[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>didn't score a single point in the 4th quarter >7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18
File: image_3.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>didn't score a single point in the 4th quarter
>7 turn overs
>took 17 shots and only scored 19 points
>chucked up 5 3 pointers and only made one

Can anyone tell me why people actually believe this fat sack of garbage is better than Larry bird
>>
>>68167065
Fuck if I know, he has as many titles as non-Shaq'd Kobe, both of which were purchased for a reasonable rate.

Good to know players who skip college will always end up fucked, tho.
>>
>>68167065
Bird was far more skilled. Lebron's game is 100% his atheltism. It is sad to see a guy who has been in the nba 13 fucking years, have like zero offensive game. Can't shoot, no post moves, no real pet move at all. He just lowers his head and runs to the rim. If Bird had Lebron's atheltism he would have been Godly. If Lebron had Birds atheltism, Lebron would be a role player coming off the bench.
>>
>>68167114
Bird WAS Godly.

Learn your fucking history.
>>
>>68167114
Pretty much this. He has the build to be a threat in the low post but he never posts people up.

Just an arrogant piece of shit who probably believes he is too good to be coached in any aspect of his game so he has little to no finesse. Can't wait until his athleticism fades (already starting to) and he experiences a big decline
>>
>>68167147
I am aware of that. Imagine him as fast and as explosive as Lebron, on top of his own skill. He would have been putting up 40 per night with ease.
>>
>>68167217
>>68167217
>imagine if he were muscular and manly and all sweaty in tight shorts, he could crash into other men with ease

Bird could shoot 3's at will, he didn't need to crash the boards. And 3's are more points than a dunk, brofam.
>>
>>68167065
Because most people who believe this has never actually seen bird play
>>
File: 4llG_S_2.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
4llG_S_2.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>didn't score a single point in the 4th quarter

I don't even think he played in the 4th quarter and if he did it wasn't for long.

A king dies, a legend lives forever.
>>
>>68167270
>he didn't need to crash the boards
Bird was an incredible rebounder. He literally averaged 10.0 RPG for his career.
>>
File: aarn.gif (997 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
aarn.gif
997 KB, 500x700
>Warriors win both at home
>Everyone talks about how the Warriors are great, Cavs suck
>series goes back to CLE, where the Cavs have been godly
>Cavs win game 3, we have to listen to Warriors-haters and Lebron-cucks for another couple days
>Warriors win game 4 & 5 easily

We've done this all before, let's just get it over with and move on to MLB + NFL season.
>>
>>68167343
I meant offensively.
>>
>>68167372
Even offensively, he peaked at 7-8,5 ORB%. Those are decent numbers by center/power forward standards
>>
>>68167311
In a way not even playing is worse

Who cares if it's a blowout, you found still go out with the mentality you can still win
>>
>>68167114
When niggers irl are sucking his cock, I bring up his lack of post moves and reliance on athleticism and then go full muh muh stats.

Its pretty comical.
>>
File: nye.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nye.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>>68167459
They pulled him for the 4th, thinking he needed to rest and that they could just go win 2 in Cleveland and be right back in the series.

But they're wrong.
>>
You put Larry Bird on Lelbron and he'll score 30 a game.

You put Lelbron on Larry B and he'll score 20.

Don't be a stat whore. Era stats don't translate
>>
File: 1464510000619.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1464510000619.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>68167534
>lenigger keeping Larry bird to under 20
>>
>>68167534
You are a moron.
Bird could score in just about every way. Off the dribble, in the post and from the outside. Lebron can drive......that's it. Bird would rape Lebron in a scoring battle. Lebron is also a very overrated defender. And he has never faced a guy like Bird. That fucking includes guys like KD and Melo. Bird was superior to those guys.
>>
>>68167648
This, lebeta is really not that good at defense. He over commits to trying to pick off passes and all his run back blocks are a direct result of his turn over to begin with
>>
WE WERE BASKETBALL PLAYERS AND VARIOUS OTHER STUFF LIKE THAT
>>
>>68167648
>>68167779
Players who went to college > Players who skipped college

