[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOX SPORTS 1 COMPLETELY JUST BTFO PERU RULES DIRECTORY DR. JOEL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6
File: rule doctor.jpg (69 KB, 673x443) Image search: [Google]
rule doctor.jpg
69 KB, 673x443
FOX SPORTS 1 COMPLETELY JUST BTFO PERU

RULES DIRECTORY DR. JOEL JUST CONFIRMED THAT IT WAS 100% HANDBALL

HE JUST ADVOCATED FOR VIDEO REPLAY AND SAID IT WAS A SHAME THAT THERE WAS NO VIDEO REPLAY

HE CALLED THE REF INCOMPETENT AND TRYING TO GET EVERYONE'S HELP BUT NO ONE ACTUALLY GOT A GOOD LOOK AT IT

HE JUST CALLED FOR VIDEO REPLAY TO "ABSOLUTELY" BE NEEDED

IS IT HAPPENING?
>>
>>68401612
It was so obviously a hand ball with his hand moving too. This is a disgrace.
>>
>>68401719
t. Brazil
>>
>>68401612
Who cares? The result is final. Brazil is out.
>>
AND THEN THEY SHOWED AND INTERVIEWED THE PLAYER WHO SCORED THAT GOAL AND THE ENTIRE FS1 CREW WAS BASICALLY MOCKING HIM

>player: it was a uh fast play, maybe it hit my hand I don't know
>FS1 crew: SUUUURE IT DID. NEVER ADMIT GUILT LOLOL
>>
if I understood that right when watching it, the reason it took so long to call was because he was trying to confirm with the line refs with what he called, and to find out for sure what the rule was. so apparently, since that ref called it fair and they can't overturn that ruling, the central ref announced that the goal stands.

if he was just allowed to review the video this shit wouldn't happen.
>>
>>68401719
Whatever Ecuador had a good goal ruled against them when they played Brazil. It evens out, the right teams are going through.
>>
>>68401612
>Fox Sport talking about football
ive listed the problem right there
>>
>>68401922
This is about the final result, this about video replay becoming a thing now.
>>
We don't care about the rules when it's against """big"""" teams
>>
File: question_mark.jpg (8 KB, 304x320) Image search: [Google]
question_mark.jpg
8 KB, 304x320
Question to murrcan soccer fans and all you third world bros

How would you feel if video replay and challenges suddenly became a thing in soccer like it did for baseball this past years?
>>
>>68401943
Well, I dont think any player would admit it inmediately after the game ended
>>
Kek just watched it for the 1st time. Dude literally volleyball spiked the ball in
>>
>>68402087
I'd be fine with it

The people against it often appeal to tradition or claim it hurts muh flow of the game

Then they turn around and whine when refs make the wrong decisions
>>
>>68402087
I'd be cool with it.

I'd also be cool with players from both teams staying the fuck away from the refs so they can do their jobs.
>>
>>68402087
I'm not sure. American sports usually have tons of TV commercials and end up being 3-4 hours long, while football is 45 minutes per period + 15 in between periods. The game would really slow down, but some sort of revision is needed
>>
>soccer is rigged
This isn't breaking news you faggot
>>
>>68401943
If I was him I would have said, "yeah I couldn't stop my hand's momentum and it totally pushed the ball in, it was still called a goal by the officials so if anyone has a problem, go ask them not me. I'm going to celebrate now bitches!"
>>
>>68402087
I think everyone would be happy as long as they do it in a way that won't make it annoying. I think they need to limit the amount of things you could possibly challenge for.
>>
>>68402129
I want to watch more postgame interviews with him in the coming days and watch his smug ass face. He knows what he did and what he got away with.
>>
>>68402087
I think it is necessary at this point.
>>
>caring about what any retard associated with fox has to say
They're just salty as fuck because of ratings being affected
>>
>>68402173
The game wouldn't slow down, it takes 5 seconds to check a replay and there's plenty of pauses naturally in football. They wouldn't check much plays per game either
>>
>>68402087
Would anyone actually seriously be against this?

