[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does England unironically think they don't suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 460x288
Remember when you couldn't even score against Costa Rica? Remember when you finished last in your group? Now you're one of the favorites to win the euro, when all you'll do is underperform like always. Hell America has won as many euros as England. When will you guys stop being delusional and admit you suck?
>>
obsession
>>
It's coming home lads.
>>
Does it really matter what they think anyway?
>>
I dont even care who win as long as all the its coming home backfire in their faces
>>
>>68208516

You're well jel m8.
>>
>>68208363
Would playing as the UK improve their chances?
>>
File: image.png (200 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
200 KB, 750x1334
The delusion is real
>>
>>68208604
yess because bayol could carry them.
>>
>>68208363
they like to live in the past. p sad tbqh
>>
>>68208516
Spain's inability to decipher even the simplist of banter continues....
>>
>>68208363
The delusion of the English fan base is truly one of the deepest mysteries of the universe. I think it stems from extrapolating the quality of the EPL onto their national ability, forgetting 60% of the league is non-British and they have 5 men in the top 20 scoring.
>>
Because they see English players bossing the Prem and think, holy shit, we world class now. But they only look good with elite imports from other countries pulling the strings. When the team is all English, it's exposed.
>>
They got based Vardy now.

The Drought is Over

YUNG MULA BABY
>>
>>68208363
brains clogged with peas porridge hot
>>
Because self pity is fucking pathetic and we've had 6 years of the shite.
>>
Nothing like tuning into BBC 5live after englel loses to an "inferior" opponent in the WC or EC.
>>
>>68208674
Bale needs a very good team to enable him. He can't carry that hard.
>>
>>68208363
You don't understand. It's always coming home.
>>
What is your fave scenario for Bongs?
Penalties elimination by Germans on knockout round or elimination at group phase?
>>
>>68211710
Literally my favorite part of the euros is this
>>
Football is about to finally come home! It can't fail again.
I'm so happy i'll most likely be alive to witness that moment.
>>
>>68208629
Soccernomics is GOAT

People (particularly the English) shit on it because it exposes how retarded and backwards certain aspects of the sport is, mainly off the field
>>
>>68213848
Getting crushed by a team they think they're wholeheartedly better than
>>
>all this obsession
wew
>>
It still amazes me how much foreigners get butt hurt over our banter. Like holy fuck just calm down.

If you go on a Facebook comment section now the typical comment is. "don't think we'll win but I'm going to support them all the way" or "we're not going to because of Woy/Rooney/wilshere."
>>
>>68208674
>>68208604
Bale, Ramsey and an extra centre back or so would certainly help
>>
>>68217282
Williams would start over cahill and stones imo
>>
>>68217290
I'd take McAuley or Evans over Stones
>>
>>68217267
this, always funny when morons from other countries actually think that we think we'll win the euros. we're aware of how shit we are kek but we have banter that is second to aussies.
>>
>>68210791
>"I-It's just banter lads. I swear"
pathetic
>>
File: 1966-World-Cup-Final-014.jpg (564 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
1966-World-Cup-Final-014.jpg
564 KB, 1500x900
>>68217389

THREE LIONS ON A SHIRT
JULES RIMET STILL GLEAMING
THIRTY YEARS OF HURT
NEVER STOPPED ME DREAMING
>>
>>68211882
He carried the shitheap Wales calls a national team to 2nd in their group. He'd get England to a final at least.
>>
All this ABE is pathetic. What a bunch of fucking losers.

Can't wait to see the reaction of johnny foreigner when we've finished fucking up these europoors, both on and off the field. Haha. Jealous cunts.
>>
File: TEAM-GB.jpg (135 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
TEAM-GB.jpg
135 KB, 768x432
>>68218029

GREAT BRITAIN TEAM WHEN
>>
ABE is a disease.

It's coming home. Cap this.
>>
File: image.png (253 KB, 960x729) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253 KB, 960x729
>>68217267
>>68217333
>I-ITS COMING HOME LADS
>W-we were just kidding, check facebook
Come on lads at least let the tournament start before you begin damage control
>>
The reason nobody wants you to win is because you pathetic fucks still would brag about it 80 years on after winning no other trophies like you do with the Jules Rinet
>>
File: 1443508202751.png (2 MB, 1260x800) Image search: [Google]
1443508202751.png
2 MB, 1260x800
>>
>knew it was a yank flag before i opened it

mental illness is a funny thing
>>
>>68217389
you're pretty dense if you can't recognise most of the "coming home" posts are satirical. as expected of the premier autistic weeaboo country i guess.
>>
>>68218255
damage control prep squad in full force
>>
>>68218267
what is there to damage control about? the reason we act like that is it makes you kissless virgins mad as fuck.
>>
They only watch the premier league. They see good english players vs bad english players.

