments
the guy can't even read,don't you think the business world which is full predators who kill each other won't trick him?
>>
>>68515277
They did for Mayweather/Pacquiao
No MMA fight will ever touch that PPV number
>>
>>68515296
legend has it that nobody knows how much he really has because he can't read
>>
>>68516415
>12 round hugfests
FTFY they haven't fought 15 rounds in like twenty years dude
>>
>>68515277
I'd pay 80 dollars to watch 2 black guys hug a white girl for 12 rounds.
>>
>>68514829
No more legit heavyweights

Feels bad man
>>
>>68514829
Cause people don't want to see niggers fighting each other. People can go to the ghetto and watch that for free, albeit alittle more risky
>>
People want to see charismatic heavyweights. That's just the way it will always be. On a UFC card you get a bunch of fights so you can let the manlet fights slide as you wait for the light heavyweight/heavyweight boughts.
>>
>>68516415
15 rounds don't make sense, but you're still right
>>
>>68514829
2bh I don't even know who that is, how can he be worth 400 Million US-Mark?
>>
>>68516893

this

people like watching heavyweight because you know at any second, this nigga might get knocked the fuck out

people don't want to watch two manlets hug for 12 rounds
>>
also - I know it's /sp/, and /sp/ is racist but do you guys really think that all the other boxing fans in the world are racist, too? lol
It's not about two BLACKS fighting, it's about ppv, hugging, too many belts...
>>
>>68516854
World star hip hop
>>
>>68516942
>implying lomachenko isnt fun to watch
>implying golovkin isnt fun to watch
>implying based Kovalev isnt fun to watch
>you will never call adonis, chickenson
>>
>>68514829
daily reminder: MMA peaked in 2009-2010. by almost any measure its less popular today.
>>
>>68516459
>PPV
>semen slurping sport has 'matches' that consist of 2 hour dancing sessions otherwise everyone feels ripped off if there's a first round knockout

Also nobody likes to watch manlets bitch slap each other. We haven't had a dominant Heavyweight since Iron Mike.
>>
>>68517253
It's most definitely on the down slide. The day the UFC added female fights was the MMA death knell.
>>
>>68517276
Vladimir was dominant in a way, but he was also utterly boring. Truth is Mike was the last entertaining heavyweight.
>>
>>68516415
why is HBO so bad. that's the only reason why i like boxing.
>>
>>68517314
I think he means it's not easily accessible. Most people don't have HBO.
>>
>>68517305
>implying "LETS GO CHAMP" wont be the next blockbuster heavyweight champion
>>
>>68517329
thanks Canabro!
>>
>>68517014
lomachenko is the real deal
>>
>>68514829
for me personally it's the lack of a single tournament/title. There are like 4 different heavyweight world champions from competing governing bodies at any given time and it makes it completely fucking pointless to follow.

If there was a single title in the world to be won, I would watch. But there isn't so I don't.

Besides, everyone knows that boxing is really a semen slurping sport.
>>
>>68517357
he's the next great, the skills he has shown so far can't be matched and he'll just get better
>>
It's actually not dead and is bigger than memememegay in all non-pleb countries
>>
>>68516415
>Advertising
>Ducking fights
>Hundreds of weight divisions
>>
>>68514829
>This guy is worth more than $400 Million
Why? Who is still watching his fights? They're more boring than golf and have been for years.
>>
>>68517557
if your not into boxing you'll never be able to appreciate floyds skills. Despite everyone calling him a hugger and shit he does it less than ali and is one of the best technical fighters ever, if not the best
>>
>>68517611
This, I know he is a huge cunt but he is a great boxer.
>>
>>68516415
he fell for the corrupt judges meme
>>
Lineal
Regular
Interim
IBF
IBO
WBA
WBC
WBO
>>
>>68517654
Incompetent judges.
>>
>>68517694
That's much more accurate. Also, judging in all combat sports is subjective so you will always have issues.
but yea, corrupt judges is a meme the no nothing casuals believe because its a nice simple explanation and because Hollywood told them so.
>>
>>68517744
can you honestly say salido beat lomachenko without corruption, watch the fight and tell me he shouldnt have been DQed twice. Look at Emmanuel Augustus' career and tell me corruption isnt rife in boxing
>>
>>68517781
the judges don't decide who gets DQed
>>
>>68514829
because everyone hates this cunt
>>
>>68517838
I'm saying both the ref and the judges were corrupt
>>
>>68514829
Corrupt promoters, corrupt managers, exploitation of talent. The climb to the top of boxing is too steep honestly -- a lot of people are beat all to fuck before they even reach the top.

For every great boxer, there is an army of bums and concussed drop-outs who may've had the talent but got too beat up, or didn't get the right promotion, or pissed off someone in Vegas, you name it.

Boxing is probably the most corrupt sporting institution in the world and that's saying something.
>>
>>68517872
100% of the time or only when the judges subjective score disagrees with your subjective score?
>>
GGG is fun to watch
>>
>>68517929
when loma outboxed salido, when augustus clearly outboxed his opponants. Fuck Salido threw a shit load of low blows and wasn't brought up on any of them
>>
>>68515330
Deontay Wilder
>>
>>68521496
Been boxing since 19. Because of that he's slow in making his way in the boxing world. He holds one of the most sought after belts. Square up or ship out.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.