[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Curry the most overrated MVP of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: lebron-steph.jpg (257 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
lebron-steph.jpg
257 KB, 1000x600
>Plays on a stacked roster
>Team built around letting him chuck threes and statpad in reg season
>Has to hide on defense because any semi decent PG can smoke him
>Needs moving screens to get room for a shot
>Horrible mid range game for a supposed sharp shooter
>Non-existent inside game
>Plays up his clean-cut, Jesus loving humble persona but is actually incredibly arrogant and over celebrates like nobody's bzns
>Has disappeared in both his ploff runs
>Needs his teammates to rescue because he chokes hard in the post season
>Was so bad in the finals last year they had to give the FMVP to Shiggudalo and won't win it again

LeBron has consistently stepped up when it mattered and carried some terrible teams to the finals throughout his career

Inb4 >2-5
Prove me wrong /sp/
>>
>>68512494
Glad we're all in agreement then
>>
I see nothing wrong here, these are all facts. And he proved it in game 5 when they got fucked up just cuz Green didn't play. Warriors Got their dicks cut off on defense
>>
People still care about MVP awards?
>>
>>68512494
>hating Curry for all the things that Kobe did up until the rape accusation

YOUR CANADIAN TEARS ARE DELICIOUS AND TASTES OF BEAVER-SCENTED MAPLE SYRUP
>>
You forgot

>has 2 rings
>>
>>68512494

everything you said plus

>has been second best at HIS OWN POSITION the last two playoff series

>is only #19 all time in regular season per and #21 playoffs
>for comparison, mj is #1 at both, and lebron is #2 in regular season and #3 in playoffs

if you think he is anywhere near goat you obviously don't know shit about the nba
>>
he's been completely exposed the entire post season kek
>>
>>68512494
the gulf in quality between curry and lebron is phenomenal, curry is such a one dimensional basketball player and the definition of a system babby
>>
>>68512494

>Karl Malone, Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, Allen Iverson

He's not even close
>>
>>68512494
Yes. He was already exposed.

How he got the unanimous vote anyhow?
>>
>>68516065
>basketbore
>>
>>68512494
Lets play the contrarian role
>Most MVP's play on stacked teams these days because MVP is a popularity contest decided by the fucking press for some reason
>he's shooting stupid numbers from a ridiculous range and still can hit parker-esque layups, just a lot less frequently
>True
>Warrior's move far too much but to say that's the reason Curry succeeds is hyperbolic
>i don't know the midrange numbers
>Westbrook and Livingson are outliers for PG's
>Don't follow his Twitter because I'm not that sad
>True
>Partially true, played much better after Kyrie and Della got winged, which isn't much to say but still
>>
>>68512494
He has been comparatively dreadful this postseason, and he was pretty miserable last year too. However, the MVP is a regular season award and he had an incredible regular season.
His roster isn't stacked, Draymond would be the worst starter on most teams. Klay and Iggy are quality but Klay's numbers are inflated by the team as well. Everyone else is meh, they just do exactly the right meh things at the right time in the right place which makes them work together phenomenally well.

Moving screens is certainly a factor, they'd be a 70 win team without them or possibly worse, but KLAY is the knockdown catch-and-shoot guy. Curry benefits from the moving screens a lot but he's fantastic off the dribble primarily. His midrange is fine and he had the highest fg% both in the paint and in the restricted area for guards so he definitely has an inside game.

Anyway, this post will be huge if I rebut every point you made (those were just the ones that stood out the most), but don't forget he averaged 30ppg while sitting a fuckload of 4th quarters. Dude could just pop off for 50 almost whenever he wanted just by cheesing threes. You can't do that in the playoffs, but you sure as shit can in the reg season, and he sure as shit could have. He's a one trick pony, but he is so insanely fucking good at that one trick that it justifies him being mvp. Plus he's a good passer, lowkey great rebounder for his size and has improved on defense after being a turnstile.

He's probably the 3rd or 4th best player in the league, hell maybe even the 5th if you rate KD, but that doesn't matter for MVP and he totally deserved it this year, no question. Last year, on the other hand...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.