[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cric/ Tendies v Australia - Morning Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 1451975238501.jpg (146 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1451975238501.jpg
146 KB, 960x640
AUS 265/7 (50.0 Ovs)
WI 45/0 (5.0 Ovs)
Straya on Pooicide watch
>>
>Warner Park
>Warner not playing
Top kek.
>>
File: yo00019.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yo00019.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
This is your friendly reminder that the West Indies will win today.
>>
Why is Wade even still playing?
>>
LITERALLY axe that fat fuck finch and put in Shaun Marsh.

Why the fuck is Failey back in the side? Go for Head or Lynn.
>>
The absolute fucking state of this bowling ""attack""
>>
I just woke up lads
>>
Jesus fucking christ lads, it's 10 C outside
>>
Fuckner Ltd

What a piece of fucking trash
>>
based zampa
>>
>>68433933
Reminder that Australia are literally Starc: the team
>>
>>68437255
feels good to be carried by the goat
>>
I am LITERALLY shaking with rage right now. Why THE FUCK has AusGODia not won yet?
>>
fucking get these memesters out you fucks
>>
useless shots can't do anything without Starc
>>
>>68437499
WA """bowlers""""
>>
>>68437635
Zampa's okay, but >our pyjama bowling has gone down the shitter
>>
>>68437762
The alternative was based Boland, so I'm really not in a position to complain.
>>
fuck this, I'm going back to sleep

Fucking incompetent shits
>>
FUCK
>>
>wasted review on Marlon
>let Ramdin off

Elite tactics from Smith
>>
I hope Finch gets hit, the fat fuck
>>
>>68438086
That review was terrible, he was nowhere near the ball
>>
COMEBACK
>>
Australia on life support watch
>>
N C N
C
N
>>
anyone got a stream?
>>
>>68438607
It'll be over by the time you connect

crichd.in
>>
>>68437255
nothing wrong with that
>>
I wish Pooulter Nile bowled like that all game. That over was so much better than his other trash
>>
I just want to see Holder perform lads

He seems like a good bloke.
>>
I don't even care about this sport Tbh
>>
>>68438695
Thanks, watching now unfortunately
>>
>Starc doesn't play
>Lose

EVERYTIME
>>
>losing to Tendies

kek, not even any shitters like BasedBoland to blame it on

who was responsible for this?
>>
FUCK THESE CARIBBEAN FUCKS WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE
>>
>>68438918
Langer for resting Starc
LGTSS
>West """Australians"""
>>
Migh just kill myself to be honest lads
>>
>getting outplayed by Marlon fucking Samuels

Literally the most dire moment in Australian cricket since Zimbabwe 2014
>>
KEK, it's not like anyone gives a shit about these meaningless tri-series of a dead, semen slurping format.
>>
KEK, it's not like anyone gives a shit about these meaningless tri-series of a dead, semen slurping format.
>>
I literally couldn't give the slightest fuck about this """sport"""

Tell me when the darts is back on lads
>>
>had $100 on Australia

I am no longer the wolf of Bet365
>>
>>
>>
Reminder Australia's greatest ever ODI team couldn't beat a WI side with Johnson Charles and Sulieman Benn.
>>
>cric
entire thread is australians and new zealanders

>nfl
>diverse blend of nationalities posting about an "american meme sport" they all love

pottery
>>
>>68440688
>entire thread is australians and new zealanders
Delete this friend
>>
>>68440688
It's only because we scared all the saffers, brits and brown people THE FUCK AWAY

There are unironically more regular americans in /cric/ than brits and saffers
>>
Serious pole time

http://www.strawpoll.me/10479791
>>
>>68442914
>There are unironically more regular americans in /cric/ than brits and saffers
>its literally true

kek

KEK
>>
>>68439809
>had $150 on Australia

welp, won't be able to make rent now
>>
>>68443270
>I-I'm not addicted, I s-swear!!!!
>>
>>68443623
no worries, i'll win it all back by gambling my wifes sons college fund
>>
Actually, better way of doing this

http://www.strawpoll.me/10479956
>>
Interesting. Maybe NZC is not as cucked as we all think

>New Zealand expressed their apprehension of partaking in a pink-ball Test in Indian conditions and informed the BCCI of the same a few weeks ago. "The New Zealand board is not willing to play day-night Test as they are not comfortable with the Indian conditions," a top BCCI official was quoted saying by the Indian Express on Monday (June 13). "There are various reasons, for instance the dew factor and ground conditions.
>>
>>68444299
a Day/Nighter in India would be an absolute shitfest with dew

I dunno thought maybe the advantage of bowling as the sun sets would offset the problems that due causes?

its probably necessary for the game that Day/Nighters are played in India. Their Test crowds are pretty bad
>>
>Kookaburra, the company that manufactures the pink ball, will send some sample balls to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore where they will be tested as the BCCI believes that if the ball retains its shine, the essence of the contest will be lost.