It's an important part in the growth of a players game, and Lebron took the money. And like so many before him, his game suffered.
>>
Larry Bird is the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5o1rd09R1Q
>>
>>68167845
>some douche in his living room counting down his own personal best
DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAARE
>>
>>68167899
http://www.viralhoops.com/larry-bird-trash-talk/
read this article then
>>
he didn't score a single point in the 1st quarter of game 2 either. Which is worse since he actually played it for about 9 minutes.
>>
>>68167065
He didn't score any points in the 1st either, if I recall correctly.
>>
Bron shits on Bird defensively.

You also can't honestly tell me that if you had to pick a guy to build a team around you'd take Bird ahead of LeBron.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0Eblu1Aaw
>>
>>68167810
Kobe developed his game pretty well for not going to college
>>
>>68168032
>Australian talking about anything

Opinion discarded
>>
>>68167845
The fact that he pissed off Dr J is amazing. Erving is one of the most layer back guys in nba history.
>>
>>68168087
>lebron should be dpoy, he can defend 1-5
>calls for a switch every time an offensively challenged C appears within 4 feet
>>
>>68167899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rg1sFMxnbM
>>
>>68168122
>pretty well
>needed a college player (Shaq) to round out championship teams
>only won two without Shaq, thanks to superior funding... the same way Lebron won his two
... K
>>
>>68168032
I would take bird 100% over lebron to build a team around. Better passer, better scorer, better leader, better team player, and more clutch. The only thing leshit can be said to have on him is athleticism and maybe defense. Athleticism fades and since he doesn't develop skills he doesn't even make the most of it anyway and as mentioned earlier in the thread he is overrated on defense (and in general), so the smart choice is bird

Also, your opinion means nothing you dingo fucking faggot
>>
>>68168250
Good post
>>
>>68167114
>atheltism
This is not a word, you fucking tool.
>>
>>68168218
I said pretty well first off you nigger, and second he actually had skills unlike lenigger. He had a post game, he had a pretty good jumper, he didn't rely exclusively on athleticism. Lefaggot won't last nearly as long in the league as kobe did and it's because kobe developed his game
>>
>>68168250
underrated post
>>
File: 1361547021552.jpg (6 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
1361547021552.jpg
6 KB, 253x199
>>68167360
>series goes back to CLE, where the Cavs have been godly
>Lost 2 games in the playoffs last year at home
>Got BTFO by Golden State earlier this year
>Godly
>>
Lebron at minimum still plays on par with average.
It's not like Jordan was an amazing shooter either; nor was Kobe.

What I don't understand is Lebron not using his athleticism enough. If I were Lebron, I would just dig my shoulder as hard as I can to whoever gets in my way and lay it up or dunk it. You have to show people that no one will ever stop you, or they will get injured trying.
>>
>>68168412
Jordan has the best mid range shot of all time
>>
>>68168412
>What I don't understand is Lebron not using his athleticism enough
You me and everyone else

I understand why he's not using it in the regular season. But the finals?

Literally charge someone. Stop letting people think you just bullrush the hoop, and ACTUALLY do it. Make someone regret shuffling their feet.
>>
>>68167065
He didn't play the 4th quarter but he also didn't score in the first quarter either
should be

>didn't score a single point in the first quarter
>gave up and didn't even play in the 4th quarter
>7 turn overs
>took 17 shots and only scored 19 points
>chucked up 5 3 pointers and only made one
>>
>>68168412
>be lebron
>shooting 70%+ in the first quarter
>all layups or dunks
>bodying little lads all over the place
>second half comes round
>"now's the time to unleash my jumper"
>contested from 25ft
>airball
>remember you're a sub-30% 3 point shooter
>"i'll show the haters, just need to take a few more jumpers"

And that's how you turn a 10 point league into a 30 point loss
>>
WE WERE BASKETBALL PLAYERS, DUDE.
>>
>>68168412
>It's not like Jordan was an amazing shooter either; nor was Kobe.

wat?