They see good english players as gods. They never wonder why a big team with 100% trophy hunt is not after them. They use the "eng footballers just want to play in the best league in the world". When the eng teams stopped winning anything (aka when ferguson left) they renamed their league from "the best in the world" to "the most competitive in the world".

And before you start about man city reaching semis of cl and liverpool almost winning europa shiet:

Liverpool english players with impact:Milner, Henderson, Sturrige
Man City English players with impact: just fckin Hart.

And apart from Hart, you dont want any of these players in your sarting Euro X1.

You re going home lads, you re going home soon.
>>
>>68218267
How autistic are you?
>>
>>68218289
Only countries who actually qualified for Euro 2016 are allowed in this thread, sorry pal.
>>
The last England match I remember vaguely caring about was against Germany in 2010. I saw that in a pub full of hundreds, and hardly anybody in there thought we would win. By the second half the entire place was screaming at England or had left to drink outside.
Nobody even remembers the 2014 WC.

td,dr you are wrong, we expect nothing and barely even care any more.
>>
>>68218309
Doesnt say so in the description pal.
>>
>>68218289
Awful post. Every point is wrong. Apply yourself.
>>
>>68218289
>milner shouldnt be in the team
pmsl tbqhwyf
>>
>>68218289

Im just sad for Kane , Hart m Alli, Rose and Clyne. They are so unlucky to be born english.
>>
>>68218314
Unwritten rule. No one who lost twice to Faroe Islands is allowed to talk about football.
>>
JFs want to see football come home but can't admit it
>>
>>68218321
Are you that retarded ? I never wrote "I think Milner SUX". I wrote the Englishmen's opinion about Milner. And they are not very fond of him.
>>
>>68218337
JFs all wish they were english tbph
>>
>>68218333

How about someone who gets more than 1 point in World Cups ? How about someone who beat Aussies with the same score as the "its comming home lads" National Team ?
>>
>>68218313
What you have to realise is most of the JFs on /sp/ have no lives outside of shitposting on this website. This is the world, and when they see the english shitposting about how we're going to win everything, they believe it. The reality is most England fans are realistic, even pessimistic about the NT. The last time there was any actual genuine belief was 2006.
>>
>>68218342
Not my fault your wording was trash
>>
>>68218359
We thought we'd do better than we did in 2010 even if we weren't sure about the manager. 2014 though we all weren't confident about getting out of the hardest group
>>
>>68218354
stavros here wishes he could have been born english, he's trying to hide it but it's really obvious desu
>>
>>68218370

>And apart from Hart, you dont want any of these players in your sarting Euro X1.

I know the difference between the words I and You. You should try to. you can find wikis about it.
>>
>>68218385
>all words are used to their literal meaning in english
'no'
>>
>>68218382

Ofc I d wish to be born English. Everyone in Greece would hope but not because of football.

You have spent so many money on the thing and you ve gotten nothing, not even good campaigns (aka not just titles but your runs are shorter than Messieeee). vs we ve spent shiet, our players come up alone with no particular training and football education.

Its not us underachieving after realising these facts, despite not qualifying for as many tournaments as you did recently.
Its you underachieving and us tryharding.
>>
File: WC 2014 pessimism.jpg (58 KB, 791x513) Image search: [Google]
WC 2014 pessimism.jpg
58 KB, 791x513
>>68218313
This. Everyone in England knows were shit and that we won't win. No doubt people get up for tournaments and want >us to do well, but no one expects anything.

Even on /sp/ if you ignore the 'coming home' shitposting, any serious discussion is basically about why we're going to fail this year.

Still - it is coming home.
>>
>>68218403
>"many money"
>talking to englishmen
>imfckednow.jpeg
>im going home lads
>>
>>68218244
Colonial insecurity at its finest
>>
>>68218359
Telly pundits will still eternally talk up your chances though
>>
People who get autistic over the English NT (most of the people in this thread) are retarded but if they were to win the cunts who would come out of the woodwork to "banter" would be even worse.
>>
>>68218415
Which one is germany? I'm guessing the ones ranked higher than portugal but less confident?
>>
JFs are diseased 2bh.