I mean except peruvians.
>>
>>68402173
Just limit the amount of things they can check for. Things like offside shouldn't be able to be reviewed (that would definitely slow down the match too much). It should be used sparingly.
>>
File: jijihy567.jpg (147 KB, 720x280) Image search: [Google]
jijihy567.jpg
147 KB, 720x280
>>68401922
you don't deserve to be Chilean.
>>
>>68402158
>The people against it often appeal to tradition or claim it hurts muh flow of the game
That's literally what the people who were against it for baseball said. Now it's improved the game so much and so many calls have been fixed to the right ones. Not 100% but still way more than before.

Now if only we could get robot umps. Some of these umps today are blind as fuck.
>>
>>68402173

Not if they just use it only on questionable goal calls. It probably wouldn't happen more than once a game desu.
>>
>>68402324
Imagine the shitstorm that it would be generated every time. If a simple decision took 5 minutes in the Br - Peru game we would expect a similar outcome in other games
>>
>>68401943
>>FS1 crew: SUUUURE IT DID. NEVER ADMIT GUILT LOLOL
I need to see video of this
>>
>>68401612
(((Dr. Joel)))
>>
>>68402087
when I was growing up I actually thought it was a thing

there's no reason to not have it, there is enough discussion about what's a penalty and what's not to fight over
>>
>BBBBBBUT IT WILL SLOW THE GAME DOWN
>>
ok guys, let's move on from Brazil

How does the US fair against Ecuador?
>>
>>68402087
it's of utmost importance right now

this blatant ref mistakes ant keep happening
>>
The reason they don't want instant replay is because it's harder to fix matches
>>
Is he a real doctor?
>>
>>68402488
That may be true
>>
>>68402470
>there's no reason to not have it
That's not true though. Games are way easier to rig without replay technology, and FIFA profits from match fixing
>>
>>68402496

Beatable
>>
This situation sounds like one of those "you be the ref" things

Two teams are playing each other in a crucial elimination match for both in the group stages of the largest intercontinental tournament. It's a fierce game but it is nil-nil almost to the 80th minute when suddenly one team makes a rush towards the net, a cross comes in and the player BANGS IT IN FOR THE LEAD. Or so it seems, from your angle you actually though he may have used his hands but it happened so fast you couldn't tell. You believe your linesmen may have seen something. YOU ARE THE REF. WHAT DO YOU DO?
>>
>>68402496
50/50, ecuador should try to take advantage of how many yellow cards your monkeys have.
If you win, that's as far as you are going anyway.
>>
>>68402533
That's actually possibly more true.
>>
>>68402087
Matches would take fucking forever but it would definitely be great.
>>
>>68402607
Depends who I have money on
>>
>>68401612
stream where
>>
>>68402607
call it a goal so as not to be murdered by a mob a thousand angry peruvians
>>
>>68402607

I would have called it off just so I won't be gangraped by hues on the way home.
>>
>>68401976

It's been discussed several times and the pro-videoref sentiment is growing stronger. I really hope they adopt it in the near future.
>>
peru was also not awarded a penalty and video playback could've been used to award them the penalty. I say even stevens.
>>
>>68402568
well yes, I meant there is no intellectually honest reason

wondering if confederations cannot install their own rules on this and see what happens
>>
>>68402557
No it isn't. Did replays and challenges slow down baseball?
>>
>>68402441
What? It took long because there was no replay and the ref was looking for someone to confirm the call.