Jordan had one of the best post games for a guard, ever. His fade away jumper was unstoppable.
>>
>>68168412
Jordan probably was the greatest midrange shooter in nba history. He was a deadly shooter from 12-20 feet.
>>
>>68168725
Cavs were already losing by the half m8

LeCuck is still a terrible shooter
>>
>>68168273
Now respond to the rest of the post, you mong.
>>
>>68167065
holy cherry picking, batman!

let's coveniently ignore that bron entered the league as a teenager on a garbage team and bird was part of a legendary dynasty with guys like robert parrish and kevin mchale.

or that bird only avg'd 25+ ppg four times in his career while bron playing for 13 seasons has only been under 25ppg once. bird never averaged 30ppg, bron has. bird over 50% five times in his career, bron six.

bron only began playing with all stars in the latter half of his career, bird had the luxury of developing and playing with mchale a hall of famer and parrish a nine time all star and hof lock, his whole career.
>>
File: reply.jpg (132 KB, 1649x931) Image search: [Google]
reply.jpg
132 KB, 1649x931
>>68170995
>>
>>68170995
>calls out cherry picking
>cherry picks even harder to make lecuck look better
:^)
>>
>>68170995
The that dynasty was legendary was bird. Workout him they would have been an average team, with him they were without a doubt one of the best teams ever.

I like how you conveniently ignore that bird played in an Era with less shooting and more physical defense. Or that bird was a 50/40/90 guy while lebron shot sub 70% free throws in the finals now. And of course, most pertinent given the context of your absolutely terrible opinion and the situation lebeta finds himself in, bird was clutch and can be expected to lead his team in tight games and high pressure situations while lebeta is a liability. A chucking, choking, turnover machine of a liability
>>
>>68168575
Lebron is not a terrible mid range shooter either, he just doesn't shoot enough of it to really get a good sample size.

>>68168609
This boggles my mind everyone I see freaks like Dwight Howard and Lebron play. Back when Shaq was in his prime, some centres got out of the way because he would just hurt you if you tried to stop him.

>>68168725
I do agree he was being reckless with his 3 point shots. But can you blame him? Kyrie and Love have not showed up either.

>>68169372
Lebron is pretty good 12-20 ft. That's like a hook shot.
>>
>>68171605
>>68171920
>>68172692
>you're only allowed to cherry pick if it supports le lebron hate me me!
sorry i'm bored of reading your blatanlty one sided tired lebron hate driven facebook tier "stats".

fact is bird played his whole career with a trio of hall of famers whereas bron only began to play with anybody comparable when he joined miami and now, where love and irving are no where near the level as champion proven goats like mchale and parrish.
>>
>>68172795
>But can you blame him?
Yes.
>>
>>68172902
C'mon, man. Its been proven time and time again - one man cannot win am NBA championship. Nobody has ever done it (modern era). This is especially hard when you are facing a team whose bench is composed of players that are actually starters.

And for the record, asides from his ball-handling skills, I think Kyrie is nothing but a regular all-star. Not the superstar everyone keeps making him out to be. I feel the same way about Kevin Love.

Also, forgot to mention J.R. Smith is playing like he's scared to take a shot.
>>
>>68172850
>I can't find anymore stats to cherry pick my argument so I'll just insult everyone who disagrees and then disengage

Good fucking riddance then you stupid bitch, you should go to a board more in line with what you're good at and what you know so you can actually contribute to a thread in a positive way like /lgbt/
>>
>>68173039
Fuck off with your excuses. If his team mates are not good enough, that's entirely on him. He left Pat Riley and Dwyane Wade to become the de facto GM, coach and primary superstar of the Cavs. He got the team mates he wanted (and people were literally calling for him to be given Executive of the Year for assembling such a great team), he got the coach he wanted. And he's still not delivering the titles that he promised. He's got an entire franchise doing whatever the fuck he wants, going WAY over the salary cap to re-sign the player he wants, and firing the coach he doesn't like.

