[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is more likely to happen in sawker? >The US winning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1465192653107.jpg (193 KB, 1281x751) Image search: [Google]
1465192653107.jpg
193 KB, 1281x751
What is more likely to happen in sawker?

>The US winning a WC
>China winning a WC
>>
China without a doubt
>>
File: 150705 WNT v JPN Champions.jpg (1023 KB, 1200x682) Image search: [Google]
150705 WNT v JPN Champions.jpg
1023 KB, 1200x682
The US already have a WC m8
>>
>>68165421
Definitely China. Literally a billion people. Statistically, there are several slit-eyed Messis and rice-munching Ronaldoes roaming the rice fields.
>>
>>68165444
time of the month kick is not a sport.
>>
China. They are spending hundreds of millions trying to make it happen.
>>
China. They're doing what japan did, mainly promote technique starting as early as 3 years old. The difference is, china has way more people. You won't see these results until 15-20 years though.
>>
>>68165421
China is already copying our developing system and are buying spanish coach for their football schools
they actually have the goal of winning it by 2050

on the other hand USA football culture is not growing at all while their development and league are a total joke

I can easily see china winning it first
>>
>>68165457
>implying the avarage person from country x is the same As the avarage person from country y
That is the same As saying an Indiana is going to Windows the 100 dash in the Olympics soon just because there are Manu of them. Differances between the "avarage " person in different regions of the world also explains why the Belgian national football team is minority white even though Belgium (for the time being) is majority white. That is not to say you can't find all kinds of people from all regions.
>>
>>68165441
>>68165457
>>68165483
>>68165512
>>68165544
>Country of third world impoverashed and genetically fucked miget chinks
>winning shit

Lmao
>>
>>68165544
This just makes me sad and angry. Our embarassing federation only cares about shekels and maintaining a domestic league that hasnt improved whatsoever in a decade. We are not doing enough in everything to grow the sport here
>>
>>68165441
>>68165457
>>68165483
>>68165512
>>68165544

USA is currently 31st in the world
China is currently 81st in the world

I dislike America very much, but it is literally obvious that the USA is about a billion times more likely to win a WC, in their current standing, than China

That's not to say China can't overtake USA but they haven't shown any signs of doing so yet. And league investment is not the same as national team investment you dumb, dumb fucks
>>
>>68165643
>I dislike America very much
>>
>>68165612
>>68165643
if they could built a half decent basketball team, why wouldn't they do the same with football, which is less depending on genetics and more on skill and tactics

they are throwing huge amounts of money at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFhS5f_k4E
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10883410/China-aims-for-World-Cup-glory-with-biggest-football-academy-on-earth.html

>>68165643
I was always talking about NT investement
>>
>>68165637
>hasnt improved whatsoever in a decade
>doing nothing to grow the sport

Confirmed for knowing nothing. Literally the fastest growing sport among kids and this WILL carry on as they get older. Generations come to accept it as the culture changes and gets more pussified instead of parents sending their kids to concussion ball death camps.

The MLS is much better than it was in previous years but I personally wouldn't waste my time watching it.
>>
>>68165656
You can spend the entire world's fortune on developing chinese soccer and they still wouldn't be better than the rest of the world's soccer players.

You can't fix short legs and lower stamina due to smaller bodies.

Chinese basketball is shit as well and their own fucking league is foreigner dominated.
>>
>>68165651

A lot. And yet it's still completely and utterly obvious that USA are actually a relevant football country these days but China are million miles from being so

Look at where USA are in the rankings, they're surrounded by countries like Croatia, Poland, Czech Republic, Sweden, Ivory Coast. These are big teams all with big name players.

I think everyone in this thread is just trolling to be honest because, like me, they hate the USA

>>68165656

In the current state of affairs China are a billion billion miles away from winning a WC, it's literally irrelevant what their plans are when their current team is completely and utterly irrelevant

China could overtake USA, sure, but could that happen before 2018? Definitely, definitely not. Could it happen before 2022? It's pretty unlikely.

