[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY KIDS! It's time to play "Who's the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: GreatestAthleteOfAllTime.jpg (81 KB, 652x642) Image search: [Google]
GreatestAthleteOfAllTime.jpg
81 KB, 652x642
HEY KIDS!
It's time to play "Who's the greatest athlete of all time..."

Spoiler alert! He's got the biggest balls of them all!
>>
>>68097408
Hockey: Gretzky
Football: Messi

Fuck the rest so called "sports".
>>
File: image.png (128 KB, 345x294) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128 KB, 345x294
>>68097515
>messi
>>
>>68097515
>messi
>>
>Jordan
>Pele
>>
basketball-steph curry
baseball-bryce harper
football-cam newton
hockey-sideny crosby
>>
>no Djokovic
>no Carlsen
>>
File: s0dfh.webm (2 MB, 929x520) Image search: [Google]
s0dfh.webm
2 MB, 929x520
>>
>>68097564
>>68097551
>pelel over Messi
>Messi not GOAT
Please have sex
>>
>>68097606
i want to hate fuck her and then beat the shit out of her
>>
Never understood this ''Pele is the goat'' meme tbqh.

You guys are literally enjoying the GOAT era but not, let's say it's some random brazilian against americans (lol) teams
>>
>>68097687
I agree

cristiano > messi
>>
Messi
>>
WHERES ALI?
>>
Aaron Boone
>>
>>68097408
Angus isn't even the best Young in AC/DC
>>
>>68097607
>messi
>>
>>68097408
Sir Don Bradman.
>>
Barry Sanders, & it's not even close.
>>
File: dinho.jpg (136 KB, 1240x931) Image search: [Google]
dinho.jpg
136 KB, 1240x931
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
futbol: Garrincha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYyx87NWrU

the biggest balls of all: Maradona
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21dkqtBwXk
>>
>>68097408
Angus Young
>>
>>68097515
First post best post
>>
File: gretzky.png (5 KB, 271x271) Image search: [Google]
gretzky.png
5 KB, 271x271
>GP/G/A/P

Wayne Gretzky's stats are incomprehensibly good
>>
>>68097515
>Sveden
>>
File: Zidane.jpg (734 KB, 1280x1531) Image search: [Google]
Zidane.jpg
734 KB, 1280x1531
ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE! ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE!

/thread
>>
File: brian puke.gif (185 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brian puke.gif
185 KB, 500x375
>>68097408
>Angus/Malcolm Young (who cares really)
>GOAT guitarist
midlife-crisis dad or underageb& detected.
faggot.
>>
>>68101179
Forgib me Canada, but I'm gonna assume
Gp=games played
G=gosls
A=??attempts/assists??
P= no idea

What am I looking at desu
>>
>>68097515
>Fuck the rest so called "sports".
Just because you suck ass at every other sport except skiing doesn't they inherently suck, Muhammad, and even then us Americans kick your ass at it all the time
>>
>>68101179
It only says he was the best in his particular chempionship. Best year of Edmonton was 86. Gretzky got sitloads of points and SC and that team lost to Russian CSKA clum 6:1.
International team level proved Gretzky was god only in his shit league since his team (even the beat team as you say) lost this bad to Russian one.
To sum it up: Gretzky as well as nhl back then is overrated piece of shit.
You can't say such things about Jordan as he didn't lose 6:1 to other teams from around the globe.
>>
football: van der vaart
tennis: djoker / graf
boxing: pretty boy floyd
>>
>>68101409
>football: van Basten
>tennis: Andre Aggassi
>boxing: Rockey Marcciano.
>hockey: Kharlamov
>>
>>68101179
Vandalia, can you explain the chart?

I'm just a baby :(

also some context as how those stats are impressive
>>
Needs more detailed positional breakdowns. You soccer- and cricketfags can do your own because I don't watch that, but I'll give the others a try:

HOCKEY
>Skater: Wayne Gretzky
>Goalie: Jacques Plante

BASKETBALL
>Offense: Michael Jordan
>Defense: Bill Russell

TENNIS
>Men's: Roger Federer
>Wimmin's: Serena Williams

BASEBALL
>Batting: Bonds (B-BUT MUH ROIDS)
>Pitching: Walter Johnson
>Defense: Brooks Robinson (infield), Andruw Jones (outfield)
>>
File: vdv.jpg (29 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
vdv.jpg
29 KB, 620x430
>>68101409
Correct.
>>
>>68101578
What about american footy?
>>
>>68097687
Except Pele regularly destroyed European teams, including a hattrick against Eusebio's Benfica in the intercontinental cup
>>
File: Eddy-Merckx-Molteni[1].jpg (778 KB, 1069x1048) Image search: [Google]
Eddy-Merckx-Molteni[1].jpg
778 KB, 1069x1048
few sports have a GOAT this dominant over everyone else
>>
>>68101578
plante may have been one of the most important for the development of goaltending, but he wasn't the best goaltender.of all time. Hasek or Roy take that spot.
>>
>>68101524
You won't see scoring numbers anywhere near that today even though the rules have been adjusted to make the game faster and more skill oriented. It's beyond Messi numbers and you don't play the full 60 minutes in hockey, maybe half of that on a busy night. And also like Messi, he was never physically dominant and even says in his autobiography he would frequently finish last in fitness testing with his teams.

50 goals in 39 games, 200+ points multiple times when players rarely reach 100 today, almost as many assists than the next person has points, with a hundred or so less games than much of the top ten. Played a central role expanding the game in the States as well. You could go on and on.
>>
>>68101578
>>68101613
ah yeah, of course.
oh boy, here we go.

OFFENSE
>QB: Tom Brady
>RB: Jim Brown
>WR: Jerry Rice
>TE: Rob Gronkowski (B-BUT GONZO)
>OL: Bruce Matthews

DEFENSE
>DL: Reggie White
>LB: Ray Lewis
>CB: Night Train Lane
>S: Ronnie Lott

>>68101779
fair point, plante was just the first one to come to my mind. oh, and if we're splitting skaters into offense and defense it's Gretzky for O and Bobby Orr on defense

>>68101692
>>>/alt/
>>
>>68101388

Soviet Union propaganda at work
>>
>>68101970
>Soviet Union propaganda at work
Just watch this game on youtube. Then get back in here and post "youtube propaganda at work".
>>
>>68102017

It's practically

>National team plays against domestic league team
>>
>>68101643
Except Messi regularly destroyed European teams, including a hattrick against Cristiano's Real Madrid in the Champions League
>>
>>68102074
>National team
lol. CSKA is not the national team, dummy. But many players from the national team play in CSKA.
Edmonton consisted of many "super stars" that by your shit oppinion are better than any Russian, but all you're doing now is complaining: "oy vey, we're better, oy vey national team, oy Gretzky is superior".
Just accept that your best team with the best player lost to CSKA 6:1. Because Russian hockey was way superior to that of yours. Back then, of cause. Only faggots and schoolboys who never leave nhl web site can claim such silly thing as you do.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.