[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we win this Euro ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 750x813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 750x813
Can we win this Euro ?
>>
>>68510458

Probably not.

Albeit we never can be sure seeing how shit everyone is.
Except those pesky Germans maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>68510480
You'll need to grow into the tournament.

Play a quarter final at the same level as you did in the first two group games and a talented side will ruin you.
>>
If keep playing like this probably no
>>
>>68510520
dam
>>
Yes, the refball is immense
You could see the hesitation in the ref inverting fouls or not calling them at all
>>
>>68510520

If Italy doesn't take care of the Germans all our chances are gone.

Otherwise we may do something. Not stating anything tho, just lore/hope.
>>
>>68510458
i want the french to win... they have to put up with so much shit from visiting fans they deserve a good pay off
>>
>>68510520
Justice for 2000
>>
>>68510480
>>68510551
This post between you confirms Italy - France 1:0 as the final match.
>>
Right now you're really reminding me of Brazil 2 years ago. Payet gets injured, Kante gets a red and you'll be set for a 7-1 loss to the Germans.
You got neutralized by Albania of all teams and Romania also ran you close. This team is very mentally weak. If you keep playing this say goodbye in the quarter-finals.
>>
>>68510585
Thats retarded. They deserve to win if they play well (no such thing these 2 matches)
>>
>>68510613
Bingo.
>>
>>68510458
Let's hope so. It'd be nice to have a black nation win and make the white racists cry.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1024x576
>>68510458
How come France sucks at football?? Doesn't make any sense!
>>
>>68510630
deserve is different to want

i want them to win
>>
Is it me or is everybody playing like shit?

It's not as boring as previous tournaments but the quality of play is fucking low.

Even fucking Poland played better than most teams so far. Good one touch passes, positioning, situational awareness and overall surprisingly good play.

Everybody else seem to be going for the 'throw everyone forward and hope for a headed goal from a cross' meme, and it only works like once out of 20 tries at best.
>>
>>68510666
fuck off pole
>>
>>68510520
This is actually realistic
>>
When the group phase will end there will be less teams playing the 0-0, so teams like France, Spain or Portugal will show more of their potential
>>
>>68510612

I wouldn't be surprised at all really
>>
>>68510696
make me, muhammed
>>
>>68510666
checked
>>
I'd say yes. Everybody knows the real tournament starts in the round of 16. So far you've showed good mental strength and most importantly, you have key players that can win a match anytime.
>>
yes because the ref favors you
there was a handball right before the play to get griezman the goal and he didnt call it
>>
>>68510719
>portugal
keked
>>
>>68510738
>you have key players
>players
>player(s)
>s
>plural

Payet has saved them for the 2nd game in a row, Griezmann needs 50 chances to score
>>
>>68510666
Did you look at our stadiums ? The pitch is shit, international games deserve better than that. I'm not surprised everyone slips every once in a while ; also the games get more physical because of this. You can't tiki-taka with those conditions : Italy understood that.
>>
>>68510666
If England won I would've said they played the best desu. France looks meh, England are probably gonna collapse, lelgium and Portugal are shit too.

It's between German, Italy and Spain
>>
>>68510755
Portugal didn't even play badly yesterday

They played one of the best halves of anyone so far
>>
>>68510666
Poland are unironically pretty good with a stacked attack and strong spine. Tomorrow's game vs Germany will probably be the biggest contest of the group stage.
At the same time you can argue that some teams have been mucking about vs teams that have been very focused on being compact and defensive, restricting avenues of approach. That said Croatia v Turkey, Ukraine v Germany were standout games. A reliance on headers that we see from many teams is really due to a dearth of quality attacking options.
>>
File: DenkerEmoji.jpg (20 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
DenkerEmoji.jpg
20 KB, 600x337
>>68510720
it's not possible tho. You will win your group just like Italy and us which means we play Italy in the quarters and you play them in the semis.

Spain will most-likely be your opponent in the final. They will msot likely get kicked out before, but I don't know which team could do it honestly.

I think it's wierd, you would beat Italy and Spain, Italy would beat us, Spain would beat Italy and we would beat you and Spain.

One of those four will almost surely win the cup if nothing wierd happens.
>>
France is facing very weak opposition and it's still a little shaky. But it will become more stable during the tournament.

Every big/favourite team has yet to confirm their favouritism, which is great. IMO in the first matchday Spain looked like they were the safest bet to win it all, but they can't finish for shit so idk
>>
>>68510849

You're right IF Germany and Italy continues on their streak ( not that I think they can't).
Germany tends to have he bat habit of throwing away their second game, and Italy may "rig" the game if it's to their convenience.

So we'll see. But in my book Germany will win this. The other teams are too unpredictables and have irregular results.
>>
>>68510966
If Germany and Italy win their groups, they will meet the best 3'rd place of some shitty groups, if they both win those they meet each other in the quarter finals.
>>
>>68510738
>good mental strength

They were visibly desperate to score a goal during most of the second time and made lotta mistakes.
>>
>>68510810
Griezmann was in the bench until 80'
>>
>>68510966
Yeah 2bh it's a matter of drawing (that means we will win the group and everything happens as stated) or losing (which means we finish 2nd and beat Spain in the semis to claim the title against you). kek

Italy will perhaps not win every match in their group, but winning against Belgium will most likely secure their place on top of the group.

Spain is Spain. :D They could either win every match 1:0 or dominate their group just to get kicked out by some meme team. However, I don't think they have what is needed to go all the way to won this cup.

