[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MARTIAL FOR MESSI?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Martial.jpg (920 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Martial.jpg
920 KB, 1920x1080
United fans

Barcelona make an offer of Lionel Messi for Anthony Martial this summer.

Do you accept?
>>
>>68492714

as if that would ever happen
>>
DONT THE SPANISH HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>68492714
Cons:
>Martial could be future GOAT and United would have to sit and watch it happen
>Martial is only 20 years old and has 10-15 years of a future left
>Martial is a quiet, down to earth lad who seems to love Manchester and Manchester United
>Witnessing the rise of a GOAT is special, signing a GOAT at nearly 30 years of age is exciting but less special
>Messi could flop in the PL
>Messi might get an injury and that would effectively end his career
>Messi only has at most 3 years at the highest level

Pros:
>It's Messi
>It's Lionel fucking Messi
>He's the GOAT
>Guaranteed to be at least the 2nd best player in the world for at least another year or two
>Would probably bring instant success
>Having the GOAT play for the club would be special
>Having the GOAT play for the club would increase advertising revenue and players would find United a more attractive proposition (because they'd want to play alongside Messi (Neymar, Bale, Muller etc. etc.)
>It's Messi
>>
>>68492747
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypotheticals
>>
>>68492714
>Do you accept
no, Martial is 19 and scored 17 goals in his first season in a new league (the toughest league in the world) all whilst playing for the most backwards, defensive-minded, low-risk taking manager of all time

under a proper manager, i think he'll get 30 every season and often hit 40

i'd take that every season for 10 years over messi scoring 50 goals for 2 years then being finished

plus martial is actually a likeable guy
>>
I'm a Barcelona fan but thinking from a United's fan perspective I'd stick with Martial.

United aren't ready to compete with the European elite and will probably not be for another year or 2, by that time Messi will already be 31, on a decline and with only 3-4 more years left before going back to Argentina. By going with Messi you're choosing getting back into contention a year or two earlier but with Martial you're choosing a player who will greatly improve over the next 3 years and then remain a top 5 player in the world for the following 10 years.

It's short term vs long term and in United's current squad long term makes more sense.
>>
>>68492763
>Neymar
>Alves
>Toure
>Thuram
>Eto'o
>Henry
>Ronaldinho
>>
>>68492714
No deal.
But 19 year old Messi and I'd give you literally the whole current squad including de Gea
>>
As a United fan, I'd keep Martial because of his age and how good he is at this moment. Messi could be shit outside La Liga.
>>
No.

Messi is finished.
>>
Slutsky can't stop pacing ::-(
>>
>>68492995

what's the point talking about something that will never happen
>>
>>68493219
how many people would have done that AT THE TIME (when messi was 19) though?

not many
>>
>>68493264
A thought experiment considers some hypothesis, theory, or principle for the purpose of thinking through its consequences. Given the structure of the experiment, it may or may not be possible to actually perform it, and if it can be performed, there need be no intention of any kind to actually perform the experiment in question.

The common goal of a thought experiment is to explore the potential consequences of the principle in question: "A thought experiment is a device with which one performs an intentional, structured process of intellectual deliberation in order to speculate, within a specifiable problem domain, about potential consequents (or antecedents) for a designated antecedent (or consequent)" (Yeates, 2004, p. 150).

Famous examples of thought experiments include Schrödinger's cat, illustrating quantum indeterminacy through the manipulation of a perfectly sealed environment and a tiny bit of radioactive substance, and Maxwell's demon, which attempts to demonstrate the ability of a hypothetical finite being to violate the second law of thermodynamics.

Hope this helps, chap.

tl;dr it's basically ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to consider hypothetical questions and is a staple of science
>>
File: kermit.jpg (4 KB, 238x195) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
4 KB, 238x195
>>68493225
>Messi could be shit outside La Liga.
>>
>>68493171
I agree with this.

If it were a different United squad then I'd say go for Messi, lift the team to an elite all-conquering level. But as it stands they need to build over time and consistency is key.
>>
>>68493139
>(the toughest league in the world)
>>
>>68493625
Problem?

It literally is. Anyone can win it.

Klopp's Liverpool
Jose's United
Pep's City
Conte's Chelsea
Ranieri's Champions
Poch's Spurs

And then the strength in depth of West Ham, Everton, Southampton etc. who are stacked with world class players who are dominating the Euros....

>b-b-but muh Spanish top 2
I said league. Not best top teams.
>>
>>68493365

What scientific principle or discovery are we hoping to establish here m8?
>>
>>68493915
want to have a guess for yourself m8? it's pretty obvious

doesn't have to be scientific mind you
>>
>>68493829
>No arsenal
There's hope at least!
>>
>>68493990
There is no way Arsenal can win the league.
>>
no deal

if messi was 3 years younger then yes
>>
>>68492763
>N*ggers
>>>/b/
>>
>>68493264

Autist please leave.
>>
File: 1465953426162.jpg (21 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1465953426162.jpg
21 KB, 600x337
do you really rate Martial or just shitposting? Coman is better, Griezmann is better...

I like him though, he doesn't act like an arrogant cunt and just enjoy playing football.
>>
>>68494383
lol
>>
File: english delusion.png (11 KB, 698x117) Image search: [Google]
english delusion.png
11 KB, 698x117
>all these bongs unironically saying no
the delusion is more than a meme
>>
>>68494399
>Coman is better
No. Just no. Not even close.
>Griezmann is better
Based on what exactly? I think it's pretty close. And it shouldn't be considering Martial is in his first season and Griezmann probably won't get any better than he is now. Martial is definitely more valuable than Griezmann.
>>
>>68494430
Even a Polish Barca fan said it
>>68493171
>>68493171
>>
>>68494461
Oh, a guy from Poland who """""supports""""" Barcelona said so, you must be right then
>>
>Is Messi better
Yes
>Will Martial be better than Messi
Probably not
>Would you swap Messi for Martial?
Not a chance.

Means a hell of a lot more to develop a player and watch him rise to brilliance than just to sign a ready-made one. No deal.
>>
>>68494490
If you read his post he gives a pretty good reason. Why don't you attack the post rather than attacking anonymous posters?

>WAAAHHHHHH THEY ALL DISAGREE WITH ME
>WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOW CAN THIS BE??
>WAHHHHHHHHH SURELY I AM RIGHT ALL OF THE TIME

Crybaby fuck.
>>
>>68493963

Are we trying to prove the existence of alternate universes with similar timelines to our own but with a single point of divergence that alters everything?
>>
>>68492714

Messi's nearly 30 so personally I'd rather take a gamble on Martial, plus I think playing for utd means a lot more to Martial than it would to Messi
>>
>>68494539
close but no
>>
>>68494568

I don't think anyone on spee will be able to prove such a thing m8
>>
>>68493264
you must be great at parties
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.