[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAVS FAN FIRED AFTER HATEFUL TWEETS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: lebron.png (131 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
lebron.png
131 KB, 350x254
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/cavaliers-fan-fired-lose-job-hateful-tweets-sydel-stephen-curry-sister

Fuck you soft Warrior faggots. Do people in Commiefornia not believe in freedom of speech?

I hope LeBron fucks Curry on the court. I actually want to see Warrior fans die now
>>
>>68283635
I'm a Cavs fan and I'll be the first to tell you that you don't understand the meaning of the first amendment at all.
>>
>>68283765
You're a moron. I served in the military and this is a clear violation of the first amendment

I didn't get almost shot in Iraq for this shit
>>
>>68283635
Freedom of speech means you have the right to say what you want (with very few exceptions) without fear of imprisonment.

It does not means you are immune to all repercussions.

Anyone dumb enough to shitpost under his own name deserves what he gets.
>>
>>68283952
Lol nevermind, sorry I responded to old bait
>>
>>68283981
Except that's also a violation of due process. How do things work where you live?

People can't get fired for shit they say off the job.
>>
>>68283952
It's not a violation of the first amendment because the government neither punished nor censored him for his comment, his own employer did. You really don't understand free speech.

I also don't believe you served in the military.
>Inb4 i was just trolling
>>
>>68284051
Yes they can and you clearly don't understand due process either.
>>
>>68284051
>People can't get fired for shit they say off the job.
Depends entirely on your terms of employment.
>>
>>68284097
In my job, we are allowed to say whatever we want without any reprocussions. And I work for the government

He worked for a real estate broker. They are subject to the same rules we are because real estate licenses are governed by the government

Imagine if y'all got fired for the shit you post here?
>>
>>68284359
He didn't have his license revoked, did he. Did he.

Did he.

Thanks for playing.
>>
>>68284172
You know his employer is getting sued now, right? Because that's clear employment discrimination
>>
>>68284359
>In my job, we are allowed to say whatever we want without any reprocussions. And I work for the government

You only think that

>>68284359

>Imagine if y'all got fired for the shit you post here?
There's a difference between remaining anonymous and posting as your own person while representing a group you work for.
>>
>>68284562
>Because that's clear employment discrimination
No, it's not. Where do you chucklefucks get this shit from?
>>
>>68283635

>complaining about getting fired

Snitching is a form of banter
>>
>>68283635
Lol, what's the point with people flaming on one another, get's you nowhere, and this person lost their job. What a fucking fool.
>>
>>68284642
>representing a group you work for

Oh, I didn't know someone's private twitter is representative of their company

>>68284731
Because he's being discriminated from his legally allowed viewpoint. Viewpoint discrimination is a clear violation of the first amendment

Did you guys learn anything from high school government class or did you all fall asleep through it?
>>
>>68284748
>>68284801
Ok, then give me your employers address

Let's see how long you last on the job
>>
>>68284854
If your behavior reflects poorly on your place of work and their choice to employ you, buh bye.

This isn't discrimination in the slightest.

>Did you guys learn anything from high school government class or did you all fall asleep through it?

Did you even make it through college or did you party through it?
>>
>>68284961
Yeah

someone's private twitter is reflective of a company.

Let's go into people's journals and diaries and fire them based on those thoughts too.

This is the world Warriors fans want to live in
>>
>>68285039
>"private" twitter
It's 2016 anon
>>
>>68285039
I already told you I'm a Cavs fan. Born and raised here and been a Cavs fan since the days of the Richfield Coliseum and I am defending this company's decision.
>>
File: 1380692301860.jpg (21 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1380692301860.jpg
21 KB, 720x480
>>68285039
>a private journal is the same thing as making a post on a public forum broadcasting whatever you're saying to the entire world
>>
>trolling with your real name
>get rekt
No sympathy at all
>>
>>68285102
>>68285128
Were those tweets meant to reflect on the company? Were they done IN THE COURSE of company business?

NO YOU SAY? Then it's illegal

>>68285120
I don't give a damn who you're a fan of, but you're definitely not a fan of the constitution.

Why don't you wear your Steph Curry jersey tonight?
>>
>>68285039
>social media
>private
>in a world where the internet is becoming more widely used than ever
>>
>>68285214
>I don't give a damn who you're a fan of, but you're definitely not a fan of the constitution.