I'm sure you will get better as the tournament proceeds, but if you don't wake up and do something against your weaknesses (like we always do when we choke the 2nd match), then it's just a matter of time until you get kicked out by some quality team - most likely another of those big four
>>
France = Brazil 2014.
>>
>>68511121

Believe me, it may not fix it all, but Deschamps is gonna kick some serious ass in the next days.

Play that bad?
In Marseille of all places?
The club with which he won the CL?
The place our fucking NATIONAL ANTHEM is from?

The half time break must have been tougher for the players than the whole game.
>>
>>68511015
but they never give up : 88", 90", 96"
>>
>>68510480
>>68510520
>>68510551
>inb4 the italians cheat like in 2006
>>
'''''''''''''''''''''''''french'''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>68510458
not with this shit defense

every fucking kick to the box put the defense in danger, and it was fucking Albania playing with 1 player in attack

I swear, everytime there's a free kick or a corner, I fear that Koscielny or Rami will fuck up at some point, or that Evra will completely lose his guy, or some shit like that

it's ok because it was Albania and Romania, but they'll never get away with this bullshit against Italy, Spain or whatever team better than Albania
>>
>>68511031
It still took until the 90' to break Albania down and Payet's goal was due to more of a consequence of Albania pushing forward and being absolutely knackered.
>>
>>68511815

>inb4 we stupidly fall for it once again
>>
File: aintneverseen.gif (3 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
aintneverseen.gif
3 KB, 324x216
Saw the entire match.
France "woke up" in the 2nd half.
They really really really need to spread the field more.
France just ran up the middle and kicked and hoped for the best.
Hello ? Right winger ? This is France calling ?

>you get the idea.
>>
>all these anons taking for granted Italy will get out of the groups
Conte can't win against bus parking teams, just watch and learn
>>
>>68512604
Come on, 4 of the 6 teams finishing 3st will pass. It's almost impossible to not qualify with 3 pts already.
>>
>>68511815
still salty after 10 (ten) years
>>
>>68510613
>Payet gets injured, Kante gets a red and you'll be set for a 7-1 loss to the Germans

That's so asinine you deserve to be American.

>>68510666
Yeah, mostly everyone is bad. But no one believes me when I say that 1995-2005 football was at a much higher level, in spite of inferior athleticism.

15 or 20 years ago, every NT, even the minor ones, had world-class players in it. Bergkamp, Zidane, Totti, Hagi, Scholes, Raul, Nedved, Boban, etc.
>>
>>68513450
Also let me remind you some facts:

>Italy's old #9: Vieri
>today: Pellè

>Brazil's old #9: Ronaldo
>today: Fred

>France's old #10: Zidane
>today: Gignac

Do you see the fucking drop in quality?
>>
>>68513740
>Gignac
>10

what the fuck son, you can play him as a half-9 at best
>>
>>68513450
I agree with you mate. There's literally Ronaldo and two proper strikers in this tournament, not much else to look out for.
>>
>>68511815
>France get a bullshit penalty because of a dive
>Italy is the one Who cheated
Confused-black-person.png
>>
>>68510666
I thought Hungary played pretty well actually.
>>
>>68511815
10 years later, I'm still trying to understand how exactly they cheated.
>>
>>68510520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Os2-5ePIk
good times
>>
>>68511815

> still salty after 10 (ten) years

Justice for Euro 2000!
Also how did we cheat?
>>
>>68513450
Now the skill level is raised and without a big difference in quality seems there are no more world class players.
Years ago Iceland would lose 5-0 against Portugal. Today 1-1 because the level of all players has risen.

Example Giovinco in MLS world-class player in Europe is poor player.
>>
>>68513740
What happened to Fekir? Is he still kill?
>>
>>68511611
>The half time break must have been tougher for the players than the whole game

Yeh cus they don't speak French, AMIRITE?
>>
>>68511815

>italy
>2006

TRIGGERED

I was 15, watching with a few mates and we all went fucking ballistic.
>>
>>68517666
great blog m8
>>
>>68517485
>implying Italy didnt
>>
>>68517666
yeah you and the 20 other wogs lit up lygon that night
>>
>>68510666
With the new format of 4/6 3rd place teams advancing I feel like everyone was playing conservative in their openers, hopefully things get more interesting as the group stage goes one
>>
>>68513450
I think it's more because the level of the small teams has rised, if the 4th classified teams of every group played theyr 2008 version 90% would win easily.
And we still have top players in minnow countries Ibra Lewa Hamsik Bale, Pjanic for a not even qualified Bosnia
>>
>>68513450
>>68513740
Most of them are overrated by nostalgia (they were world class, there's no doubt), but Iniesta, Pogba, Buffon, Lewandowski, Ibra, C. Ronaldo, Bale, Muller, Neuer, Rooney (unironicaly), Modric, Busquets, Greaseman, Bonucci are world class too and in some years we'll remember them as a great generation.
>>
FRATELLI D'ITALIA
L'ITALIA S'È DESTA
>>
>>68517710
more like inno di memeli
>>
>>68510458
Yes. My african brothers will win this tournament
>>
>>68510458
This tweet made me laugh.

As for the subject, on one hand I want them to win because I like Deschamps, on the other hand I don't want them to win because this fat fuck François Hollande will use it as a way to weasel out of all the shit he's done, just like Chirac did.
>>
>>68511815
>>68517666
>>68517674
wew lad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6Wqt00gTc
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.