Can you imagine if for example Czech Republic had the same players England did. Everyone would be sucking their cocks saying they're a shoe-in, they've got the best squad etc

The facts are the lads can dance Nobby's dance and they can dance it in France. England are joint favourite for the Euros.
>>
I do believe however that they haven't had a most complete roster lately. Apart from Wilshere and Rushford I beleive everyone in there deserved a call up. Aka excluding Gks u have 18 players worthy of a call up for a team with slight but still chances of winning it.
>>
>>68218461
I assume so. Saved the file ages ago.
>>
>>68218452
/sp/ would be unbearable for about a decade if England won a major competition.
>>
>>68218359

This. From '96 - '06 we had genuine world class players and there was actual belief we could win. The 2008 fiasco was when it all died.

In 2010 we still had Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Rooney and A.Cole still in or close to their peak, but there were just too many mediocre players filling the rest of the spots for anyone to have genuine hype.

2012 everyone was shit or too old and there was zero expectations. Same with 2014.

Right now i don't think anyone truly believes we'll go all the way, but it's gonna be interesting to see the likes of Kane, Vardy, Alli etc. in their first major tournament.
>>
>>68218501
I thought we played our best football in recent memory in 2012, nothing we cpuld have done against Pirlo in the quarters tho
>>
>>68218501

I think people got really excited at the emergence of great new players like Kane, Vardy, Dele Alli, Danny Rose, Dier, Danny Drinkwater. It meant we could build basically a new squad out of great young British talent that had PROVEN themselves over the PL season

But unfortunately Roy has chosen to stick with some of the old rot like Henderson, Milner, Rooney, Lallana. Players who have basically done nothing special in their lives.

He should have been braver to be perfectly honest. He should have brought in at least one more centre back (Ryan Shawcross is the most obvious selection). He should have dropped the dead wood like Lallana and Henderson and Milner. If he planned Rooney to be in the squad then it should ONLY be in a playmaking position, which is what he has shown himself to be good in recently.

I guess Roy isn't THAT far off the mark with his selection but the lack of an extra centre back could well fucking punish us. And the inclusion of a handful of mediocre midfielders that will probably barely play (Ross Barkley is another one) is also pretty dumb. I also think five strikers wasn't strictly necessary. Kane, Vardy, Defoe and Sturridge would have been the best striker selection in my book.
>>
>>68218501
Was it in 10 or 12 when you subbed on that ancient as fuck black striker when you desperately needed goals? That was the lowest point
>>
England has a better team than last time but i think they'll still choke with Rppney on the field.

But hey maybe vardy will chat shit and bang the euros
>>
File: science.png (7 KB, 487x351) Image search: [Google]
science.png
7 KB, 487x351
did some quick science on my lunch break lads
>>
>>68217389

>2 (two) world wars and 1 (one) world cup
>>
>>68218599

COMING HOME STATUS: IT'S

>>68218565

I assume you mean Heskey. I think that was '10
>>
>>68218475
Agreed on Wilshit. He's unfit, but even at the best of times he's really nothing special whatsoever, he doesn't bring anything to the team. He's equally mediocre in all aspects of the game.

Rashford being there is fully deserved though, he had a great season at Manure without much to work with. Partnering his dribbling and technique with with Vardy's pace could be unstoppable.

Milner shouldn't be there either. Drinkwater is a straight upgrade in every sense.
>>
>>68218623
The craziest thing about Wilshire is how Hodgon specifically said he didn't call up walcott because he hadn't played enough, then goes and calls up someone who has played less
>>
>>68218623

>this Drinkwater meme

when PSG buy Kante he'll be exposed as the mediocre midfielder he is, he wouldn't make the slightest difference
>>
>>68218623

I'd go with this lads
>>
>>68218665
Thank fuck that he didn't pick Walcott though. He's just a younger SWP. Dribbling into dead-ends, gets muscled off the ball and knocked around like a Rotherham tween, below-average end product... Pretty happy with the forwards that Woy chose tbqh, he got them spot on.

>>68218670
>this Kante carried the entire Lester midfield meme
He's good, but he's not that good. People are talking him up like he's one of the best midfielders in the world. The Drinkwater-Kante partnership played to both of their strengths and allowed them both to flourish. Don't underestimate Drinkwater.
>>
>england will finally make it out of group stages
>smelly alli will get a red
>98 all over again
>>
Can England beat Wales?
>>
File: 1465029219358.jpg (28 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1465029219358.jpg
28 KB, 550x550
>>68211025
Impressive
>>
>>68208363
We know we're shit and satirise it for bants
>>
>>68218302
5 on the spectrum
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.