So let me get this straight. You believe in the freedom of speech. But you don't believe in a free capitalist market? You want government intervention to determine who business owners can and cannot hire or fire? You want privately owned companies to be run by the government?

Is that what you are saying?

You are claiming to be pro-liberty but denying liberty to business owners.
>>
>>68285214
It doesn't matter if you're at work or not. By working for a company, you become associated with it. If you very publicly say or do some horrible shit, it makes them look bad because you're part of them, and they have every right to sever ties with you to protect their image.

You're completely fucking naive if you honestly think that work life and personal life are ever entirely separate.
>>
Why is it that someone gets fired after saying something about steph curry, but people say shit about LeBron all the time and nothing happens to them?

Most protected athlete of all fucking time, I swear.
>>
>>68285334
>But bossman, I only do heroine in the evenings and post pictures of it to instagram later at night. It doesn't reflect my position here at all.
>>
>>68285346
Light skin privilege
>>
>>68285438
>Light skin

I thought the term was diet nigger
>>
>>68285346
Wow, the dude was saying shit about Steph's entire family. Steph's sister called the kid out on it and he wouldn't shut up. Eventually his employer caught wind of his employee making an embarrassment of himself in the national spotlight as media was picking up on it and fired him.
>>
>>68285334
What did that dude say that was so wrong, that they could conflate it with their place of employment?

OH WOW HE SAID SOMETHING AGAINST RILEY CURRY

Who cares. Grow some thick skin
>>
>>68285346
What was said is far less important than the fact that it went public. You can say all kinds of terrible shit but if it stays out of the public eye, it doesn't really matter because there's no blowback on anyone associated with you. But if it makes its way out onto the airwaves, you're fucked.
>>
>>68285517
No one would have cared if he had backed down and hadn't made such a spectacle of himself, but he was one of those types who just doesn't know when to stop.
>>
>>68285491
>Steph's entire family

Were there any threats? Any specific threats?

You don't think this might actually have negative blowback?
>>
>ITT: anons pretending to be pro-constitution for free speech but think that private businesses should be run by the government.
>>
File: cuckafornia.jpg (2 MB, 2234x2994) Image search: [Google]
cuckafornia.jpg
2 MB, 2234x2994
>>
>what is company policy
>>
>>68285633
>getting his twitter posted all over Bleacher Report
>people looking up his public profile
>not negative blowback
>>
>>68285653
>private business

So lets pretend that real estate licenses aren't controlled by the government?
>>
>>68285703
No one stripped him of his real estate license.
>>
>>68285517
You can get mad and expect all of society to realign itself to your expectations, or you can deal with the world we actually live in. And the simple fact is that guilt by association is bigger than ever thanks to the ease and speed with which information travels. Fair or not, the media and the mob descend on the associates of people stupid or unlucky enough to make asses of themselves in public, and no sane company wants to deal with that kind of scrutiny or negative association. So, they fire the person and make a statement that they want nothing to do with (insert pejorative) in order to distance themselves as quickly and cleanly as possible from the situation.
>>
File: incredible.gif (2 MB, 387x309) Image search: [Google]
incredible.gif
2 MB, 387x309
>It's a "Anon thinks freedom of speech means freedom from criticism" episode
>>
>>68285736
The company employs people WITH a real estate license, therefore the company falls under partial government control

If the company decided to lie in their contracts, you don't think the government wouldn't step in?
>>
>>68285665
All the mad SJWs that their hero, Steph Curry, can't take criticism so they harass people's private lives
>>
What the fuck was he fired for? It's not like he threatened to kill them or something.
>>
>>68285788
lol... That's not how it works at all... How old are you?

Are you saying that people where I work can't be fired by the company just because they have a security clearance?
>>
>>68283635
Aside from this not being a first amendment issue... California isn't a champion of the first amendment or second amendment for that matter.