>"If the shine remains then the ball will swing more but it will be of no help to spinners. There will no natural wear and tear, and will also impact the reverse swing. So it was decided to test it in NCA first," a BCCI source said.

>m-m-muh statpadding!!!!

Get the FUCK over it india, YOUR COUNTRY has a jew problem, YOUR PLAYERS should be able to deal with it. Just because it keeps the ball shiny meaning R. Chuckwin can't pad his shitty average and your team can't win doesn't mean it isn't viable.
>>
>>68444469
that shouldnt be a problem, the pink Kuckaburra gets ripped to pieces easy. That's why they turned Adelaide into Trent Bridge, because they were scared of the ball breaking it up as it had in the Shield games
>>
Marlon Samuels on Man of the Match watch
>>
>>68442914
No, they're just casuals who only show up when their teams are playing in a good time zone. I think the curry lad may have actually joined the foreign legion too.
>>
>>68445590
>I think the curry lad may have actually joined the foreign legion too.
iirc he said he was doing that in August
>>
They actually sell SFC chicken tendies now.

Is it meme magic or did SFC google themselves and see all the posts on /cric/?
>>
I am white
>>
How'd Warner break his finger?
>>
>>68445881
/cric/ LITERALLY runs the Australian economy. Malcolm Turnbull has been known to visit purely to tap into >our handsome, muscular minds and receive elite truthbombs on foreign policy and negative gearing
>>
>>68445963
Got hit by a ball. I swear, his fingers are made of glass. His fist probably exploded after he dropped an elite king hit on Joe Root
>>
still seething lads. How the FUCK did >we lose
>>
File: 1465414412413.jpg (101 KB, 789x709) Image search: [Google]
1465414412413.jpg
101 KB, 789x709
>we actually beat Australia
>still can't get over this fact
>>
>>68446119
No Woner and Storc. Those two are big strong New South Welshmen and their presence was missed.
>>
>>68446119
Why do you care?
>>
>>68446196
Based Uzzie and Stove stood up though. There's nothing wrong with the batting, the bowling was the problem.

Bit worried about the Indian tour tbqh
>>
>>68446201
I know it might be a foreign concept for a kiwi, but there's such thing as having expectations for your country's cricket team to perform.
>>
>>68446342
It is possibly the most meaningless contest in the history of cricket. I don't even think the players of any of the sides care.

And you're "seething" over it?
>>
>>68446170
Enjoy the feeling lad. Hopefully the West Indies can turn it into a regular thing again, as unlikely as it might be.
>>
>>68446405
Kek, it's more meaningful than any meme pyjama bilateral.

The fact is that Australia should be winning every game they play right now, and my mental state is directly linked to them meeting that standard. LITERALLY every loss Australia has suffered should NOT have happened, and that fact angers me.
>>
Was bad boy bubby a bad boy as the title suggests or was he a good boy that dindu nuffin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbGcjP8qxKA
>>
>>68446405
>not being emotionally attached to a sport team

kek

KEK

K-E-K
>>
File: Q8UmsQ8h.jpg (161 KB, 1024x796) Image search: [Google]
Q8UmsQ8h.jpg
161 KB, 1024x796
>>68446445
One can only hope
>>
Bit sick of Americans and their threads lads
>>
cricket
>>
>Pocock ded
>Bogut literally career ending injury
>losing to the Tendies, unironically

what a week for Australian sport lads
>>
>>68446405
THIS is Daniel

Do NOT respond to him.
>>
File: 1457553561751.jpg (7 KB, 133x171) Image search: [Google]
1457553561751.jpg
7 KB, 133x171
>exams almost finished
>missed all the test cricket
>>
>>68448195
THIS is Statscunt

