[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sis/ - Summer International Soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 2016 tournaments.jpg (78 KB, 724x316) Image search: [Google]
2016 tournaments.jpg
78 KB, 724x316
merrikan OP edition

>Yesterday's results
USA 4-0 Costa Rica
Colombia 2-1 Paraguay

>Today's games
Brazil vs. Haiti 7:30pm ET
Ecuador vs. Peru 10:00pm ET

>Euro 2016 starts on Friday
>Women's Olympic Tournament starts on August 3rd
>Men's Olympic Tournament starts on August 4th
>>
First for it's coming home.
>>
>>68223521
As long as we beat Paraguay (which we honestly really should be doing anyways) then the other game is a win-win for us because we'd have 6 points and a GD of at 3 or more.

Then, if Colombia beats or ties with Costa Rica, they finish with more points than us, and we finish in second place and advance to the quarters.

But if Colombia loses to Costa Rica, then they will only have 6 points as well and a GD of 2 or less, meaning we win the group.

Who fucking /FREEDOM/ here?
>>
>>68223634
I'm banking on Colombia winning though, not just because they should win but because it means we'll be in Mexico's half of the bracket. If Mexico wins their group and then beats the 2nd place Group D team (should be Chile) and then we beat the first place Group B team (could be Brazil or Ecuador who fucking knows) then we'll meet each other in the semis, with the other one being Argentina vs. Brazil/Ecuador.

It honestly doesn't feel like a real tournament on american soil unless we end up beating Mexico dos a cero at some point.
>>
>>68223846
>semis are usa mexico and brazil argentina
haha it's almost like it's not even rigged
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 366x552) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 366x552
>>68223383
>/sis/
sister posting?
>>
>>68223919
>USA faces Argentina in the copa america centenario final
"MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI" - ESPN
>>
how long does zika stay in your body

not trying to have any microhead kids
>>
>>68224218
>he has the zika
DON'T come back

just die over there okay? we don't need that shit here.
>>
will /sis/ be /isis/ at some point?
>>
>>68224244
only once the Euro starts

once that ends and it's only rio left, then it becomes /ass/ - american summer soccer
>>
How much longer does England need to be a shit team until the US is considered better than them?
>>
>>68224316
>2014
>USA advances to the round of 16
>England last in their group with 1 (ONE) point

>2010
>USA beats England 1-1
>England finishes second in their E.A.S.Y. group

>2006
>USA loses to Ghana and finishes last
>England beats Ecuador to get to the quarters, where they lose on penalties

>2002
>USA and England both lose in the quarters to Germany and Brazil respectively, who play each other in the final

that's one equal, one worse, and two better results in this century, with the better results coming most recently.

we already ARE better.
>>
>>68224560
this

don't let the ABUSAs dissuade you from the truth
>>
>>68224560
>>68224560
>>68224316
It doesn't matter how good your team is you'll never be taken seriously as a footballing nation, you could win the world cup but as soon as I see your fans chanting "I believe that we will win" I'll still be lafin.
>>
>>68224699
I never said that we had more talent. We just do more with what we have than you, who squanders it. We also don't project ourselves to be an "elite" nation like you, who hasn't been one for several decades.

If roster talent was the only thing that mattered, then nobody would need to play any matches, they'd just crown the most gifted team as champions. They don't do that though because that's not how sports work. The best team is the one that wins. No excuses.

So, yeah. We have some mediocre guys every time, but we're still the better team. Isn't that even more embarrassing for you, considering that we'll "never be taken seriously as a footballing nation"?
>>
File: 636007774001757380-450x617.jpg (68 KB, 450x617) Image search: [Google]
636007774001757380-450x617.jpg
68 KB, 450x617
I can't wait for glorious beaner team to win Copa America and the massively fail Rio
>>
>>68224927
>copa america ends in june
>olympics don't start until august
why can't you just send the same guys to both? you have over a month of rest.
>>
>>68223634
You won that match against Costa Rica but I don't think you stand a chance against Paraguay. You are going to see some serious bus parking and counter attack. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your nt has played against a team like paraguay on a tournament.
>>
>>68225014
Age restrictions, Olympics are up to 22 yo, most of Mex team are +24 and some of them won the gold on London, also, Olympic team this cycle has been really neglected, they haven't played any prep matches 1 month left to Rio.
>>
>>68225023
Did you not watch the Costa Rica match? The adjustments we made have us looking like a completely different team than the Colombia match. Our off the ball movement, positioning, anticipation, timing, and overall flow were amazing. I hadn't seen that team before and was wondering if I had tuned in to the wrong match at first.

Besides, we were able to generate much more pressure with even less possession time, so if we keep applying that to a counter-based style then even if they park the bus we'll be still able to get plenty of shots.

