[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
overated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2
Not saying he wasn't top 5 but you dint get to be called the greatest without help of media. This guy was allot of things liberals love: Black, racist against whites, black panther, Malcom x cocksucker and of course Muslim. Like Michael Jordan I think this guy is overhyped no way is he as good as Joe Louis or Sugar Ray.
>>
>it's another /pol/ tries to infiltrate /sp/ and pretend they know what they're talking about

So how was Rush Limbaugh this morning, anon?
>>
>>68123145
Actually I hate Rush Limbaugh but I do like Jt the brick
>>
>not knowing Cassius Clay was redpilled and /pol/-approved as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U
>>
He was the Goat because he was a great talker that walked the walk like no other.
>>
>>68123066
He seemed pretty redpilled to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpfcq4pV5U
>>
>>68123145
>have a slightly non pc opinion
>go back to /pol/ xd

fuck off newfag normie, 4chan has always been racist
>>
>>68123145
non-/pol/ and non-racist here
you can't deny Ali was a racist idiot
>>
>>68123145
>le /pol/ boogeyman
Back to plebbit you go
>>
>>68123066

Yeah, because we all know how the sports media of the 70's and 80's was DOMINATED by liberals, right?

>fucktard
>>
/pol/ in full damage control itt.
>>
>>68123713
Not then but today retard
>>
>>68123824
>t. vote remainer
>>
>>68123494
Goat = what you do as a boxer not what you say outside the ring or even backing it up. Ali was best of his era but earlier eras were better just like Mayweather ain't got shit on Ali but will be better than who's here in 20 years. Most people who would have went into boxing went to NFL, UFC or MLB instead. Talent level keeps declining.
>>
Putting it out there that I think Ali would have dealt with Louis with ease, both in prime
>>
>>68124103
Not easily and he definitely couldn't beat Dempsey or Sugar Ray
>>
>>68123535
t. """""oldfag"""""
>>
>>68123066

Hes one of the few to be legitimately GOAT

He fought in an era with the best of the best fighters his losses were to HoF boxers. In his prime he was nearly untouchable.

Save the title of overrated great for Mayweather in 20 years
>>
>>68123572
>you can't deny Ali was a racist idiot
you do realise the time he was born in Blacks couldn't even use the same bathroom or restaurants as whites, right?
>calling Ali the racist one
He threw his olympic gold medal in the river when he was refused entry to a restaurant after coming back home.
>>
>>68123890
He was hailed as the greatest while still active dumbass. The Foreman upset pushed him up to GOAT status.
>>
>>68125015
That's by his gereration a generation that didn't witness boxing from 1900-1960 era. Just like all the idiots worshipping Michael Jordan and trashing Curry/Lebron/Kobe/Duncan never even heard of Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain.
>>
>>68124488
Not as good as early 20th century those guys were brutal bear knuckle boxers that fought every day not 5 or 6 times per year.
>>
File: 1464493408844.jpg (95 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1464493408844.jpg
95 KB, 500x557
>>68123530
>All the lefties who ignore this and just quote the parts where he's anti racism
>>
>>68125236
But jordans better than chamberlain>>68125236
>>
>>68125674
Chamberlain scored 100 points in one game more impressive that cruising to finals victories through weak ass eastern conference then playing and taking care of biz against 6 flawed teams in NBA finals.
>>
>>68125927
Spoken like someone who doesnt know shit about basketball
>>
>>68125674
He like Ali was part of the marketing/sports media complex. Bet you also believe Tiger is greatest golfer, Jeff Gordon and Mike Schumacher greatest racers, Ruth best baseball and Gretzky is best hockey player.
>>
>>68125969
Lakers- old
Suns- no defense
Jazz/Sonics/Blazers/Knicks/Pacers - nobody after their stars
>>
I hate the fucker. Dodged the draft, acted like Richard Sherman on steroids, had an IQ of 85, rigged his way into beating Liston and Foreman and gets called the GOAT to this day because MUH SOCIAL ISSUES and because he was a mudslime.

>inb4 /pol/

/pol/ actually likes his fucktard ass because he was for racial separation
>>
>>68123066
There was no fighter with as quick of reflexes or as good of a jab as Ali. He didn't have quite as much knockout power as some, but it almost didn't matter, his jabs were like bricks coming at you (possibly all the mercury in his gloves)
>>
>>68125993
Er, who the fuck is better than Gretzky? He has more assists than anyone has points and basically doubled everyone else's production at the time he was playing
>>
>>68123145

>he thinks that /pol/lacks listen to Rush Limbaugh

You virginal, naive little boy.
>>
>>68124843
>you do realise the time he was born in Blacks couldn't even use the same bathroom or restaurants as whites, right?