Do NOT respond to him.
>>
File: file.png (371 KB, 595x396) Image search: [Google]
file.png
371 KB, 595x396
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/80579/anger-turns-to-rage-zimbabwes-loyal-fans-tear-into-team-players

bit depressing lads
>>
>the 21 players offered BLACKCAPS contracts for the 2016-2017 year are:

>Mark Craig – Otago

kek

KEK

K E K

Pisson NEVER learns, does he?
>>
>>68449250
>Poo Peeland's greatest ever selector

LITERALLY what is the thinking here. Sodhi is better, Santner is better and fucking Kane is bordering on being better. Why would you bother contracting Mark fucking Craig on top of them?
>>
>>68449282
all those guys are contracted though

still absurd that Mark Craig has a central contract. Pisson would only do it if e thought Craig was in his future plans. KEK
>>
sauce btw

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/news-items/blackcaps-contracts-released-for-201617
>>
>>68449312
>all those guys are contracted though
that's what I'm saying m8

surely there's a next GOAT to usher in another golden age with an average of 38 they could be contracting instead
>>
I think we should keep working on this

People Daniel thinks are overrated:
>Dennis Lillee
>Don Bradman
>Brian Lara
>Steve Smith
>Mitchell Starc

People Daniel rates:
>Alastair Cook
>Martin Guptill
>Mitchell Santner
>Alex Hales
>Scott Borthwick
>>
>>68449378
he literally jerks himself off to neeshit
>>
>>68449407
i dont ever recall anyone shilling Neeshit t bh

you'd have to be mentally ill to think that guy was any good with bat or ball. He is LITERALLY worse than Dan Christian in both departments
>>
>>68438776
What is it about /cric/ and liking Jason Holder? He's not THAT good of a player.

Why did they give him all round captaincy of all formats when he'd barely even played 5 matches?
>>
File: 1448326175454.png (85 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
1448326175454.png
85 KB, 294x258
cricket is gay
>>
>>68449454
>What is it about /cric/ and liking Jason Holder
its more sympathy for him than actually thinking he is good. He is a nice guy who genuinely cares about the team and was handed a massive fucking burden of captaining two garbage teams

>He's not THAT good of a player
he's actually pretty shit. What IS the point of being 6'7" when you can only bowl 120 kp/h. literally Carlos "6666" Brathwaite is better

>Why did they give him all round captaincy of all formats when he'd barely even played 5 matches?
Alternatives are Denesh Ramdin and Marlon Samuels. You pick
>>
>>68449454
trying to manufacture a new Clive Lloyd I'd imagine

It's odd, guys like Lloyd, Lara, Cozier (although he didn't think he should be captain) and Viv all sing his praises, but beyond that century in England he hasn't really achieved much. Still, giving a 24 year old captaincy isn't really conducive to results.
>>
>>68449490
Remember the Name isn't horrible tbqh

I actually like both Brathwaites
>>
>>68445963
Fisting his own bumhole while he was getting cucked by Sonny Bill in the other room.
>>
>>68446295
>Based Uzzie
He dropped two fucking sitters that cost us the game. I don't care how well he bat, and it's not like we made a huge total, either.
>>
>>68449512
Kraigg is a very good opener. Unironically an outside contender for the World XI

>Cook has been out of form for years, averaging in the 30's
>Vijay is ehhh
>Dhawan complete shit
>Pakistanis useless outside of Asia
>NZ dont have a single good opener
>Elgar maybe but not really that good
>only meme teams left
>>
File: 1426846272978.jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1426846272978.jpg
34 KB, 720x405
>>68449532
he can't help being a paki
>>
there is LITERALLY a reasonable case for Joe Burns to be in a World XI. Joe fucking Burns.

Why are there no good openers around apart from Warner?
>>
File: file.png (343 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
file.png
343 KB, 620x348
>>68449576
keep an eye on him Tbh

He's only played one game, but I liked what I saw
>>
Have we made up our mind on the new queen of /Cric/?
>>
>>68449584
best case scenario he could be a Chris Rogers type player

is that really World XI material?

Honestly at this point I think you'd just play Khawaja out of position as opener. No one else is worth playing.
>>
>West Indies is the only team in the world people from other competing nations are depressed at how shit they are.

