[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will 2018 be the year he pulls a Maradona?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: 250392-messi-golden-ball-fifa.jpg (156 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
250392-messi-golden-ball-fifa.jpg
156 KB, 500x500
Will 2018 be the year he pulls a Maradona?
>>
Start doing a line of coke off a stripper's ass?
>>
File: Argentina 18.jpg (43 KB, 428x554) Image search: [Google]
Argentina 18.jpg
43 KB, 428x554
Probably. If Spain gets eliminated, I'll be rooting for them
>>
he's averaging like 8km run per game. Ran bellow that distance in the CL QFs.
>>
>>68130662
>south americans performing good in european hosted wc
m8...
>>
why didnt he just chose to play for spain?
>>
2018 is the year he pulls OP's mother
>>
>>68130812
Sweden 1958
Italy 1990, France 1998, I'd put those on the "good performance" list despite the losses
>>
>>68130869
True dat. Brazil was playing at a near GOAT level. Too bad they had to fight against the best team of all time.
>>
>>68130990
here's your friendly (You)
>>
No, he'll be too old and won't have as much acceleration. His big chance was that free kick in the 90th minute of the last final.
>>
>>68130869
>Sweden 1958
too far in the past, in that time pure talent was more than enough to win

and yes there are some good performances, but the common outcome in the recent times is european teams completely dominating the wc in europe
>>
>>68131284
SAs in the last 3 WCs in Europe:

2006 - yeah, shit
1998 - finalist
1990 - finalist
>>
>>68130812
This. Good thing 2018 isn't European hosted, they might do well.
>>
>>68131245
He will hand of god the ball to dybala
>>
>>68131245
>His big chance was that free kick in the 90th minute of the last final.
>a free kick from 35 meters out
>a big chance
>>
>>68131377
in those 3 wc europe is 10-5 against latin america in the knockouts
and 4 out of those 5 wins were on penalties with one out of the 10 by europeans being on penalties

the only time a latin american beated a european was Brazil vs Denmark in 98

and we are talking about teams like 90s Colombia, Maradona's Argentina or late 90s Brazil
>>
>>68131530
Messi memers told me he was good at free kicks
>>
>>68131587
>latin america

don't lump concacaf with south america to try to give your arguments a semblance of truth
just don't

Argentina played more finals in Europe than Spain.
Argentina played more semifinals in Europe than Spain (a country which only achieved one semifinal, EVER, in South Africa 2010).
Brazil played and won more finals in Europe than Spain.

So Spain plays like shit in Europa, not us.
>>
>>68131530
>muh higuaĆ­n
>muh goat player that does nothing all game but is completely exempt of guilt
he could've at least crossed
>>
>>68131797
Being good at free kicks means that you make that shot 2-3 times in a hundred tries, not that every free kick is "a big chance".
>>
>>68131876
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>68131829
Savage
>>
>>68131878
well considering he probably fucked up 200 free kicks before that one he was due.
>>
>>68131948
He literally scored one at that tournament.

Try again faggot.
>>
No, South American football is starting to become irrelevant. He had his fair shot though
>>
>>68131829
I said latin america to add Mexico, but it's ok it doesn't really change that much
I just pointed a fact, south americans get dominated when the wc is hosted in Europe although they still manage to outperform when it's hosted anywhere else
this has happened for a pair of decades already after south americans dominated the game for a long time

I never tried to imply Brazil and Argentina are bad, they are arguably top 3 NT with Germany, maybe Italy ahead of Argentina
>>
>>68131829
btw Spain was forth in 1950
>>
>>68131906
I hate this meme desu
>>
>>68132030
so he was dangerous from free kicks. thanks for admitting it.
>>
>>68132203
Of course he was, he's one of the best in the world at free kicks.
>>
>>68130662
overdosing?
>>
>>68130990
Leicester City?
>>
>>68132409
Why did he delete it?
>>
>>68132246
I'm finding conflicting stats on the subject.
However apparently Messi took about 10 years to beat Ronaldinho's La Liga free kick record. He's definitely good and stepped up his game in the last season, but not outstanding through his career.

>>68132557
looks like they counted pks
>>
>>68132699
Almost every player ever will look average when you compare their free kick stats to Ronaldinho.

Messi has been one of the best in the world at free kicks through out his career (and the best over the last 12-18 months), Ronaldinho was one of the best ever at them.
>>
>>68132772
I don't know how his free kicks are for Argentina but he damn pisses me off at Barcelona. He always takes them no matter where he is or what side even if the angles bad. Neymar is a better free kicker than he is
>>
>>68132981
>Neymar is a better free kicker than he is
Neymar scored 1 free kick goal from 18 attempts this season. Messi scored 7 free kick goals from ~55 attempts (don't remember the exact number but it was 50 after that Espanyol free kick in May).
>>
>>68132981
Messi really stepped up his fk game last season.
Neymar scored once as Polandbro said, although he had some really close shots/hits on the post IIRC.
>>
>>68133175
Neymar would score a lot more if he had 50+ attempts. Messi is starting to send his shots to the moon. They should let rakitic shoot too
>>
>>68133298
>Neymar would score a lot more if he had 50+ attempts
And you're basing this on?
>>
>>68133314
He actually get close to the net? Do you actually watch or just look at stats. When messi misses he sends them too the moon most of the time not even close. When Neymar shoots he's pretty close missing by a little getting saved or hitting the post or bar
>>
>>68133423
Sure, let's take away free kick duties from a player who scored the most free kick goals in the world this season at one of the highest conversion rates and give them to someone else because he got close a couple times.

Flawless logic.
>>
>>68133469
7 goals
55 attempts not impressive
Neymar is a better free kick taker stats aside just face it
>>
>>68133542
It's one of the best conversion rates of all players with reasonable sample sizes.
>>
>>68133564
He takes every kick I'd hope is conversion rate is up there. When he scores it's great but when he misses it's bad. If he can get the ball on net more be can create more chances for his teammates. That's why I'd rather have Neymar take them. At least on his side with better angle. And when they're far away let rakitic take it.
>>
>>68133564
>It's one of the best conversion rates of all players with reasonable sample sizes.
A fucking keeper did better in 9 seasons. Juninho must have a much better number
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.