In any case, I didn't say that we couldn't advance if we didn't beat Paraguay, only that the other game has no bad results for us if we do beat Paraguay. Even if we draw, that puts us with 4 points, and Paraguay with 2, with Costa Rica having 1 before their last math. Then the only way for us to not advance is if Costa Rica beats Colombia by at least 4 goals, which I can't see happening.
>>
>>68225556
Correction, our GD is +2 and Costa Rica's is -4 right now, so they'd have to beat Colombia by 6.

If we lose to Paraguay though, we're fucked. So all we need to do is hold out for a draw but try for a win if we can get it (which we should).
>>
why come not the third set of games not playing at same time together? them 2 hours after instead not like the world cup
>>
>>68223634
/lifelong/ since yesterday
>>
>>68226053
I like this hot new maymay
>>
>>68225556
Yes I saw yesterday match. What I'm trying to tell you is that Paraguay is a complete different animal, a different team with seasoned players that will take advantage of every mistake the US nt makes, and believe me this ain't about spirit only. Mistakes likes the ones Zardes makes every 5 minutes offer wide advantages for any team. Also, Villar is a very competent goalie.
>>
>america winning on american soil
rest of the world BTFO
>>
>Haiti getting BTFO
Brazil starting out strong in the GD race. all they need to do is beat Haiti and Peru by more than Ecuador beats them, and a 3-0 lead so far is a nice lead.
>>
WELP
>>
Peru-Ecuador about to start
>>
Looks like today is a day for blowouts
>>
File: 1457072148119.png (291 KB, 750x366) Image search: [Google]
1457072148119.png
291 KB, 750x366
>peru's face when right now
post yours
>>
>>68235909
they actually did it the absolute madmen
>>
>>68224560
>>68224825
>England
>Population: 53 million
>Global Economy Ranking: 5th

>USA
>Population: 320 million
>Global Economy Ranking: 1st

The fact USA isn't doing better than they are is hilarious. USA claims they're superior due to the Olympics medals they get, which is fair enough, but that's due to money and a larger recruitment pool.

Yet when it comes to football, it's dismissed because it's 'not a proper sport' or 'for gays' or something...

Yet when the Olympics rolls round again, you brag about winning Gold in X sport which is played by barely anybody.

So either USA is majorly underperforming based on their total economic might and massive talent pool (including immigrants from Latin America, Caribbean and other places, where football is a major sport) or the Olympics are totally irrelevant and the gold medals USA win are basically bought.
>>
Go mexico desu
>>
>summer
nigga it's 1°c down here
>>
>>68237677
>suddenly showing up and ranting about "muh per capita" to nobody who cares
Oh god you're not THAT GUY are you? You know, THAT GUY. The guy who everyone hates because you cannot talk to him without him saying how much he likes trains or he just shows up into your conversation uninvited and laughs about how what you just said reminded him of this one time he was watching train stuff. Don't be THAT GUY. Nobody likes THAT GUY.
>>
>>68237721
How's life on the spectrum, anon?

Must be hard. It's OK. I won't trigger you any more. I didn't expect you to have an argument that didn't revolve about reducto ad absurdum.
>>
>>68237901
>get called autistic
>respond with autism accusations
how very ingenuous
>>
>>68237944
You didn't actually say anything about autism. The fact you claim to have done something you didn't, that being calling me autistic, shows you have some very serious issues. Projection is a strong defence mechanism, anon. Seek help. Autistic people can live fulfilling lives. You can get autismbux too.

It's OK anon, I'm here to help.
>>
>>68238043
>can't into reading comprehension in the first place so he uses that as his cover by projecting projection
wew lad dig that hole even deeper this is impressive
>>
>>68237677
Because parents rather have their kids play the dominant sports in the USA aka football basketball baseball
>>
>>68238093
that's not quite right, although it's not wrong either

soccer has a relatively high youth participation, it's just that it's seen strictly as a kid's game so that when the kids get older they either drop out of it when they don't want to do sports anymore or they move to a real sport when they realize they're good at sports. of the ones that remain once the only players left are ones that want to compete, girls are much more likely to stick with soccer than boys.

so you could say that parents choose for their kids to play soccer, but the kids themselves choose to "graduate" from it.
>>
>>68238066
It's OK anon. I'm here. Want to talk? Is there a bully at school? It's cool, we're anonymous here.

>falls back on 'reading comprehension' argument

Being unable to explain yourself clearly is a sign of autism, anon, the evidence is stacked so high at the moment I am genuinely, non-memeing, concerned. But maybe you already know this.

1. Unable to deal with other opinions
2. Unable to deal with changes to the situation
3. Unable to have normal social interactions
4. Resorts to insults instead of normal conversations
5. Deflection

Wow anon.. Not looking good.

