[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the west is so much better than the east! >if the lak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Golden_State_Warriors_logo.svg.png (158 KB, 838x1024) Image search: [Google]
Golden_State_Warriors_logo.svg.png
158 KB, 838x1024
>the west is so much better than the east!
>if the lakers were east they'd be in the finals!
>xD

Friendly reminder there are only two good teams in the west and 4/10 top spots are occupied by east teams.

The west just happens to have historically two of the best teams of all time, everyone else is shit and in no way competing for anything.

The Cavs are the legit third best team in basketball and would legit be in the western conference finals in the west.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giTjABPKlj3Y0xfHN8bF5GFQitBCY-pSE78vTgW6j1Y/edit#gid=1482670417
>>
This honestly might be the worst thread I've ever seen

0/10
>>
>>68071869
>will be beat in the finals by a western team
>would somehow beat the same team to make the finals if in the west
>>
>>68072052
nobody is saying that tho
the rest of the west isn't good
and would not beat the east
cavs beat a legit top 5 and two top 10's
they had an objectively harder path to the finals
>>
>>68072420
You have got to be retarded to actually believe that

The warriors, Okc, the spurs, and the Clippers would be either the first or second best team in the east without a doubt. Portland and even shitty fucking Houston would be the 2nd or 3rd best team. Probably the second. The east is laughably poor apart from one team and has been that way for years. At least in the past there were two teams. This year it is just the cavs, the rest are fucking garbage
>>
>>68072552
i have objective data that proves the rest of the west isn't better than the east

you don't have a single fact to backup anything you posted.
>>
>>68072579
How is your objective data compiled

Because it is objectively true that western teams do better than eastern teams in head to head
>>
>>68072636
elo is the most accurate method for predicting a champion. look it up.

and the only west teams doing better is memers and spurs just like i said
>>
>>68072718
Oh so predicting a champion, not strength of team. Which means that it takes into account the relative strength of the conference in calculating a teams chance of making it to the finals to begin with.

You're trying to argue something with evidence that does not support your claim
>>
>>68072718
Also that's after 22 games
>>
>>68072805
even if you go by 538 carm-elo system, the cavs are 4th only a few points below thunder and would have played them with home court adv and won.

and still 5 of top 10 teams are east. again, only the warriors are significantly better. there's a huge decline past the cavs. the spurs thunder and cavs are all fairly close.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nba-picks/
>>
>>68072579
>i have objective data that proves the rest of the west isn't better than the east
The West had a winning record against the East this season.

How about that for objective data?
>>
>>68072917
since i'm not arguing which team was tanking for lottery picks harder and not that the west didn't have the top two teams...

how about you filter your w-l data to include only the top teams in the east (cavs, raptors, hawks) agsainst the other top teams in the west who are supposedly so much better and would have won the east as you westards always claim.

>cavs
swept clippers, swept thunder
we can already see outside the top two teams in the west, their next best two would get donkey punched by the cavs in the ecf

>raptors
swept clippers, split with thunder

you're already fucked. the top two teams in the east go 7 - 1 against the rest west.

so no, contrary to popular belief, only the top two teams in the west would win the east, the next teo get their shit slapped by record.
>>
>>68071869
sorry for the shit thread. OP has head trauma from a stable accident, carry on
>>
>>68073211
i should also point out that the cavs and raptors both split season matchups with the spurs.

only the memeiors are a lock to win if they played in the east. rest of west is dogshit and would fail to get through one of the top east teams.
>>
>>68073211
>>68073395
Regular Season
>>
>>68073504
>not regular season
>i'll just make shit up since you can't argue against baseless assertions!

westards conveniently ignore that the rest of the west would fail to get through the cavs and raptors and the cavs aren't east babbys they swept the thunder and clippers and that was during a turbulent season with two different coaches and a worse bench rotation.

Face it the West are a one team league everything else is your rose colored glasses.
>>
>>68073645
In the regular season
>>
>>68073668
yep in the reg season which determines who has home court and the top teams win a face shattering percentage of games at home in the playoffs.

you're a broken record and got nothing, bitch
>>
>>68073752
There are countless times a team has won a season series only to lose to the same team in the offs. The bulls did it a few years ago to the heat, the raptors did it this year to the cavs. It's the regular season.
>>
>>68073925
the teams that make the finals almost always have a top 2 team in it and the favored team usually wins. everything else is just your vague baseless assertions.

the fact is every bit of data shows only the memeiors would be a lock to win if they were east team. every other team would stumble to one of the top east teams, with only the spurs having a 50/50 shot.

the other guy brought up reg season and i proved him wrong. his data point only works if you count wins against irrelevant teams.
>>
Theoretical data. Everything you say has a maybe or a most of the time attached to it. The game isn't that cut and dry.
>>
>>68074096
>>the teams have a top 2 team in them? Df is this dyslexic autism?
>>
>>68074449
I'm using the same data the westards use to claim the east as vastly inferior.

If we can both agree that there isn't a shred of data that proves anyone other than the memeiors would be a lock in the east then we can agree.
>>
>>68074871
No such thing as a lock in sports it's unpredictable.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.