Not everywhere you dumbfuck and even if so, so what? Not only is that nothing to get pissed about, it doesn't even contradict him. You just proved him right.
>>
>>68125993
Gretzky is more GOAT than Jordan.
>>
>>68126207
>rigged his way into beating Liston and Foreman

Wat?
>>
>>68126370
There are fringe arguments for Lemeiux and Orr that rely on a lot of what-ifs, and that is about it. Any argument for anyone else is total nonsense. Gretzky was very easily the best imo.
>>
>>68126509
Is there anyone as unquestionably the GOAT for their respective sport as Gretzky was for hockey?
>>
>>68126438

Are you going to say the same shit every thread? I really hope you are from Germany, otherwise this shit is just sad.
>>
>>68126462
The ropes in the Foreman fight were loose as shit, Sadler purposely dehydrated Foreman for no reason and Foreman might have even been drugged. All hearsay and conspiracy theories sure, but there's way many question marks about that fight.

As for Liston, he took an obvious dive in the second fight.
>>
>>68124843
And in North Carolina men aren't allowed to use the same bathroom as women, doesn't mean trannies would be justified in going full FUCK THE SYSTEM mentality.
>>
>>68124843
none of that disproves that claim that he was racist.
>>
If he was really that good he would have knocked our Chuvalo. Or at least staggered him
>>
>>68126564
I'm don't know too much about other sports but I find it hard to imagine. Gretzky just crushed the competition to the point that arguments against him being the GOAT are seen as borderline conspiracy theories.
>>
>>68126703
But Chuvalo is literally most known for not getting KOd by the greats, that's his trademark.
>>
>>68126438
>being treated as a second rate citizen and forbidden to do shit normal people do just because you have a darker face is nothing to get pissed about
>>
>>68126741
I once saw an Eskimo fellow go 110 rounds with Gentleman Jim Corbett of course back in those days if a fight went less than 80 rounds we demanded our nickel back
>>
>>68126783
Not using the same shitter as white people is a meme issue. Slavery, voting rights, those were real issues, but bathroom and bus segregation is literally just whining about nothing.
>>
>>68126829
People got lynched back then for looking at a white person.
>>
>>68126829
It's the federal and local government saying you as a black individual aren't the same as a white and don't deserve equal treatment.

But you're a 20 year old white /pol/ poster sitting at his mom's house righr now so I'm not gonna waste my time explaining to you why that's fucked up.
>>
>>68126959
There's a world of difference between getting beaten and hanged and having a designated shitting room.
>>
>>68126985
I'm turning 30 this autumn and I'm married, haven't seen my mother in 5 years and browse mostly just /sp/ and /k/. /pol/ is a board I don't give a fuck about other than election threads.
>>
>>68126610

Foreman laughed about the ropes theory on Champions Forever and admitted that he was just massively butthurt and looking for an excuse. He lost because he gassed himself out.
>>
>>68128297
He just said that to the public to not appear asspained.
>>
He is The Greatest because he's genuinely and generally accepted as such, and personally if you don't find aspects of his story and life absolutely fucking inspiring and heroic then you're some kind of faggot. IMO.

Same with Jordan, except the heroic inspiration part, but he comes from a different time. The media has been hyping up people since the mid-90s to be the Next Jordan and it's never, ever, not ONCE, taken hold in the American/sporting mind. They'd LOVE IT if they could create a media monster like Jordan, or fuck even Bird or Magic, but it's just not that easy and honestly, only simple-minded idiots like OP truly believe the media can make something or someone as big as Jordan just ''happen''.

He's great because He's Great. Simple as that. Some people are just better than others.
>>
>>68123066
>racist against whites
Source?
>>
>>68135808
>heroic
>dodged the war

That's the opposite of heroic, he was literally a coward.
>>
>>68135895
Nah LMAO

Here's that ''some kind of faggot'' I was talking about
>>
I SHOOK UP THE WORLD, I HAVE TO BE THE GREATEST, I'M A BAD MAN, I'M PRETTY.
>>
>>68135939
>glorifying cowards and traitors
>>
Holy shit this thread is cancer You fucking dummies. Any black person that lived during Jim Crow that wasn't "racist" toward whites (racist in the context of this shitty thread) must have been a totally cucked uncle tom.
>>
>>68136202
Kentucky had mostly just anti-miscegenation laws and Ali actually agreed with that.
>>
>>68123535
>>68123620
>>68123145

m80s, OP stated that Ali was overrated and he didn't even back it up with one boxing related statement.
Clearly /pol/'s doing.
>>
>>68127060
Call your mother and tell her you love her anon
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.