I REALLY hope a recovery is imminent. I mean when other teams are statpadding them in their own fucking country(ies) then there's a massive problem. I mean yeah they won the T20 but that's part of the problem, too. All their good players are just doing that because that's where the money is, and they get paid fuck all by their cricket board either. They did that in the 70's as well when the One Dayers started. The WICB has never treated them well at any point.
>>
>>68449608
what's the WICB supposed to do? plant magical money trees?
>>
>>68449630
Well they could start by not deliberately manufacturing the downfall of players from competing Caribbean nations so they don't eclipse other players out of pure jealously and spite.
>>
>>68449630
This

The problem is that the region is poor as fuck and doesn't have the population of India, Pakistan or Bangladesh that can carry them over the line. They barely get any money from sponsors and can't even fund grassroots cricket at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQc7alowPg touches on it
>>
>>68449654
what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>
>Darren Bravo, in the meantime, was settling down nicely and played some attractive strokes reminiscent of Brian Lara in his prime as West Indies went past 100 in the 17th over.

I get the feeling Darren is about the only one who cares about his team being good anymore, and just stands there every game seething at his teammates completely and utterly capitulating in front of him.

I mean for fuck sake in the Melbourne Test he said something along the lines of "It's not that fucking hard to bat, guys".
>>
>>68449282
>>68449312
>LE FUG LE MARG GRAG XDDXDXDDXDXDD

Reminder that he LITERALYL outbowled BOTH Sodhi and Vettori in the same match to take a 7-for and win in the UAE, something that Australia FAILED to do COMPLETELY. He also played a big role in leveling the series in England only this time last year. But OF COURSE you two have only EVER watched him in that shitshow against Australia, because you are BOTH SEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHING casuals who watch NO cricket outside of your filthy desert.

Admittedly, he was SO shit that he should be dropped permanently IMO, but it is completely and objectively false to postulate that he has always been awful, and if you think so you are a filthy fucking casual and should kick your shoes.
>>
>>68449662
>They barely get any money from sponsors and can't even fund grassroots cricket at this point.

And that's why I have some sympathy for the WICB.

All the headlines at the Wt20 were about how the WICB but the national team players' pay.

It's not like the WICB are David Warner's brother Jack Warner and are just hoarding the shekels. They did that so they could turn their domestic First-Class competition professional for the first time.

They negotiated that deal with the WI players union. What right do Chris Gayle and Andre Russell have to complain about that when they refuse to be part of the Union because they don't want to follow the rules?
>>
>>68449678
They deliberately fucked around with Shivnarine Chanderpaul to ensure that he wouldn't beat Brian Lara's record. I think even Brian was annoyed at it to be honest.
>>
>>68449684
how the fuck is he related to meme bravo anyway?

they're complete opposites
>>
>>68449698
WICB cut the national team players' pay.*
>>
>>68449662
turns out he actually didn't say it in that video, but I remember him talking about when he was at an ICC meeting about the future tours shit and he mentioned about how it was going to impact their revenue, since they barely got shit from the sponsors, and an unnamed former player literally said "Well whose fault is that?"

The West Indies are fucked and they're going to remain fucked unless they get more financial support from the ICC. Whether the ICC can actually afford it is another matter though
>>
>>68449707
that was handed poorly but he was clearly finished

against England he looked like getting out every ball. He looked a proper old man. If anything I'd argue they gave him a Test or two extra to catch Lara's record

>>68449684
it's bizarre how the same Test team can have someone like Darren Bravo who is a legitimate top5 batsman in the world and then absolute fucking shitters like Chandrika.

Chandrika would STRUGGLE to make a Sydney 2nd grade side. I'd be licking my lips if I saw that guy walking out to bat. It's really across the whole team. You have Kraigg Brathwaite and then Jomel Worrican who makes Michael Beer look like Derek Underwood
>>
>>68449781
Worrican is a genuinely creepy looking bloke too

He looks like a chinese black guy
>>
>it's a krazykrejza gets his dick out and wanks off to the BBCs episode

Get a load of this trash

>Darren Bravo who is a legitimate top5 batsman in the world
>Kraigg is a very good opener. Unironically an outside contender for the World XI

Remember
>"top 3 bowling attack in the world"
>"it's their batting that's bad"

>LITERALLY averaged over 100 over the whole Aus series
>their batting actually was okay
>he's now done a 180 and praising their batsmen

