[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: AC5415_01_standard.jpg (340 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
AC5415_01_standard.jpg
340 KB, 2000x2000
Who else is of the opinion that whoever designed the EURO '16 ball had been in a coma since the 90s, and woke up just this year?
>>
>>68429108
Looks alright. Better than some Adidas balls we've seen over the past decade.
>>
>>68429108
you act like that's a bad thing
>>
>>68429197
>>68429210
It just seems like vintage design to me. I don't really dig it.
>>
>>68429108
They should just use the classic Adidas Tango ball forever
>>
>>68429108
retro futurism is the hip thing, i dig it
>>
File: Telstar.jpg (63 KB, 634x649) Image search: [Google]
Telstar.jpg
63 KB, 634x649
>>68429896
>Adidas Tango ball
Telstar desu
>>
>>68429108
>gets to page 10
>bounces back to page 1

SUCH BALL
>>
>>68435088
Did you smash it or was it more a little chip?
>>
File: football_PNG1091.png (1 MB, 1153x1160) Image search: [Google]
football_PNG1091.png
1 MB, 1153x1160
I hate these "modern" degenerate balls.

They should just bring back the classic ball.
>>
>>68429473
Its absolutely beautiful, because of both the retro design and it not looking like it was left in the corner of paint shop like the recent fucking Nike shits
>>
>I'll never get that Fevernova
>>
>>68435218
That's one of those tiny little squishy balls.
>>
Honest question: Why are there different balls for different tournaments? Is it just a different paint job or do they perform differently?

Coming from a basketball perspective, I can't imagine players tolerating a different ball every couple of years. Hell, they wouldn't even let the NBA change from leather to synthetic back in 2006!
>>
>>68435554
do you remember when the nba tried to switch to that recycled rubber ball or some shit or is that the same thing you're talking about

holy shit the players were losing their shit everywhere

also i think the design is pretty aesthetic
>>
>>68435554
marketing mainly: why use an old ball when you can put some new stickers on it and people will buy it
>>
>>68435655
Yeah, that's what was referring to. I remember Nash was pretty vocal about it (being the MVP).

Fucking David Stern
>>
>>68435554
They're different aerodynamically.

You'll hear goal keepers raging sometimes that some balls will bend or turn crazy making it impossible to save some blooters
>>
>>68435815
So why do people accept this inconsistency. I'd imagine games could won and lost on such differences
>>
>>68435872
both teams play with the same ball
>>
It's not a bad ball, I picked up a slightly cheaper version. Feels heavier than previous versions of balls that have came out. But overall a good ball.
>>
>>68435554
The wc 2010 ball (jabulani?) was notorious for being unpredictable in the air.
both strikers and keepers hated its behaviour
>>
Why have we moved away from good old leather balls anyway?
>>
>>68429108
A E S T H E T I C F O O T Y
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.