[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celtic cannot grow and evolve as long as they're in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: brendan.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brendan.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
Celtic cannot grow and evolve as long as they're in the SPL.

We have Cardiff and Swansea in the English leagues, why not Celtic?

Could Celtic join the English Division 3? Would you want them to (to Celtic fans and English league followers alike)?
>>
they might have a chance if the football league goes ahead with its restructuring and they bribe FIFA
>>
But what happens when Scotland leaves the UK in 5 years time
>>
>>68221255
Celtic fans have been awarded the Fifa Fairplay award in the past for excellent fans.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/3189853.stm

Ian Wright also thinks Celtic would thrive in the EPL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkL52994l8s
>>
>>68221255
The Scottish Prem fucked up real hard since Rangers left

The only reason why it kept going pretty good was because the 2 constantly did dickmeasurements,and the other teams wanted to become worthy of them,but now as it's become celticwinslol,nobody bothers

Scottish prem teams wouldn't have that of a good time in League 1 desu
>>
Celtic would have to give up being Scottish champions if it meant joing the lower English leagues. However they have a great following and I'm in no doubt that they'd win those leagues and eventually end up in the EPL. They would attract big players and do well IMO.
>>
Bump.

No Celtic fans on today?
>>
I want all of the British leagues and national teams to be combined. The only passionate rivalry among the bunch is England vs. Scotland, but the Scottish NT isn't competitive any more and our club teams hardly play each other now. I think it would be more fun if the jock clubs were in our divisions and we could wind each other up on a weekly basis.
>>
File: average celtic fan.jpg (175 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
average celtic fan.jpg
175 KB, 500x400
>>68221499
Its evening, they're busy la
>>
FUCK THE HANS
>>
Hopefully the both off them fuck off soon. Absolutely sick and tired off the both of them. Two disgusting clubs with absolutely nothing positive about them. Fuck off to England and leave us in peace pls

would be better for the national team too probably

>>68221305

>Scottish prem teams wouldn't have that of a good time in League 1 desu

lol. Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers would hammer League 1 teams. They'd win that league at a canter.

I do love when foreigners try make comparisons with the Scottish Premiership and English lower leagues despite having 0 knowledge of either.

how many league 1 players are at the Euros? There's 7 from the Scottish Premiership. More than the Greek, Belgian and Danish leagues(only 1 of those is from either Celtic or Rangers btw)

>>68221535
you can fuck off with that idea.

apparently we're inviting irish and welsh teams into our version of the johnstone paint trophy. that's fucking bad enough
>>
>>68221655
Scottish football would probably do well without the old firm. They'd qualify for Europe at least.
>>
more Scottish league players at the Euros than the Eredivise, Austrian, Danish, Belgian, Albanian and Slovakian leagues despite the fact their national teams qualified and could bump this number up by selecting domestic players.

The Scottish league is quite a bit better than people give it credit for. Not that it's suprising mind you. This is /sp/ afterall. They'd rather just shitpost in ignorance having never seen anything other than the OF matches(where ideas about playing good football goes out the window) than actually watch it objectively and see for themselves
>>
Dunno desu, maybe a new British league pyramid should be implemented.
>>
File: 70ab.jpg (34 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
70ab.jpg
34 KB, 425x300
>All these junkie Scotucks defending Scottish fitbaw

>Celtic could only get into the CL as Legia Warsaw were disqualified for fielding an ineligible player, despite thrashing the SPL Champions 6-1 on aggregate

kek

KEK

K E K
>>
>>68221655
They'd have no problem with League One, not sure they'd get out of the Championship though.
>>
>>68221926
>Celtic could only manage to be the first team in Britain to win the CL
>>
>>68221960
31 players from the Championship at the Euros btw, since apparently that's relevant.
>>
>>68221811
bandwaggoner alert.

you won't find one single fan of a smaller club who would want this.

Hibs fans would have absolutely 0 interest in travelling 10 hours to go play fucking Norwich, and vice versa
>>
>>68221926
Scottish clubs have always been brutal in Europe.

Celtic under Martin O'Neil had one of Europe's best ever strikers in Larsson and never made it out of the CL group stages once.
>>
>>68222047
Im actually a Wolves fan
>>
>>68222047
Depends on where in the UK you are, I'd rather go to Scotland than all the pain in the arse places on the south coast.

You're spoiled in Scotland with short away trips.
>>
>>68222222
>>
>>68222232
And no one ever wants to go to Norwich.
>>
>>68221499
Orange walk was on sunday. Im still sobering up from how drunk i had to get to calm my nerves and not throw poo at them
>>
>>68221995
from 24 teams...
>>
>>68222537
Which is still more per club than the SPL.
>>
>>68221960
well yes obviously. even the smallest championship clubs can afford to pay £5m on transfers these days. no scottish clubs can afford any transfer fees at all.

but the likes of Hearts would absolutely stroll England it of their ever was a British league. big club, with a massive, loyal support. They'd be turn into an Everton type club
>>
>>68222565
aye but its not suprising is it? given the wages involved.
>>
>>68222599
That's kind of worthless these days, look at all the big English clubs who can't even make it into the PL.

The only way to make it to the top is by spending a fortune or having already been there when the TV money started coming in, like Everton.

Clubs like Hearts would be stuck where Leeds, Wolves, Wednesday, Forest and other clubs like that are now.
>>
>>68221655
>apparently we're inviting irish and welsh teams into our version of the johnstone paint trophy. that's fucking bad enough
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36483962

>The tournament for teams outside the top flight will also include an under-20s side from each Scottish Premiership club in the first round. Four teams from the Highland League and four from the Lowland League will also enter at that stage in August.

>Two Welsh sides and two from Northern Ireland enter the last 16 in October. It is expected these will be the top two from the Welsh Premier League and Northern Ireland Football League, meaning places for The New Saints and Bala Town and Crusaders and Linfield. One Welsh side and one from Northern Ireland will be guaranteed a home tie.

What the fuck is this shit.
>>
>>68222757
tbf, im kind of looking forward to it. hope my team draws one of them away from home. would be an amazing away day
>>
>>68222757
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36483962

i think its a great idea actually. will improve crowds for all clubs, and gives the premiership clubs a chance to test their youngsters against professional teams. fans will look forward to away trip to wales or NI. will be good fun.
>>
>>68222913
adds sponsorship money and tv money too.

there really isnt any downsides whatsoever. massive improvement on what the competition was previously
>>
There'd be too much opposition from English clubs already established in whatever level above and below you chuck them in at.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.