Reminder that krazyreddit is a walking cliche machine and knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

>>68449781
>Sydney Grade
>X, who makes Y look like Z
>legitimate
>>
File: 225334.1.jpg (23 KB, 160x224) Image search: [Google]
225334.1.jpg
23 KB, 160x224
>>68449810
kek, you're right.
>>
>>
File: 1454408834114.jpg (31 KB, 445x667) Image search: [Google]
1454408834114.jpg
31 KB, 445x667
>>68450125
>>
>>68449606
Burns is a technical rock like Bucky m8, he's got all the qualities required to be one of the all-time great openers.
>>
File: file.png (240 KB, 392x416) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240 KB, 392x416
post bowlers who would walk into the New Zealand Test team
>>
>>68449312
>Craig and Ronshit literally cost the team several series
>retained for life
>Ryder has a cheeky 2am drink with the lads
>exiled for life

JUST
>>
File: why.jpg (6 KB, 167x175) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
6 KB, 167x175
>Australia's ODI player of the year
>9 runs from 5 (FIVE) innings
>>
File: file.png (241 KB, 350x509) Image search: [Google]
file.png
241 KB, 350x509
>>
>>68449547
>Brathwaite better than Latham
>not rating Vijay

opinion discarded
>>
File: file.png (215 KB, 350x509) Image search: [Google]
file.png
215 KB, 350x509
>>68450227
pic

>>68450252
Latham is LITERALLY the new Cowan
>>
>>68449894
>it's a ACB obsesses over NZ cricket thread
>>
>>68450259
he's better than brathwaite m8

only fedoras like daniel like brathwaite because >muh 35 S/R
>>
>>68450259
>WA's greatest cricketer of all time averages 0 (ZERO) at memeden park

loving every laugh
>>
>>68450280
He LITERALLY is not

Brathwaite played an innings of substance in Australia. Shitham did not. He is >le get 30 and get out man. Only fedoras like daniel and (YOU) rate Latham, who is equally as slow in scoring as Brathwaite
>>
>>68450259
What is that?
>>
>>68450218
I still can't believe that was unironically posted and upvoted

Anyone who knows anything about cricket knows that Rogers was not a fucking """technical""" rock. He was a rock, but there was no elegance to his batting whatsoever.
>>
>>68450327
>What is that?

>>68450322
>>le get 30 and get out man
>>
>>68449894
>Kane is a statpadder
>after Oz tour
>o-o-ok, kane is elite
>after Aus tour here
>KEK, POO PEELAND'S GREATEST EVER BATSMAN EXPOSED

never forget
>>
>>68450245
BASED fucking boland
>>
>>68450322
>tfw GODtham made more runs in an innings against Pakistan and England than the entire Aussie middle order did in a series
>tfw krazykrezja can do NOTHING about it
>tfw he literally seethes at this truth bomb
>>
>>68450340
>Kane did well on the flattest roads in cricket history
>failed on all 3(three) challenging wickets

kek

>NZC LITERALLY cancelled a Test and replaced it with irrelevant pyjama so Kane wouldn't get exposed even more

KEK

So who's touring this year? Bangladesh and Zimbabwe? Kane will surely hit that 50 average now!
>>
Dennis Lilllee was overrated.
>>
I am white
>>
File: memswell.webm (1 MB, 192x246) Image search: [Google]
memswell.webm
1 MB, 192x246
>>68450236
>"look, I got T20 player of the year last year and ODI player of the year this year, so next year... who knows?"
>>
The greatest thing about Australian pitches is that they're the flattest roads in cricket history when Kane Williamson is batting, but transform into minefields when the useless Boult and Southee are bowling.

Truly based.
>>
I just checked the FTP and Poo Peeland are L I T E R A L L Y playing Zimbabwe AND Bangladesh (at home) this year.

kek

KEK

K E K

He will get that 50 average now, r-right guys?

>>68450377
I LITERALLY was the one who told you to bait gateloser with that you Mongoloid. Try harder.
>>
Averages against Australia

>Brathwaite: 23.50
>Latham: 29.90

I'm guessing maths isn't one of the required skills to be a civil servant.
>>
File: file.png (536 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
file.png
536 KB, 700x467
>>
Imagine dedicating your life to a sport but having no friends to enjoy it with.

Imagine being forced to move cities to regularly appease your boss on a 40k civil servant job.