It would've taken ten seconds at most to have the correct call had they had a video replay ref or someone responsible for video replay on questionable calls.
>>
>>68402607
Which team paid me?
>>
>>68402634
If you've ever watched much football you know that there is maybe one challenge per game and it ends up taking a commercial break and the game continues. It wouldn't slow matches down at all, especially if they limited challenges to only situations like this.
>>
>>68402607
You can submit your own questions like this one to Keith Hackett (you are the ref guy from The Guardian).

if he considers that yours was the most interesting, you can win a t-shirt or other prizes.

go for it lad.
>>
>>68402087
Germany is starting tests next season. Won't get used until the season after that though.
>>
>>68401612
shtfu gringo faggot
>>
Not just the refs looking like confused headless chickens but the broadcasts didn't show the replay/slo-mo and they didn't show a replay/slow-mo on the giant foxbourough screen for the audience either. Then when the call was made, they immediately showed it and it was obvious how wrong it was.

What the fuck?
>>
>>68402607
Ask yourself,
"is Brazil getting eliminated?"
"Is dunga fired with that result?"
"Is a lot of money exchanging hands?"

If so: goal stands.
>>
>>68402634
>>68402173

It should be used for goals and dangerous tackles. The players' whining and fighting about a seemingly wrong call takes longer than it would to review the play.
>>
>>68401612
anyone have a webm of the shot?
>>
>>68402496
depends on our lineup. it's potentially winnable, but we're prone to spaghetti.
>>
>>68401943
FS1 can't into soccer

a goal is a goal nigga, ball don't lie. a win is a win get over it fucking cucks game i s over.

>>68402087
it's fucking terrible. mistakes happen it's part of the game.

ultimately the replay slow down takes more away than mistakes, which i can live with personally. i'm not in fucking court or in a science lab just let the lads play, let God sort it out.
>>
> he just want to play "murican football"
>>
>>68402758
I think they can. Uefa has the goalie red in CL and during the Euro. I'm surprised concacaf hasn't already implemented some sort of video replay for goals.
>>
>>68402399
disagree, i would altogether eliminate video review for baseball. it slows down the game way too much and is unnecessary plus add in all the other new rules and the mlb is basically the nfl.
>>
Friendly reminder that the refereeing team was all Uruguayan. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>68402894
No way, they did show it in stadium?
>>
>>68401612
Oh so the one time peru gets a ref ball, everyone shits bricks? Do you even watch futibol??
>>
>>68401612
>this flag
>this topic
>>
>>68403058
No they didn't show it all in the stadium

If they did, fans would have been probably running from their seats to kill the refs

>>68403114
Admit it, soccer needs a tune up and we are noticing the glaring flaws.
>>
>>68403071
this.

and 2nd that video replay is a disease.
>>68403144
>soccer needs a tune up and we are noticing the glaring fla
fuck off back to the nfl corporation "league"
>>
>>68403144
The point he is making is that you murrikans have no bussiness discussing this, the big boys will talk it out.
>>
>>68403114
Disculpa senor, ill go back to eating my cheeseburgers.
>>
>>68402315
Why do you feel the need to use a tripcode?
We don't care who you are or when you post
>>
>>68403144
>Admit it, soccer needs a tune up and we are noticing the glaring flaws.
the thing is, a good point raised by americans is stubbornly resisted on principle even if they secretly think we might be right

I mean look at how long it took to implement the spray can thing to mark free kick distance. iirc we didn't invent it but we pushed for it more, then we have reports coming out that they won't use it in major international tournaments because some scientist somewhere said that the fumes cause cancer.

they don't want to admit we might be right, ever. if they ever do adopt something, they'll minimize anything we ever had to do with it and come up with some other reason.
>>
>>68403198
Just like you all fixed FIFA and all the corruption within.
>>
File: banditkeith.jpg (76 KB, 992x991) Image search: [Google]
banditkeith.jpg
76 KB, 992x991
>>68403198
America fixed fifa corruption and now we're going to fix archaic "tradition" that leads to horribly wrong outcomes.

