[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
british shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: barclays-premier-league.jpg (316 KB, 1425x1095) Image search: [Google]
barclays-premier-league.jpg
316 KB, 1425x1095
aight guys! I have decided to become emotionally invested in english football!
wich team to cheer for? I get that there is a lot of shit teams without any character or tradition.
maybe liverpool or something?
>>
>English football
>English
>>
You don't have to pick a team with tradition. In fact I'd rather you pick a team like Chelsea or Man City rather than buy into the the whole liverpool fan mindset
>>
>>68129043
>emotionally invested
>liverpool
sounds about right, all they do is cry
>>
>>68129043
>emotionally invested
>liverpool
you're not really good with your investments, are you?
>>
Burnley, hard working team with based manager. Also has the plus side that when they most likely get relegated again you can cancel your emotional investment.
>>
>>68129421
>sean "muh money" dyche
>based
>>
Stoke for memes
>>
Pick a championship team with a chance of going up. Then you'll get a journey and adventure.
Some teams with good history, Wolves, Forest, Sheffield Wed
>>
Crystal Palace
>>
The best club is Leeds United. They are well-liked by all the other teams.
>>
Bournememe for good football, good memes and crippling mediocrity
>>
>>68129043
>"""""""""""""""""""""english""""""""""""""""""""" football
>>
>>68129043
Newcastle. Decent beer, they have Rafa, they will get promoted, and they have a dank midfielder.
>>
>>68129043
Tottenham, they'll keep you,on the brink of suicide. Very exciting ino
>>
Southampton they'll make you shit yourself at every transfer window
>>
>>68129765
This is true. Outstanding club with outstanding fans.
>>
Lester lad.

I myself have been a lifelong fan since last winter.
>>
>>68129080

>unironically suggesting someone should support Shitty or Chelski.

Pick a team like Everton or Southampton. I support Newcastle, but they just got relegated so I'm hoping Rafa gets them back the following season since they were playing much better once he arrived.
>>
>>68130443
do they show championship games in the US?
>>
>>68130443
>not suggesting Newcastle so you can say you've been a /lifelong/ even before they were good when they win the league in 2017/18
>>
>>68130505

That's just it, I don't think so. If they do, then I haven't found it yet.
>>
>>68130547
I mean you can of course stream too, but even still, not every championship game is streamed. In fact I'd say fairly little of it is, but Newcastle will probably be the team with the most coverage
>>
>>68129043
Why don't you support Arsenal like all Arabs?
>>
>>68129043
ktbffh
or gooners.
>>
File: Cim7SmNXEAA4xms.jpg (227 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Cim7SmNXEAA4xms.jpg
227 KB, 600x900
>>68129043
lester now that one verminous rat has jumped ship and the team explodes, plucky underdog II
>>
>>68130569

That's what I am hoping for, honestly. I highly doubt the US gets any Championship games, but since Newcastle is a vastly larger club than some of the opposition at this level, I think their coverage will reflect that and have a much higher chance of having a solid stream for their matches.
>>
>>68130505
BeIn shows some I think.
>>
>>68130704
>bigger club
The championship is full of big teams with top flight successes and even European Cup winners like Forest and Villa
>>
>>68130665
haha alles klar, schluchtenscheißer! warum gehst du nicht einfach deine schwesterfrau ballern?
>>
>>68130935
Next year's Championship will be great.

Villa, Newcastle, Norwich coming down, teams like Derby and Sheff Wed who will be up there, Leeds, Forest, Ipswich, Wolves, Birmingham, Fulham and QPR who will fancy their chances of making top six also. Also Wigan and their meme striker

If you want a true underdog OP then go for Burton Albion.
>>
>>68131326
>Forest
>top six
Wew
>>
>>68131768
>implying they don't have as good a squad as any top 6 contender
>implying they haven't been dealing with injuries to key players and embargo, both of which are gone now
>>
>>68129524
>Wolves
>Forest
>Chance of going up
>>
stoke
>>
>>68131768
Their embargo's been lifted so I'd expect them to do some good business.
>>
>>68133395
they haven't even got a manager yet
>>
OP which part of Leeds are you moving to
>>
>>68130505
A few.
>>
File: goat.jpg (32 KB, 391x353) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
32 KB, 391x353
Biased opinion: Bolton Wanderers.
Seeing as we've been relegated, lost all our money, lost 20 players & a manager, you can get in as we rebuild the team in league 1. Plus he have heskey.
>>
File: 1464516054980.jpg (93 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
1464516054980.jpg
93 KB, 1024x575
LIVERPOOL
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.