[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Championship Droughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: clark_the_cub-e1389677744743.jpg (39 KB, 290x458) Image search: [Google]
clark_the_cub-e1389677744743.jpg
39 KB, 290x458
Who will end a championship drought first?

The Chicago Cubs, or the entire city of Cleveland?

As an honorary mention, we can throw in the Arizona Cardinals too.
>>
The Cardinals are going to win the Super Bowl this year
>>
>>68299805
>which will end first
Cardinals>Cleveland>>>>The virginity of everyone who has ever browsed 4chan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cusb
>>
File: Wahoo.png (932 KB, 640x767) Image search: [Google]
Wahoo.png
932 KB, 640x767
Chief Wahoo gonna win one fer Da Land
>>
>>68299805
da land will likely luck into a chip b4 the cusb ever do
>>
Cubs will never win a world series game as long as Wrigley stands. It is the curse of the Goat and it is not to be messed with.

They might win a WS but they'll have to do it winning all 4 on the road (which means the NL must win the AS game).
>>
>>68299805
None, humanity will go extinct in 2123. It will literally be the year 10^100AD and the Cubs, Eagles and Browns still won't have a ring. Black holes will evaporate and the universe will have to be reborn with rewritten laws before those teams win the big one. Of course in this new reality they'll be called something else.
>>
>>68300380
All of those teams have rings they just won them in grandfather era.
>>
File: 1462458417074.jpg (39 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1462458417074.jpg
39 KB, 255x255
>>68299805
>mfw browns pull a 99 rams, come out of fucking nowhere for one year and squeak in a owl
>>
>>68299805
>there are roughly 300 people left in the entire world that were alive when the Cubs won the World Series
>>
File: da land outhouse.jpg (250 KB, 795x568) Image search: [Google]
da land outhouse.jpg
250 KB, 795x568
definitely not the city of Cleveland.

Cleveland is one of the most rapidly evacuated cities in the country. Their industry is almost dead and they have zero geographic advantage for growth in that sector. Anybody with investment money left years ago for greener pastures and the reality of that is starting to settle in with the city planners. Infrastructure is collapsing and the ghetto is growing. They literally don't have the resources to knock down abandoned buildings, and instead, allow heroin addicts and back-alley abortion clinics to occupy the space. Cleveland will never recover from the poor economic planning of their elected officials, let alone win any sort of professional sports title. By the time this generations Cleveland sports fans come of age the entire city will be a complete shit-hole and avoided by all costs. 20 years from now there won't be a professional sports team in that city and the term fly-over will feel like a compliment.

If you are reading this and live in Cleveland please do yourself an enormous favor and get the fuck out. relocate, transfer, move, whatever the fuck. Just do us all a favor and don't force us to watch your real-time decay. You don't deserve it and we sure as fuck don't deserve it either.
>>
>>68299805
the indians are going to win this year though
>>
>>68300529
You are describing Cleveland in the late 70s. It is like Pittsburgh, it got so bad it couldn't get any worse and is now better.

Plus the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area suburbs have always been idyllic and super nice.
>>
I was born and raised in in the New Orleans area and NEVER thought I'd see the Saints win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.... until it just happened.

Never give up hope that a fluke year could occur.

Hell, if Durant had just un-choked himself for one more game we might be talking Cavs up 3-1 now, who the fuck knows. All it takes is Curry's glass knee to blow and it's wide open next year.... or it could finally, FINALLY, give in Game 5, who the fuck knows.
>>
>>68300592
Not him (Columbus resident here) but he's right. Cleveland is the 2nd fastest depopulating city in the nation, the 1st is Detroit. Pittsburgh rebounded, Cincy sort of rebounded, but Cleveland and Detroit just keep on dying.
>>
File: scenic streets of oakland.jpg (140 KB, 645x430) Image search: [Google]
scenic streets of oakland.jpg
140 KB, 645x430
>>68299805
Cusb's drought is literally twice as long, and they're a shit franchise with worse fans.

>>68300529
We get it you don't know what you're talking about.

BTW this is an actual picture of Oakland in its prime.
>>
>>68300468
http://sincethecubswon.tumblr.com/

>tumblr

But this is actually a good and disturbing read.
>>
>>68300657
Again old info, Cleveland is one of the fastest growing cities in population and economy.
https://www.clevelandfoundation.org/news_items/millennial-residents/

I don't know why people are so emotionally invested in picking on a city they've never been to. It's sad really.
>>
Cleveland fans don't deserve anything

Worst fans in the entire nation, how do you guys defend this shit?
>>68300476
>>
>>68300839
Nope. I'm on phone so not assed searching for shit but look up actual population change trends.
>>
>>68300903
>two likes
Looks like no one is defending it.

>I'm actually THIS OBSESSED with a city I supposedly hate

Kill yourself
>>
>>68300657
I thought the suburbs 10 miles outside of Detoilet were GOAT but nobody wants to live in the city proper with crazy nigger politicians
>>
>>68300374
>They might win a WS but they'll have to do it winning all 4 on the road (which means the NL must win the AS game).
>Cusb are an NL team

wat
>>
>>68301008
Same goes for Cleveland, northeast Ohio suburbs are some of the wealthiest in the nation, but the city itself is a bombed out nigger shithole full of decaying factories.
>>
>>68301052

yeah they'd win 110 games a year with a DH and that short left field meme porch
>>
In what order will these happen:

Chicago Cubs WS win
non-FSU ACC team winning the national championship
Arizona Cardinals SB win
Canadian NHL Stanley Cup win
non-South American/European WC win
Netherlands WC win
>>
>>68302074
1. Clemson (ACC) wins Natty in next 5 years
2. Cardinals will win the SB in 10 years
3. any of that stupid furpuck or divegrass shit
9001. Cusb WS win
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.