[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
daily reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
pistol pete is overrated as fuck

https://youtu.be/XPqnpxhFWhw

You go to the NBA as the third pick in the draft, added to a team that won their division and went to the second round of the playoffs. Your team never wins as many games as they did that year and they never get to the second round. After four years of frustration you are traded to your home town where you are adored and become a star. You make all star and all-nba teams. Your team never even sniffs a .500 season record or the playoffs.

A telling stat is that when you are a 17 minute a game bench player for the Celtics, a team with Larry Bird, Cedric Maxwell, Dave Cowens, and Tiny Archibald, you still manage to dominate the team in scoring per minute, mostly by averaging almost as many field goal attempts per game as Archibald, despite less than half the minutes.

marbury > maravich
>>
You're retarded
>>
he would've been GOAT with the 3pt line
>>
>>68191465

Literally no one thinks pistol Pete had anything other than an underwhelming nba career.

He's only remembered for dominating college ball and guess what, he did.
>>
The fuck you on about. Pistol Pete is the GOAT passer with god tier playmaking and shooting ability. Suffered from lack of a 3-point line in his time and injuries that ended his career too soon. He's easily top 25ish.
>>
>>68191465
Did Pistol Pete fuck your mom or something?
>>
Tbh he was curry before memes
>>
>>68191532
I remember watching a couple of times when i was a kid. He played zero defense, just jacked up shots everytime he touched the ball, which made him my favorite player at the time.

The only role I could see him realisticly playing effectively is the old Celtics Vinny Johnson scoring sub. Instant offense when you need it.
>>
Kek pistol was a shit lebehind the pass to turnover man the nba got you all brainwashed
>>
>>68191603
You can watch him play again literal melo tier made his team shit

https://youtu.be/XPqnpxhFWhw
>>
Pistol could have been the best ever if he had Steve Nash's brain instead of Jason Williams'.
>>
Pre 80s nba was horrible anyone who tells you otherwise is casual af
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.