Imagine being krazykrezja.
>>
File: file.png (753 KB, 764x573) Image search: [Google]
file.png
753 KB, 764x573
>>
Bowling actions determine your greatness.

t.gatebitch
>>
>none of the Poo Peelanders were alive the last time they held the trans-tasman
>>
>>68450515
B3K was ill have you know
>>
tired af desu
>>
my bladder is fucking filled to the brim lads
>>
>>68450587
will you ever watch grig again now that t20 is done?
>>
just emptied my bladder lads
>>
>>68450689
yes
>>
File: dark turd.jpg (64 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
dark turd.jpg
64 KB, 960x960
Thoughts?
>>
>>68450807
K E K
E
K

What are you doing Daniel
>>
File: 1463843595681.jpg (54 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463843595681.jpg
54 KB, 600x800
MEME XI

>Guptill
>Dilshan
>Smith
>
>
>Maxwell
>Shazhad (wk)
>Russell
>
>
>

Can't be bothered doing the rest lads
>>
>>68450395
He will literally never play Test cricket again
>>
>>68451310
Adam Voges detected

YOU will literally be out of the team by the end of the summer
>>
>>68451422
and retired on a comfortable average of 250
>>
Reminder that based boland was one knee niggle away from a test cap
>>
I am so fucking good at cricket
>>
Never actually played cricket before tbqh
>>
reminder based boland used to be fat as fuck
>>
File: file.png (359 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
file.png
359 KB, 650x366
kek look at this obese shit
>>
>>68451577
looks like walkbro
>>
>>68451583
walkgod has 2% body fat
>>
Is Warner Park related to Craig Parry?
>>
red pill me on walkcunt
>>
The Wolf of Bet365
>>
>>68451621
yes?
>>
>>68451627
You win last night?
>>
I literally mortgaged my house and put it all on Marlon
>>
>People who know cricket:
Statsjesus
KuntyKucka
Gateloser
The Wolf of Bet365

>People who think they know cricket but are truly clueless
Daniel
Jynn

>Seething fucking casuals
Everyone else

>Ankush
Ankush
>>
What is david warner's IQ?
>>
>>68451685
I'll give him a ring and ask
>>
>The classy right-hander
>Smith
>Classy

Is Andrew Ramsey senile?
>>
http://www.s m h.com.au/federal-politics/your-vote/

lads
>>
>>68451738
>he reads cricket.com.au

jej
>>
>>68451673
Based Goosey
>>
>>68451870
>He reads cricket related articles on the Internet

KEK
>>
>>68451738
>>
>>68451673
>>Ankush
>Ankush

What did he mean by this?
>>
This thread is absolutely terrible
>>
just looked up the design for the new perth stadium that's replacing the waca lads

what the fuck
>>
>>68452058
whats wrong with it?
>>
>>68452080
It's ugly, and there's no fucking way P*rth are going to come close to filling it.

It's also a shame to lose one of the last actual pitch for drop-in shit, even if the WACA has been fucking terrible for the last few years
>>
>>68452104
Isn't it also for AFL? West Coast will fill it in big matches easily. Big Bash will probably get 50k in there too.
>>
>>68452104
they're not demolishing the WACA

the WACA will still be used for smaller Tests and boreDI's. New stadium will be used for Ashes, India and BBL.

Guess that makes Brisbane the best venue in the ground now
>tfw last non-dropin in the country
>>
>>68452170
>the WACA will still be used for smaller Tests and boreDI's. New stadium will be used for Ashes, India and BBL

Is this confirmed? It seems like a weird thing to do
>>
>>68452142
As of 2018, yeah. That's why they're going for drop-ins.

Day one and two of the Ashes tend to sell out, so you might get good atmosphere there, but the main problem is that Perth doesn't have a particularly large population right now and this is going to be on the other side of the river to where the city actually is, making it a pain to get to since fucking nothing is in Burswood.
>>
>>68452194
It'll also mean we won't get fucked over when Australia gets to host the (soccer) world cup. Might even get some Asian Cup games next time.
>>
>>68452189
Yep. Lillee was seething so hard about it that he resigned as the WACA president

Tbqh it's partially his fault since they didn't do shit to the actual facilities there when they had the chance. Now the state government is redeveloping all the empty land there and there's no room to do shit.
>>
>>68452189
yes, I heard James Cuckerland say it on the radio over the summer