Fuck off with your excuses.
>>
>>68173039
Hakeem did

Also a) he chose his teammates b) his teammates are not dog shit c) he has checked out like a little bitch once again

Also
>Canada
>worthwhile basketball opinion

Choose one
>>
>>68173143
Hakeem didn't win shit without Kenny Smith
>>
>>68173186
lol kenny smith hahahahahaaaaaa
>>
>>68173218
The fact is dudes like Kenny Smith and Shaun Livingston are better shooting guards as the second option than guys like Kyrie.
>>
>>68173141
Well, the excuses are at least reasonable. Though, I am a fan of Lebron, I am fully aware that his leadership skills are not as great as Jordan's or Stockton's, for example. However, he is still one hell of a player , definitely generational (once in a decade kind). I don't claim to be an Uber expert in basketball matters, but I've played and watched the game since I was little and can form a reasonable opinion about it based on my experience (used to play in a league as well as for my school's).

>>68173143
Was he not with Clyde Drexler?
Also, it's just my opinion. Whether you want to read it and analyze it or whatever is completely up to you. However, since it had merited response, I am going to assume it is at least a reasonable argument that I am putting forth for you guys.
>>
>>68173247
Also, with regards to getting the teammates he wanted - just because he got the teammates he wanted, it doesn't mean that the Cavs were going to be great. I'm fairly certain everyone was iffy on the Love signing, since he does not play defence at an elite level. Kyrie couldn't even bring his team close to a playoff spot in the east; this should've been already noted that he was not playing at a superstar level.
>>
>>68173091
retard
>>
Bird is quite possibly the best of all time, being compared to Bird should be considered an compliment.
>>
Lebron is better than bird

Kek
>>
>>68173247
>generational player
>never the best in the league (duncan, kobe and now curry all better)

He's an overrated Dominique Wilkins
>>
>Played way more seasons healthy

Broken back 2 torn Achilles bird in 88 still shits on him lelbron
>>
>>68167114
Implying early bird wasn't as explosive as kekbron

Stay young youngfag
>>
>>68173143
you have to criminally undervalue defense to think hakeem won without a team

but i would agree that team is the strongest example of one player having the single largest positive contribution to a chip winning team.
>>
>>68167114

The low post game is a dying art unfortunately. Almost no players work on it anymore.

Barkley, Malone, McHale, all of these guys could kill you on the post if you didn't double them.

You notice very few teams double a player anymore on the low post because they don't fear it. They won't get a high quality shot out of it, and the open three is much more fearsome.
>>
>>68174512
But Hakeem did win with out a team name one all star on the rockets for his firdt ship name one person who was nba 1st team nba 2nd name one person on that team who had any notable achievements that year you can't. Hakeem is still the only person to win a chip with no hofers and no all stars o. His squad. His team was literally throw it down to the dream and wait for the double
>>
>Can anyone tell me why people actually believe this fat sack of garbage is better than Larry bird

Did Larry Bird play and guard the 5?
>>
>>68174590
>guard the 5?
Can we stop this meme, he's calling for dumb switches every time a bigger player even appears near him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0Eblu1Aaw

Lebron can not guard real 5s, only some meme undersized small ball 5s
>>
>>68174652
So your answer is "no" Larry Bird did not play or guard the 5. Thanks for clearing it up.
>>
File: 1391126209207.jpg (64 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1391126209207.jpg
64 KB, 612x612
>>68170995
>calls out cherrypicking
>proceeds to cherry pick
>>
>>68174684
He couldn't guard centers, but that's irrelevant to the comparison since Lebron can't do it either
>>
>>68174590
Implying those are real centres kek

Lmk when kekbron can come close to this performance
https://youtu.be/89IQcTPHkRs
>>
>>68174723
Also it's worth noting that Lebron is playing in the weakest big man era ever. The most dangerous center he has faced in the play offs was Dwight Howard and he was scoring at will against the Cavs.

