[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he a waste of money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Martial.jpg (920 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Martial.jpg
920 KB, 1920x1080
Was he a waste of money?
>>
>>68171032

He's a great player. I don't think it matters how much he cost.

He's done really well this season, especially towards the end. It looks like he will develop into something special.

For a club like Man U, especially in their position, I think building a new squad of great players is a lot more important than saving the pennies.
>>
>>68171149
What does the media think of him now?
>>
>>68171272
No one talks about his price tag anymore and he's widely acknowledged as United's best outfield player
>>
>>68171032
He was super duper expensive but look at this way, if things go right they'll get 10+ good years out of him. That makes the investment totally worth it
>>
If United hold onto him for a long time and he keeps up the form/improvements, than yes.

If they sell him within the next 4 years, then they wasted their money.
>>
Still very expensive but I doubt United give a shit. The added extra on the price depends on shit like being nominated for the Ballon d'or and scoring a bunch of goals so in the end it doesn't matter how much he cost. If they skimped out on him and let him go elsewhere, they would have finished like 10th.

Looking forward to see how he'll do in a more direct, counter attacking team under Mourinho.
>>
>>68171299
Exactly, price tag only really becomes an issue if you're a flop

>>68171325
>>68171334
Also both true. It's not certain he will continue getting better but the current indications are good.
>>
>>68171149
>I don't think it matters how much he cost.
this is what english football is nowadays, lads
>>
>>68171032
Your mom sure wasn't
>>
>>68171407
Man Utd. won't sell him for no reason
, right?
>>
Of course not. He is the only world class tier player at Utd now. and he is fucking 19 yo.
>>
>>68171032
They should have just kept Cheech
>>
>>68171032
he has nothing on the great ian nacho and will lose his place to ibra, as mourinhio fails to win the league.
>mfw he wins 0 trophies in 2 years and gets sacked
>>
>>68171032
problem is that they can't keep him forever even if he becomes the goat.
in my book it's just too much money for such a young player
>>
>>68171522
In the case of Man U, with fuckloads of money, and finding themselves completely lost and broken after the Fergie era, no, it doesn't matter how much they spent in this case I don't think, but only because they've ended up with what looks like a decent player. If they had ended up with a flop again like Falcao or Di Maria then that would have been shit, but it seems their choice was justified in this case

Besides, we all know the reason they got charged so much - because he was a meme player, loads of clubs wanted his fucking signature, and because everybody knows Man U is minted so they can charge them top dollar

If Man U wanted him, they had to pay a lot, there's no way around that. So it was a good decision

Grow a fucking brain Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>68176033
>problem is that they can't keep him forever even if he becomes the goat.
Why not? Because you think he will want to leave? If he plays well, Man U will be one of the top teams in Europe again (especially with Mou coming in). If he doesn't play well, none of the other top teams will want him.

Point is he's at a top team, where else would he go? Moron
>>
>>68176103
>spews an awful load of bullshit
>tells me grow a brain

nice one
>>
>>68176144
>Deluded Mancs

Barca, Real and (Maybe) Bayern have far more pulling power than United, even if United are good again.
>>
>>68171032

Looks like a player that would warn the bench in Halal or Barcelona tbqh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.