[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Amer icas/2016/0604/Postpone-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas/2016/0604/Postpone-Rio-Olympics-WHO-to-hold-emergency-meeting-about-Zika

>With debate growing over the safety of holding the Olympics in Brazil amid the ongoing Zika virus outbreak, the World Health Organization's Emergency Committee on Zika will meet in the coming weeks to evaluate the risks tied to going on with the Games in August, a WHO spokeswoman said on Friday.

>WHO makes risk assessments of a public health issue and it would be up to the International Olympics Committee (IOC) to decide on holding the event in Rio de Janeiro, due to start on Aug. 5, she said.

Well shit, i hope the IOC chooses to not delay it, foreigners can always watch at home
>>
>>68111403
>AverageBrazilianYoungster.jpg
>>
>>68111403
ayy huemao
>>
All the Olympics are going to do is vault Zika into a worldwide epidemic. Bringing people in from all over the globe to this region that's affected is literally the worst idea ever. Postpone the games or do anything else.

Unless, however, the Zika conspiracy is real and the ultimate goal is population control. In which case, Brazil basically being ground zero during an Olympic hosting should do the trick.
>>
I think you will see a lot of first world athletes back out since they will fully grasp the seriousness and weigh the risk vs reward.

There are going to be a lot of Americans who will back out I'm sure.

And for the golfers, who are pretty much all rich and shit, I'm pretty sure none of them will go now. Already hearing Jason Day is not gonna go cuz of Zika.
>>
>>68111753
Obviously the elite want everything to get as fucked up as possible for some reason.

Its not a conspiracy theory anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 515x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 515x510
>Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.
>>
Should be moved to a country with the infrastructure already in place to host. That limits the options to a few first world countries obviously, but that's not really a bad thing.

>>68111904

Maybe. I enjoy a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but I want to see how this Zika thing plays out more. And more importantly, I want more info on what the Zika virus is exactly. For all we know the ayy lmaos planted it to force humans to evolve into a new strain of earthling.
>>
Really tho, the WHO cannot let this go on as scheduled. You gotta move to a new host country ASAP. I know the CDC is already on record advising Americans to not visit these regions.
>>
>>68116925
organizing the Olympics takes so long that it could not be possibly done anywhere else until next year

and that would be with USA/China/Australia/UK hosting, assuming China hasn't let the facilities they built fall into disrepair
>>
>>68111904
but the status quo seems to be going pretty well for them, I'm not seeing the angle
>>
>>68117122
So just cancel them. It is only sports, they aren't worth fucking the rest of the world up
>>
File: WaltonSimons.png (346 KB, 524x511) Image search: [Google]
WaltonSimons.png
346 KB, 524x511
>>68111913
I take it he was agreeable?
>>
>>68116925
Brazil bankrupts itself to get prepared for the games, games end up not even being played there

seriously though funny how rich athletes and sports reporters might get sick people get concerned, nobody gives a fuck about the thousands of brazilians living in that shithole risking getting Zika everyday. Sums up the Olympics perfectly to me
>>
that is a scary picture, i have to say
>>
Her name is Rio and she has microencephalopathy

>not the catchiest Duran Duran song, desu
>>
Hopefully this shows the Olympic committee that games in third world shit holes are never a good idea.
>>
>>68117122

No, Britain or the United States could host on short notice. There are a handful of other nations I'm sure, but won't pretend to understand everyone's infrastructure.

If the IOC said USA or UK you gotta host this summer it would be very easy to do.

On the other hand, it would fuck over Brazil who have surely put countless dollars into preparations for hosting, but at the end of the day who really cares about Brazil?

There are louder than most voices in the WHO, yanno, from the world powers. Do they want their citizens traveling to Brazil to bring back this disease?
>>
>>68118623

If the games had to pull out, I think some sort of financial package would be put together for Brazil. They wouldn't hang a nation out to dry like that.

But at this point I don't know how much of a choice there is. There's going to be a LOT of athletes who will pull out if the Olympics aren't moved.
>>
>>68118623

>nobody gives a fuck about the thousands of brazilians

That is actually the Brazilian government's job. Not the rest of the world.
>>
>>68111904
Why? Shits working out fine for them.
>>
>>68117122
>organizing the Olympics takes so long that it could not be possibly done anywhere else until next year
They always have a Plan B + actual insurance in case of a cancellation.
>>
>>68118961

Which is why I don't buy into that conspiracy. They're making more money when shit is good. Chaos is bad for economies.
>>
Give Los Angeles the Olympics in perpetuity. We were great hosts.
>>
If I was some teen or early 20 year old single athlete I wouldn't give a fuck. If I had a family who'd be traveling with me? No fucking way I'd go to the Brazil Olympics. I don't care how long I had been training for it.
>>
Australia, USA, Britain, France, Russia?...there are countries who have shit in place to host mega events if needed.
>>
Its gonna be fun when everyone from around the world comes back with Zika and spreads it to local mosquitos.