And Dwight is not even half of an offensive threat that the 80s bigs were
>>
>>68174773
But he can play the 5

>Gets swept in 6 by Dwight no post moves H oward
>>
>>68173247
Clyde wasn't there for the first one

>>68173186
Basketball fail
>>
>>68174684
In todays game Bird would guard the five and in the 80s Bron would get abused by 5s

different era's especially when considering the smaller line-ups of today.
>>
>>68174874
>Basketball fail
Nope.

Kenny Smith as a sidekick > Kyrie as a sidekick.

Simple fact. Kyrie isn't effective in his role.
>>
>>68167065
99% of people here never watched Bird play, even on youtube and they believe everything they read on ESPN. I remember when Bron just came to the NBA, ESPN was lobbying for him to be in all nba defensive team even though he was shit defensively (he improved couple of years later) just to improve NBA ratings by proclaiming a new Jordan. There was some thing on NBA.com where you could ask Reggie Miller shit over e-mail and I asked him about why he said Lebron should be in first defensive team over the likes of Battier and he answered something like "it's simply Lebron".

But my biggest problem with him is that he is the least clutch player that is in GOAT discussion ever and his flopping is annoying to say the least.
>>
>>68168032
>there have been 2 different teams built around him with pay cutting superstars
>2-4
>>
>>68172850
Your argument is somewhat valid. But I would still pick bird (6'9) since he has the ability to shoot a 3 while there being a hand in his face and there being 3 seconds left in a final championship game. Lebron (6'8) can barely make a 3 pointer to save his team from getting blown out in 1st and 2nd game.
>>
>>68175015
>Kenny > Kyrie

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>68172850
Bird played with Hall of Famers against Hall of Famers, Lebron played with 1 Hall of Famer against literal garbage and then with All Stars against literal garbage
>>
>>68175255
Use.your head. Kyrie is obviously a lot worse as a nimber 2 guy than Kenny is.

Kyrie as the leader of his team and the number one option is not contest. Kyrie is the better player in those circumstances.

But Kyrie as LeBron's teammate compared to Kenny as Hakeem's teammate? Kyrie is shit-tier. That lazy post entry pass last night was all the evidence I need.
>>
>>68175330
So Kenny with lelbron they win 9 straight for da land ?
>>
Reminder that Bird would win one for da land simply because he would hate Draymond Green enough to average 60 ppg
>>
>>68175418
Bird would get in his head so much he'd probably have gotten ejected by game 2
>>
>>68175456
This.

>Hey Lebron, I learned that move in college.
>Hey Lebron, did you leave your talents at South Beach?
>Hey Lebron, D-Wade could've saved you on that last one
>Hey Lebron, did you skip practice to re-read Space Jam 2?

etc etc etc
>>
>>68174559
robert horry is legendary in the playoffs and they got crazy good minutes out of cassell off the bench. i really think those two propelled a contending team into chip winners. they got all star tier minutes out of those two in the playoffs.

i'm not arguing against hakeem being the best example keep in mind i just think you're undervaluing an aspect of their team. they played great team defense and had a couple seriously undervalue players AND the best player in hakeem.
>>
lebron is way better than bird but bird accomplished more
>>
>>68175233
i don't disagree necessarily but you do have to consider the players bird got to play with his whole career. going purely by individual stats i'd take bird as well.
>>
>>68175575
To me it's pretty simple, one player is better at driving to the basket and other at everything else. And mentally one player is clutch and other isn't. We are lucky to witness at least one of them in their primes and both are special but I would take Bird over Lebron any day. But if you have a clutch guy like Wade in the team already then maybe Lebron is a good option.
>>
>>68175575
Parish and McHale were great but let's remember two things.