The WACA will have a slight redevelopment. Capacity will actually be reduced, but they are going to fix the facilities
>>
>>68452215
I literally don't give a fuck about that wog shit
>>
>>68452215
>we won't get fucked over when Australia gets to host the (soccer) world cup
literally NEVER going to happen
>>
File: alpha-tradie.jpg (94 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
alpha-tradie.jpg
94 KB, 680x1000
>>68452058

Are they going to build the rest of it at some point? Or is the scaffolding some kind of emblematic representation of the strength of the resilient tradies on which this country has been founded?
>>
Tradies are the heart and soul of this country
>>
>>68452039
rude
>>
File: file.png (423 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
file.png
423 KB, 620x310
A roof sounds fucking good though lads, I'm not going to lie

I always get horribly burnt at cricket games.
>>
>Poorth trying to be relevant in the sporting world

kek
>>
I would listen to a Mark Nicholas erotic audiobook to tell you lads the truth
>>
>>68452236
it will eventually, especially if fifa keeps their "rotate continents" thing
>>
>England's brave Nasser Hussain
>>
>>68452451
>England's greatest ever captain
>Indian
>>
>>68452437
>if fifa keeps their "rotate continents" thing

they have LITERALLY already abolished that policy

and no it wont for the following reasons

>shit timezone (no shekels)
>expensive for travel
>literally only 2(two) good rectangular stadiums in the country (Allianz & Suncorp) because idiot Cucktorians insist on playing boganball
>our corrupt administrators are nowhere near corrupt enough to bribe enough money to get it
>>
File: A-league wogjak.jpg (189 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
A-league wogjak.jpg
189 KB, 800x1000
>>68452437

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
>>68452437
they'll never "rotate" it to a timezone that's impractical for 95% of their audience
>>
>>68452460
not to mention that they would get shit crowds compared to whatever fucking third world shithole wants it instead, since ausGODs don't even bother with slurping that semen
>>
>>68452460
>shit timezone
It was literally held in almost the exact same timezone in 02.

>expensive for travel
That's true, but I don't see it being terminal

>Good rectangular stadiums
The fact that they aren't falling apart puts us above many countries that have hosted

>our corrupt administrators are nowhere near corrupt enough to bribe enough money to get it
We'll be the "look guys we aren't corrupt see we gave it to good honest Australia this time"
>>
>>68452488

If it's numbers they want, they just put on some more WBBL. Never forget.
>>
>>68452498
dreaming in the clouds: the post

you didn't actually disprove anything I said,you simply reverted to damage control

>>68452488
talk shit

Australians are the biggest bandwagoners there are. Fucking LIVERPOOL sold out the MCG

>inb4 b-but muh Cucktorians
fucking tens of thousands watched luckswing at the SCG (the American version). Not to mention the entire Jarryd Hayne debacle
>>
>>68452540
>Fucking LIVERPOOL sold out the MCG
because literally every wog in the whole country flew out to the MCG to see it

If you have games on as regularly as the world cup has them, you'll only get good crowds for a few days before everyone gets fucking bored like always. Compare that to hosting a world cup in europe or whatever, where you'd get thousands of rabid fans buying tickets to every single game just to get the opportunity to beat each other up afterwards

Hayne is a good example actually, because everyone stopped giving a shit after two weeks.

Sure, you could have a mildly successful world cup here, but you could also be literally printing money anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>68452460
>boganball
It's funny because Australian soccer fans are the epitome of boganism. Brawls/walking around the streets in balaclavas/raging victim complex/brandishing weapons (flares) etc.
>>
File: 14battingrankings.jpg (25 KB, 327x340) Image search: [Google]
14battingrankings.jpg
25 KB, 327x340
GOATven GODth on number 1 batsman watch
>>
>>68452632
GOATges is going to stadpad his way into the top five this year, especially with the inevitable drop of Younis
>>
>>68452632
>Poot
>>
>>68452597
>because literally every wog in the whole country flew out to the MCG to see it
Your inferiority complex towards wogball is utterly laughable, and I'm not even a wog

They absolutely did not. Man Utd sold out Stadium Australia, Arsenal will this year and even that hack parade of retired Liverslip hasbeens got a good crowd.

