[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: Bunt_0999_B.jpg (176 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Bunt_0999_B.jpg
176 KB, 1024x681
How do we fix it?
>>
Relocation to Oklahoma City
>>
>>68037900
>fixing boreball

An impossible endeavor, anon.
>>
>>68037900
pitcher batting? force the national """"""""""""league""""""""""""""" to adopt the DH
>>
free substitution
>>
Multiball
>>
give every player a gun but only one is loaded
>>
more bunts
>>
Reduce the schedule reasonably enough so teams would have a rotation consisting of two starting pitchers at maximum instead of starting literal whos every 4th game.
>>
Salary cap, salary floor, and 50/50 revenue sharing among the league.
>>
No more offside
Flopping is an instant red card
Yuropeans have to stop acting so gay off the field
Stop putting ads on the jerseys
>>
Eliminate the ground rule double.

If you dont want to get scored on dont let the ball leave the park
>>
File: kike bear.gif (259 KB, 492x606) Image search: [Google]
kike bear.gif
259 KB, 492x606
>>68038541
I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
>>68038535
I was just thinking about this today. Way too many shit pitchers..
>>
>>68038588
Couldnt the groundscrew just build "green monsters" all around?
>>
>>68038595
Somebody who wants to fix baseball, or at least accurately answer OP's question.
>>
>>68038609
if baseball was broken the LA dodgers would have a dynasty just since they spent the most money
>>
>>68038535
It would kill all the jobs at the stadium but only have a 70 game schedule.

Your teams only play Friday Saturday and Sunday. Maybe holidays too, no more wondering if you are missing a tuesday morning day game
>>
>>68038615
The Dodgers are bad in spite of their payroll. They'd be the Cleveland Browns of baseball if they couldn't buy their way out of their mistakes every year.
>>
>>68038606
you would tear down memeway park since it is ancient as fuck and have a maximum wall size
>>
>>68038628
the dasd tried to be the dodgers and they loss more games in 2015 than they did in 2014.

The Giants have a dynasty not because of money but they have a GOAT farm system that let them get great players for cheap
>>
>>68038425
but muh tradition
>>
>>68037900
Each team plays each team in their division once home and once away.
Top 8 in each division enter playoffs.
Best of 7 series. Team with better record gets all games at home. UNLESS the worse team swept the season series. Then, worse team gets home field advantage.
World Series is the only time AL and NL meet. Best of 7. Home field determined by which division won the previous year. DH rule turned off in Series.

Shorter season, longer playoffs, real advantage for getting as many wins as possible during season, every game has real meaning.
>>
>>68038654
Giants have a top 5 payroll. Yes they've run a good organization, and have had a some good luck in the playoffs, but a hefty payroll helps get them their in the first place. About half the league is shit out of luck when it comes to free agency or signing superstars to long-term contracts, but it is what it is. Baseball decided to go this route in the early 90's and it's almost certainly too late to change it now.
>>
Anyone who dislikes basedball is either a nigger, a faggot, or a woman.
>>
4 teams and only 2 weeks of games
>>
>>68038674
>killing off inter league play
sorry senpai the kikes jerk off to the idea of LA/NYY games and love shekel milking
>>
>>68037900
bunts are okay if you're moving a runner from 1st to 2nd and the batter is fucking shit but bunts with a runner at 2nd should be illegal for being completely fucking stupid
>>
>>68037900
6 innings, 4 outs per inning
more liberal player substitutions
no extra innings in regular season, counts as tie after regulation innings
>>
It's the greatest sport ever invented. And it doesn't need fixing.

Even the "long" season is great, because of all the collapses and hot streaks that happen. Furthermore, the long season makes roster building that much tougher.

In the NBA, for example, you can sign 2 great players and are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. Shit, even 1 great player (like Lebron) is enough to contend, like in his first Cleveland tenure.

Meanwhile, a team could sign both Mike Trout and Kershaw, and still be a shit team.

Also:

- No clock, meaning no lead is ever safe. There's no sitting on the ball or passing around to run out the clock.