California doesn't like the presence of alternative opinions.
>>
>>68285924
The only thing California is a champion of anymore is welfare and illegal immigrants. This state is a disgrace.
>>
>>68285993
California should honestly be ceded to Mexico at this point.
>>
>>68285665

>Make America Mexico again

I just don't understand why chicanos can't adapt to America's culture. They try so hard to force our culture despite being the outsiders.
>>
>>68286021
Californian here - it already has been.
>>
>>68283635
>freedom of speech?
Only protects you from the government not your employee
>>
>>68286021
I'd rather burn it to the ground than let them have it. Spics don't deserve it, they're a bunch of useless greasy idiots who couldn't make a worthwhile country even with more than 200 years to get their shit together.
>>
>>68286140
He's convinced that he can't be fired by his employer because the state manages real estate licenses apparently and for some reason has convinced himself that equals government censorship. He's an idiot.
>>
>>68286188
lol, go post that on your normiebook and tag your employer.
>>
>>68286268
>adding anyone from work on social media

why would you do this
>>
>>68286295
Why would you defend someone who was stupid enough to post his public information and real name which was accessible to others who could inform his employers then?
>>
>>68286353
I wouldn't.
>>
>>68286400
Sorry, had you confused with OP
>>
>>68284051
Due process has nothing to do with terminating an employee contract. He isn't being put in jail, so he still is free to say what he wants. You conservacucks want a free market, but when a business acts how they want, you want more regulations and cry about constitutional rights that don't apply to the given situation. Which way do you want it?
>>
>>68286671
Fucking this. And nothing makes me REEEEEE harder then when I see neocons and tea partiers trying to jump on the libertarian bandwagon for only a single issue that suits them.

Dems are guilty of it too though 2bh.
>>
>>68286671
So people should get fired for saying shit on twitter that might hurt people's feelings?

How soft has society become
>>
>>68290536
So employers should be forced to keep employees who are making them look bad?
>>
>>68285924
This kind of shit should be contained in California, not the rest of the states
>>
>>68290605
>making them look bad
>twitter is private
>tweet has nothing to do with the job

Uhhhh
>>
>>68290536
the creators of twitter and instagram need to be gassed
>>
>>68290687
can't gas them for making money off of other people's stupidity
>>
>>68290732
Twitter doesn't make money, fampai

Tech bubble is gonna burst in the next 10 years and we'll finally have a legitimate reason for hating the Bay Area
>>
>>68290687
Both Commiefornian inventions.

I'm surprised Mexicans were smart enough to use a computer
>>
>>68290638
Obviously it's not private, since they were able to find out who this dude is and where he works
>>
>>68290844
Because some butthurt SJW Warrior fan reported it, like the thought police

Honestly, I'm tempted to find out where she lives and give her a good lesson in the first amendment. I should probably translate it into Spanish first.
>>
>>68285214
>I don't give a damn who you're a fan of, but you're definitely not a fan of the constitution.

You obviously don't understand the Constitution. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. Freedom of speech means that the government cannot censor or punish you for what you say. The Ku Klux Klan still exists because they have the freedom to peacefully assemble and say what they want.

If your personal employer finds out that you are a member of the Ku Klux Klan, they can fire you since keeping you employed while knowing of your involvement reflects poorly upon the company.
>>
>>68290536
Depending on the contract you agree on, an employer can fire you for whatever they want if they feel like you don't meet their requirements. Don't get butthurt when you suddenly realize that behaving irresponsibly can actually affect your life.
>>
>>68292651
Yeah, except most employers would get SUED if that happened
>>
>>68284051
There was a pretty public case not too long ago of an elementary school teacher who got fired for a Facebook post in which she said her students were all little criminals.
>>
>>68292729
Anyone can get sued for anything, it doesn't mean anything except to outline how crooked our society has become.
>>
>>68283635
LOL this dude must be salty as fuck now
>>
test
>>
File: 1454974326078.webm (1015 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
1454974326078.webm
1015 KB, 360x640
""""cavs"""" fan like that are the reason I love watching lebron lose. they don't deserve to have their shity city wide drought ended. same with the cubs, doing my boy bartman like that. I legitimately hope he leaves them again.
>>
>>68296401
The city of lost dreams.

Aspirations of going big? Come to Cleveland and we'll break your jaw, shit down your throat, hogtie you, fuck you sideways, dip you in pig blood, shove an apple in your mouth, give you 40 lashes with rebar, and kill your kids.

Such a beautiful city we have.
>>
>>68299568
The actual city part is pretty lame but the burbs and shit 30 mins outside of it are pretty nice. It's cheap too.

Though if I had to pick an ohio city to live in I'd choose columbus any day
>>
File: 606258274.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
606258274.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>68283635
gotta love how lebitch fans flop all over again, literally can't stop throwing more shit n excuses
>>
>>68283635
His job fired him, it's not a free speech issue.

Talk shit with your real name, get hit by private sector. Everything has a consequence.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.