[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is clay a meme surface?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Fotolia_43980546_M.jpg (591 KB, 1691x1123) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_43980546_M.jpg
591 KB, 1691x1123
?
>>
Can somebody explain why some people play better on different surfaces? Is it just a coincidence that some people have better or worse records on different surfaces or do some players actually benefit from different surfaces?
>>
it's shit

may as well have them play on loose gravel while they're at it

shit's retarded
>>
>>68074364
Try playing baseball on concrete lad
>>
>>68074388
Okay...everybody would be playing on concrete...how would I be at a disadvantage against other players? How does that answer my question?
>>
>>68074364
The ball bounces differently. At least that's what they always say on TV.
>>
>>68074364
The ball goes much faster on grass/hard court. Then, players with a very good service have an important advantage. In the case of clay, its is more important to be consistent playing in the baseline.
>>
yes, nadal is a clay-babby
>>
>>68074364

Doesn't it have something to do with the height of the bounce/speed of the ball after interacting with the surface?

Imagine you played very aggressive tennis and it worked well on a fast surface where you could constantly apply pressure to your opponent. Imagine now your style was completely fucked because the game was now slower thus playing into your opponents style of heavy spin or some shit.

I dunno, I play on a table anyways.
>>
>>68074364
Endurance type players are favoured by clay while technique types are favoured by grass because of the different speed of the ball. Think of Nadal and Federer
>>
>>68074296
ur mum's a meme surface faget
>>68074364
different surfaces = different response to the ball interacting with the surface
varying speed, bouce, height etc.
clay is the slowest and grass is the fastest
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.