1. Parish was a 27 year old center with 0 All Star appearances when he got traded to the Celtics
2. McHale was an average rookie during their first championship run and only started putting up HoF caliber numbers around the time of their 3rd championship run

Saying Bird had 2 HoFers for his entire career is one of those "technically correct" statements.
>>
>>68175575
LeBron played with Miami, a team that had great funding and players. Only won one ring after promising 10 rings over 10 years.
>>
>>68175680
1. parrish put up all star caliber numbers prior to bird
2. mchale was an "average rookie" who played elite tier defense his entire career
they also had tiny archibald along with bird, parrish and mchale for their first title.
>>
>>68175815
Lebron always had one guy with all star numbers and good defenders around him.
>>
File: bb.png (66 KB, 814x594) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
66 KB, 814x594
who would you rather have
>>
>>68175841
Based on stats second one but depends on how clutch they are, their defense, era etc.
>>
>>68175838
he had nobody as good as archibald, parrish or a guy as good as mchale off the bench for his first 7 seasons in cleveland. and he won 2 titles when he did.
>>
>>68175549
You're overvaluing role players that are a dime a dozen in the nba.
>>
>>68175815
>17/10/1
>all star caliber numbers in an era where Kareem, Moses and Elvin Hayes were putting up 25/15 like it's nothing
>>
>>68175874
But he had more solid roleplayers.
>>
>>68175874
Stop it n o Achilles Archibald was shit. Might as well throw in pistol and Walton too if you're ganna name drop has beens.
>>
>>68175913
in <30mpg and he played another season avg of 17/12/2.9 now extrapolate to per36 that's 19.5/13.7/3.2/1.5 and 20.8/13.3/2/1

kareem played more than 36mpg as well so his stats were comparatively inflated.
>>
>>68175841
Why would you ever not take the top?
>>
>>68176071
he was their starting pg and all star the first year they won
>>
File: BACNE roid efx.jpg (67 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
BACNE roid efx.jpg
67 KB, 576x432
>>68167065
time to juice up, baby!
>>
File: 1434946726472.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1434946726472.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>68176071
>Pistol Pete
>Not one of the greatest of all time

"It has been reported that former LSU coach Dale Brown charted every shot Maravich scored and concluded that, if his shots from three-point range would have been counted as three points, Maravich's average would have totaled 57 points per game."
>>
>>68176142
>per36
If we're using that then JR Smith had multiple All-Star caliber seasons before joining the Cavs.
>>
>>68176164
Shit till bird got there literally bird babby
>>
>>68176253
you don't have to use it to see his numbers are all star tier and insane for the mins he played. the implication is he wasn't good before bird; he clearly was. the only difference is minutes played.
>>
>>68176293
b-but he was better before joining the celtics......
>>
>>68176146
Less efficient shooting, worse rebounder, more turnover prone just based on a quick glance for why the first one isn't as good as his higher points suggests
>>
>>68176212
That's like hakeem on the raptors he tried to steal me one like Malone off riding birds back just like Walton
>>
>>68174523
That's also why they go for any vaguely skilled Euro center, as basic post-up games and fundamental center's moves are still taught here (for yugo players, at least).
>>
>>68176353
Then he broke his ankles got traded around. Ended up on a bird less Celt team leading them to an impressive 29-53 record

Bird takes them to 61 wins next year
>>
File: 1312891895811.jpg (151 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1312891895811.jpg
151 KB, 400x400
>>68176366
I've read this post about 5 times and about 5 words in it loses me
>>
>>68176336
>per36
17/10 is not all star tier. Unless we consider JR Smith a perennial All-Star tier player.

The thing about All-Star tier players is that they're getting picked to play in All-Star games. Parish was in the league for 4 years before joining the Celtics and did not get that honor
>>
To everyone saying lebeta is a better scorer because of more points you're wrong because bird a) wasn't some hero ball chucking faggot b) bird had teammates that he trusted to score some of the points c) he played in an Era with more physical defense and lower scores
>>
>>68176407
he already had a legendary career by then and bird is now playing with two more hall of famers.
>>
File: wut.png (332 KB, 655x368) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
332 KB, 655x368
>>68176366
Someone translate this shit for me
>>
>>68167114
>no skill
Right because passing and court vision arent skills. Clearly you never saw lebron in Miami he was almost the perfect player, shot the 3, posted up, distributed from the wing, nailed mid range jumpers.