- Games play out very different from one another. In an awful sport like soccer, 90% of games usually end in some 2-1, 1-0, 3-1, 0-0 (lol) type of score. In baseball, you really never know how the game is going to play out. Could be 1-0, 8-5, 12-10, 11-0, 7-6, etc, etc.

That said, there are few things that need to tweaked. Pitchers and batter need to speed their routines. Not to much where it kills tension, but a bit.

"Robot" home plate umps. Just give the umps some kind of Google Glass type of device that overlays the pitch trax.

- Re-allow collisions.

That's it.
>>
>>68038796
And how many Lebron caliber players are there in the NBA? Two? Three?
>>
>all players on the field at the same time
>instead of playing on turf they play on ice
>instead of a bat they use a longer stick curved at one end
>three 20 minute periods instead of nine innings
>ball changed to puck shaped rubber disk
>>
>>68038853
canada I'd like you to know that no one gives a shit about hockey
>>
Played twice a week. Teams only have one or 2 starting pitchers. Walks only take 3 balls. Catching the ball in the air isn't an automatic out.

There I just saved baseball
>>
Both teams bat at the same time. Whoever hits the furthest gets a point. Do that for all batters and most points wins
>>
>>68038865
>no one

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=hockey%2C%20baseball
>>
>>68038807

Yeah, players like him are definitely a rarity, but a team could still sign say a Jimmy Butler and Kyle Lowry, round out the team with okay role players, and that team would be likely good enough to win 42-48 games and make the playoffs.

I mean, look how the Celtics won the title right after the signings of Garnett and Allen. They won 24 games the year before.

Big signings happen all the time in baseball and simply don't tip the scales like signings do in basketball.
>>
>>68038872
>Catching the ball in the air isn't an automatic out.
It would take over 4 hours just to get to the seventh inning stretch.
>>
one player on defense armed with minigun, allowed to shoot at any player for any reason
>>
>>68038923
Cut the number of innings then
>>
umpire releases swarm of africanized bees when bench clearing incidents happen.
>>
>>68038796
>Even the "long" season is great, because of all the collapses and hot streaks that happen. Furthermore, the long season makes roster building that much tougher.

This isn't the 1930s. No one under 35 is paying attention to the ebbs and flows of a 152? game season. except kids who played and/or were brainwashed by daddy.

You know why football is so popular? 4 month commitment, consistent weekly schedule, and greater sense of importance/urgency week to week, easy to casually follow team's record.

Nba/nhl/mlb could all be hugely more popluar if they cut their regular seasons to 40 games max. But in the short term it would make them less profitable, so they'll never change.
>>
>>68039056
>162 games

You autistic rat
>>
>>68038872
I like your first two suggestions.
Wednesday and Saturday or Sunday. Every week. Done.
>>
File: 1464654618447.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464654618447.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>68038796
>It's the greatest sport ever invented. And it doesn't need fixing
>>
>>68038778
Yes. These ideas.

In soccer there is a timer for how long the goalie can hold the ball, use a 5 second count for pitchers. Players cannot pause by stepping out f the box. No warm up for new pitchers because they just got theirs in the bullpin. Make the fields either much more in so more homers, or make it much bigger and increase the liklihood of big hits and activity, giving the game more action.

Fights are ok, and players cant be stopped until one hits the ground. Sliding directly at a guy to break up a play, instant warnng followed by a suspension if the team does it again. Likewise, the catcher can be rammed anytime and there will be no reprocussions.

Give them metal bats

Get them cheerleaders

Let steroids be ok

You cant speak english, you cant play (trump rule)

Razor blades in the Cleats
>>
>>68039056

>You know why football is so popular? 4 month commitment, consistent weekly schedule, and greater sense of importance/urgency week to week, easy to casually follow team's record.

Why do you want to turn everything into something that caters to short-attention spans?

>You want those sports to die?

They won't. Record profits (aside from maybe the NHL) all around.