So for the next WC, USA are a billion times more likely to win. For the won after that, I would still say USA have a better chance

You say how China are investing big in it, but so are the USA, look at all the investment their league is having at the moment (I know I said that's not the same as NT investment but it's indicative of the growing popularity, and just look at the growing popularity of the NT itself)

TL;DR - USA are becoming a relevant football country, China are a million miles away from being so.
>>
>China is totally going to dominate WC's, guys!
is this century's
>African countries are totally going to dominate WC's, guys!
>>
>>68165700
I was projecting towards 2050 at least
China won't probably be half relevant in Asia until like 2030
unless USA pulls out a miracle win in the next 20-30 years I could see China passing them
although I don't see neither winning a WC in my lifetime
>>
>>68165421
Since the US qualifies for the WC on a regular basis and China almost never does, I think the US is more likely to win one. Still unlikely either way though.
>>
>>68165700
USA is way better than China, but not good enough that they have even remote possibility of winning the World Cup so that puts them even.

To answer which country has better chance to win World Cup you have to look quite far in to future and China's crazy spending makes their chances better.
>>
Depends if the USA can do it before 2050 by which China will have enslaved the world and turned the world cup into a pageantry of their domination
>>
>>68165421
Usa, is this even a real fucking question.
>>
>China will eventually host a WC
>they will pull a massive refball like Korea in 2002
you know it's happening
also prepare for Qatar doing it in 2022
>>
>>68165421
Based Cranberry Juice.
>>
Fuck this! I'd rather have Qatar win all WC till the end of times instead of US winning it even once
>>
>>68165938
>refuse to refball for qatar
>get executed

>ball touches hand of a player against qatar
>hand gets chopped off

>try to go anywhere after the match
>have to inmediately go back to the hotel or get beheaded

Worst world cup
>>
>>68165738
Yeah maybe long term China could be the better team, but also before that, they're likely to become the biggest economy in the world too, the world's primary superpower.

But I didn't interpret OP's question to mean "in 50+ years time". I suppose you have a point if you take it to mean that though

>>68165828
>USA is way better than China, but not good enough that they have even remote possibility of winning the World Cup so that puts them even.
OP asked which is more likely. So the answer is the USA
>To answer which country has better chance to win World Cup you have to look quite far in to future and China's crazy spending makes their chances better.
I don't think there's any possible way you can know what will happen that far ahead. World wars may well break out before anything like that happens
>>
>>68165976
>China
>becoming a power of any sort
They're feeding off US consumption, the day they eclipse the US is the day they collapse.
>>
>>68165976
>china
>biggest economy
nice one m8 they're like india with more spotlight
>>
>>68165544
The US thought they could win it in 20 years the absolute madmen. They are arguably in worse position now than then, with shittier players and the league is still very crap.
>>
File: us-china-gdp.png (23 KB, 545x389) Image search: [Google]
us-china-gdp.png
23 KB, 545x389
>>68165988
>this denial
Lel
>>
>>68166002
They're the second biggest economy in the world right now

They have the highest GDP (adjusted for purchasing power) in the world

At the current growth rate they should overtake the US for highest GDP (nominal) in the next 10 - 15 years
>>
>>68165612
They're kicking absolute ass in the Olympics these days.
>>
>>68166147
>GDP
>PPP

This isn't per capita retard. PPP is only relevant in reference to per capita.
>>
Lol at all the Yuros thinking China will achieve any goal they want, whether it's sporting or economic, because "2 billion people" and "dey got growing economy."

Read about how China artificially inflates their GDP by literally building cities that no one lives in. Read about the demographic atomic bomb that is due to go off in the next 20 or 30 years as their middle age population, who are currently the overwhelming largest demographic, ages. Simply put, because China enforced that one child rule, there won't be enough people to replace the previous generation, from an economic perspective.

http://www.economist.com/node/18651512

They also have a debt bubble just waiting to burst.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chart-shows-chinas-debt-bubble-bigger-than-subprime-bubble-2016-05-31

We've seen this before. In the 80's, Japan was "supposed" to take over as the world's preeminent economic superpower by the 90's. Read any cyberpunk fiction from the time, and it all takes place in some city essentially owned by a Japanese corporation, with the world currency being the New Yen.

It obviously never happened. Just like China won't happen.

>Your just a butthurt Murrifat praying China doesn't surpass you.

Not really. China has made some suicidal choices in their evolution from a 3rd world backwater into an economic might. And those choices will prove to haunt them.
>>
File: TheyWereWrong.png (196 KB, 1343x478) Image search: [Google]
TheyWereWrong.png
196 KB, 1343x478
>>68166147

4chan in 1995.

American: Nah, Japan won't surpass the US economically.

American Hating Yuro who roots for the "underdog.": Lol. It's gonna happen, Murrifat. Quit being in denial. Your time is up! Your auto manufacturing was first to fall. Only a matter of time now.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.