Face it, Australians are filthy, disgusting bandwagoners and will literally QUEUE to watch big strong foreigners and/or have big strong foreigners notice us.

>If you have games on as regularly as the world cup has them, you'll only get good crowds for a few days before everyone gets fucking bored like always.

You must be braindead. The only event Australia has hosted in the last 50 years even comparable to the Soccer World Cup is the 2000 Olympics and that absolutely DID NOT happen. If the World Cup was hosted here it would engulf the country for a few weeks. If you deny that you are either 1) a moron or 2) have a New Zealand tier inferiority complex

>Hayne is a good example actually, because everyone stopped giving a shit after two weeks.

Everyone stopped giving a shit when he failed. LITERALLY every time he did ANYTHING, be it scratching his ass or fumbling a ball, it was the lead news story on every single medium. It was THE most cringe thing I have ever seen this country produce.

>Sure, you could have a mildly successful world cup here, but you could also be literally printing money anywhere else in the world.

I agree. But not because Australians wouldn't be into it, but rather because they'd make gorillions more in advertising in a better timezone and from travellers at a better location
>>
>>68452670
>They absolutely did not
they literally did. I personally know at least 40 people that flew over to watch it
>2000 Olympics
Do they play a single sport in the olympics? If the entire event was just a 400m sprint, I guarantee crowds would decay exponentially
>>
>>68452693
>anecdotal nonsense
>false equivalency
I'll take this limp-wristed excuse for a post as an admission that you have been BTFO by my elite truthbombs
>>
>>68452712
YOU are the one that used false equivalency
>>
>>68452719
KEK, you are absolutely FURIOUS right now that you realise that a povertyball World Cup would be FAR bigger in this country than any AFL/NRL/Cricket event ever
>>
>>68452738
It would be, but not from actual australians. It would mostly be tourists watching their teams play.

Even with your """incredible""" tales of the MCG being sold out, the AFL grand final STILL has a higher average attendance
>>
>>68452765
I didnt even know about this one
>International Champions Cup (Manchester City v Real Madrid) 2015
>Attendance: 99,382

KEK, I take it " literally every wog in the whole country flew out to the MCG to see it " again?

it must be like an annual pilgrimage for them
>>
>>68452808
It literally is, especially since Real Madrid is a favourite of the wog
>>
>>68452834
As is Manchester City, being that they are a benefactor of local wogball.
>>
>>68450807
Did you finally move to Serbia to propose to Ivana's parents daniel?
>>
>>68453070
>>
>>68450807
>Slovakia

I V A N A
V
A
N
A
>>
File: concrete-lions.jpg (27 KB, 276x241) Image search: [Google]
concrete-lions.jpg
27 KB, 276x241
>>68452670
>I'm not even a wog

t. Stavros Ginopolouisios
>>
>>68452670
based krazyslavic
>>
Gentle reminder that this sport is irrelevant.
>>
>>68453333
elite truthbombs

will this poomunity ever recover?
>>
>>68453333
>those quads

Holy FUCK

will /cric/ EVER recover?
>>
File: checked.jpg (34 KB, 540x367) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
34 KB, 540x367
>>68453333

there is no coming back this time. >we're through.
>>
>>68453333
going to neck myself now lads
>>
>>68453333
Welp, time to post my pooicide note on twitter and an hero
>>
>>68453333
Sending this to the ICC lads, it's time we ended this meme of a sport once and for all
>>
>>68453429

Found the next place to expand cricket to lads
>>
>>68453429
>>
>>68453442
based daniel

how many millions should >we give them?
>>
getting some heat lads
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 900x1200
KEK

England are LITERALLY trying everything to get people to watch their county games
>>
>>68453588
why dont they just use one of those helmets that Basedtings uses in the BBL with the camera built in
>>
>>68453455

this board is truly insufferable outside of our poomunity
>>
>>68453623
Too much money. They've got to keep 453 counties across seven divisions afloat after all
>>
KEK

http://www.SmH.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/election-2016-yes-australia-was-invaded-by-british-says-malcolm-turnbull-20160614-gpilsu.html

The Abos are absolutely SEEEEEEEEETHING right now
>>
>>68453700
I literally agree with everything he said and WILL be voting yes for constitutional recognition
>>
>>68453719
So do I, except for the referendum part

I don't care about the issue, but it is definitely not worth spending millions on
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.