[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SERIOUS DISCUSSION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (39 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 800x800
Now that GS has this one wrapped up, how can we stop the 3 point meme?
>>
>>68297214

Why shouldn't the sport of basketball reward players who are very very good at putting the ball in the hoop from an extra-far distance, with an extra point? Why are basketball fans so assmad about this?

-serious question from an apehoop casual
>>
>>68297214
Cleveland can still come back. Remember that GS was down 3-1 against OKC
>>
>>68297396

>let me use the team that is currently leading my team in the most important series, as a counter-example because that exact same team came back in a less important but really it's pretty much the same importance series, in like circumstances

>we can recover against a really strong team because that exact same team's resiliance provides an example of what we can realistically do

Denali is a mountain in Alaska
>>
File: 1411613000472.gif (2 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1411613000472.gif
2 MB, 160x120
>>68297396
>>
>>68297384

Fans are just mad that they dont get to watch glorified cockfighting in the post up game and it's now becoming a skill oriented game.
>>
>>68297567
Top kek anon, these Cavs fans are delusional.
>>
>>68297214
Ask OKC, they managed to do it for 3 games before Durant started choking.
>>
>>68297384
Consider this, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson shot a combined 44% from three this year. This means that the expected points per possession from a three point shot from those players is 1.32. The league as a whole averages 1.06 points per possession so it's easy to see why just having those two players chuck threes all game is an overpowered strategy.
>>
muh change the rules when my team doesn't win
>>
>>68298491
Do the Splash Bros go down in the history books if (when) they win the chip and rules have to be made to limit their effectiveness?
>>
You don't stop it.

I think I've finally cracked, I'm conceding.

Steph Curry is the greatest player ever and we are witnessing the most pure, fundamentally sound basketball of all time being played.
>>
>>68298617
Yes,it's like how Wilt got a bunch of rules changed to stop him, or how the NCAA banned dunking because of Kareem. Curry and Thompson would be on that level.
>>
>>68298002
Well yeah, what if we are mad? So what? What's wrong with preferring basketball be played a certain way, in a certain style?
>>
>>68298832
>how the NCAA banned dunking because of Kareem
Neat, didn't know that.
>>
>>68298491
>chucking
I can tell you and the other parroting assclaps that say this can't shoot a 3's to save your life.
>>
>my team can't win
>change the rules, it's not fair!

HAHAAHAHAAH

Suck it contrarians!
>>
>>68298617
>>68298832
No.

You just need a team that has length and athleticism to disrupt their 3s. Basically OKC but they fucking spilled the spaghetti.

It's not similar to Wilt's time at all when he a fucking giant surrounded by noting but little whitey.
>>
>>68297214
You dont, teams have to defend pin downs and other screen plays better. And even then a good shooter is gonna make some shots or blow past a closeout.
>>
>get rid of the rules that everyone plays by equally because someone else is better at it than you

You know what? I want the rim dropped 6 ft because I can't dunk and that isn't fair. This sport is broken because the rim is too high. Nobody should have to leave their feet in order to dunk.
>>
>>68298941
this is why i know you're a warriors bandwagon has never watched basketball before, they've changed the rule for dozens of teams because of literally one single player exploiting rule. go google it.
>>
There's nothing wrong with shooting 3's.
The problem is shooting too many 3's. It's like taking a gamble
>>
>>68297214
as long as there is 3 point line you dont

but it's never been a problem, still isn't a problem. you force a player to play outside, he better know how to play outside.

curry knows how to play outside and that's not even saying he cant drive. its just hes a storm of his own
>>
>>68297214
>Now that GS has this one wrapped up, how can we stop the 3 point meme?

Call moving screens when they happen as it is written in the rulebook.

People won't be so wildly open.
>>
>>68299748
>Call moving screens when they happen as it is written in the rulebook.
The ironing.
>>
>>68299748
Don't be mad over that game. There were a shit ton of fouls on both ends that did not get a call.
The most blatant one being at the end of the 2nd which should have been 3 free throws for iggy, but actually resulted on a T for Steve Kerr
>>
>>68297214
Dunking
>>
>>68297214
turn the tide of public opinion and viewership against them

draymond might do it all by himself
>>
>>68299717
Every shot you take is a gamble
>>
>>68297214
Option 1: let the road team determine the location of the 3-pt line. Extra benefit: reduces home court advantage.

Option 2: reduce value of long shots, i.e. make it a 2.5-pt line.
>>
>>68299870
therefore there's nothing wrong with 3's.
No one ever says "omg stop shooting 2's. shoot 3's"
>>
>>68297214
okc is going to win the title next year
>>
>>68299664
>You know what? I want the rim dropped 6 ft because I can't dunk and that isn't fair. This sport is broken because the rim is too high. Nobody should have to leave their feet in order to dunk.
actually, I'm a 6' tall white boy who REALLY wanted to play in the NBA. I would practice jump shots, ball handling, passing, defense, and JUMPING pretty much every minute I was awake and not in school.

I remember the first time I dunked the ball on a regulation 10' hoop. I was stoked. It was a LOT of effort to get those type of hops, I know I worked at least 3 times as hard at my game then all the 6'6" monsters I was playing against.

I was an all state Shooting Guard, specialized in the 3. But I had a great inside game too, of course in high school its a lot easier to have a great inside/post game when being 6' tall makes you average height. I never got a single call or look from a D1 program. ended up playing D1 at Niagara as a walk on. Of course I'm not salty about that, simply put I wasn't blessed with the BBall genes, I was the shortest man in my family (and amusingly the only one who wanted to play bball), and while i had great game, there were lots of people who worked as hard as i did at that level, who were 6" taller then me too.

That's why I love the m3m3 ball warriors and steph curry. As a small 3 point chucker myself, i am in absolute AWE of the talent and skill, and hard work he must have put in to become that great.

I think the bitches winning about m3m3 ball just can't shoot, and spent all their time practicing dunks. It's why I don't have sympathy for the bitches who can't shoot free throws. I would shoot free throws, hundreds, for hours on end deep into the night in my driveway till i could hit them blindfolded (seriously blindfolded, I still can hit them blindfolded). I'm sure those guys just never thought it was important to work on.
>>
>>68299935
Nice blog post faggot

Kill yourself
>>
other teams should just git gud
>>
>>68298002
>they dont get to watch glorified cockfighting in the post up game

>take the only thing interesting (chimpouts) out of the game
>expect people to be happy

If I'm going to watch niggers it for the violence
>>
>>68300096
nah brah let's change the rules
>>
>>68300476
you dont
>>
>>68299916
>implying Durant stays with OKC
>>
>>68299705

what rule is he exploiting?
>>
Can we just have proper officiating? These lanky ass ugly black dudes falling all over eachother and crying to the refs is making this like soccer. The refs don't want to call anything because a lebron Iso can draw a foul every time. Instead we get both teams fouling and acting like absolute shit heads destroying the simplest major sport. We wouldn't have so many m3m3s if there wasn't a jumble of dudes beating the shit out of eachother under the hoop. I don't think I've seen a proper box out all series. Also if I see draymond go straight up and then kick someone in the balls and hear the announcers praise his ability to go straight up again I think Im done following basketball. I think it's heavily rigged desu even going back to the Spurs thunder series the refs have just been sitting idly by while the players cry and beat the crap out of eachother to try to get an open shot.
>>
>>68299748
If they called travelling as it's written LeChimp might never make another fg in his pathetic career
>>
>>68299935
lol
>>
>>68299874
Literally retarded, what's the benefit of finishing 1st if there would be actual rules to make that a disadvantage?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.