Just try and stop us.
>>
>>68403196
-t: Peruvian vacationing in the us
>>
>>68403564
seriously fuck off and enjoy at least a couple tournaments before offering your advice to fix soccer
>>
>tfw America is going to fix soccer
>we still won't watch it since even in it's best possible form it's still a shit "sport" for third worlders who can't afford equipment
>there's nothing any of you can do about it
>>
>>68403724
Fuck off hipster faggot. The semen slurping euros and poorshit SA's look at you with disdain for being a cuck and a traitor to your nation.
>>
>CUM IN BOWL too poor to afford goal line technology.
>>
>>68402087
This needs to happen in all sports, it's ducking 2016, itd be instant replays, and they take 2 minute commercial breaks every 5 minutes anway, I have no problem going to a commercial to get the correct fucking call. Any refs against replay just want to still accept bribes.
>>
>>68403751
>>68403833
>for third worlders who can't afford equipment
If only it was that simple. FIFA is against the use of technology, they will always try to make up some silly excuse. As it stands, only some sort of movement from fans or maybe a scandal could change this.
>>
>>68403990
There are movements from fans and lots of scandals.
>>
File: 1277970399383.jpg (10 KB, 229x294) Image search: [Google]
1277970399383.jpg
10 KB, 229x294
>All these cucks trying to remove memes and banter from sports

Bad calls make shit interesting and memorable.
>>
>>68403796
you have serious autism. why would i care about your opinion you are a piece of shit.
>>
>>68404127
>that flag
>>
the actual problem of technology is that it fucks up everything but the top level.

only the major international tournaments and rich yuro leagues would be able to have video replays and all that shit. serious refs want to perform at that level cause it's the top and it makes you more money, yet it would mean they actually have less responsibility at the top. then why fucking try?
>>
>>68403269
You can not compare the spray to mark a kick spot to actually stopping the game every 5 minutes to watch a replay. If you really watch futbol you'd know better.

And what's with that >we might be right >we ever had to do

What's the point of your trip if you are going to get behind the "we murica" to defend an argument.
>>
>>68404329
>every 5 minutes

I swear the literal same shit was said from those who opposed baseballs replays/challenges. That didn't even come close to turning out to be the case. Just stop.
>>
>>68404357
>Baseball literally resets after every play/pitch whatever you call it
>HURR WHY DOESN'T SOCCER JUST CHANGE!?

Lmao audible keks.
>>
>>68404127
Melanie Robillard?
>>
>>68404426
>flag
>>
>>68404329
yeah but if the ball is in the back of the net the game is stopped anyway so why not take the time then?
>>
>>68404357
Comparing a contact sport with baseball, seriouslly stop.
>>
>>68404547
This.
>>
>>68403751
MLS of all leagues gets to pioneer the use of instant replay

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/06/02/mls-major-league-soccer-video-replay-referees
>>
>>68405061
Based.
>>
>>68401612
Disgusting refball. Faggots and the hypocritical press are celebrating in here as if we had won the world cup. Hope Colombia ends this meme soon.
>>
>>68401612
REFBALL CONFIRMED
>>
I thought the refs were checking to see if there was evidence that it wasn't a goal. There was no clear evidence to show that it was a handball so the call couldn't be overturned.

Also, they're playing in Foxborough...
>>
>>68405284
Heh, the cheating curse continues...
>>
>>68405284

>Also, they're playing in Foxborough...

Based Leaf
>>
>>68403917
i prefer no commercials, they can accumulate the calls and apply them later, like a goal wrongly called, they can deduct the score, or an uncalled penalty, they can award it at the end (imagine if they miss 3 penalties, and the game ends in a draw, only for the refereee to say, no!, 3 penalties, now!, perfect)
>>
>>68401970
This. Even if the Peru match ended as a draw, they deserved a loss against Ecuador.
>>
>>68402087

if they do it, they should make more rules with regards to time wasting.

goalies should strictly be restricted to 6 seconds of hands time that starts the second the ball is GRABBED

throw ins take 6 seconds max, just like in futsal.

free kicks have a timer of 30 seconds, defence must clear 10 yards within 6 seconds or get cards.

penalties need to be resolved within 30 seconds.

shit like that. just make the game quicker if you're gonna slow it with video refs
>>
>>68405284
Peru taking a page from the pats playbook I see
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.