But yeah, let's dumb more shit down to appeal to "casuals," who probably won't be magically turned into life-long fans anyway. Simply put, if you like a sport, you'll watch it, regardless of season length.
>>
>>68039081
i would go from watching 5 regular season dodger games a year to watching most of them. as it stands, all I know is kershaw is doing well and i'll check in on the team in september.
>>
>>68039207
>Simply put, if you like a sport, you'll watch it, regardless of season length.
Remember this post when you have a career and a family.
>>
>>68039207
>Why do you want to turn everything into something that caters to short-attention spans?
I said nothing about the length of games. Wanting fewer games in a season is not an issue of attention spans, it's an issue of monotony and low stakes.
>>
multiball & make bats bigger
>>
>>68039238
>Remember this post when you have a career and a family.

Yet most core baseball fans tend to be older, which obviously suggests a high likelihood of those fans having a career and family.

Also, you don't have to watch every game, but baseball reduced to a 40 or even 80 game season would make roster building much less interesting and less demanding for front offices. It would just be about singing stars, like in the NBA.

I would agree if we didn't have the NHL and NBA, but since we do, baseball fits perfectly next to the NFL (short season, high spectacle, regular season is basically the playoffs) and the NHL and NBA (middle length seasons, star oriented, fast paced) in the North American sports landscape.

I would probably agree with a 130ish game season, though.
>>
>>68038733
This but not so racist or sexist
Baseball is great the way it is imo
Everyone who disagrees either never played or will never understand
>>
offense and defense should be two completely separate sets, carrying over only by team choice
>>
>>68039269
>it's an issue of monotony and low stakes.

You can solve the monotony by not watching every game, and if you do follow other sports, you probably won't anyway, since the NBA and NHL playoffs coincide with baseball's first 3rd of the season.

I just don't think the sport should be turned into a game that glorifies "star power" over careful roster building, and the former would happen if the season length were reduced to 40 games. And I don't have anything against stars, but like I said in another post, we already have a star driven league in the NBA and the NHL to an extent.

>Low stakes

Not really. A four game skid in May looks pretty high stakes to a team that missed the post-season by a game, which happens all the time. Every game is important.

Furthermore, the long season makes the regular season interesting. In the NBA, everyone knew the Warriors basically locked up the number 1 seed after 24 games.
>>
>>68037900

Oh, a different, legal, "sometimes" tactic that changes up the game a bit, makes people focus on the short game tension.

Yep, we definitely wouldn't ever want a "sometimes" tactic to spice things up. Even when it can blow up in the batter's face, to equally amusing result. Nope, there's no appeal to that as a diversion in the sport.

real answer: you leave it alone and do absolutely nothing to tamper with it, OP.
>>
>>68039395
They were 24-0 when every other team has at least 2 or losses by that point. of course every fuckin knew they had the number one seed locked.
>>
>>68038425
>>68038664
Do you fricks really not see the superiority of the national league? The DH is a cop out. There's no reason to have a single player not play offense or defense. If a pitcher gets better at hitting, there's an advantage for whoever signs him. Madbum going yard off Kershaw twice, Arrieta stealing second in the WC game, these things don't happen in the AL.

I went to a Royals game this year and I could sense the dark unspoken truth of everyone in attendance; this is not baseball. This is Frankenstein's baseball, a monster created as a result of a desire to improve on the original in some way while maintaining some semblance of humanity, only to be doomed to the ill fate that all bastardizations must face. The DH must be viewed for what it truly is: a travesty of baseball, similar to the steroid era, or the stickum era of the NBA. If Big Papi wanted to be a serviceable defensive player, I'd have no problem putting him in my lineup, but instead he hides his weakness in a collusion most foul, suckling on the pitiful teat of the AL. See, the DH feeds off the weakness of pitchers, and the pitchers feed off the weakness of the DH. Starting to see something wrong here? If they're feeding off one another in this way, what are they eating? That's right. Shit. This human centipede has been conveniently ignored by fans of AL teams like the depraved, retarded offspring locked in the attic of the house of an otherwise wholesome family. But the day is nigh when the moans and scratching at the floorboards become too much for the family to explain to visitors; cats don't moan like that, dogs don't pound on the floor and knock over furniture. The family knows what must be done, but the truth is too painful. That's why MLB needs to grow a pair, go up to the attic, lure the wretched beast into the backyard, and end this unnatural life, this coprophagic creature.
>>
>>68040451
Not sure if facebook post or really shitty pasta
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.