[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain why top baseball players make more than top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1300x1030) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1300x1030
Can someone explain why top baseball players make more than top footballers? No salary cap In Europe, same roster size and football is king with no competition around the world and still guys like Greinke and David price make more in salary than guys like Neymar,bale,tsu. On the field only so don't bring up endorsements
>>
because they play harder sports..

it's not rocket surgery
>>
>>68253835
>same roster size

My team has almost 100 players under contract wtf are you talking about? NBA teams have 15 players or something.
>>
Baseball has 17 minutes of actual playing time while football is 90 minutes
>>
>that flag
>calling soccer football

kys my man
>>
>>68253835
Because anyone can plan soccer. Average player is like 5'9 140. Baseball players are like average 6'2 210. Supply and demand. Same thing with the nba.
>>
>>68253900
Baseball has an entire decelopmental system not entirely unlike major soccer clubs. They probably have close to 90 players between minors and the league.
>>
File: 1461241417157.jpg (56 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
1461241417157.jpg
56 KB, 599x602
>>68253891
>Stand in one spot and throw a ball when it comes to you

>Running for 90-120 minutes

lol
>>
>>68253835
Baseball doesn't have transfer fees.
>>
>>68253991
This. Men's sports always pay better than women's.
>>
>>68254031
>jogging for 70 minutes
>walking for 10
>standing around while an "injury" occurs for 8
>sprinting for 2
>>
Because they play 162 fucking games in huge stadiums full of geriatrics with nothing else to do, idiot
>>
>>68253991
6' 2" ?

You know about Dominican Republic, right ?
Korea ?

>just wondering
>>
Because they play like 4x the amount of games.
>>
>>68254175
>I only watch soccer when the world cup is on: The Post
>>
Going by http://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall the top baseball players make less than the top footballers.
>>
>>68254031
Deciding to hit a ball or as its hurled towards you at 90 mph. Being able to hit it and hit it correctly. Having enough power to drive it. Being fast enough to run not to get outed. Etc etc etc
Versus
Running and kicking a ball for 90 minutes occasionally falling down if someone touches you
I'm not a baseball or soccer fan.

But baseball takes more skill. Way way more skill.

Literally anyone can play soccer and succeed if they are lucky and try.

Baseball no. Genetic freaks with insane reaction times, hand eye coordination able to generate insane amounts of power and pin point where they want to go
>>
>>68253835
??
>>
>>68254419
>Literally anyone can play soccer and succeed if they are lucky and try

There's a reason baseball is called luckswing on /sp/. Most of the time you miss and sometimes some ape on roids hits a home run. wew lad
>>
>>68254217
Nope average player is just under 6'2.
Power hitters and pitchers are huge
>>
>>68254549
>Canada trying to troll
>just making an ass out himself
>doesn't realized he's being trolled
>>
Because squaring up a cylindrical bat on a spinning spherical projectile travelling upwards of 100 mph is god damn near impossible. Let alone doing it 3 out 10 at bats.
>>
>>68253835
What is the state of soccer in the United States?
>>
>>68254468
MLS is on the list?
Jesus, they need to pay more for players.
>>
I think it's enough
Football players don't need to be paid 20 million euros a year
I'm a PSG fan but the amount of money we spend on some shitty players like Cavani or Van der Wiel is unbelievable
>>
>>68254052
It has nothing to do with players' income
>>
File: stargell.jpg (55 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
stargell.jpg
55 KB, 850x400
Because when you think about it, hitting a baseball with any sort of consistency whatsoever is fucking maddening to even consider. People like Tony Gwynn, Pete Rose, Ted Williams and Ty Cobb are basically fucking magicians, it's a true craft.
>>
The real answer is unions.
>>
There is more elite football players than baseball elite players.
>>
>>68255195
Zlatan was paid that or more
>>
>>68254419
I'm a die hard NFL fan, and I like it a lot better than soccer, so I'm not an anti-murrica guy, but this post is retarded.
>>
>>68253835
greinke and price are pitchers, i don't know anything about soccer but i would wager they don't have positions that are vastly more important than others.
>>
Could it have something to do with playing 160 games?

that sounds like it would suck dick
>>
the state of soccer in the United States is?
>>
>>68254200
This

Much more revenue
>>
>>68255175
As always, it's in a state of irrelevancy.
>>
>>68254549
terrible attempt at a shitpost
canadians suck at banter
>>
>>68255472
He was paid 18 million euros after taxes
We paid him 27 million before taxes
>>
>>68255947
I know that in the United States, there is a state (or a city) where soccer is the most popular sport
>>
>>68255623
Your best scorer is your most paid player usually
That's why Ronaldo, Messi, Zlatan and co. top the charts
>>
>>68254200
It took this many posts before dubs confirmed the right answer.
>>
>>68254031
I love this >soccer players run 90 minutes meme
I've watched plenty of games. 10 guys stand or maybe shuffle, one guy runs. Stop for fuck sake
>>
>>68253900
Each MLB team has six minor league affiliate teams, each with about 25 players, plus the major league team. So nearly 200 players total

>>68254200
anyway, this
>>
File: 1462723964879.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1462723964879.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>68253835
>On the field only so don't bring up endorsements
>Lets talk about how much athletes make but disregard a large portion of income because it would disprove my point

Your answer is here
>>68254468
and here
>>68254200

America is a developed nation and has a much larger population than any individual European country. People here can afford to spend money on baseball games, and all that merchandise. Baseball hats are no doubt the best selling sports merchandise. That is how the Yankees sell the most merchandise out of any team in the world. I see people wearing NY hats all over the world and I doubt they care about the actual Yankees.

Anyways NBA players make the most on average and the two highest paid athletes in the world are both soccer players when you include endorsements. Neymar will be up there soon thanks to his new Jordan's deal.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.