It's OK thou. Everything is fine.
>>
>>68238161
also, this has generally been the case for a few decades now which is why the statistic of soccer being one of the most popular sports among youth is incredibly misleading. it makes it sound like there's going to be a massive and sudden generational shift once those kids get older, but instead they give up on soccer once they grow up because it's ONLY a youth thing, leading to similar favorites of the 20-30 demographic as there was in the previous generation.
>>
>>68223383
What happened to Costa Rica? They were so good during the last World Cup.
>>
>>68238186
you really are committed to this shtick, that's some pretty amazing autism in itself. I'll explain it for you though since autists are terrible at creative thinking

>people who are obsessive train lovers
>people who miss out on social cues
>people unable to read other people's reactions to you in a conversation
>people who can't relate to others and can only respond with anecdotes within their own frame of reference
>people who can't form a frame of reference outside their small worldview to begin with

I was clearly calling you autistic from the beginning, glad I could help. next time try thinking a little harder before you fail so hard at spinning the tables back onto someone else.
>>
>>68224699
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>68238300
>you really are committed to this shtick

He says as he replies again. You started this anon, it's just adding up.

You weren't clearly calling me autistic, you said some rambling shit like an autist and then tried to claim you totally meant something else.

>I murdered that woman
>Okay, you're under arrest
>NO I MEANT I DIDN'T WHAT THE FUCK ARE ALL POLICE OFFICERS AUTISTIC??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't reply, you're obviously getting triggered and i'm just feeding your addiction to (You)'s.
>>
>>68238300
>>68238066
>>68237944
>>68237721
Not him, but he entered a conversation, like is happening all over 4chan, and you go "HUR DUR DONT ENTER MY CONVERSATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

You also didn't say he was autistic, you made some vague link to trains or some shit, I dunno.

My question is, why the fuck did you react like that in the first place? Are you so new to 4chan you don't know how it works or how threads work?

Pathetic. Have my (You). Maybe you'll s hut the fuck up now you get 5.
>>
>>68238339
>You weren't clearly calling me autistic, you said some rambling shit like an autist and then tried to claim you totally meant something else.
so even after I explain it to you you still can't understand it, huh? too bad, looks like you're a lost cause. guess the only way to get through to you is to always be upfront and literal all the time, because your mind can't grasp reading between the lines. I wish you well, your life sounds like it's going to be hard.
>>
>>68238376
that was just expanding on the meme though, you can't possibly be ignorant of that. britkeks are always going on with excuse after excuse after excuse about how "b-but muh per capita" and "muh infrastructure" even though the post he replies to was 8 hours ago and already summed up the argument. case was closed, but as usual britain feels the need to interject their excuses again, which was cringey. thus, my reply.
>>
>>68238412
I said don't reply and you did.

That's another one to the list.

>Can't follow simple instructions

Don't.
Reply.
To.
Me.
A.
G.
A.
I.
N.
>>
>>68238468
/sp/ isn't less popular than loads of different boards. Have you thought it's possible that, surprise surprise, at 6:00am, people are awake in UK and read the thread?

No, you don't, cause you live on memes and excuses. The fact you break down legit arguments to

>m-m-muh!!!!!

Just shows how flimsy the excuse of not being a Top 10 footballing nation the USA has. Either fund it properly, or drop out of the entire thing and play your World Series (but only one country) thing.
>>
>>68238475
>argument systematically dismantled yet still here anyways, insisting on some imaginary authority to tell others how to post when he could just leave
not even mad bro, this ain't bad for a wednesday night :^)
>>
File: 1464023083913.jpg (40 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1464023083913.jpg
40 KB, 720x404
>>68223383

>copa america and euro going on at same time

as an international soccer fan and USMNT fan since I was a kid, this is p cool tbqf
>>
>>68238521
uh, original guy whose argument is being misappropriated here, I never claimed that we were top 10 nor that we should be considered one. it's not like you get to decide who can and can't play, or how much resources they devote to it. if you re-read your post, it's phrased in a way that's possible to construe your intent as implying that either the only nations allowed to play are ones capable of winning the world cup, or that you want us to care so that we can come kick your ass properly. I don't think you meant either one though, but just because the other guy isn't posting intelligently doesn't mean you shouldn't either.

>>68238530
I think you should stop fueling the fire friendo
>>
>>68223383
>>Women's Olympic Tournament starts on August 3rd
Please, delete any mention of """wiman soccer""" from /sp
>>
File: non-elite countries get out.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1588) Image search: [Google]
non-elite countries get out.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1588
>>68238590
but then how am I going to shitpost about how we're one of the few elite countries with 3+ world cup wins?
>>
>>68238614

3 WORLD CUPS AND 2 WORLD WARS
>>
>>68238756
USA MARS LANDINGS > EVERYONE ELSE
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.