[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to start boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
idk if this is the right board but not really much other choice other than /fit

any tips on what to do

should i go into a gym and ask for lesson or what?

any tips on beginning to get into it, i'm /
>>
Get into fist fights more.
>>
>>68205531
>>/asp/

They ll help.
>>
>>68205531
I think /asp/ has a boxing general, unless it got overtaken by mandrama faggots. But yeah go to a gym and get a trainer.

Do lots of cardio, you'll need it. Run, jump rope, swim, calisthenics etc.
>>
Reach a comfortable weight
find a local gym
If you're an autist and dont like going to a gym when you're shit (me) buy a heavy bag
Practice stances and movement
Practice punchng
Dont get hit.
>>
>>68205531
Don't go to a gym with huge guys who box. That's a joke gym. Usually the guys who know what they are doing are cut and skinny.

Boxing is 75% foot work. So run or jump rope. Get to a gym if you can't get a bag. Start learning how to punch slow not full speed. Learn angles and movement. Learn how to generate force properly. It's about hips and ass. Very little power on most punches comes from your upper body. Legs, core and back. Speed kills.
>>
>>68205531
Do you need me to wipe ur bum too?
>>
>>68205652
PAJEET MY SON
>>
1. how old are you?

2. Start running yesterday

3. Find a gym that isnt shit, dont get stuck at a gym with someone with fuck all knowledge or experiene.
>>
>>68205661
GONZALEZ MI HIJO
>>
>>68205652
I thought Muslims don't wipe their ass.

Anyways back to boxing
>>68205652
Movies tend to have it all wrong with punches. Wide looping punches are a no no. Short snap punches, generally straight or if power within your elbow on hooks upper cute etc.

You knock people out generally by twisting their head fast. Punching them straight back doesn't work well. Your head is designed for that impact. You'll see guys get hit on the chin, their head twist by this little snap hooks. It causes your brain to whip around and bam reset mode. Hence knock out or Daze. It doesn't take a lot of power to knock someone out or down if you hit at an angle or with a close circular traveling punch
>>
>>68205531

go to a gym
lots of time they'll do group workouts, focusing on technique and conditioning, eventually if you stay focused and work hard you'll start doing light sparring, and so on and so on.

Just go to the gym, don't worry about being shitty or out of shape, thats what the gym is for.

also realize how fucking hard boxing is, and when you think you're in shape be prepared to spar your first session and be dead after the first round.
>>
>>68205631
What's a comfortable weight for someone 5'11"
>>
op here, 18

been gyming for about 3months

had asthma but havent used pump for about 2 years, my stamina n cardio is shit (unless on treadmill at like 5-10kmh

you think i can do it with bad stamina?
>>
>>68206177
Start in moderation so you're not kill immediately. You'll get there eventually. No gym will push you until you die.
Everyone has to start somewhere, why not start here.
>>
>>>/asp/ is unironically a good shout
>>
>>68206177

Go for it.
Whatever you don't spar anyone until you have a couple of months under your belt. Some cunts like to take advantage of newcomers to get their confidence up.
>>
>>68205531

Just go and say that you wanna train there If you never box before they'll teach you and after some days or weeks you'll be boxing with your mates there. In my experience boxers are pretty nice and fun people just don't go all cocky in there.
>>
>>68205531
Boxing is a really shitty martial art to learn. I'd only recommend it if you are naturally athletic and pretty dumb.

It takes 6-8 months (say 2-3 hours a week) to learn all there is to know in terms of technique and knowledge the rest is conditioning. It's 99.9% conditioning.

I suggest you try something else, if you want to learn striking try Muay Thai. Otherwise I suggest anything else, Judo, BJJ, wrestling...

tl;dr boxing is a very simple discipline and doesn't require much thought at all. I taught boxing in gyms and I had only been involved in it for 2 years at the time. I was being paid £26.50 an hour. Says it all really...
>>
>>68205531
First how old are you? Second do you want to box for self defense/ exercise? To compete in amateur competitions? Or do you want to be a pro fighter?
>>
>>68212598
>>68212371
thanks

>>68212230
made the same thread on their but this one has had more replies so far

>>68212774
thanks, boxing is where i would like to go not really bothered about how easy it is etc

>>68216305
18, the first two you mentioned mainly but exercise is probably the main thing im looking for and learning something new
>>
>>68216538
Don't listen to the above bums trying o get you into some weeaboo MA.

Boxing fundamentals will make you a superior striker to almost every striking MA in the world.
its great for getting in shape, self defense and if you are good enough you can compete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxaNAm_fWQ
>>
>>68216656
This
Every good doorman I ever knew was a boxer. If it came to it they'd knock out three or four at will. Nobody on the doors was rolling around on the fucking ground or kicking anything.

The only time I saw someone use a sidekick it was a massive fucking fail and he had to use the hands anyway.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.