I cancelled my trip to central america this year because I am gonna knock up my wife soon and don't want to breed another small brained mongoloid /sp/ janitor
>>
going ahead would be so stupid

lots of retarded babies will be born when people bring the virus back home
>>
>>68119769

And retarded babies turn into retarded adults who are super duper expensive for economies.

These games will not be held in Brazil. They're gonna get moved in the very near future.
>>
Am I the only one surprised this isn't a bigger story than it is? I mean this is literally dangerous fucking shit man. Why are so many outlets just kinda half ass covering or not even covering at all?
>>
>>68120061

because NBC paid millions to cover it and its got sponsors from most major corporations, so they don't want it cancelled.
>>
>>68120166

We still have enough time that it doesn't NEED to be cancelled. As has been said, there are countries who can host an event like this on short notice.
>>
>>68118150
Oh yes
>>
>>68118820
>If the IOC said USA or UK you gotta host this summer it would be very easy to do.
Maybe infrastructure-wise, especially as London only hosted the games 4 years ago and has all the stadia ready to go

However, actual attendance would be a fucking washout and make the games practically pointless to host to begin with. People have planned flights to and accommodation in Brazil months or even years beforehand, they cannot simply fix all that in the space of a few weeks

No matter what happens, Brazil is fucked
>>
Any world city can host the summer games with minimal prep time.

It wont be magical like Chinas but it would be safe and work.
>>
File: 1341348722548.png (127 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1341348722548.png
127 KB, 399x388
Unless I'm done making babies or me (never gonna get laid) there's no fuckin way I'm goin to Brazil m8s.

I mean even as me, in the off chance that I might get to plant a seed one of these days...i don't want the lil nigga to come out all crosseyed with 8 toes and shit man.
>>
>>68120337

There would need to be a lot of work done with traveling and what not. Airlines trading in tickets for new tickets to new host. Hotels offering refunds and getting bailed out on the backend with a payout.

Think about how expensive it'll be for a first world country, with actual healthcare in place, to deal with a Zika epidemic. Then think about how much money it'll take to fix this.

Fixing this cost considerably less.
>>
File: the pain.jpg (7 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
the pain.jpg
7 KB, 200x194
>>68120365
>you will never go to Brazil, get infected with Zika and impregnate multiple cheap Rio hookers with demon spawn
Just think about it m8, you too could actively participate in the genocide of the hues
>>
CDC have a pretty solid track record. They're saying don't go.

I don't know how politicized or controlled by money the World Health Organization is, but it seems pretty fuckin' obvious that this is a terrible idea. I mean, I'm not even a doctor and I understand that.
>>
>>68120561

Zika babies aren't old enough for us to know anything about em tho. They could literally be operating on a different wavelength and be a newer better version of ourselves. I don't want to supply the army that's gonna take me out
>>
>>68120246

except millions of plane tickets have already been bought and all major venues have already been scheduled months in advance for other shit, so it would be a clusterfuck no matter how good muh infrastructure is
>>
Isn't Zika pretty much contained in Brazil? Its like people complaining about Ebola or H1N1. The plague is over.
>>
>>68120937

I don't care how expensive the clusterfuck would be to fix, it wouldn't be a fraction of what a worldwide epidemic would cost. The entire WORLD'S economy will crash if Zika goes epidemic worldwide, including first world's (who are the ones to always bail out everyone and obv won't be able to).
>>
>>68121006

>contained in Brazil
>Brazil hosts the Summer Olympics this summer

That is the problem m8.
>>
>>68120681
>"There is no public health reason to cancel or delay the Olympics," Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a luncheon at The National Press Club in Washington.
>>
>>68121006
no, it has spread to Puerto Rico and a few other places.

but it's only widespread in Brazil at the moment
>>
File: TRANSHUMAN[1].jpg (96 KB, 1299x720) Image search: [Google]
TRANSHUMAN[1].jpg
96 KB, 1299x720
zika is our evolution, embrace it
>>
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/03/health/zika-oral-sex-kissing-transmission.html

Just remember, blowjobs will get you zika.
>>
When everyone has shrunken heads then no one will. Good luck Zika-chan~~~~
>>
>>68123452
oh no guess I have to watch out haha
;_;
>>
>>68121006
There are 200 cases in the US alone m8, Google it
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.