Bird would be regulated to bench player in this day and age. He had old man game even when he wasnt old.
>>
>>68176481
>Played more seasons
>Played more seasons healthy
>>
>>68175380
Probably not cause LeBron is a bitch.

Better odds than Kyrie tho.
>>
>>68176490
Bird had Nate in his rookie year 61 wins no parish no McHale
>>
>>68176450
17/10.9/1.6 in 29.4 mins is and nearly identical to his as numbers. and that wasn't even his best season before bird.
>>
File: 84851271.jpg (125 KB, 550x822) Image search: [Google]
84851271.jpg
125 KB, 550x822
>>68176366
and what about that time he did not save off you?
>>
>>68176534
bird had no titles without them and the question was never how many games bird could win on his own lebrob won plenty himself with no title too.
>>
>>68176494
His passing and especially his court vision is overrated and bird blows him out of the water for both
>>
>>68176539
>17/10.9/1.6 in 29.4 mins
That's not All-Star caliber.
>>
>>68168087
Real talk. Is Lebron hurt?
>>
>>68176717
>That dunk on Iggy last night
No, he's an insane bitch who is soscared he is passing to players that have all but proven they cant perform.

He isn't leading. He is trying to follow someone.

But Wade will not answer that call...
>>
>>68176717
nah. he's just a bitch.
>>
>>68176627
that's not even his best pre bird season. but #1 defensive rating, 7th rebounds and 4th in blocks in '79 all before bird. no player besides kareem ranked higher in blocks and rebounds combined. he was overlooked as an all star and played far fewer mins than comparative players.
>>
>>68176786
parish is the one that benefitted the most playing with bird.
>>
>>68176834
retard
>>
>>68175540
Oh shit, those are actually be pretty good.
>>
Bird was garbage at the game, I could dunk on him.
>>
>>68176895
Ignore that "be".
>>
>>68176603
Let me guess you dont believe in statistical analysis. Nor did you see bird actually play.
>>
>>68175687
>Only won one ring after promising 10 rings over 10 years.
I feel like you guys are doing this on purpose. It's not like a repeat is that impressive considering the talent they had, but this still seems like a fact you shouldn't screw up.
>>
Ive never seen bird sit out a 4 the quarter much less in the finals

Playing>lebabby

https://youtu.be/UAh5iehk0hc
>>
>>68176930
I did watch him play and I do take statistical analysis into account but I actually watch basketball and don't just read stat sheets

Lebron fills up his assist sheet by doing essentially the same pass for 90% of his assists: bull rush into the lane and blindly hurl the ball to the corner where one of your 3 point specialist teammates always is. It is effective but hardly impressive. Bird, meanwhile, was actually able to consistently pick out teammates with beautiful passes. It is not an exaggeration to say bird had some of the best court vision and awareness the league has ever seen. To say the same of lebron would be more than just an exaggeration, it would be a disservice to those that actually have such court vision and awareness
>>
>>68167114
Lebron is overrated but this is a lie.
His passing is phenomenal.
>>
>>68174367
Why is he not the best player? Curry is mostly good at shooting; is being the best doing only 1 thing really well? One can easily argue Westbrook > Curry.

Also, Lebron does more than just score. He rebounds well and is an above average passer. His basketball IQ is far greater than most players in his position. Also, his stats are HOF worthy. I am fully aware stats are not everything; however, they give a good indicator of the player's direct contribution to his team.
>>
>>68177642
When you think of a generational player you think of a player who dominates the league. Duncan dominated, kobe arguably dominated, curry is now dominating. Lebron is 2-5 Canada, that's not domination.
>>
>>68177642
But he does none of that in 4th quarter

Daily reminder lelbron was the best in the league

https://youtu.be/kdYvnpbHhIE
>>
will lebron be of any use after he becomes old and his athleticism is gone
>>
you can count on one hand the amount of times lebron has taken over a playoff game
>>
>>68177731
Lebron has dominated the last 8 years. His team always makes a deep playoff run, and turns the worst of teams into playoff teams.
Kobe needed a lot of help to win championships. The same can be said about Curry - he doesn't need to actually be on the floor for the GSW to win.

Domination is of course a team thing. Comparatively, Lebron has dominated the NBA for a long time. The GSW have recently gotten better because of a really good off-season that put together a steam roller of a team; abusing 3 point shots and fast PnR defensive schemes to stop opponents from effectively using screens. But, think back a few years ago when GSW couldn't even get passed the first round in the playoffs (thats with a healthy Curry and Thompson). Their domination will last only as long ad the current team stays intact. Once other players start leaving for more money, it will be a true test of how dominant the Curry-Thompson-Green combination will be; however, I have no doubt other teams will end up beating them by then.
>>
File: zr83235_created.png (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
zr83235_created.png
2 MB, 2480x3508
>>68177979
Erm...passing?
>>
>>68178498
>his team always makes a deep playoff run

That's because he's playing in the fucking eastern conference. If the Spurs were a eastern conference team they'd be in the finals almost every year for the last decade and a half.
>>
>>68176354
Top is more efficient
>>
>>68180719
Does not matter. Miami still won 2 championships against the western conference's top team.

The east may be weak at the bottom, but their top teams are still elite teams.
>>
>>68168412
Kobe and Jordan were great midrange shooters. Of course now everyone only cares about memechucking so people don't think they were great shooters.
>>
>>68183417
Miami
Craptors

Elite hahahahah
>>
>>68168250
Thick, solid, post anon
>>
>>68184417
midrange shot has always been a meme
>>
>>68184417
Kobe wasnt "great" he took 80 shots a game and missed 50%.

He shot the Lakers out of the last title by going 6/24, but Pau saved his ass.

Kobe is the most overrated marketed player in nba history. Ruins a franchise twice(fight with shaq and phil)(holds team hostage for three years so he can make 75 mil). Raped a woman, and is now a media darling after 6 months of fake smiles and losing
>>
>>68184519
They beat OKC and the Spurs WITH Lebron. A testament to his greatness.

>>68185277
I agree. The only reason why people like him is because he allows his team to be down against an opponent at the end of the game, so he has more opportunities to get game winning/tying shots, unlike Lebron; he always tries to be up the entire game.
>>
>>68185277
>mamba out
>>
>>68176494
Bird had vision and passing ability only second to Magic, and he wasn't far behind at all.

How fucking young are you.

Bird didn't start playing like an old man until his back exploded.
>>
>>68184901
this. the midrange shot was the original memechuck before 3s became more prevalent
>>
>>68186232
Just ordered this shit desu

>>68185277
>Raped
>>
>>68176897
He used to drink whole six packs by himself and was basically a redneck hillbilly, if he actually have a shit about staying in great shape he would be unstoppable. It's absurd as is how great he was at shooting given how he really shouldn't have been.
>>
Bird played in a higher paced era. Lebron would average 32/12/12 in the 80s.
>>
FUCK KEVIN LOVE
>>
File: hurtz.png (287 KB, 383x378) Image search: [Google]
hurtz.png
287 KB, 383x378
>>68189231
32 minutes of rest
12 travelling violations
12 flops
GOAT
>>
>>68189231

Could imagine Bird with today's technology and medicine?

He'd average 40/15/15!
>>
File: drake-hotline-bling-lyrics.jpg (23 KB, 346x416) Image search: [Google]
drake-hotline-bling-lyrics.jpg
23 KB, 346x416
>>68191987
Im kekd leld
>>
File: larry bird giphy.gif (3 MB, 288x208) Image search: [Google]
larry bird giphy.gif
3 MB, 288x208
>>68167065
This is so on point. Bird was a beast, a legend. He lost to Showtime Lakers two times. The fucking Showtime Lakers. Thats a worthy defeat. James loses to GSW who are worthy as well, the rest can go fuck it. If Allen didnt make that 3 he would only have 1 ring. James is an amazing player but I'd rather take Bird any day. Larry Legend is and will always remain the greatest small forward of all fucking time.
>>
>>68192954
If curry did that everyone here would complain about meme chucking
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.